Stelliums 8th/9th and mutual reception

Blou

Hello. I'm very new to astrology. I used Astrodienst to generate a chart and have been looking up information about natal charts. It's fascinating, but at times quite confusing or complicated!

I think I have a stellium in 8th House (in Libra) and in 9th House (in Scorpio)

Within those I have Pluto in Libra and Venus in Scorpio, so in mutual reception (please correct me if I am getting this wrong!)

It made me wonder about what impact that might have combined?

I'm already "doubly Libra" (Sun sign and Moon sign) and the Bowl shaped thing.

It feels like my natal chart is sort of unbalanced and with a few extremes?

I was also wondering if my Neptune is quite close enough to MC to have an influence?

Many thanks for any suggestions!

9korP4wTGZjkQmd67

Attachments

• Natal.jpg
    Natal.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:

Frisiangal

HI,
House positions of planets depend upon the house system used. You use Equal House (mainly used in U.K?).... all houses same 30 degree size from Asc. degree. If another house system is used, the correspondence between Asc. and M.C., and taking the latter as the beginning of the 10th house, the houses can change in size. It will place a totally dfferent emphasis upon chart positions through the houses they are in.

Venus-Pluto are 'officially' in mutual reception but an aspect between them might be too wide to be even considered as a minor one. Their differences may act individually through their signs. Pluto in Libra 'overthrows' the sentiment of Libra's 'we together' in relationship quality, whilst Venus in Scorpio conjunct Uranus can have what might appear as a tendency towards 'experimentation in all aspects of love', with a difficulty in settling down with one person/position only. The imbalance is not in the chart but lies within yourself in trying to find and deal with the two different sides of your inherent nature through the houses concerned.

With no birth data provided and jumping the gun fast forward, the natal position of planets show you to be early 40's and currently going through what is astrologically called the Uranus opposition (Uranus NOW opposes its natal position) and, more commonly, as the mid-life 'Is this all there is?' crisis. Natal Sun has progressed from Libra through Scorpio over the years.
With transit Saturn (in the sky now) having formed a square to Scorpio, and Saturn and Uranus as natural antagonists of old versus change of it, you could be experiencing a time when the old situations are no longer evident and have vanished (12th house influence) and you are still searching for means to adjusting to the change it has brought.

Depending upon house system, Neptune is within orb of a conjunction to Sagittarius M.C., either in 9th or 10th houses. Neptune in Sagittarius can literally be highly idyllic of nature in its beliefs, show unconditional love, is dedicated to its profession. Yet it can also have difficulty with accepting the mundane flow of life presented through the natal conflicting square with Saturn.in Virgo; physical manifestation. If disappointments become more common than opportunities for/and/or material success, one can seek or turn to means of escaping the harsh reality.

With tr. Neptune in the 1st house having squared its natal position in mid 2018 through mid 2021, were you confronted with personal loss/sacrifice, illness (e.g. covid), employment, which has obviously had its effects upon your personal outlook.

Is there a specific reason that you turn to the metaphysical of astrology to find answers for your current situation? Perhaps, as you learn more and the mid-life crisis is over, you will have found them fopr yourself.

:smile:

wan

Within those I have Pluto in Libra and Venus in Scorpio, so in mutual reception (please correct me if I am getting this wrong!)

Your understanding is correct, however, some people do not believe that Pluto rules Scorpio. In other words, they still use traditional rulership, in which case it would be Mars. And they use the modern-day ruler for additional information.

Blou

Thank you both for your replies. :smile:

Indeed I find it a little confusing with the different house systems. I dislike uncertainty and don't know which would be most "accurate".

Yes, 43 year old here. I wouldn't really say I'm experiencing a mid-like crisis. If anything, my life in the last few years has been the most peaceful and stable it has ever been.
Life has been very....eventful, up until now.

It's interesting that you mention Neptune squared with natal mid-2018 to 2021 and illness.

I developed a new set of symptoms at the end of 2018 (though currently still have several of them) related to an ongoing illness, triggered by a traumatic event/situation.

I have been skeptical of astrology for most of my life. However I have been interested in the mystical/occult/spiritual etc and started looking into astrology in connection with my spiritual interests as an extra influence to consider after reading an article that prompted me to consider it more.

I am quite dissociative, so I'm intrigued by the concept that there is some kind of underlying 'blueprint' of influences on who I am, and perhaps on the numerous and oftentimes unusual turns of events in the first half of my life.

