Someone who has hidden depth

wan

Hello. This is just a theory of mine, I have been thinking about it for a little while. I will now share it and see what people think.

So basically, if there are planets that aspect the ascendant, people will notice it. For example, if venus conjuncts or closely trine/sextile the ascendant, the native will tend to be beautiful, charming, graceful, diplomatic..etc and people who interact with her will notice it. This extends to all major aspects such as the opposites or squares as well. People will detect something, be it positive or negative. And if the native doesn't have anything aspecting their ascendant, then people won't notice anything upon first meeting them. It is only after interacting with them for longer, after getting to know them after a while, that their planets will show through. I call this hidden depths. Qualities that don't show immediately. Qualities that are only apparent after a while.

Anyway would love your thoughts.

Ukpoohbear

Just been thinking about minor aspects today. Quincunxes would be a very subtle character trait, that you would only notice maybe even in retrospect, when assessing a character from the outside.

IleneK

Premium Member
Hello. This is just a theory of mine, I have been thinking about it for a little while. I will now share it and see what people think.

So basically, if there are planets that aspect the ascendant, people will notice it. For example, if venus conjuncts or closely trine/sextile the ascendant, the native will tend to be beautiful, charming, graceful, diplomatic..etc and people who interact with her will notice it. This extends to all major aspects such as the opposites or squares as well. People will detect something, be it positive or negative. And if the native doesn't have anything aspecting their ascendant, then people won't notice anything upon first meeting them. It is only after interacting with them for longer, after getting to know them after a while, that their planets will show through. I call this hidden depths. Qualities that don't show immediately. Qualities that are only apparent after a while.

Anyway would love your thoughts.
I think there is truth in what you say here about planets aspecting the ascendant. And I would suggest that, depending upon the setting, planets aspecting the MC can also offer a more readily accessible portrait of the native.