sexuality discussion

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Moulin -I have yourchart because last year YOU pm'd it to me!!!! But then I noticed it was at variance with the chart you just posted, so I looked through your threads to see if you had posted it there so I could check...Thats when I noticed how many contradictions there are in what you say you *have in your chart*...I'm glad you've rectified it but personally I dont use rectified charts because in my long experience they seldom turn out to be correct.When you sent me your chart you didnt tell me it was *birth time unknown* so I read it as if it was correct...which it wasnt....
Because you have a rectified chart I dont think theres any point in using your own chart to prove points...not when it comes to *houses* anyway.
lillyjgc

Moulin

ok Lilly. I am not going to argue with you as l like you and you have always been very sweet to me. I do not come in combat mode, l come in peace :)

My chart is correct now. It fits experiences and major dates in my life so far. I have spent a lot of time on this. Anyhow, whose chart is correct, unless you are checking the clock as your child comes out! Nurses never look at the clock straight away cos they have a newborn baby to clean up and do important things like clear nasal passages and keep warm.

As far as 8th house goes, l can only speak from my personal perspective so if you are saying l am wrong, so be it - i'll agree with you!

I am not on here to argue, simply to learn but learning means analyzing, questioning and putting forward a point of view to be viewed and walked around, like a sculpture.

Look at my quote - is that not the quote of a Leo rising? :D

Agriias

Moulin,

As usual, I have an unorthodox way of dividing the houses. I do it by sign as opposed to house to house. So, for instance if Leo is on the 8th house cusp, but half is in the traditional space alloted and half in the 7th house, I just call it 8th. This is just the method I use and it has given me good results.

Anyways, using my method I wouldnt directly interpret any planets in your 8th house. In fact, No house is needed specifically to interpret high sexuality and appeal. In my opinion, it comes down to the aspects as always. You have a bunch of super sexual aspects.

1.) Pluto rx quinconx venus 1.12dgr. The rx is important as it makes it a bi-directional quinconx which is a super sex aspect. Your pluto also trines mars at 0.57dgr, and mars ofcourse semi-sextiles venus. So you have a strong configuration there, but its not over.

2.) In your declinations your mars and pluto are conjoined at 0.19dgr. This is a very tight declination and neptune joins them and they are all within 0.57dgr. This is a strong synchronization.

3.) back to the longitudes you have neptune,uranus,jupiter(on ac) and moon all forming a configuration and they are close enough to be considered one whole cumalative configuration with #1.

Thus, there is a good case that it has nothing to do with the 8th house and all to do with such strong aspects.

And if you really want to connect the 8th house to this, one method I've used and that works, but isnt neccesary for predicting sexuality in my opinion since you dont really need the houses, is by looking at the ruler of your personal 8th house if it is empty. In your case it is pisces, who's ruler is neptune, which is part of your enormous sexual configuration.

No, it's not like saying Signs are stronger at all. It's just like saying some houses have more power than others in that planets in those houses have more power to act. Certainly any planet in the Eighth house isn't too happy there.

The whole idea that certain houses are stronger than others is a faulty concept. The houses represent different themes and you cant place values on them like that. Anyway, this will be expanded upon as I continue to rebuff you.

I
just find this idea very strange and it is contradictory. You're telling me a very powerless house's central theme is power itself. Well, wouldn't the First house (the most powerful) or the Twelfth house (the weakest) be a better significator for pure power than one caught in the middle?

First of all I've never agreed with you that the 8th house should be characterized as the powerless house. That is ridiculous. The house is about power. Again, Having or lacking power, are two sides of the same coin. The central theme to them both is power. This is a wholistic concept and you cant look at it in purely black and white terms. Having power and not having power are strongly interrelated. How can one have power if it isnt over something else in comparison. This is basic stuff man.

Second, since I am arguing that the 8th houses central theme is power there is no need to split up a simple concept into other houses that dont have anything directly to do with it. The first house just represents the physical body and personality. There isnt anything intrinsic that deals with power in that house. The 12th house doesnt deal with power either, it deals with themes of spirituality and delusion, subconscious belief, unconscious belief, prison, mental hospitals, churches, and basically our inner workings that are buried deep inside of us and generally very hard to find and understand as it is below the consciousness until it is slowly realized.

No no no. The Eighth house is not about life. That's the First house. The Eighth is about loss and clearing out so that in time new things CAN grow in its place. Certainly these two things are connected, but they are still in different houses. The light of the sun begins to die in the Eighth so it can be reborn on the Ascendant. This is why the concepts of life and death are in two different houses. You can throw whatever clever ideas you have up to connect the two, but that's all they are, clever ideas.