I am finding it a little bit tricky to sort through some possible interpretations. Due to various circumstances in my life (and health) I can't see a way to interpret work/career related parts of it. After a prolonged stint as a student in my 20s I have been unable to work due to illness/disability.

waybread

Yes to those two stellia and mutual reception. Those 2 planets are like friends who help each other out, strengthening them both.

Mars appears to be the strongest planet in your chart, as the traditional ruler of Scorpio.

The traditional pre-modern rulerships are Mars-Scorpio, Saturn-Aquarius, and Jupiter-Pisces.

Frisiangal

I am finding it a little bit tricky to sort through some possible interpretations. Due to various circumstances in my life (and health) I can't see a way to interpret work/career related parts of it. After a prolonged stint as a student in my 20s I have been unable to work due to illness/disability.

Hi again,
As an astrological chart is personal of nature, the 6th and 10th houses are 'mundanely' associated with employment and career. Yet in other terms and sense, the 10th house is associated with one's outer position and standing in life, as applied to one's 'destiny'.
The 6th house is the house of SELF service, which can refer to applying one's energies 'to work upon one's self'. This is never more appropriate than when Leo, ruled by Sun .... one's personal will and motivation in life ... is on the cusp.
A highly respected astrologer, Dane Rudhyar, called the 6th house 'the house of crisis in consciousness' because, lying between the 5th house of 'creative self' and the 7th house of 'the other', an individual is on a see-saw between putting the interests of one's self OR that of another first. This would seem to influence the double edge you mentioned regarding a Libra Sun, finding the balance between different sides..
With your interest in subjects that go beyond the 'mundane' life, looking at the houses from this perspective might provide you with a clearer understanding of the 'why' of your place and physical existence.

Whatever house system used, Pisces remains the Ascending sign, comparative to the physical constitution. Its traditional ruler is Jupiter (that I personally use when relating to influence of Moon feelings ) and modern ruler is Neptune (when relating to Sun inference ). Both planets aspect Jupiter; neither planet aspects Neptune. An active Neptune is within a square aspect to the planet of physical manifestation, Saturn. Physically a conflict between the two energies can weaken (Neptune) the skeletal and outer structure (skin) limits of the body(Saturn). Osteo conditions, immune system issues are often apparent. Mutable sign influence can refer to issues in agility and mobility.

Another house system would place Jupiter in the previous house. Yet Equal house's 6th house position would see its square to natal Mars as relevant in physical complaints and the effect upon one's 1st house constitution and 10th house career. Mars has rulership in the blood, muscles, inflammations of all kinds, and rules one general active energy. Jupiter also has rulership in the blood, body tissue, fat, and gives a general 'increase' upon everything with which it comes into contact. Positively speaking Jupiter is the planet of 'good health'. Its positive aspect to natal Sun, offering self confidence and optimism, would appear to rule out heart complaints.

Should your interest in astrology be further influenced by the Uranus opposition to undergo a change of direction, you might find the positions of the nodal axis worth while reading. The SN in Pisces in the 1st house has been observed to be relevant in those cases where physical disorders (NN Virgo) play an important role in life's progress.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hi again,
As an astrological chart is personal of nature, the 6th and 10th houses are 'mundanely' associated with employment and career. Yet in other terms and sense, the 10th house is associated with one's outer position and standing in life, as applied to one's 'destiny'.
The 6th house is the house of SELF service, which can refer to applying one's energies 'to work upon one's self'. This is never more appropriate than when Leo, ruled by Sun .... one's personal will and motivation in life ... is on the cusp.
A highly respected astrologer, Dane Rudhyar, called the 6th house 'the house of crisis in consciousness' because, lying between the 5th house of 'creative self' and the 7th house of 'the other', an individual is on a see-saw between putting the interests of one's self OR that of another first. This would seem to influence the double edge you mentioned regarding a Libra Sun, finding the balance between different sides..
With your interest in subjects that go beyond the 'mundane' life, looking at the houses from this perspective might provide you with a clearer understanding of the 'why' of your place and physical existence.

Whatever house system used, Pisces remains the Ascending sign, comparative to the physical constitution. Its traditional ruler is Jupiter (that I personally use when relating to influence of Moon feelings ) and modern ruler is Neptune (when relating to Sun inference ). Both planets aspect Jupiter; neither planet aspects Neptune. An active Neptune is within a square aspect to the planet of physical manifestation, Saturn. Physically a conflict between the two energies can weaken (Neptune) the skeletal and outer structure (skin) limits of the body(Saturn). Osteo conditions, immune system issues are often apparent. Mutable sign influence can refer to issues in agility and mobility.

