SR Ascendant conjunct Natal Midheaven. Significant?

ardentika

astro_31gw_monika_garvalova_202216.49385.278028.png

I know when angles align it's a somewhat significant year, but I wonder in what aspect? My main focus for the past months has been getting a job in the area I work in, which has been extremely difficult. You know, the old story of wanting people with experience but lacking any entry level jobs. Can I be looking forward to a career success? Or perhaps something else? Apart from that I'm sort of looking to settle down with someone if it's in the cards. But that's it so far lol, my main focus.
How can I use the SR as guidance to better my chances for getting a job in my desired field? Also I'd love to hear your experiences of years you've had the same angles aligning!

Thank you <3

Harmelia

View attachment 98208

I know when angles align it's a somewhat significant year, but I wonder in what aspect? My main focus for the past months has been getting a job in the area I work in, which has been extremely difficult. You know, the old story of wanting people with experience but lacking any entry level jobs. Can I be looking forward to a career success? Or perhaps something else? Apart from that I'm sort of looking to settle down with someone if it's in the cards. But that's it so far lol, my main focus.
How can I use the SR as guidance to better my chances for getting a job in my desired field? Also I'd love to hear your experiences of years you've had the same angles aligning!

Thank you <3
What is your line of work, and what type of job are you hoping to get? It helps to know for interpretation.

Osamenor

Staff member
Where your SR AC is indicates where your focus is, at least right around your solar return. You're focused on your career: getting a job. Naturally, your solar return chart reflects that.

The placement of your SR Moon indicates where your emotional focus is. Again, it's at your natal MC, and your SR AC too. You're not just putting a lot of effort into getting a job, you're very invested in it emotionally.

That in and of itself doesn't tell us what results the job search will bring, but as a rule, if you put much of your focus on something you bring that something into your life.

Moon gets extra emphasis because it's your time lord. Fifth house (ruled by your Moon) and sixth (Moon's natal placement) are activated by profection. With the sixth house, I would expect to see lots of just plain work, but since yours is in Leo, not just any plain old work will do, it has to be worthy of you. The takeaway I'm getting from that is that you need to, and probably want to, hold out for a job that deserves you. It needs to be something that you feel is a good use of your time, and of course that pays you fairly. Leo is all about respecting self to gain respect from others.

I'd say your best chance of success comes if you expect the best. It may take a little longer to find a job that way, but when you do it's apt to be a good one for you.

At your solar return, Saturn was just separating from an opposition to your natal Moon, and SR Moon was in opposition to a retrograde Mars. That might speak to some delay, but not denial.

ardentika

Where your SR AC is indicates where your focus is, at least right around your solar return. You're focused on your career: getting a job. Naturally, your solar return chart reflects that.

The placement of your SR Moon indicates where your emotional focus is. Again, it's at your natal MC, and your SR AC too. You're not just putting a lot of effort into getting a job, you're very invested in it emotionally.

That in and of itself doesn't tell us what results the job search will bring, but as a rule, if you put much of your focus on something you bring that something into your life.

Moon gets extra emphasis because it's your time lord. Fifth house (ruled by your Moon) and sixth (Moon's natal placement) are activated by profection. With the sixth house, I would expect to see lots of just plain work, but since yours is in Leo, not just any plain old work will do, it has to be worthy of you. The takeaway I'm getting from that is that you need to, and probably want to, hold out for a job that deserves you. It needs to be something that you feel is a good use of your time, and of course that pays you fairly. Leo is all about respecting self to gain respect from others.

I'd say your best chance of success comes if you expect the best. It may take a little longer to find a job that way, but when you do it's apt to be a good one for you.

At your solar return, Saturn was just separating from an opposition to your natal Moon, and SR Moon was in opposition to a retrograde Mars. That might speak to some delay, but not denial.
That is very accurate. I've denied a lot of jobs that look like exploitation. I almost feel like I'm protected from them haha. And I have actually been focusing HEAVILY on my career for the past 4 years, in a way I'm seeing this SR as a culmination point. I pretty much started from 0 and taught myself , build up a portfolio, until I was good enough to even apply for jobs . Now I have some experience and a portfolio build, but finding a junior position seems a nightmare, so I'm hoping Jupiter blesses me with luck. Again, very accurate interpretation.

Harmelia

I am a 2D artist, basically digital art. Working with games, card games, etc .
Okay. Interesting. With this solar return, I think this year is more about expanding what you do, and perhaps also expanding the avenues or marketing. You could be quite inspired to learn some new techniques - or the areas you do art in. I do think that you will find new avenues in which to express your art. I see ART. But I see you expanding into new arenas. I think you need to be true to yourself - I mean - you need not think so much about what others might like or want - but what really wants to come out of you. You want to let loose a bit. You might find yourself enjoying analyzing other styles than you are used to, and, having a new take on how to express what wants to come out. Maybe a new technique will inspire what wants to come out. The year is definitely focused on further education and self-development - but with a focus on HOW YOU FEEL - the inner YOU. Something within you needs to feel and express, to have variety, to loosen up on the routines, to do something new.

Osamenor

Staff member
Now I have some experience and a portfolio build, but finding a junior position seems a nightmare, so I'm hoping Jupiter blesses me with luck.

Jupiter has great potential to help you out this year, because both your SR Jupiter and your natal Jupiter are seen by your SR time lord: SR Moon is in the same sign as your natal Jupiter and trine by sign to your solar return Jupiter. SR Jupiter also squares your sun. Any Jupiter/Sun contact, even a hard aspect, is auspicious.

In the real world, that translates to Jupiterian people and Jupiterian things being the most helpful to you. Surely you know what kinds of people and things Jupiter indicates? Do you see any of those in your life, or do you have the option of reaching out to them?

ardentika

Okay. Interesting. With this solar return, I think this year is more about expanding what you do, and perhaps also expanding the avenues or marketing. You could be quite inspired to learn some new techniques - or the areas you do art in. I do think that you will find new avenues in which to express your art. I see ART. But I see you expanding into new arenas. I think you need to be true to yourself - I mean - you need not think so much about what others might like or want - but what really wants to come out of you. You want to let loose a bit. You might find yourself enjoying analyzing other styles than you are used to, and, having a new take on how to express what wants to come out. Maybe a new technique will inspire what wants to come out. The year is definitely focused on further education and self-development - but with a focus on HOW YOU FEEL - the inner YOU. Something within you needs to feel and express, to have variety, to loosen up on the routines, to do something new.
Oh wow! That's actually SO true! I've noticed I've become bolder in expressing myself. I used to be very rigid in my art, always copying the "pros" and their techniques, cos you know, "safe" bet. But I think it was needed, because now I have this knowledge that I can start playing with and expressing myself with. But that's extremely accurate!

Also I know Sag rules teaching, and I will be leading courses for teens in digital art! So there's that. But also I'd really love a stable income hahah.

ardentika

Jupiter has great potential to help you out this year, because both your SR Jupiter and your natal Jupiter are seen by your SR time lord: SR Moon is in the same sign as your natal Jupiter and trine by sign to your solar return Jupiter. SR Jupiter also squares your sun. Any Jupiter/Sun contact, even a hard aspect, is auspicious.

In the real world, that translates to Jupiterian people and Jupiterian things being the most helpful to you. Surely you know what kinds of people and things Jupiter indicates? Do you see any of those in your life, or do you have the option of reaching out to them?
Interesting, what is a time lord? And how is it determined? Or you mean Saturn? I've always had a lot of Jupiterean people in my life. 3 of my closest friends are Sagittarius. I suppose it's my natal MC attracting them. And also maybe because Jupiter is the most elevated planet?

In fact some months before my birthday I reconnected with an old friend, she is a Sag with Sag stellium. She's helped me a great deal to have a more positive mindset and it was through her mother I found this teaching gig! So there's the Jupiterean energy. Amazing! Also, since my birthday is at the end of the year and I welcomed the new year with Mercury retrograde in Capricorn and that eclipse I think in Capricorn, the end was challenging however I had this intense feeling of positivity and that it's gonna be a great year! I've also become very... not my usual careful self with words. I've noticed I'm a lot more out spoken and if someone crosses my boundaries, I snap back immediately. It's not usual for me given I'm so used to the restrictive energy of Saturn sitting on my rising.

Osamenor

Staff member
Your time lord is the ruler of your profected house. That changes every year at your solar return.

