So...Pluto has been conjunct my Vertex for 3 months now and NOTHING has happened. What gives?

Natal.png

Pluto has been conjunct my 5th house Vertex since the 3rd week of March and has done NOTHING so far. This is a pretty big aspect and Pluto will soon be leaving the 28th degree of Capricorn, then it will be returning next year in early 2023.

Pluto is in retrograde right now and will be exiting the 28th degree in about two and a half weeks.

What gives? I even have Jupiter hovering over my natal sun right now and still...nothing.

Osamenor

Staff member
Ever heard that a watched pot never boils?

Transits work the same way. When you're sitting there expecting them to suddenly blow something into your life, they typically don't.

Sometimes the manifestation of a transit is you paying attention to that transit.

Are you expecting to escape a bad situation? just wondering why you'd want upheaval in your life
Yes. Notice how Saturn is conjunct my ascendant ruler? In the 8th house, at that? That is the theme of my entire life. Sadness, bad luck, restriction.

I would like to hope that Pluto, being the majorly transformative planet that it is, would help bring some change to that. Even if it's just a little change. But the way that my life is, is not something that I can continue handling.

treguard

Yes. Notice how Saturn is conjunct my ascendant ruler? In the 8th house, at that? That is the theme of my entire life. Sadness, bad luck, restriction.

I would like to hope that Pluto, being the majorly transformative planet that it is, would help bring some change to that. Even if it's just a little change. But the way that my life is, is not something that I can continue handling.
I was in a bad situation watching these things once, and thankfully was delivered. It wasn't a vertex thing though. I turned to God and then was able to escape.

Osamenor

Staff member

Pluto transformations are rarely pleasant. Pluto's m.o. is to bomb it all to the ground (usually figuratively, maybe occasionally literally). The transformation happens through picking up the pieces afterward. Imagine a country that's been bombed to bits during a war. That's Pluto. When the war is over, they start rebuilding, but that doesn't mean their situation is good. Has that country been transformed? Yes. Will it ever be the same again? Definitely not. Will it be better than before? Well, they're no longer at war. But are they better off than before the war? Not immediately. Maybe eventually, but the current generation may not live to see it. And that's not even accounting for all the lives lost during the war and the lingering trauma the survivors will endure.

Inviting Pluto into your life is inviting in that kind of energy.

There are cases of people finding empowerment during a major Pluto transit, but those are typically people who were coming from empowerment to begin with. You're expressing serious disempowerment. When you're in that state, Pluto exacerbates the disempowerment.

That said, the vertex is a minor point. Transits to it do not manifest in major, life changing ways. The vertex is associated with people coming into your life, and reconnections. Pluto transiting your vertex may correspond to someone coming into your life who, in some way, shows you the face of Pluto, or to someone from your past coming back into your life, who shows you the face of Pluto.

treguard

Pluto is the slowest moving planet i think. Uranus is on my vertex at the moment. My life hasnt changed. Im just doing the usual.
Saturn is on my sun and uranus is opposite my uranus...and its on my moon.
Im just getting upset about my circumstances but nothing in sight to help.