Another house system would place Jupiter in the previous house. Yet Equal house's 6th house position would see its square to natal Mars as relevant in physical complaints and the effect upon one's 1st house constitution and 10th house career. Mars has rulership in the blood, muscles, inflammations of all kinds, and rules one general active energy. Jupiter also has rulership in the blood, body tissue, fat, and gives a general 'increase' upon everything with which it comes into contact. Positively speaking Jupiter is the planet of 'good health'. Its positive aspect to natal Sun, offering self confidence and optimism, would appear to rule out heart complaints.

Should your interest in astrology be further influenced by the Uranus opposition to undergo a change of direction, you might find the positions of the nodal axis worth while reading. The SN in Pisces in the 1st house has been observed to be relevant in those cases where physical disorders (NN Virgo) play an important role in life's progress.

Wow. Thank you for so generously sharing your perspective. Very informative and thoughtful.

Frisiangal

Wow. Thank you for so generously sharing your perspective. Very informative and thoughtful.

:smile: Kind of you to say so, but they were only a few examples where (modern) medical astrology can be applied. Signs also have their rulerships over specific areas of the body. The harsh aspects from trad./modern chart rulers and Leo on 6th house cusp to planets in their signs could also relate to health concerns of a specific sign. Best not to go too deeply or far at first in that respect. The mind can begin working upon both poster and astrologer :wink:.

Blou

Frisiangal, so sorry for such a delayed reply. I'm very appreciative of your insights and the time you took to give such a response. Thank you for helping out a newbie.

Those ideas about the 6th house resonate with me.
On the one hand, a couple of volunteering roles I have had in the past were around welcoming/reception tasks. And there's certainly been and still is a lot of 'working on myself'. My other stuff, with mental health issues. There's been a lot of therapy, and it's only been in the last couple of years that I've found a therapy and therapist where it's actually been making some genuine changes. (Yay for that!)

You mention Neptune square to Saturn - Indeed, I have (joint) hypermobility syndrome and it caused early onset osteoarthritis in both knees by the time I was in my 20's. So that is really on point!
Also had a fractured skull a few months before my 2nd birthday (car vs pedestrian - and have some cognitive impairments from the TBI.)

There have been a lot of fairly big events in my life. 'Unusual' is pretty much my 'normal'. Chaotic really, from birth until the last couple of years. It makes me wonder if that 8th House stellium (Death and Rebirth) and with Pluto in that house and stellium might partially explain some of all that.
"Life changing events" seem to have come every few years. I had to giggle when I read one of the descriptions for 8th house stellium... "Presented with plenty of opportunities for self-reinvention and spiritual growth throughout your life."
True, but I would really like some stability, security and recovery time at some point ;)

I find the nodes confusing. I've tried looking up meanings/descriptions on various website and books and have come across conflicting interpretations.

I do struggle with knowing what my path in life is, what I should be doing, what I am good at. Finding my niche.
Well, fitting in in general.

I'm quite enjoying this journey into astrology, fascinating stuff. My skeptical side still pulls a face sometimes and at others I'm a bit stunned by the repeated themes and some of the specifics.

dr. farr

I think the “unusual being normal “ can be accounted for by the highly elevated Neptune in your chart, essentially conjunct your mid-heaven; also the continuing draw of metaphysics in spite of your skeptical tendency points strongly to Neptune (I know about Neptune, having it in my 2nd house-the direction I thought my life would take when I was a youth turned out dramatically different and strongly along Neptunian lines-I am now 72)

Frisiangal

Blou,
Thank you for your feedback. It's always good to see when astrological symbolism 'clicks' with reality in a chart, although I would wish it otherwise where physical complaints are concerned.
I find the nodes confusing. I've tried looking up meanings/descriptions on various website and books and have come across conflicting interpretations. conflicting interpretations.
You will find that in every branch of astrology :smile: . I think of it as there being more than one road leading to Rome.

A book that has become my well-worn bible is Martin Schulman's 'The Nodes', one of a number in his karmic series of astro. interpretation.
It has been spot on in so many client cases and changed their outlooks upon their lives.
I can truly reccommend it.