Seven Arguments for why the Sidereal Zodiac is the best form of sign division.

Monk

Premium Member
Paranatellonta means rising alongside (synanatellonta = rising simultaneously is the same thing) and traditionally was used only with risings. Brady's parans include simultaneous risings, culminations, settings and anti-culminations together, which can cause confusion. The example you give would cause less confusion if it was referred to as a setting alongside or simultaneous setting (cf. Almagest 8.5).
All alignments are adjusted from 13th Century BC, at least i give examples rather than everyone procrastinate in heated debate, i am well versed in secret society electional processes!
Let me give an actual time alignment to assassination, which is very difficult, and relates to Good Friday 14 April 1865 at 10:15pm in Washington DC.
https://www.fords.org/lincolns-assassination/
Again Sirius setting in the West at location and time:-
wn5be2f9d9.png

david starling

Why would these two, particular, ex-State senators rate such drastic secret society attention? The coincidence is certainly striking, but doesn't provide the reason.

Monk

Premium Member
Why would these two, particular, ex-State senators rate such drastic secret society attention? The coincidence is certainly striking, but doesn't provide the reason.
Hi David,
One of the deaths may have been suicide, however it wouldn't be the first politician or leader to use Hermetic beliefs even choosing a day for it, Cleopatra aligned Alnilam Belt of Orion to do the same!
Julius Caesar was assassinated by ancient Greek day marker, while Sirius was culminating!

Monk

Premium Member
I certainly would like to see the predictive power of this technique that happens at the same time every year.
Sirius and Alnilam are not only used to mark assassination, but are used to mark calendars, buildings, and events.
So many different hermetic societies use these stars, so i will give the same alignment for Los Angeles for a satanic mass of The Church of Satan, which happened on 06/06/06, the number of the beast.
jb5c34ac12.png

Ancient Greek Day Marker, Sun sets with Sirius!

Monk

Premium Member
I certainly would like to see the predictive power of this technique that happens at the same time every year.
It is the alignment that matters, not the date, for if we move over to the East coast the same alignment was happening on 30th May 1911, which happens to be ancient Greek day marker for 31st May 1911
This was when The House of the Temple had it's Ground Breaking Ceremony, link below:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/House_of_the_Temple
Astronomy graph below:-
wr5bd9f2a3.png

Humanitarian

The idea of signs representing particular weather patterns comes from the zodiacal signs meaning the same thing as months. We even find this in Chaucer's Canterbury Tales, where people think about going on pilgrimages when the blustery portion of March gives way to April's more moderate spring-like weather, and the sun is halfway through its course in "the Ram."

The earth-air-fire-water division is basically the Aristotelian elements. These alternate, along with the so-called male-female signs. (air-fire=male, earth-water=female.) This latter bit is really ancient, going back to a belief in a mother Earth and father Sky. We know them as Gaia and Ouranos (Uranus)

There is a debate as to whether the exaltations were Babylonian or Egyptian in origin. Possibly they diffused from Egypt to Babylon. Are you familiar with the work of Egyptologist and astrologer Joanne Conman?

Also, Ptolemy was a Renaissance Man-- prior to the Renaissance. He wrote extensively about the geography of the known world. He certainly read about places that he didn't personally visit, just as you might today.

Alexandria, Egypt is part of the Mediterranean climate zone, with cool rainy winters and hot rainless summers. It's not far from the true desert, but equally there was snow in the mountains of Greece, Iraq, and Lebanon. Educated Egyptians would have known about them. The onset and cessation of the rainy season would vary somewhat annually and in drought-wet cycles. Don't forget trade: Egypt was part of a Mediterranean network of trade that brought Egyptians into contact with the wider world.

Well, both the myths and the climate are a moving target. Myths vary over time and across nations. The climate varies with location. What holds them together is the concept of diffusion-- star and weather lore moving across places by oral or written transmission.

I'll have to scrounge into my stash of scholarly artices when I have time, but the point being that the tropical zodiac comes into its own when the "scientists" of the day realized that the spring equinox was going to slip back into Pisces. (Try interpreting the New Testament in this light, incidentally-- a new deity who befriends fishermen, multiplies loaves and fishes, walks on water, stills the waves, and so on. Revelation ends with the Triumph of the Lamb-- i. e., the Aries equinox.)

What happens subsequently is that the sidereal equinox did move seriously back into Pisces. Because we don't know exactly what the equinox was back around 0 CE, it is guesstimated that today the two zodiacs are 24 or 27 degrees different.
In app Stellarium, I see that the Sun in 0 CE (it's actually 1 CE) is already the Pisces constellation

Last edited:

david starling

In app Stellarium, I see that the Sun in 0 CE is already the Pisces constellation

Hum, there isn't a year "0" CE. It was originally called A.D., with no B.C.

It starts with the Year 1, known as 1 A.D., Anno Domini (Year of our Lord).
Now, to secularize it, it's been changed to C.E. (Common Era, because countries of religions other than Christians use it as their civil dating system).

Humanitarian

Hum, there isn't a year "0" CE. It was originally called A.D., with no B.C.

It starts with the Year 1, known as 1 A.D., Anno Domini (Year of our Lord).
Now, to secularize it, it's been changed to C.E. (Common Era, because countries of religions other than Christians use it as their civil dating system).
Hmm, maybe because Waybread is wrong at the years. The year 0 CE is actually 1 CE (1 AD). Say this to @waybread too

david starling

Hmm, maybe because Waybread is wrong at the years. The year 0 CE is actually 1 CE (1 AD). Say this to @waybread too

I stand partially corrected. Modern astronomers have changed the historical Year 1 CE with no Year 0, to just, "the Year 0". That way, they can have everything before their Year 0 a (-) year, and everything after, a (+) year. HOWEVER, there is no Year "0 CE", because astronomy drops the letters, including BCE, ACE, BC and AD.

But for historical dates using AD and CE, there is no Year 0.

This article explains it

Last edited:

waybread

Interesting, because in the year 0, 1, or what-have-you, there was no single standardized calendar. Julius Caesar introduced the Julian Calendar in 46 BCE. At that time, the year number would not have been diminishing towards an unforeseen 0. The Egyptians, Babylonians, and others had their own calendars. Over time it was recognized that this calendar was out of synch with the astronomy, so Pope Gregory introduced the Gregorian calendar in 1582. These two are now about 2 weeks apart which is why the eastern Orthodox celebrate their holidays later than the Catholics and Protestants.

However, there is an ongoing debate about the day and year of Jesus' birth, so the year O, 1, or what-have you, may have been wrong altogether.

In consideration of non-Christian religions who nonetheless use the Gregorian calendar, many people prefer BCE (before common era) and CE (common era) instead of BC and AD.

david starling

The Anno Domini A.D. calendar, which eventually became modified as the Gregorgian Calendar, was an invention of a Catholic Abbott named Dionysus Exiguus.

His calendar didn't start to catch on until an 8th Century Catholic historian, the Venerable Bede, began to use it for historical events, and added "B.C". for things that happened before the year 1 A.D.

When the year A.D. 1000 rolled around, it was such an impressive number that the Church finally officially adopted the A.D. calendar. Some even thought it would be the year of the Second Coming.

Last edited: