Soulmates?

Piixy

1. Does the concept of soulmate exist in astrology?

I've definitely met a twin flame. Anywho, he's not the star sign I'd expected my self to wound up with haha.

I have a few more questions, I will post our chart for a reading if anyone is interested.

2.. How can I tell which is the mars person, and which is the moon? We have a conjunct.
3. Our moon's are opposite signs, and our ascendants are also opposite to one another, what are the effects of this?

jossa

Q:"How can I tell which is the mars person, and which is the moon? We have a conjunct."

A conjunct is just two planets being between 0 and 10 degrees apart.

For example Your Mars could be 21degrees Libra and his Moon could be 19degrees Libra. That would mean they are conjunct within 2 degrees. (this is an "orb") Aspects are always more powerful if they are closer to the exact degree.

Anyway, in this example you would be the Mars person and he would be the Moon person. Sorry I can't help you with more info. I'm just a novice.

This is copied from Wikipedia's page on astrological aspects:

Conjunction

A conjunction (abrv. Con) is an angle of approximately 0-10°. An orb of approximately 10°[3] is usually considered a conjunction, however if neither the Sun or Moon is involved, some consider the conjunction to be a separation (orb) of only about 0±08°. This is said to be the most powerful aspect, intensifying the effects of the involved planets mutually — and being a major point in the chart.

Sextile — intermediate major/minor aspect

A sextile (abrv. SXt or Sex) is an angle of 60° (1/6 of the 360° ecliptic, or 1/2 of a trine [120°]). A separation (orb) of 60±04° is considered a sextile. The sextile has been traditionally said to be similar in influence to the trine, but of less significance. It indicates ease of communication between the two elements involved, with compatibility and harmony between them, but only provides opportunity, requiring effort to gain its benefits. See information on the semisextile below.

Square

A square (abrv. SQr or Squ) is an angle of 90° (1/4 of the 360° ecliptic, or 1/2 of an opposition [180°]). An orb of somewhere between 5° and 10° is usually allowed. As with the trine and the sextile, in the square, it is usually the outer or superior planet that has an effect on the inner or inferior one. See the information on the semisquare and sesquiquadrate below. The square is also sometimes known as the quartile.

Trine

A trine (abrv. Tri) is an angle of 120° (1/3 of the 360° ecliptic). A separation (orb) of 120±04° is considered a trine. The trine indicates harmony, and ease of expression, with the two elements reinforcing each other. The trine is a source of artistic and creative talent, which is innate. The nature of the trine is that of the fire signs (Aries to Leo and or Aries to Sagittarius) and is thus inspirational. The trine has been traditionally assumed to be extremely beneficial, providing ease even if undeserved, but it can be a 'line of least resistance' to a person of weak character. Too many trines are said to make a person weak and unable to cope with adversity.

Opposition

An opposition (abrv. Opp) is an angle of 180° (1/2 of the 360° ecliptic). An orb of somewhere between 5° and 10° is usually allowed. Oppositions are said to be the second most powerful aspect. It resembles the conjunction although the difference between them is that the opposition causes exaggeration as it is not unifying like the conjunction but instead exalted. So the fact that the opposition creates a dynamic and exalted energy between the planets involved is not as clearly negative as for instance the square, but it can be indicative of tension, conflict or confrontation, due to the polarity between the two signs involved if not channeled constructively. If channeled constructively however the individual may use it as a creative and energetic power source. The Sun and Moon are in opposition monthly during the full moon."

Piixy

That's a little confusing.. I got our synastry and it says moon conjunct mars.

His mars is in Libra, my moon is in Saggitarrius. They're not close..
My mars is in Leo, and his moon is in Gemini.. How do I figure out the degrees?

199059_4686275358589_1270588128_n.jpg

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
That's a little confusing.. I got our synastry and it says moon conjunct mars.

His mars is in Libra, my moon is in Saggitarrius. They're not close..
My mars is in Leo, and his moon is in Gemini.. How do I figure out the degrees?

You are correct. Neither are conjunct.

In order to see the actual degrees, you need to get a natal chart for each of you. Each will likely show the degrees of each planet in the chart itself and also will have a table listing the planets and their degrees.

Last edited:

IleneK

Premium Member
1. Does the concept of soulmate exist in astrology?

Being very well-suited for another person is displayed in chart synastry, which shows the compared aspects from one chart to the other, like you submitted in your last post. I do not believe that the actual concept of soulmate exists in astrology, since the language is relatively new, like within the last 30 or 40 years. However, others on the forum may know more about the representation of a soulmate in astrology.

jossa

Hmm...that IS weird. I would do what Ilenek said. Go back to astro.com and do a chart drawing for each of you. It says the exact degrees of each of your planet placements and a bunch of other info.
showgif.cgi

IleneK

Premium Member
oops! I didn't attach the pic correctly... here it goes

It is best to save to your computer both of the charts that you make at astro.com.

