Stationary Jupiter

MSO

I just found out Jupiter is stationary in my natal chart. What effects does this have? Does it make it stronger? Weaker? Is it just retrograde? :unsure:

[deleted off-topic comment - Moderator]

astro_2gw_02_john_hw7876921620.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

JUPITERASC

I just found out Jupiter is stationary in my natal chart. What effects does this have? Does it make it stronger? Weaker? Is it just retrograde? :unsure:
A retrograde period is a cycle,beginning when the planet slows to a halt before travelling backwards through the zodiac, ending when the planet returns to the point where it first paused. During the cycle, the planet's energy is most powerful (and more likely to generate critical events of universal importance) when the planet makes a station, appearing motionless in the sky. These stationary periods occur at the beginning of the cycle (when the planet first halts as it prepares to move backwards) and midway through the cycle when the retrograde planet slows to a stop before moving forward again.
http://www.astrologycom.com/retro.html :smile:

MSO

I'm not finding the answer that I'm looking for in that paragraph or that site.

Is there anything special about it at all? Should I consider the planet retrograde?

dr. farr

No: it is (apparently) motionless from the geocentric perspective and Traditionalists consider it very special as a powerful influence (same in Vedic astrology)

beginner

Stationary planets have stronger affects.
see ur progression chart to know whether jupiter is Rx or not.

[deleted off-topic comment - Moderator]

Last edited by a moderator: