Solar Eclipse Late July 2009

fernby

I am not totally new to astrology and I have really tried to interpret some things here but there is no way I can be objective enough to see what is happening here (and more importantly what I should do!) I can see all the influences fit the situation but unsure what next!

I have some careful decisions to make (conclusions , terminating contracts, = recent Jul7 eclipse in 2ndvery firm legal action, groups friendship, my money, others money, and to top it off new spiritual projects to improve education = eclipse leaving 8th house in to 9th, it all fits the picture in my chart) But I don't want the "brave new beginning" eclipse in 8th to result in terrible loss as I have already lost money! It links to aggressive action (square natal Mars)Incidentally this action closes one source of income (not surprisingly July 7 eclipse in 2nd) but if works out well could open another better one. These activities have been secret so far (contained in a group) but the action will happen within the next week. The group is GOOD, very strongly for the moral GOOD and fighting terrible unethical behaviour.

Help please - I have to fight this but not stupidly - we are getting good legal advice.

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_02_fernby_hp.45938.28651.gif
    astro_w2gw_02_fernby_hp.45938.28651.gif
    27.1 KB · Views: 37

starlink

Hi Fernby, the Eclipse you are talking about in Capricorn was a penumbral Lunar Eclipse, meaning that the Moon only entered the penumbra of the Earth. It is called an Appulse eclipse. It was not a total Eclipse and I therefore think that it wont be noticed by you, also because it does not conjunct a natal planet.
I also dont think the opposition to Mercury will do anything very disturbing.

What does influence your career could be transiting Saturn sextile your Mercury and the trine from Jupiter in your 2nd house to the MC and Uranus as well as the opposition from Neptune to your MC, Uranus and Pluto! This Neptune transit indeed could be troubling you.

On July 22 we get a Total Solar Eclipse which will fall in your 8th house, but also here I dont think this will have any effect as it does not at all conjunct a planet nor opposes any planet. Apparently other aspects dont seem to matter from what I have read. Besides, Mars rules your 5th house and your 12th, nothing to do with money.

However, according to Martin Freeman, any new or full Moon, Eclipse or not, will activate that part of the chart where it falls, creating a flurry of activity.
The conjunction is the most important aspect to consider when evaluating ful and new Moons, followed by the opposition. Orbs should also be very small, within 2°. Other aspects are very much subsidiary. House position is important, but if the Eclipse or lunation falls on a planet, the house that planet rules should be taken into consideration. A lunation or Eclipse falling in a house without aspecting a planet by conjunction may highlight that house issue a bit but the effect is not strong.

When Eclipses and lunations, especiall the full Moon, fall on angles, than the effect could also be felt in the opposite house, otherwise a bit less.

fernby

Oh that is interesting, Neptune opposition - I got majorly ripped off by very deceptive people in business and trying to get out of it now..hmm I think Neptune represent hidden enemies? deception in a bad aspect?

starlink

I think Neptune represent hidden enemies?
You could look at this as Neptune being traditional ruler of the 12th house of hidden enemies and deception, yes. In your chart Mars rules your 12th and is in your 11th house (large organizations a.o.) and squares Mercury in your 8th (ruler of your career) so probably this aspect points to that possibility in your life.
Neptune not only opposes your MC, it also inconjuncts right now, your Mars.
Yes, Neptune definitively has had you tricked! Even with a good aspect you should be careful with Neptune as it always puts a veil over reality.

vanila

Hi,
this Solar Eclipse will :conjunct: my natal :mercury: in the seventh house....I hope it will be for good...so I`m wondering when will I feel the effect ...the same day or may be it will be long lasting effect?...:smile:

fernby

WOW it had me tricked twice recently - once by a large organisation (I kind f won out in the end there though) and now this time I am still trying to get out of.....very good interpretation thanks :)

starlink

...the same day or may be it will be long lasting effect?...:smile:
progress.gif

It could have an effect up to 6 month I believe. Not the same day I dont think but who knows!
When we have to believe mr. Martin Freeman again, the effects will occur usually in the two weeks up to the next Sun-Moon conjunction or opposition and sometimes later, during the complete lunar month itself. Often the activity will appear to extend over a period of several month, due to the fact that if a full or New Moon conjuncts a certain planet, then a bit later it will square that same Mars, then sextile it, then trine it etc. So you can get a prolonged influence of that Eclipse or New/Full Moon.

Whatever the case, always look at the progressions and transits which operate at the same time!

Kingsley

Hello folks,

The solar eclipse in July is in late degrees of Cancer. The effects of this total eclipse could very well be immediate. However when the South Node transits the eclipse degree in August I think (True Node) there will be something to think about then. Transiting Venus doesnt really have an effect as she passes over the eclipse degree however when Mars hits that 29 degree point in mid october there will be some kind of manifestation.

Its not a good time to organise contracts and such during the eclipse period. Nothing seems to turn out as planned. Nothing seems to eventuate in the way things have indicated in prior months.

If you have planets or angles on the eclipse degree then the eclipse means something to you. Otherwise life just seems to be a bit crazy and inconsisitent.

kingsley

Kerrie

Hello folks,

The solar eclipse in July is in late degrees of Cancer. The effects of this total eclipse could very well be immediate. However when the South Node transits the eclipse degree in August I think (True Node) there will be something to think about then. Transiting Venus doesnt really have an effect as she passes over the eclipse degree however when Mars hits that 29 degree point in mid october there will be some kind of manifestation.

Its not a good time to organise contracts and such during the eclipse period. Nothing seems to turn out as planned. Nothing seems to eventuate in the way things have indicated in prior months.

If you have planets or angles on the eclipse degree then the eclipse means something to you. Otherwise life just seems to be a bit crazy and inconsisitent.

kingsley
Hi Kingsley I havent seen you around here for a while! Welcome...

Im interested in this South Node being in some way tied into the latest eclipse. I have the eclipse conjuncting my natal Jupiter (on the IC), and T Saturn conjuncting my North Node. My NN is in my 5th house cusp Leo, even though the NN is actually in Virgo in the 5th. So how does all that work. How do I work out whats going to happen etc? Well actually I have already had my mother move in with me in the last week, lol. Will anything else be in store for me?

starlink

Kingsley, how nice to see you again after quite a while not having seen you:)!
I was pleasantly surprised when I saw your post.
You said:
The effects of this total eclipse could very well be immediate.

Ah yes,now that I think of it you could be right, because of the Anaretic degree this Eclipse is in, which brings some urgency into the picture.

I am worried about my ex husband which whom I still have a good relationship. He has his Moon at 0°21' Leo and he is a Cancer so that Moon rules him. After a regular health test they found something and he will have to get a biopsy done on the 28th of this month.

I am not into transiting Nodes myself. Do you look at them as a fatalistic influence generally? I mostly look at them in connection with relationships.

Sunny

Kingsley, your "warning" makes me curious, and looking at my chart I see that this eclipse conjuncts my MC by two degrees, so it can be a very important event in my life? For how many time? I have to observe it ...:unsure:

Kingsley

Hello Kerrie, the south and north nodes are always tied to eclipses. The new of full Lunation is an eclipse if its within 19 dedrees of the nodes I think. This particulat eclipse is a Total eclipse and the New Moon happens to be very close to the Moon's south node.

Kingsley

Dont worry Miskitty, many people get the "fear and loathings" with eclipses. It can be an unsettling time without knowing why. Often there is nothing that effects our lives except for what we see on the six oclock news.

kingsley

Kingsley

Hello Starlink good to see you again too. I dont think of the south nodes as fatalistic. There location in the natal chart is completely different to how eclipses can work and in transits the south nodes can dredge up items for processing. That is not a bad thing in my book.

best
Kingsley

Kingsley

Hello Fernby, I didnt think much of planet waves eclipse interpretation. Sorry, I dont usually say things about other astrologers blogs however using the generic descriptions for Sun and Moon or Identity as others have used is off the beaten track here. The Sun and Moon in an eclipse denotes the event - where it happens the degree etc. Its got nothing to do with mother and father or ones identity - thats for natal chart readings. An eclipse is a world event - how could it relate to mum and dad?

best
Kingsley

Kingsley

Did you take my post to be a warning Sunny?

Normally a new moon at the natal mid heaven will relate how new projects are possible for the following month. Things unfold without really knowing what ther are yet. Perhaps one can make a new start - refresh themselves and that might serve the boss better?? The New Moon Eclipse at the mid heaven is the same thing however sometimes people advance at the expense of someone else. The angle is shaken somewhat during the eclipse and stuff falls out of there. Perhaps you will find other ways to express your authority and popularity Sunny? A couple of weeks is a time frame - except when a planet like saturn or mars transits the eclipse point.

In August the South Node crosses the eclipse point and in mid october the eclipse is activated by mars. I hope that gives you some time frames.

best
Kingsley

Last edited:

Kingsley

Hey this is the Greenhorns Lounge! - oh well, there is no time like the present to get ones astrology info correct.

kingsley

Sunny

Kingsley, not really warning but to pay attention!:cool: :) A such world event as you call it comes not every day and therefore (and not only for this reason) the day can be lived with an increased attention. And when it happen nearby to one's angles just as Starlink noticed :
When Eclipses and lunations, especiall the full Moon, fall on angles, than the effect could also be felt in the opposite house, otherwise a bit less.
and yourself :
If you have planets or angles on the eclipse degree then the eclipse means something to you.
then, yes, I worried a little bit about, or in other words I am very curious to see what effects could it have.:surprised: