Should I buy or not?

eternal wanderer

This might be a silly question, but anyhow....

...after a few years of disinterest in astrology I've become drawn back to her again, and I amozoned a few books. Now, when I saw two more books which i want to read a dilemma aroused in me. Since i live on savings and am not planning to get a job for the next 2 or 3 years, every penny counts, otherwise my plan will not work and i'll have to get a job earlier. So, should I buy them or not? was the question.

I casted a horoscope having in mind two particular books, although i want to buy more now. What this chart tells you?

And also, do you know of good books for beginners learning of horary? lol!

thanks

Attachments

• Horary.jpg
    Horary.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 40

Anachiel

Moving forward on the matter, the Moon conjoins a very debilitated Mercury, who is also ruler of the 12th. You may regret your decision if you go forward with the purchase at this time.

Saturn is also near the Ascendant. This is another indication that the outcome will not be positive.

It is also possible that the price of the books is somewhat inflated at this time as the Moon, ruler of the 10th, is in MR with Jupiter.

Your own ruler, Venus, squares Fortuna which, interestingly, is in your 2nd house of money. This does not bode well for this as a good spending decision.

I would give it some time before making the purchase of these books. The price may come down later, and you may be in a better position later to purchase them.

Blessings,

Anachiel

eternal wanderer

Thanks Anachiel!

You spoke from a financial point of view. But what would you say how would these books be helpful to me? Would i get a new insight, a better understanding and expansion of my knowledge? Or would they be yet another unnecessary bulk of info which i already know?

Mercury ruler of the 9th in Sag conjunjct Moon - i would say new vistas integrated into the unconscious. Or i could say enlightening of a part of the unconscious by broadening my horizons?

Their ruler Jupiter trine Sun (3rd house) in earth - expanding my knowledge and make it more practical?

The Sun in 3rd square Uranus - flashes of insight

The Sun sextile Chiron and Neptune - good astrological and spiritual insight? Grounded and given structure by trining Saturn? This will also last (Saturn). (Saturn sextile Sun also)

The prominent Venus will help harmonising a synthesis of the above and help to structure it into a whole (Saturn-Venus-Jupiter T square , Venus ruler of both). Venus (co-)ruled by Uranus, which ruled by Mars in Virgo in 11th, which ruled ba Mercury, and back to Jupiter. - i guess all this will be done very quickly.

This was my first horary ever. Would you agree with the above?

please comment

Anachiel

Thanks Anachiel!

You spoke from a financial point of view. But what would you say how would these books be helpful to me? Would i get a new insight, a better understanding and expansion of my knowledge? Or would they be yet another unnecessary bulk of info which i already know?

Mercury ruler of the 9th in Sag conjunjct Moon - i would say new vistas integrated into the unconscious. Or i could say enlightening of a part of the unconscious by broadening my horizons?

Their ruler Jupiter trine Sun (3rd house) in earth - expanding my knowledge and make it more practical?

The Sun in 3rd square Uranus - flashes of insight

The Sun sextile Chiron and Neptune - good astrological and spiritual insight? Grounded and given structure by trining Saturn? This will also last (Saturn). (Saturn sextile Sun also)

The prominent Venus will help harmonising a synthesis of the above and help to structure it into a whole (Saturn-Venus-Jupiter T square , Venus ruler of both). Venus (co-)ruled by Uranus, which ruled by Mars in Virgo in 11th, which ruled ba Mercury, and back to Jupiter. - i guess all this will be done very quickly.

This was my first horary ever. Would you agree with the above?

please comment

The chart shows a financial take on the matter.

Also, Mercury, ruler of the 9th is detrimented, not an indication to me of valuable knowledge.

I don't use outer or extra planets as I follow a more traditional school of horary. Also, one has to follow a certain proceedure for reading a horary. You can't just pull any aspect out and make it work. You are looking for the signifcators of the matter to come together as easily as possible. The chart doesn't show these coming together without some other issues or impact as explained.

eternal wanderer

The chart shows a financial take on the matter.

What tells you this? The question for which the chart was cast?

Also, Mercury, ruler of the 9th is detrimented, not an indication to me of valuable knowledge.

I don't use outer or extra planets as I follow a more traditional school of horary. Also, one has to follow a certain proceedure for reading a horary. You can't just pull any aspect out and make it work. You are looking for the signifcators of the matter to come together as easily as possible. The chart doesn't show these coming together without some other issues or impact as explained.

Was my approach to a horary chart inadequate?

Should I look only for a yes or no? If this is the case how can I verify and test my question if i don't buy?

What is the procedure you are talking about?

Thanks!

eternal wanderer

I just cast another horary with the question: are these books worth buying?

what this chart tells?

Attachments

• Are these books worth buying.jpg
    Are these books worth buying.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Anachiel

This might be a silly question, but anyhow....

...after a few years of disinterest in astrology I've become drawn back to her again, and I amozoned a few books. Now, when I saw two more books which i want to read a dilemma aroused in me. Since i live on savings and am not planning to get a job for the next 2 or 3 years, every penny counts, otherwise my plan will not work and i'll have to get a job earlier. So, should I buy them or not? was the question.

I casted a horoscope having in mind two particular books, although i want to buy more now. What this chart tells you?

And also, do you know of good books for beginners learning of horary? lol!

thanks

Your original post shows a concern for money. The chart shows this, as explained in the delineation of the chart.

In horary, we generally don't ask the same question twice about the same matter when it has already been addressed. As explained in the original answer to your first chart; the Moon to a detrimented Mercury, ruling the 9th, does not show the books have valuable knowledge, for you, at this time.

Perhaps someone else on here would be willing to give you some more insight but, I covered everything I saw in the chart, in my first answer to you.

Again, horary has specific rules. Namely, the main significator much meet harmoniously for the matter to be perfected. They don't in this chart. However, if you feel this is not correct then, by all means, follow you own wisdom and act accordingly.

By the way, what are the books you are thinking of buying, if I may ask?

dr. farr

(Following is not in accordance with standard horary practice and uses whole sign house format)

Relative to the first question (which I believe answers the essential question), I'll use the Lot of Success (ascendant+jupiter-sun), because IF the books are worth the price being asked and WILL BENEFIT YOU, then it would be "successful" for you to purchase them:

-Lot of Success falls @ 18 Scorpio
-your significator Venus (lord of ascending sign) flows away from the Lot = - testimony
-your co-significator Moon flows away from the Lot = - testimony
-the Lot is posited in a succedent house (house of money and personal/moveable items) = + testimony
-significator of the 9th whole sign house (higher studies, deep studies, etc), Mercury, flows away from the Lot = - testimony
-significator of the 2nd house (of money), Mars, flows toward and is in applying sextile to, the Lot = + testimony

Results:
Positive = +2 testimonies
Negative = -3 testimonies
Net = -1 testimony

With a net -1 result, indications are that "most likely" purchase of the books at this time would not be of much benefit (ie would not be furthering of "success")
So, this is a mild "no" answer also to the question of buying these books at this present time.

Note: although my approach to horary is quite different than what is to be found in the following books, in answer to your question about initial horary books I would recommend the Frawley "Horary" book and the Anthony Louis "Horary Astrology" book for those just starting out (which ONE of these? I would have to go with the Louis book)

Last edited:

eternal wanderer

Yeah, I quickly browsed the internet and i realized that horary has her own rules and i can't just apply what i know from natal astrology.

I had in mind Rex Bills The rulership book and Robert Svobodas Light on Life: An Introduction to the Astrology of India

dr. farr - i undersatnd the ''mild no'' as that i will not gain much from those books, but also that it will not make any real difference to my economic situation if i purchase them?

I am not so sure this applies to A. Louis book as well, cause the latter is expensive as hell! :biggrin:

Thank you both!

dr. farr

The "Rulership Book" would be useful in general (for all astrological applications) The "Light on Life" book (an excellent one by the way) would only be of significant use to you IF you are interested in studying the Vedic astrological system. Louis "Horary Astrology" books are available on the US Amazon site for between $3.43 to $7.45 (as used books)

Culpeper

Premium Member
Your planetary significator in this horary chart is Venus. Since all the aspects of Venus are either separating or will not perfect, for what ever reason, the answer is no you should not buy at this time. Looking down the thread now I see that dr. farr has given you good recomendations.

eternal wanderer

Thank you guys,

at this point i am curious to know what the chart tells of the querent.

The reason why the chart shows no at this time, might be that actually i don't have much time to read because i have taken commitments elsewhere (i am under my first Saturn return transit).

About Rex Bills - i thought that one interested in astrology just need to have a book like that (though i never browsed it).

I also want to get acquainted with vedic and, actually all branches of astrology. - but i just don't have time now! **** it! lol!

eternal wanderer

I read a little on horary and got some insight.

The querent is represented by the ruler of the ascendant and the moon. The ruler Venus is in T square with Saturn and Jupiter and I really feel split between expansion (of knowledge) and constriction (economic and little available time).

The Moon in Sagitarius conjunct Mercury (ruler of 9th) also wants to expand knowledge, but is doing this in somewhat superficial way jumping from one thing to another trying to get as much as possible in a short time. (Mercury exiled). This at the expense of depth, cause i feel as someone is breathing down my neck (Saturn).

And concerned with finance, cause in 2nd, the Moon will make a square with Mars ruler of 2nd, so the outcome should not be good.
But her last aspect will be a sixtile to Saturn ruler of the 4th and 5th. Can this aspect benefit me in fields concerning these houses?

dr. farr

dr. farr - I really can't understand how you got 18 scorpio?

ASC(=198) + Jupiter(=30) - Sun (=300) = -72 , thus 22 Capricorn

You are partially correct: however Sun @ 0 Capricorn is at the 270th degree of ecliptic longitude (not the 300th) so the correct calculation of the Lot of Success here would be:
asc (198) + jupiter (30) - Sun (270) = -42, so you would add 360 degrees to the asc+jupiter total (198) before subtracting, which gives 588 minus 270 which = 318 degrees ecliptic longitude which = 18 Aquarius.

So the Lot of Success is actually @ 18 Aquarius, which puts a quite different interpretation to the question! (Apparently in my earlier post I simply added the ascendant + Jupiter and forgot to subtract-Dr. Bonehead strikes again:andy:! Sorry about that!)