For the first year of your life, birth to age 1, your first house is profected and your time lord is your first house ruler. On your first birthday, your second house is profected and its ruler becomes your time lord. On your second birthday, third house, and so on. Profections are always done in whole sign, so always profect the next sign, no matter where the house cusps fall.

On your twelfth birthday, and every multiple of 12 birthday (24, 36, 48, etc.), your first house is profected again, and the cycle starts again.

28 is a fifth house profection year (last first house profection was four years ago, at age 24; 1 + 4 = 5).

Profection makes the profected houses and their topics, and the planets involved with them, especially active. Your profected sign is activated by profection, and so is the sign your time lord is in, if different. So is the other sign ruled by your time lord, but that doesn't apply when the time lord is Moon or Sun, since they only rule one sign each. Profected planets are your time lord, and any planet in the same sign as your time lord, and any planet in the profected sign, and any planet in the other sign ruled by the time lord. Since you have no planets in Cancer and only your Moon in Leo, only Cancer, Leo, and Moon are profected right now.

ardentika

Your time lord is the ruler of your profected house. That changes every year at your solar return.

For the first year of your life, birth to age 1, your first house is profected and your time lord is your first house ruler. On your first birthday, your second house is profected and its ruler becomes your time lord. On your second birthday, third house, and so on. Profections are always done in whole sign, so always profect the next sign, no matter where the house cusps fall.

On your twelfth birthday, and every multiple of 12 birthday (24, 36, 48, etc.), your first house is profected again, and the cycle starts again.

28 is a fifth house profection year (last first house profection was four years ago, at age 24; 1 + 4 = 5).

Profection makes the profected houses and their topics, and the planets involved with them, especially active. Your profected sign is activated by profection, and so is the sign your time lord is in, if different. So is the other sign ruled by your time lord, but that doesn't apply when the time lord is Moon or Sun, since they only rule one sign each. Profected planets are your time lord, and any planet in the same sign as your time lord, and any planet in the profected sign, and any planet in the other sign ruled by the time lord. Since you have no planets in Cancer and only your Moon in Leo, only Cancer, Leo, and Moon are profected right now.
Wow that sounds very complicated, i think I might have to research profections a bit more to fully grasp it. But thank you for the explanation!

Osamenor

Staff member
Wow that sounds very complicated, i think I might have to research profections a bit more to fully grasp it. But thank you for the explanation!

It is complicated, but it boils down to some simple takeaways. The simple takeaway here is that Moon is especially relevant to you right now. Moon's placement in the solar return chart is always an important piece, but Moon being your time lord gives it some extra emphasis. It's rather like Moon is the chart ruler for this year, even if it doesn't rule your natal or solar return ascendant.

IRIS70

I agree with @Osamenor.
I will give you an idea:
Since the Moon is your LoY, we are interested in both the natal condition of your Moon and it's condition in SR. You have no Cancer planets in natal, so our focus in only on the Moon.
In natal, Moon is the out of sect ruler, in Leo, peregrine, that is without any strength, but it is not negative either. It is in house 6th of health and work, not a good house, so it is probable that such issues will be of interest. It gets a Square from Venus in Scorpio, which is positive, but not so great, as Venus in Scorpio is in Detriment.

In SR it is in Saggit., taking a small dignity by face, which is better than nothing, in 1st house-whole signs-Saggit. which is about higher learning, consciousness expansion, traveling, philosophy. It is a night chart, so the Moon gets more power to act and cause events to happen. What I do not like is that it gets an opposition by Mars, which is very exact, so maltreated. The Mars may be associated with conflicts/accidents. So this years' Moon condition is worse than in natal.

What is not a surprise is that in SR your natal Moon is under tough transits too, but you have had other members commenting on that. SRs work together with profections!