Yes the 8th house is about life. What do you think is happening when a women is inseminated by a man? life starts there for human beings. This is procreation and it deals with sex related to power and related 8th house dealings as oppsoed to 5th house romance and love procreation. The 8th house is both life/death as they are again, different sides of the same coin. Ultimatly, energy can neither be created nor destroyed only exchanged. So when someone dies they personally die but the energy they had is still present in the universe and it goes on to be redistributed and manifest into food which is eaten, and then people have energy and procreate and its a continuing cycle.

Transformation and rebirth(metaphorical sense) are also contained within the 8th house as they deal with the death of the old and the start of something new. life/death.

No one has ever claimed that physical birth is an 8th house function or manifestation. Only you have. The 8th house has to do with the act of pro-creation, the sex that eventually will manifest in the 1st house birth down the road. As you will notice though, the energy exchange, the life, wasnt given in the 1st house, it happened in the 8th house. We all know babies dont start living when they come out of the womb, they become alive when the egg joins the sperm and forms the new being.

Yes, we do gain through the death of others with such things as inheritance, but we can also attempt to gain from the living if we can work this house correctly. However, we often forget that our loss can be other's gains, which again emphasizes the Eighth house and it's signification of loss. You forget that towns beseiged are the Fourth house, making what they have to be seized the Fifth. Also children are born in the Fifth, not the Eighth, that would be very scary.

Gain and loss are like life and death. Exchange of energy on different levels, but instead of life being given or taken, resources are. Another symbolism of the 8th house. I'm glad that you understand that they are different sides of the same coin regarding resources and property. Hopefully, you will be consistent with this statement and apply it to the life/death issue in light of my argument.

Yes, children can be created in the 5th house. There is an argument for some carry over there. More so out of the 5th house representing creatiivity. procreation isnt creative in the artistic or general usage as we use it, but romance and love is, and it leads to the creative process of children being concieved. However, the 5th house rules creativity and not life/death. life/death are intertwined eternally.

The problem is we are confused on just what the houses are, something that has been demonstrated time and time again by astrologers mixing up and assigning houses incorrectly. It's not just the Eighth house that gets this kind of stuff, but all houses. Resources are gained or lost in any house that is connected with resources, so any of the Succeedant houses can be called up in this situation. It is, though, usually the Second/Eighth axis that is called up because it generally is some sort of agreed switch that takes place and not a forced movement such as a raid on Paris.

Your right, there is some confusion on the houses.

No one said the 8th house is the only house that involves resources. And yes, the 5th and 11th also deal with other peoples resources as in the family and then public. What they do not deal in is the aquisition of those given resources which is a function of the 2nd and 8th house.

5th house items, thing belonging to our family, and they are inheritences when we recieve them, thus falling under the 8th house. They remain 5th house for aslong as they are the families and not ours. 11th house isnt really part of the equation since it is public property and not something we aquire personally.

And ofcourse the 2nd house represents small items and things that lose value. This house represents money itself as opposed to assets,property and big investment ownerships that the 8th house does. Thus, the 2nd house is clothes, small items, food, jewelry, and other venusian type things.

And yes, the 8th house would deal with a raid on paris. It deals with power, and it deals with gaining other peoples property. Hence, a raid(forceful entry, by means of power) which ends up in looting and pillaging(paris).

Also, I'm really getting tired of people singling me out with this kind of junk. I don't charactize any house as being weak, that's just what the rules are. So stop treating it like it's something I've decided to come up with on my own for no reason.

OK, you may not be labeling the houses as weak, but you are buying into that method that does and arguing that does and arguing on its behalf. If you dont want to defend your position, then dont state it. Astrology must be discussed, and positions must be supported by strong arguments otherwise it is all just opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moulin

Agrilias, Thanks :)

this explains a lot and l really appreciate you taking the time to explain the energy of it to me.

It also goes some way to explaining why men find it hard to keep up with me and most of the time l am too much for them, on an intensity level.

Thank god i'm a highly moralistic person otherwise l think all these aspects would have gotten me into a lot of trouble in my life!

May l ask one question: If it all comes down to aspects, is the energy of the aspect not manifested somehow through the relevant house(s) please? Just as a soul's energy physically manifests through using the body as a vehicle?

I agree with what you say about the 8th house though and conception etc. I am also highly, and l mean highly fertile. My friends always joke and say to guys "don't even look at her... she's get pregnant" LOL
Where does that show please? Seeing as l have an empty 5th house...

Agriias said:
Moulin,

As usual, I have an unorthodox way of dividing the houses. I do it by sign as opposed to house to house. So, for instance if Leo is on the 8th house cusp, but half is in the traditional space alloted and half in the 7th house, I just call it 8th. This is just the method I use and it has given me good results.

Anyways, using my method I wouldnt directly interpret any planets in your 8th house. In fact, No house is needed specifically to interpret high sexuality and appeal. In my opinion, it comes down to the aspects as always. You have a bunch of super sexual aspects.