Then after you save them to your computer, you can include them as attachments to your post.

Piixy

My Natal, and his seperate.
Also, astro is not the only website that has said we have a mars/moon conjunct.
So I'm really not sure how this is working.

308419_4688610496966_1751717495_n.jpg

603284_4688610776973_1966955272_n.jpg

Piixy

I'd like to add, I really don't understand why we get along SO well.
I have a lack of air sign, I'm fire dominant. He lacks fire sign, he's air dominant.

I also have a bad history with aquarians... LOL.
I'll add in there's quite an age difference, but the mental/emotional/spiritual chemistry and kindredness is OFF THE CHARTS!

Which is odd since.. he has a moon opposite to mine.
Shouldn't that make for emotional conflict?

serafin5

Hi I havent looked at your charts as of yet but I just wanted to reassure you that IMO oppositions are good in synastry Ive seen it over and over again how the best relationships have them. You also need other less stressfull aspects as well; they are good for balancing energies between you two and the chart. Just my observation :)

Good luck!
Serafin5

jossa

Well... I calculated your composite mars (17Vir6'5") and your composite moon (13Vir4'5"). They are 4 degrees apart and they are indeed conjunct.

"When the composite Moon is conjunct composite Mars:

Emotions and passions are aligned with the composite Moon conjunct composite Mars. This aspect generates a lot of emotional energy, which can be expressed creatively as passion or destructively as too much aggression--and often both. You easily arouse one another--sexually and emotionally. While you stimulate one another, you will need to blow off some steam with one another, and this can suggest that you easily irritate, anger, and offend each other. On one hand, all of this directness means you won't easily sweep difficult matters under the carpet. On the other, you might spend too much time arguing over petty matters, and this can grow tiresome! Try to avoid competing with one another, unless it's done in a friendly way that gently challenges each of you." Source - http://www.cafeastrology.com/composite/moon_mars.html

Synastry and Composite charts are 2 diff ways ppl assess compatibility.

Check out this link for more info:
http://www.lunarliving.org/astrology/synastry-composite-relationships.html

It's kind of involved...

This is what I did to find your composite mars and moon:

First I needed to see a chart of where the signs start and end pertaining to degrees on the chart.

Aries 0-30
Taurus 30-60
Gemini 60-90
Cancer 90-120
Leo 120-150
Virgo 150-180
Libra 180-210
Scorpio 210 -240
Sagittarius 240 -270
Capricorn 270-300
Aquarius 300-330
Pisces 330-360

Then I needed to see where each of your moon placements were

you - Moon 7 deg 13 min SAG, which translates to 247 deg 13 min
him - Moon 18 deg 56 min GEM, which translates to 78 deg 56 min

I add those up 247+78 = 325. 56+13 = 1hr 9min
Because the min added up to more than 1hr you include that in the deg total. Instead of 325 you have 326. Divide the deg and min totals by 2 (leaving half). Then you have 163 deg and 4min and I think 5 sec.

That equals 13Vir4'5" (as it would be displayed on the chart. You notice how that is the way they are presented on the ones you posted)

Anyway, I did the same thing for the 2 mars placements. The composite is 17Vir6'5".

jossa

I am not great at interpreting, btw but I thought I should help with what I can help with. Sorry if it isn't what you were looking for. I know your question was a multi-part one.

Piixy

I am not great at interpreting, btw but I thought I should help with what I can help with. Sorry if it isn't what you were looking for. I know your question was a multi-part one.

Something is better than nothing, I appreciate it :)
So, wait.. I'M the mars person??? LOL

jossa

One more thing. The Ascendants are 148 deg apart. That makes a quincunx aspect. It's a minor aspect.

Source: http://astrologyforthesoul.com/vemamereln.html

"The Ascendant shows our view of ourselves and of life, and how we bring ourselves into the world. So being with someone who has some major personal placements in harmony with our Ascendant is also very important. It's fairly important for two people to have their Ascendants of the same gender (fire and air signs are masculine, water and earth signs are feminine), and it's great if they are of the same element or a close sextile, but if not, this can be balanced by having a conjunction or opposition between the Sun, Moon, or Venus of one person and the Ascendant of the other. It's better if each person 'receives' one of these conjunctions or oppositions if the Ascendants are in a more conflictual sign relationship (square, semi-sextile, or quincunx), and especially if the Ascendants are square to one another."

