Sidereal Ages and Royal Fixed Stars

david starling

https://horoscopes.astro-seek.com/astrology-fixed-star-algol

I use a 1 degree orb generally for all, but consider up to three, if it seems appropriate.

I do consider all aspects.

I looked up the declination of Algol, which is +40 degrees. Doesn't that make it always out of bounds? And, does that matter in regards to Algol's influence?

paul1

I like the way you see the skies.

That's a balanced view taking into account calculation versus intuition. The idea that astrology is purely calculation stems from an overreaction to religion and an attempt to make everything strictly rational. But getting rid of god necessitates replacement with another spirituality, and acceptance that some can have insights through contemplation, the ability to see mythology in everyday events. I can see that the water-bearer is pouring the water of humanity into the mouth of the salt-dwelling fish as a form of evolution from the Pisces to Aquarian ages. This shows the reverse movement of the zodiac as in the Ages, is indicated in the sky. This evolution is being played out right now in Putin's war on Ukraine, in fact put-in refers to the water entering the mouth of the fish.

If there was a star preceding the Age of Pisces, there should be another star in recent decades heralding the Age of Aquarius.

Last edited:

Opal

Premium Member
I looked up the declination of Algol, which is +40 degrees. Doesn't that make it always out of bounds? And, does that matter in regards to Algol's influence?

Hahaha!

I guess, I will simply use sidereal or tropical, depending on which I am looking at.

But I don’t think Algol is considered to be an entity of precession.

Opal

Premium Member
That's a balanced view taking into account calculation versus intuition. The idea that astrology is purely calculation stems from an overreaction to religion and an attempt to make everything strictly rational. But getting rid of god necessitates replacement with another spirituality, and acceptance that some can have insights through contemplation, the ability to see mythology in everyday events. I can see that the water-bearer is pouring the water of humanity into the mouth of the salt-dwelling fish as a form of evolution from the Pisces to Aquarian ages. This shows the reverse movement of the zodiac as in the Ages, is indicated in the sky. This evolution is being played out right now in Putin's war on Ukraine, in fact put-in refers to the water entering the mouth of the fish.

If there was a star preceding the Age of Pisces, there should be another star in recent decades heralding the Age of Aquarius.

Intuition is important for seeing beyond the known. Follow your intuition, and someday, you may see it transform to knowledge or fact.

Chiron is considered to be a precessional entity, as are the Persian Stars. What other entities are said to foretell precession?

david starling

Hahaha!

I guess, I will simply use sidereal or tropical, depending on which I am looking at.

But I don’t think Algol is considered to be an entity of precession.

:

By "Declination", I'm talking about its latitudinal distance above the Celestial Equator. As far as Precession goes, that affects the longitude of all the stars in the tropical zodiac, but they stay put in the sidereal zodiac.

Anything beyond 23 1/2 degrees above (+) or below (-) the Equator is called "out of bounds".

dr. farr

Actually most stars are out of bounds and only a relative few can be parallel by declination; however all stars can be conjunct planets and angles via longitudinal projection.

Opal

Premium Member
:

By "Declination", I'm talking about its latitudinal distance above the Celestial Equator. As far as Precession goes, that affects the longitude of all the stars in the tropical zodiac, but they stay put in the sidereal zodiac.

Anything beyond 23 1/2 degrees above (+) or below (-) the Equator is called "out of bounds".

Yes, do you consider Algol important to precession?

Opal

Premium Member
Actually most stars are out of bounds and only a relative few can be parallel by declination; however all stars can be conjunct planets and angles via longitudinal projection.

To David as well….
But only the stars that are within bounds, are considered precessional?

dr. farr

No, I do not consider Algol a precessional-ages marker star; certainly it and the constellation Perseus were important factors during the Age of Taurus, but not so important in subsequent precessional ages.

However I do not mean to say that Algol is not a star of major influence in any given chart where it is conjunct a planet, Arabic part or angle.

dr. farr

paul1;116468 If there was a star preceding the Age of Pisces said:
Any heralding of an oncoming Age should be by a star in the constellation of that oncoming Age, or by a star of a nearby constellation to it.

Opal

Premium Member
No, I do not consider Algol a precessional-ages marker star; certainly it and the constellation Perseus were important factors during the Age of Taurus, but not so important in subsequent precessional ages.

However I do not mean to say that Algol is not a star of major influence in any given chart where it is conjunct a planet, Arabic part or angle.

I agree. I am finding significance, to the stars in more aspects than the conjunction though.

Chiron, Regulus, Formalhaut, Aldebaran and Antares are said to be precessional.

Are you aware of any other stars that have mythology of precession?

Opal

Premium Member
I am referring to the astrological ages concept as a type of mythology, albeit a myth in which I have a good deal of belief (obviously precession as an astronomic mechanism is not a myth)

Very interesting, reading the link, it and Sirius, are linked, as precessional. The explanations of different cultures and myths of It are intriguing and delightful. And my crow friends have a part. 😁

Thanks Dr Farr, I am off to read more thoroughly, scanning was not sufficient.

Opal

Premium Member
And the article talks of larger cycles. You know 26,000 years harkens further, precession being a great year, then perhaps a grand year, a set of 12 great years, then perhaps a spectacular year for a further set of 12, blurring our histories with the unfathomable forever of the time, that The southern stars shall be visible in the Northern hemisphere once again. Time. Timing. By the stars.