Still Need Help with Yod Interpretation...

Arian Maverick

Unfortunately, many of my greatest dreams have already been shattered...I guess I just have to get that dreaming device reserviced! 8)

By looking at my chart, do you have any idea in what field I may find success?

Aquarian Maverick

Kite

My dear the better question would be is there a particular field that I won't find success.

BTW - I am a man with a daughter one year younger than you. I have Aquariusl rising with Mars conjunt Moon in Aries - I have Uranus in Leo, Saturn in Sag, etc.

Fire can be like a blow torch..or brush fire. You will mature and learn how to control the flame and work it wherever you choose. You always have free choice. No one would want to limit your choices..that's really why we're here in my opinion - to choose and to make the best of the choices we make.

It's really not important what you end up with as a career...you are afterall a human being..not a human doing.

My kid is in the Choir, the Swim team, the youth group, plays guitar, sits on the board of another youth group and is having her Sweet 16 party this weekend. To her, life is totally awesome!!!! And that's with broken dreams and all. She's an Aquarius too with her moon in Aries. A ton of planets in Cap in the 6th house so she should really be much more reserved if you look at the chart.

We are more than our chart. Ultimately our chart can help provide us with an initial blueprint of the energies at work in our life but in the long run we must develop our own inner guidance system. I'm sure you are on the right towards developing that.

Peace Out,

Kite (I really mean it this time)

Arian Maverick

Kite, your last post completely blew me away...everything you said struck a chord...thank you for everything!

P.S. Wish your daughter a very happy Sweet 16 from all of us here at Astrology Weekly!

C Jayne

Aquarian Maverick said:
..I feel like I'm trying to complete a puzzle with missing pieces, and I'm driving myself to distraction.

Indeed, I feel a strong sense of destiny for a young person my age, but I have no idea what I'm supposed to accomplish here in this incarnation--not a clue. I've been looking towards astrology for answers to questions I have long deemed unanswerable, trying to figure out who I am and why I'm here...yet there's something missing. There's always something missing. Are we currently experiencing any difficult transits that might explain this confusion and this urgency?

Dear AqMav,

Here are two charts you should examine (both yours):

I've been reading threads, and as I entered this one (which began before I joined this forum) I heard what sounded like my own voice when I was in my late teens, early 20s -- that sense of urgency. Yours sounds somewhat less frantic than mine did, and yet it sounded so deadly serious, wanting to know, basically, "What are we here for?" except that you are wise enough to limit that to simply, "What am I here for?"

I have to start this lengthy entry (if it's not long yet, it's gonna be!) by saying, that for myself, I came close to burning out early, trying to come to conclusions about this. After a broken romance (as time went on, I had lots of these,-- this was more of a "Mid-Youth Crisis" - ) and a kind of personal, inner fizzle, then a time of rest, and a time of re-beginning, I finally concluded that I could not answer all these questions in a day, and, in fact, I believed, and still believe, I am here for a very serious purpose, and so I must take care of my body, so that it can be here long enough for my mind and spirit to mature.

Yes, there are specific reasons why you would feel a sense of urgency about your life right now.

Take a look at that Pluto-focal-planet yod.

On your transiting chart, all this year, you will have Jupiter conjuncting natal Pluto.

On your progressed chart -- RIGHT NOW! -- your progressed Moon is conjuncting natal Pluto.

In other words, for some reason, right now, your natal Pluto -- the focal planet in one of your yods -- is the "Man of the Hour."

Now, you say that kids at your school all know what they are going to do. Just like that.

I wrestled with this problem for many years in my youth. What I finally figured out, after much time, was that those people were probably only good at one thing, or maybe two things. Personally, I was multi-talented and excessively talented, like you. This was both good, and bad. Good, since of course we should feel rich to be bestowed with many talents like this, and bad, because I felt I was squandering all this talent by not being able to choose between playing piano and writing and managing people and psychoanalyzing and painting and dancing and doing math and handling responsibility. Wht couldn't I just do all those things? What was wrong with me?

Glyk wants to know where mental illness comes from. I'd say, having too many choices can do it.

Some astrologer I read long ago said this:

In order to determine your best career, look at the rulers of the sign where your Midheaven lands.

On your chart, those rulers are --

Mars -- which you have as the focal planet of a yod

-- and --

Pluto -- which you have as the focal planets of a yod.