The last part mentions sun/moon/venus contacts (conjunctions or oppositions) with one another's asc. You have that too. His asc and your venus are 0deg apart in 25deg pisces:

"You are very sensitive to one another's feelings, tastes, and needs with this aspect. The Ascendant person embodies or personifies what the Venus person finds attractive. Romantic attraction can be strong, but this also works well in platonic relationships. There is a strong desire to please one another. If taken too far, there can be long-term challenges - spoiling and appeasing can lead to resentment and regret." Source - http://www.cafeastrology.com/synastry/venus_ascendant_aspects.html

yay I think that all your questions were answered now! But you might have many more :andy:

jossa

Something is better than nothing, I appreciate it :)
So, wait.. I'M the mars person??? LOL

If you are using the composites then the planets are not assigned to one person. I was using composite planetary positions when I was talking about your moon/mars connection so there is no assignment as to which one is your and his.

If you are using synastry then you would say the "moon person" the "mars person" or whatever. In the last thing I wrote You are the Venus person and He is the Ascendant person.

Piixy

Interesting read..

KARMIC relationship clues:

One of the classic marks of a strong relationship is a close conjunction between one person's Sun and the other person's Moon. Squares and oppositions are also strong, but the soft angles of trines and sextiles are not strong indicators in and of themselves. However, if there are other indicators, then the trines and sextiles certainly add to the strength of the relationship.
Close contacts between one person's Sun and another person's Ascendant are also strong indicators of Soulmate possibilities. Conjunctions are strongest with squares and oppositions also strong.
Contacts between one person's Mars and another person's Venus are also very important in romantic and/or sexual relationships. (These would not be as significant in non-romantic or non-sexual soulmates, often called soul brothers or soul sisters.)
Sun/Mars and Sun/Venus contacts, and Venus/Venus contacts and Moon/Moon contacts and Sun/Sun contacts can also be important, although possibly not as strong as the previously mentioned contacts. Again, the hard aspects of conjunction, square, and opposition seem to carry more weight than trines and sextiles.
Sometimes Sun/Neptune contacts are indicators of soulmate relationships although many astrologers don't seem to say much about this one when discussing soulmates. At the very least, Sun/Neptune contacts indicate a feeling of merging into each other, which can be quite exhilarating. Often it is hard to tell where one person ends and the other person begins. The two people frequently have a strong psychic connection as well as a other types of connections.
Moving beyond planets and the Ascendant, there are some additional astrological clues for possible soulmate relationships. First, if one person's nodes are prominent in another person's chart, this is significant. Examples would be if the nodes of one person were square the nodes of the other person, if the nodes of one person were along the other person's Ascendant/Descendant, if the nodes of one person were conjunct/opposite/square the Sun or Moon of the other person.
Secondly, the Vertex is often used with synastry (chart comparison). If one person's Vertex makes a hard aspect to a planet or angle of the other person, this is a strong indicator of a karmic relationship, although not necessarily a soulmate one.
Thirdly, if the two persons have their angles square one another, this is a strong point of synastry. For instance, if one person's Ascendant/Descant is square the other person's Ascendant/Descendant, or if one person's Ascendant/Descendant is conjunct the other person's Midheaven/IC, then this is a strong karmic indicator, usually a Soulmate one of some kind.
Another indicator, one not commonly discussed, would be a similarity of pattern. In astrology, we talk about patterns that the planets make in a chart. Such patterns are called bowls, buckets, kites, yods, and so forth. If two persons have similar patterns and if those patterns have similar distinguishing marks, that could be a good indication of soulmate probability. For instance, for one soulmate couple that I know, both persons had a kite in their charts. Kites consist of a Grand Trine (three trines), and then an opposition to one corner of the trine which sextiles to the other two corners. The end result is a pattern that looks like a kite. Kites are not very common, and for two people to both have kites in a relationship made me sit up a bit straighter. Then I kept looking. Both of the Grand Trines were in Air signs, although the planets were not the same nor were the houses. Finally, both Kites had the same planet as the opposing planet. Thus, not only did the two people have the same pattern, but both patterns shared two strong distinguishing features.
Yet one more indicator might be that the Part of Marriage for one person falls upon a significant placement of another person's chart. The Part of Marriage is calculated by adding the Ascendant to the Descendant and then subtracting Venus. Some astrologers also use the Parts of Fascination and Karma when looking for Soulmate connections. The Part of Fascination is calculated by adding the Ascendant and Venus and then subtracting Uranus. The Part of Karma is calculated by Adding the Ascendant to Saturn and subtracting the Sun. (It helps to convert the signs to 360 degree equivalents when doing this sort of work or having your computer program calculate these parts for you.) I'm writing all of this off the top of my head, not from prepared notes or a text, so I'm sure that I'm leaving out some significant soulmate indicators. However, this is enough for even an astrological novice to see that there is no one definitive marker of soulmates in astrological charts. If you and another person share several of these features between your charts, chances are that you are soulmates. However, remember that not even soulmate relationships exist happily ever after without a great deal of work and effort. Good luck, best wishes, and happy hunting.

http://www.linda-goodman.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/000404.html

That last one is interesting, the "shape" of our charts.