1.) Pluto rx quinconx venus 1.12dgr. The rx is important as it makes it a bi-directional quinconx which is a super sex aspect. Your pluto also trines mars at 0.57dgr, and mars ofcourse semi-sextiles venus. So you have a strong configuration there, but its not over.

2.) In your declinations your mars and pluto are conjoined at 0.19dgr. This is a very tight declination and neptune joins them and they are all within 0.57dgr. This is a strong synchronization.

3.) back to the longitudes you have neptune,uranus,jupiter(on ac) and moon all forming a configuration and they are close enough to be considered one whole cumalative configuration with #1.

Thus, there is a good case that it has nothing to do with the 8th house and all to do with such strong aspects.

And if you really want to connect the 8th house to this, one method I've used and that works, but isnt neccesary for predicting sexuality in my opinion since you dont really need the houses, is by looking at the ruler of your personal 8th house if it is empty. In your case it is pisces, who's ruler is neptune, which is part of your enormous sexual configuration.

Agriias

May l ask one question: If it all comes down to aspects, is the energy of the aspect not manifested somehow through the relevant house(s) please? Just as a soul's energy physically manifests through using the body as a vehicle?

I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you restate it more clearly.

I agree with what you say about the 8th house though and conception etc. I am also highly, and l mean highly fertile. My friends always joke and say to guys "don't even look at her... she's get pregnant" LOL
Where does that show please? Seeing as l have an empty 5th house...

It would have to do with moon, venus, ceres aspects to pluto/jup or each other. The strongest would be conjunction, trine, P and CP. The more and tighter the orb the stronger. I didnt mention it, because I wasnt considering fertility, just sexuality, but ceres is tied into your massive longitude configuration

venus- fertility god
ceres=fertility god
moon= female hormones, breasts.

Which is the strongest? probally ceres since as far as I know its main theme is fertility. For you, it doesnt really matter which is because they are all there.

Shadowflash

Wow, lotsa input here on whether sex is 5th or 8th house...! Guess I'm most aligned with VenusinAries above in how I see it. What goes on when people are being sexual with one another? Depends on what level the energy's moving on, eh? Leo/Sun rules the fifth, which carries the core of *generative* (Sun) energy, which I think is why the word "romance" is often used to describe this realm; that phenomenon where a person seems to literally open, unfold and *glow* when basking in the Light of their Loved One's Love shining on them... ;-> ...and vicey versee. Lovely atmosphere for sex, non? Leo-type sex. All fun and shiny and explosively solar. :)

And then there's eighth-house sex. Eighth house being ruled by Pluto/Scorpio, which to my understanding is all about the journey of discovering the experiential differentiation between what we call "control," and what we call "power." Obviously control has all kinds of psychosexual applications here, from that level of fun for some to the more unconscious/subconscious manipulative actings-out within sexual relationships, one trying to "hold on to" or dominate the other in less-than-fun ways. And then there is the true synergistic *re*generative *power* that comes about naturally with more whol-istic *union* between two people; the phenomenon of many levels joining sexually...

Two very different wavelengths or contexts of understanding for sexuality and how we express it, eh? Both are valid, to me...

Moulin

Agriias said:
I'm not sure I understand your question. Could you restate it more clearly.

Sorry Agrilias. I meant, if you are saying it's all about the aspects, does the house play no part at all in sexuality?

Sexuality is a form of self, an expression of one's inner primal energy if you like. Surely the house would have a boding on how this energy is expressed!

Agriias

Yes, houses do matter. They just tell us where its going to happen and not if its going to happen.

Where there isnt a planetary connection to a house it is just less likely that anything will happen in that sector of life. However, you have to also look at the progressed chart as planets move to different houses the longer time goes on and people tend to lose interest in certain areas and gain them in others. We can all relate to this as we age, we love certain things at one point and often are uninterested in them in the future as we are into something else. It doesnt mean that the houses where nothing is going on absolutely nothing will happen there, we may be drawn into it by a transit we just arent likely to spend alot of time there.

The progressions are broad longterm influences. So if a person had no planets in the 7th house natally, they may not be particularly interested in exclusive relationships. However, as their charts progress and planets move into that house they would begin to be if the aspects to that or those planets suggested it.

If you check out your chart and the progressions to it you have planets in the 8th house. And if you go back in time youll find that you have had them there for about over 20years since you were a teenager.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Please explain to me how a house with more power is not therefore stronger in some way. I really find your "Certainly any planet in the 8th is not too happy there" comment quite surprising considering the possibilities for rebirth and transformation associated with the 8th house. Plus, l am a very happy and positive person who has 4 top planets in the 8th lol

Planets in a powerful house have more power to act than planets in a weaker house. We follow this rule everytime we speak of houses being Angular, Succeedant, or Cadent.