What is important to watch this year are:
1. Transits to the lord of the year in the natal chart, in Leo.
2. Transits by the lord of the year to natal planets-take notice of NMs/FMs/eclipses on natal planets along the year.
3. Transits through the profected sign that year, Sagittarius.
During those times, you may expect events to be triggered. Give it a few days, up to a week, of course.

leomoon

Iris70: Since you are speaking of Profections? I wonder if you work with Firdaria too or consider it just as worthwhile as the Profection LoY?
I haven't figured out my Profection yr yet, but I did use this little calculator and see that the Moon is my Firdaria - or time ruler.
And thus far it's been on target with lots of health issues in the forefront.

https://firdaria.com/index.php
Be sure to click Day or Night Birth for Correct data on calculator
Similar to Vedic's Dasha periods and Sub periods with sub lords

IRIS70

Iris70: Since you are speaking of Profections? I wonder if you work with Firdaria too or consider it just as worthwhile as the Profection LoY?
I haven't figured out my Profection yr yet, but I did use this little calculator and see that the Moon is my Firdaria - or time ruler.
And thus far it's been on target with lots of health issues in the forefront.

https://firdaria.com/index.php
Be sure to click Day or Night Birth for Correct data on calculator
Similar to Vedic's Dasha periods and Sub periods with sub lords
Υes, I do! In fact I hosted a thread about them in Astrodienst some years ago to familiarize people with the use of them. Unfortunately, that theard has been deleted, as I was silly to have started it in the IN-DEPTH chart section, in which moderators frequently delete threads to create space. They are nice, but Profections are a much more in-depth predicting tool, if you know how to use it, which requires some level of knowledge of Hellinistic astrology. There are different levels, I only scratched the surface here, as this is not the part of the forum on Hellinistic astrology and I have no idea how the moderators would react.-I am pretty new here-
I know that Firdaria is similar to Dasha, but that is all I know, I know 0 Vedic Astrology-not interested-I use the chart calculator in Astroseek, it has an excellent collection of charts, I am an active member of that forum too.
It is not easy to describe profections, it takes lots of time. It's a different technique, but is used along with Solar Returns and transits. It is spectacular how these methods, although so different, work together! Astrology is amazing!

https://forum.astro.com/cgi/forum.cgi?num=1338990298/0
The link above is an introduction to Profections. I hope it works, but I do not know for how long, as Astrodienst is closing today! o:

I would be happy to help you with your current profections, but I cannot do it in this thread, I guess and I need to see your chart in WS-preferably-

:)

IRIS70

Thanks Iris, but what Is WS? Or where can I find it to put my chart? :unsure:
Whole Signs, not placidus. Astrodienst, Horoscopes, Extended chart collection, chart drawing style, Whole signs, alternatively, Extended chart selection, chart drawing style, Hellinistic.
Another way: Astroseek, Free Horoscopes, Traditional Astrology calculations, Annual Profections. If you have questions, ask me in pm, because we hijack the thread, I feel.
:)

ardentika

I agree with @Osamenor.
I will give you an idea:
Since the Moon is your LoY, we are interested in both the natal condition of your Moon and it's condition in SR. You have no Cancer planets in natal, so our focus in only on the Moon.
In natal, Moon is the out of sect ruler, in Leo, peregrine, that is without any strength, but it is not negative either. It is in house 6th of health and work, not a good house, so it is probable that such issues will be of interest. It gets a Square from Venus in Scorpio, which is positive, but not so great, as Venus in Scorpio is in Detriment.

In SR it is in Saggit., taking a small dignity by face, which is better than nothing, in 1st house-whole signs-Saggit. which is about higher learning, consciousness expansion, traveling, philosophy. It is a night chart, so the Moon gets more power to act and cause events to happen. What I do not like is that it gets an opposition by Mars, which is very exact, so maltreated. The Mars may be associated with conflicts/accidents. So this years' Moon condition is worse than in natal.

What is not a surprise is that in SR your natal Moon is under tough transits too, but you have had other members commenting on that. SRs work together with profections!

What is important to watch this year are:
1. Transits to the lord of the year in the natal chart, in Leo.
2. Transits by the lord of the year to natal planets-take notice of NMs/FMs/eclipses on natal planets along the year.
3. Transits through the profected sign that year, Sagittarius.
During those times, you may expect events to be triggered. Give it a few days, up to a week, of course.
Correct me if I'm wrong but aren't those vedic methods? Using vedic methods would require sidereal, no? This has always confused me to much, cos things change dramatically for me in sidereal. I have cancer moon, Libra Venus there.

And there goes my hope haha. I really thought this year would be my year and I'd have a break after the last years stellium in Capricorn in my 4th. It looked like a good chart at first glance.

Last edited: