Sidereal Ages and Royal Fixed Stars

dr. farr

Re: Sidereal Ages and Royal Fixed St

How did Canopus herald a sidereal Age? Did that involve the Vernal Point?

Yes-canopis rose at the vernal point at about 5528 bc, marking a (what I call) sub-cycle of the Gemini age, an important beginning period for ancient Egypt, Sumeria and the Indus Valley civilization.

Canopis is the alpha star of one of the most important ancient constellations,Argo navalis, which constellation is no longer recognized in modern astronomy (it has been divided into 3 modern constellations)

david starling

Re: Sidereal Ages and Royal Fixed St

Yes-canopis rose at the vernal point at about 5528 bc, marking a (what I call) sub-cycle of the Gemini age, an important beginning period for ancient Egypt, Sumeria and the Indus Valley civilization.

Canopis is the alpha star of one of the most important ancient constellations,Argo navalis, which constellation is no longer recognized in modern astronomy (it has been divided into 3 modern constellations)

The websites I looked at are calling it "Canopus". Is that a variable modern spelling?

One site says the Greeks associated it with the Trojan War.

But this link places huge emphasis on the star in a somewhat mysterious way, regarding its importance in the very ancient world--
https://www.eyeofthepsychic.com/canopus_art1/

The author says Canopus has largely been ignored compared to Sirius, because it's Southern Hemispheric.

dr. farr

Yes the most correct spelling is c-a-n-o-p-u-s; I usually use an i instead of the more correct u; the Canopus Revelation is a very interesting book, but like most such books often gets too speculative-still it has a lot of interesting info and is thought-provoking for the open-minded, informed student.

Canopus has long been called “Sahu” in the star lore of the Arabic world.