Surely life and death are two sides of ONE coin!
Is it not like the fact that we humans are born/die to begin/end our present life but all through life we have mini-births and mini-deaths?

I've already explained how they are different. Psychology does not own astrology, so why you seem to think that psychological ideas and rules should govern astrological intrepretation is beyond me. Astronomy and astrology, however, have always been intimiately connected, that is the basis for most rules in astrology. Astronomical observation. The sun's light begins to die in the Eighth house. The sun's light is reborn on the horizon (the Ascendant). That is why the Eighth house is death and the First house is life. Astronomy. Not psychology.

forgive me but you BLATENTLY said "Technically the Eighth house suffers from a lack of power...it's the third weakest house"

Yes, I said it, but I did not make this rule and everyone seems to believe I'm just making this up...this I don't understand.

rules rules **** rules... do you think any genius or highly imaginative person from the past would adhere to the "rules"? Aren't rules meant to be bent and broken to find truth?

No, astrological rules are never meant to be broken. Listen, if you don't agree with traditional astrology, than I suggest you forget everything you know about astrology and make it up yourself. Everything is connected back to traditional astrology, so to doubt traditional significations of the Eighth house is to doubt the entirety of astrology. Maybe that's a little extreme, but that's about how it is.

Gaer said:
Unless those who have learned ONLY modern viewpoints regarding astrology begin to study the traditional viewpoints, there can be no meeting of the mind, no understanding—only an endless, frustrating circular discussion leading to confusion.

Absolutely brilliant, and it's what we keep running into.

lillyjgc said:
I'm waiting for someone to explain to me just *why* the houses and their significations were changed....On whose say-so? Wheres the validity in that?
And then for people to argue that the changed way is better? Without even saying how when and where and who deviated from the originals?

Yes, this is what I'm waiting for too. So, if anybody out there knows, please clue me in.

Agriias, while I found your post had interesting points, the main thing that comes down to it is you're never going to take my word for it because you have sworn by modern astrology. If I look at your views through the eyes of traditional rules, it's all wrong. Incorrect house assignments, faulty philosophy, the whole nine yards. Apparently you've decided you know better than thousands of years of astrological history, astronomical observation, cultural mythology, and classic philosophy, and that's all that matters.

The whole idea that certain houses are stronger than others is a faulty concept. The houses represent different themes and you cant place values on them like that. Anyway, this will be expanded upon as I continue to rebuff you.

No, it's a central concept. As an electional astrologer I'm put with the challenge of making planets stronger every single day of my life. How do I do this? By putting them in houses that have power. The Eighth house is not one of these houses I look to put planets in to make those planets stronger. That is in the rulebook.

First of all I've never agreed with you that the 8th house should be characterized as the powerless house. That is ridiculous.

It's not ridiculous, it's the truth! You can not agree with me all you want, but I mean...what's the point? The Eighth house is the third weakest house, Lilly, Ptolemy, Houlding have all related this to us from perhaps earlier sources such as Manilius. I see no reason why this concept of houses being weaker and less fortunate should change, just because psychological astrology seeks to sugar coat everything doesn't mean everything should be! If we're going to talk astrology we should stick with astrology and not drag psychology in with it.

Second, since I am arguing that the 8th houses central theme is power there is no need to split up a simple concept into other houses that dont have anything directly to do with it. The first house just represents the physical body and personality. There isnt anything intrinsic that deals with power in that house. The 12th house doesnt deal with power either, it deals with themes of spirituality and delusion, subconscious belief, unconscious belief, prison, mental hospitals, churches, and basically our inner workings that are buried deep inside of us and generally very hard to find and understand as it is below the consciousness until it is slowly realized

Astrologers much more talented than any of us here would disagree with you. The First house (some say the Eleventh) is the most powerful house in heaven. The Twelfth is the weakest house in heaven. That is in the rulebook too.

Yes the 8th house is about life. What do you think is happening when a women is inseminated by a man?

Uh, oh yeah, I know this one. A fetus begins to form. Wait a second! Conception is the Fifth house! Yeah...how is the Eighth about life again?

No one has ever claimed that physical birth is an 8th house function or manifestation. Only you have.

And here you are trying to separate birth from life. Could you explain to me how you can philosophically do that? If the Eighth is about life, then it's about birth, if it's about death, then it must be about birth. That would fit into your wholistic ideas, wouldn't it? So why do we even have a Fifth house if the Eighth seems to cover it all?

Gain and loss are like life and death. Exchange of energy on different levels, but instead of life being given or taken, resources are. Another symbolism of the 8th house.

Yes, but other people's resources aren't something that is special to this house though. That's the point I'm trying to make. Two other houses have hold over things that we do not own, but no other house is related to death. I don't see any need to bring in its signification over other people's money to try and prove its connection with sexuality. Death is and has always been the main focus of the Eighth house because of the astronomical phenomena that occur in it. It just happens to be a Succedant house and is thus related to things that belong to the preceeding angle. That's in the rulebook as well.

Yes, children can be created in the 5th house. There is an argument for some carry over there.

*sigh*

And ofcourse the 2nd house represents small items and things that lose value. This house represents money itself as opposed to assets,property and big investment ownerships that the 8th house does. Thus, the 2nd house is clothes, small items, food, jewelry, and other venusian type things

The Second house can be anything that the First house owns as long as it's not a house or land, it's not kept down to "Venisian" type things especially since Venus has no connection to the Second house anyway.

And yes, the 8th house would deal with a raid on paris. It deals with power, and it deals with gaining other peoples property. Hence, a raid(forceful entry, by means of power) which ends up in looting and pillaging(paris).

No it would not, as the Eighth house has nothing to do with power aside from it's modern associations with Pluto and Scorpio which were assigned after the fact and hold no respect for the simulatenously evolving concepts of Saturn and Scorpio that were assigned to this house some (at least) 450 years ago...

OK, you may not be labeling the houses as weak, but you are buying into that method that does and arguing that does and arguing on its behalf. If you dont want to defend your position, then dont state it. Astrology must be discussed, and positions must be supported by strong arguments otherwise it is all just opinion.

Yes, but apparently everyone seems to think that I just came up with these ideas by myself, I'm not. The ideas of houses being arranged in an heirarchy of power is some 1900 years old. How old is the idea that everything is okay and nothing is bad or negative anymore? The idea that all the houses are an equal playing field? Like 30? This is not a No House Left Behind policy. So, I mean...I don't understand why people want to uproot and redefine astrology because they think they can, or that rules are "ridiculous" when they don't seem to understand the philosophy behind the rules themselves.

Last edited:
S

sitting with saturn

Kai and all the other traditionalists,

Do you all feel like your banging your heads against brick walls? Your ability to remain composed should be commended.

SWS

Moulin

If this was a traditional astrology sexuality discussion thread l would agree but it's not so trad/modern can both live here, surely :)

Plus.. who ever learnt anything by not disagreeing or having differing opinions?

It's all very well 'sitting with saturn' to have an opinion but why not tell us your view on the subject instead of pitching sides, on a personal level lol

sitting with saturn said:

Do you all feel like your banging your heads against brick walls? Your ability to remain composed should be commended.

SWS

Agriias

Well, I've made my case and I've done so very well so I'm not going to repeat myself as that would be redundant.

Your failing to make any strong arguments.

Your main argument in this entire discussion can be boiled down to "This is how its been done for a long time, so it must be right" Thats a weak argument. Your right, your a traditionalist and I'm taking a view influenced by modern and magi astrology which simply makes alot more sense and gets better results. No one said psychology owns astrology, but when we look at a natal chart, we are looking for psychological results of the aspects and also the abilities granted by the aspect. So it isnt just psychology we are looking for but also abilities. I personally, dont know what your looking for but you seem to be doing some sort of horary astrology.

Back to your argument...Doctors cut open their patients and tried to bleed out sickness and disease for thousands of years also. Should modern day doctors continue to do that forever? I personally dont care if people have been doing something a certain way for 100,000 years. If they dont have a strong supporting argument for their conclusions or research to prove it, then there is no reason to believe them. Alot of the time we dont have any indepth studies to go on, thus, we must rely on arguments based on experience.

On that note, I have presented clear and strongly made arguments for my interpretation of the theme of the 8th house and its connection to the things associated to it. I'll let my arguments stand and let the readers and other participants decide what they think.

Again, We know you didnt come up with these rules you are supporting, but if your going to present them, prepare to have an argument for why something makes sense. No one is saying that nothing is negative anymore in astrology. When we look for difficulty in the chart, we look to hard aspects as that is what is causing tension or problems, not the houses. The houses simply represent area of life and are neutral in regards to which is stronger/weaker. They arent in competition as they are seperate sectors. The planets are the actual energy we carry, and it comes to be manifested psychologically and through abilities, these planets then can make a hard aspects to another planet and these differences must be reconciled in some way. That is where the problem lies. Any planetary combination can be difficult, but it depends on the aspect between them and has nothing to do with the house.

Also, it would be helpful to include the name of the people you are quoting for each quote if you are going to address multiple posts in one.

lillyjgc

Senior Member, Educational board Editor
Agriias,

<Well, I've made my case and I've done so very well so I'm not going to repeat myself as that would be redundant.>

You certainly havent convinced me!
Exactly *what case* have you made?
Firstly you claim to *do* astrology a totally different way to anyone else, ignoring co-rulerships of houses, intercepted houses etc....
You link sex to the eighth house because of pluto's (late) assignation to that house, ignoring the previous 3,000 years of astrological practice in doing so.
You equate sex with *power*, disregarding the procreative functions of it almost exclusively in your treatise.
Nowhere do you actually substantiate any of your claims-they are all your subjective opinion....based on...?