Your North Node, which shows you the path that comes easily to you, the general direction your soul is headed in, is in Pisces in your 1st House. This means, you are dramatically performing for the world (1st house) an exploration of the unknown, such as astrology (Pisces) -- although, you may find other outlets for this combination as your life progresses.

Those postings by Kite and Tim, about Pluto yod and psychoanalyzing versus trust, and Mars yod and competing in the home -- I agree with those. You'll probably find other ways of letting out the same energy if you give yourself a break from time to time, so you don't burn yourself out.

But anyway, right now, your life is focused on that Pluto yod, because both your Progressed chart and your transiting chart are hammering on it.

-- Canyon Jayne

C Jayne

AqMav--

I just double checked your Progressed chart.

Progressed Moon conjuncted Progressed Pluto on March 1st, 2006.

Progressed Moon conjuncted Natal Pluto on March 14th, 2006.
Just thought you'd be interested. Generally speaking, you're supposed to assume a broader perspective on dates than this -- like, think March or maybe even think Spring.

But some of us are highly sensitive, and hit it right on the date. The Pluto/ Moon conjunction works pretty much like a transit, only more on a spiritual level -- the thing you lose, instead of it being your car blowing up, is likely to be an attitude. Maybe you gain a feeling of power or shed an attitude of helplessness. I'm getting tired. I won't make really good sense here, but I hope you get the drift, and I hope it helps you.

G'night--

C.

Arian Maverick

Wow, it's been a long time since I last revisited this thread! Thank you once again for your wonderful insight, C Jayne! :mrgreen:

Aquarian Maverick

C Jayne

Aquarian Maverick said:
Wow, it's been a long time since I last revisited this thread! Thank you once again for your wonderful insight, C Jayne! :mrgreen: Aquarian Maverick

You're very welcome, AqMav!

I'd be interested to know if any of this sounds on-target. If so, glad I helped.

--C Jayne

Arian Maverick

It seems as if every time I'm looking for a particular thread to provide a text link to, I find at least two more boards featuring my incorrect natal chart :oops:

How would my Ascendant change and the subsequent house shifts affect the interpretation of my yods?

Arian Maverick

C Jayne

Arian Maverick said:
How would my Ascendant change and the subsequent house shifts affect the interpretation of my yods?

AM--

Now we WANT the old chart -- for comparison! Your Yods now point to 8th and 4th houses. Where were they in the wrong chart?

-- CJ

Arian Maverick

Now we WANT the old chart -- for comparison! Your Yods now point to 8th and 4th houses. Where were they in the wrong chart?

In my original (incorrect) natal chart, my Pluto apex yod was focused in the ninth house, and my Mars apex yod was focused in the fourth house. However, this could change depending on the house system I used.

Thanks! :wink:

Arian Maverick

C Jayne

AM--

The brief, deep version is, with your Pluto Yod, you feel guilty about all the Pluto energies -- power, sublimation through sex, etc. etc. -- in the area of your life where you experience (Scorpio) profoundly affecting (8th house) sexual or financial partnerships.

The less brief, more deep version of interpreting your Pluto Yod is to say:
In this lesson, you are attempting to integrate several energies in your life -- brash courage (Aries) in the dramatic experiences of your life (1st house) and clever mastery (Gemini) of simple tasks (3rd house) -- as a way of enhancing profoundly affecting (Scorpio) sexual or financial partnerships (8th house) over which you are attempting to have power (Pluto).

(Sorry about not having parallel constructions there -- I'm getting tired.)

You can fill in the blanks for any planet / sign/ house, but you must gather together useful descriptions of each of those components for yourself from sources you trust (I mentioned books by Arroyo and Greene previously -- there are others).

I have obsessed about these things because of my own chart (my Yods aren't as tight as yours, but fall within a 5 degree orb). Obsessing generally doesn't help.

More useful is the simple knowledge that this planet highlights an experience where you feel conflicted, and thus, are somewhat paralyzed in trying to utilize it, until you master the difficulty of utilizing it despite the discomfort it gives you.

The Buddhists say that if something bothers you, you should dive into it. If you're allergic to poison ivy, dive into it. If you're afraid of the dark, go meditate in your closet.

If power (Pluto) and being aggressive (more power -- Mars) scare you, follow Nike's advice:

Just Do It.

-- C J