<The houses simply represent area of life and are neutral in regards to which is stronger/weaker>
This is just wrong-by any astrology,modern or traditional.Its the type of misinformation that misleads many of the newer students on this site...
The reason the eighth house is linked to resources is because the seventh house represents the marriage house and the derived second from there is the belongings of the partner-ie partners second house.(although I doubt you are aware of *derived houses*-their concepts or application, as these concepts are the basic fundaments of astrology which you seem to have no understanding of.)

<Your main argument in this entire discussion can be boiled down to "This is how its been done for a long time, so it must be right">
No that is not the argument at ALL....You can't summarily dismiss the work of 3,000 years of astrology,on the basis of.....what exactly??....
The method *works*...consistently.Anarchic astrology is certainly your perogative, but as this is a learning site you could easily give others the incorrect information.
Preserving Traditions that serve us well.
Lillyjgc

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Agriias said:
Your failing to make any strong arguments.

And you have failed to answer a grand many of my questions pointing out your contraditory logic.

I guess no one is satisfied, even a third party (Lilly) seems to agree with this.

Moulin said:
It's all very well 'sitting with saturn' to have an opinion but why not tell us your view on the subject instead of pitching sides, on a personal level lol

Leave them alone. I enjoy the support, you don't find public support like that very often on here. Usually people just silently agree, so I'm always plesantly surprised when someone chips in to support one side or the other instead of it coming down to two people bickering differing sides. Kind words make all the tension go away. :) One kind word can warm the three winter months. Isn't that how that saying goes?

Sitting With Saturn said:

Honestly? I enjoy debates, if I didn't I would have stopped a long time ago. I just find them tiring when it's the same points brought up over and over again. Then I start to get annoyed which leads to frustration and then it's just not pretty after awhile.

Last edited:

Agriias

In response to lil

Firstly you claim to *do* astrology a totally different way to anyone else, ignoring co-rulerships of houses, intercepted houses etc....

No where in this discussion have I talked about intercepted signs nor house rulerships. I use magi and modern astrology as my basis.

You link sex to the eighth house because of pluto's (late) assignation to that house, ignoring the previous 3,000 years of astrological practice in doing so.
You equate sex with *power*, disregarding the procreative functions of it almost exclusively in your treatise.

Actually, if you read my post you would see that I talk about pro-creation in the 8th house. life/death, the act of sex and the sperm meeting the egg. Try reading what I've written.

Second, the fact that the ancients didnt know about pluto has nothing to do with its influence not existing. These people were trying to develop a system where they didnt have all the variables, so ofcourse they wrongly placed sex as somewhere else.

Also, I havent equated sex with power, but power can be an aspect that takes place in sexual relations. And ultimately, sex is derived from the evolitionary race to procreate and thus is linked to power as the best specimen, the most powerful breed with the best mates.

Nowhere do you actually substantiate any of your claims-they are all your subjective opinion....based on...?

Yeah, because I never knew there was an actual dispute over sex belonging in the 8th house. lol. You want links? ok

http://www.astrology-numerology.com/housesummary.html

http://www.bobmarksastrologer.com/TheHouses.htm Check what the first word for the 8th house at bob marks is...sex.

http://www.astrology.com/aboutastrology/interpreting/houses/house8.html the house of sex they label it.

http://www.myastrologybook.com/Pluto-in-the-eighth-house-8th-house.htm

http://www.llewellyn.com/bookstore/article.php?id=1152

The reason the eighth house is linked to resources is because the seventh house represents the marriage house and the derived second from there is the belongings of the partner-ie partners second house.(although I doubt you are aware of *derived houses*-their concepts or application, as these concepts are the basic fundaments of astrology which you seem to have no understanding of.)

There you go, thats called an argument. And since marriage is considered acceptable in societies after marriage, then sex, comes after the 7th house in the 8th. Oh, And I guess since your so attached to this its been like this for thousands of years type arguments, well sex has only been proper after marriage for thousands of years. And in the ancient past, women were property and marriage to them was a exchange of property, the husband got the wife and the family recieved a dowry. Thus exchanges of property.

I am aware of derived houses and the whole concept is seperate from this discussion because no one is arguing that the 8th house doesnt involve other peoples possessions. What is being argued is that the act of sex is ruled by the 8th house, and so is pro-creation, and that the central theme relating all the different concepts contained within the 8th house in psychological astrology is power.

<Your main argument in this entire discussion can be boiled down to "This is how its been done for a long time, so it must be right">
No that is not the argument at ALL....You can't summarily dismiss the work of 3,000 years of astrology,on the basis of.....what exactly??....

I'm dismissing much of it based on the fact that there is no strong argument for it. Nice circular argument btw. It's not your argument? and then you go on to say I cant dismiss it BECAUSE it is 3,000 years old? How old it is has absolutely nothing to do with whether it is correct.

Preserving Traditions that serve us well.
Lillyjgc

Yeah, and the traditions and there rules were based on a puzzle missing many if not most of its pieces making it highly inaccurate. They didnt even know about any of the outer planets, and you think we should take their work as infallible? Wow.

I'm personally not concerned with convincing you, and I dont have to. I only have to convince reasonable people. And until you present an actual argument to back your claims besides "they have been doing it like this for 3,000 years" then your contributing nothing to this discussion

Take some courses in logic. You have tried to critique my arguments with none of your own.

Last edited:

Agriias

Kaiousei no Senshi]And you have failed to answer a grand many of my questions pointing out your contraditory logic.

I guess no one is satisfied, even a third party (Lilly) seems to agree with this.

I'm starting to wonder if you actually read the posts. I responded to you in detail.

Your problem is you think only dualistically as you have demonstrated that in being unable to connect life/death in the 8th house. You also havent been able to understand how the central theme to having both power and lacking power is power. I dont know what else I can really say if you dont understand that.

Kaiousei no Senshi

Premium Member
Your problem is you think only dualistically as you have demonstrated that in being unable to connect life/death in the 8th house.

No no no, I can connect it and understand how it's two sides of the same coin. The problem is that astrology does not agree with you. The sun dies in the Eighth and is born in the First. They are separated. I don't care what dualistic or wholistic thinking says, I care about what astrology says.

You also havent been able to understand how the central theme to having both power and lacking power is power.

I understand it, but the idea of the Eighth house as the house of power is incorrect. The Eighth house has little power and the idea is contradictory and - most importantly - unfounded.

Now, I'm wondering if you've read mine, but I don't think you have as you still haven't been able to answer the questions I posed.

1. How can physical birth not be a part of the Eighth house if you claim the Eighth house contains the duality of life and death? If the Eighth house does not govern birth, it does not govern life. End of story.

2. If the Eighth house doesn't govern the conception of children, why should the sexual act be held under the domain of the Eighth?

How old it is has absolutely nothing to do with whether it is correct.

In most fields, yes, but as I said to Moulin, if you do not agree with traditional astrology's scheme of house significations, then forget everything you've ever read about astrology and make your own. If they were wrong about the Eighth house, then they could have been wrong about everything.

Also, I'm not sure who told you astrology and numerology were related, but they are not. Noticed the title of a website in one of your links.

There you go, thats called an argument. And since marriage is considered acceptable in societies after marriage, then sex, comes after the 7th house in the 8th.

Ah yes, but again you fall into a modern invention. The house wheel is not a wheel of psychological milestones, in fact the psychological milestone house scheme goes the wrong way!!! The house's natural order follows the natural motion of heaven, planets rise on the Ascendant, climb through the sky to the MC, fall down and set behind the Descendant, work their way through the underworld of the chart and pop back out again at the Ascendant! The sun rises in the East, after all, doesn't it?

Yeah, and the traditions and there rules were based on a puzzle missing many if not most of its pieces making it highly inaccurate. They didnt even know about any of the outer planets, and you think we should take their work as infallible? Wow.

What pieces are missing? This is what I meant about someone making new rules because they thought the old rules were "ridiculous" simply because they didn't understand the philosophy behind the rules. Yes, we should take their work as infalliable because they knew what they were doing, and it's much easier to assume they were correct than to try and re-invent everything because we don't understand.

Newtonian physics is not wrong because of the breakthroughs of quantum physics. Traditional astrology is not wrong because of the introduction of Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto. Why should we take psychological astrology as being infalliable? This is very strange considering Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are generally impersonal and have very little natural effect on nativities unless through aspect or house placement. There are though, many more branches of astrology besides natal, natal astrology being the relative new kid on the block when compared to electional and event. Again, the old is supposed to bow down for the new, but how about the new give its respect to the old?

Last edited:

Agriias

[Kaiousei no Senshi]No no no, I can connect it and understand how it's two sides of the same coin. The problem is that astrology does not agree with you. The sun dies in the Eighth and is born in the First. They are separated. I don't care what dualistic or wholistic thinking says, I care about what astrology says.

Astrology doesnt say anything. Different astrologer from different backrounds say things. If you dont agree with that then explain what they're argument for that is and present it. And enough with this is what they say for 3,000 years nonsense.

I understand it, but the idea of the Eighth house as the house of power is incorrect. The Eighth house has little power and the idea is contradictory and - most importantly - unfounded.

Now, I'm wondering if you've read mine, but I don't think you have as you still haven't been able to answer the questions I posed.

1. How can physical birth not be a part of the Eighth house if you claim the Eighth house contains the duality of life and death? If the Eighth house does not govern birth, it does not govern life. End of story.

2. If the Eighth house doesn't govern the conception of children, why should the sexual act be held under the domain of the Eighth?

[attacking comments deleted - moderator]

Answer to #1. Life begins at conceptions. That is called pro-creation and it happens when people have sex. The man ejaculate and the sperm meets the egg. END OF STORY.

Answer to #2. I've been arguing that conception is in the 8th house if you re-read my posts. Thanks.

You my friend seem to be confusing conception with BIRTH. Conception is when the sperm meets the egg after sex, and then 9months later we have BIRTH. And birth takes place in the first house. Birth, btw, is when the baby, that has been alive in the mother for the last 9months since the parents had sex and it was created(life) comes out of the mothers womb.

I feel like I'm arguing with a 10year old. I figured I'd better fully explain every detail of that one to save myself from wasting any more time.

In most fields, yes, but as I said to Moulin, if you do not agree with traditional astrology's scheme of house significations, then forget everything you've ever read about astrology and make your own. If they were wrong about the Eighth house, then they could have been wrong about everything.

So what your sayign is, if we dont accept every word of what they are saying we cant accept any of the information?

Also, I'm not sure who told you astrology and numerology were related, but they are not. Noticed the title of a website in one of your links.

Nice try. If you had actually bothered to follow the link you would have seen that the site has two sections that are dedicated to each of the topics. They are not mixed. I placed a number of links to suport my claim, including bob marks who is well respected around these boards. Why dont you try taking a look at the sites.

Yes, we should take their work as infalliable

LOL! You should have just said "Hey, you know what agriias? I'm wrong and I admit defeat." Anyone with half a brain is going to laugh at this one.

because they knew what they were doing, and it's much easier to assume they were correct than to try and re-invent everything because we don't understand.

No one is trying to re-invent the wheel here, we are trying to make a better one. No one is saying that absolutely everything they said is bs. I'm just saying they didnt get everything right, and for astrology to continue to evolve to a more accurate system we must continue to test, discuss and propose arguments for our ideas.

Why should we take psychological astrology as being infalliable? This is very strange considering Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are generally impersonal and have very little natural effect on nativities unless through aspect or house placement.

I'm not saying psychological astro is infalliable. It didnt even exist back then as a category, because they didnt have the kind of knowledge we possess today.

And yeah no one is saying unaspected outer planets affect a persons psychology. But I'd like you to find me even one example of any living human being that does not have neptune, pluto, uranus aspecting atleast one of their personal planets.

There are though, many more branches of astrology besides natal, natal astrology being the relative new kid on the block when compared to electional and event. Again, the old is supposed to bow down for the new, but how about the new give its respect to the old?

Electional astrology has nothing to do with sexuality dude, thats why it doesnt even belong in this discussion. No one is even talking about it. Therefore its not bowing to anything and psychological astro doesnt need to give it respect. They arent in competition. they are used for different things.

Last edited by a moderator:

Moulin

Numerology has nothing to do with astrology?
Really?

I suppose you don't believe that the pyramids exist either lol
I rest my case with you Kaiousei because there is no point
discussing with someone whom is bigoted by their own subject.

May l say that Magi astrology actually makes a lot more sense than traditional astrology ever did. Their research and work into Juno and Chiron in relationship to love and sex is most enlightening.

I am a member and much prefer to use their system for interpretations, not that they put so much emphasis on houses in their CAC's.

I have googled 8th house and every result refers to the 8th being associated with sex.

How can this be, and why do traditionalists not mix with modernists? Surely they can learn from each other? Is not modern astrology born out of traditional astrology and is therefore a better mould?

I look forward to being enlightened.

Last edited:
S

sitting with saturn

The fifth is the house of conception. Asc is birth. Isn’t it strange that 9 derived houses from the 5th is the asc, considering the 9mths of growth in the womb? Caprising mentioned that the fetus changes at the 14 week mark, if testosterone is released if it is to become male. (I cant be sure this is right, but I will take there word for it) If the houses were indeed split into a time frame, that would put the “change of sex” right in the 8th house. Change fits the 8th. The conception fits the 5th.

I seriously think that traditional astrology will be a tale in another 3,000 years if this keeps going on the way its going. A tragedy. Nothing like wiping out the information that got us to where we are.

Just another thing. William Lilly’s 3 books on Christian Astrology (Horary AND Natal), has never, and I repeat NEVER, been out of print since the 1600’s. Doesn’t that say SOMETHING, and deserve SOME credit?
Probably not.