Saturn returns...do you feel like things got better after yours?

Im going thru mine, saturn aquarius 8th house
Sun aquarius 8th house
Mercury aquarius 8th house stellium...wondering about your experiences? ❤ can i feel safe in knowing things might get better?

Osamenor

Staff member
If you have a stellium and Saturn is transiting it, that can get intense. It's not so much about Saturn return as it is about Saturn hitting so many of your planets so close together.

That doesn't just happen during your Saturn returns. You get a hard angle transit to the stellium (square, opposition, or, like now, conjunction) once about every seven years. Do you go through a very rough time every seven years? If you're Saturn return age, you've lived long enough to know.

If right now is especially rough, it's not just Saturn. Other transits, and progressions, are also playing a part. It would take a look at the big picture to see when the pressure eases, astrologically.

What makes things better overall, though, is how you respond to this astrological pressure. If you're in crisis, what do you do with that? You might not have an immediate solution, but you probably are searching for ways to resolve it. That is what would really resolve things in the long run. If you do a good job of that, the next hard angle Saturn transit you get won't be as difficult.

Harmelia

Yes, I've had two Saturn Returns, and both inspired some pretty big changes, but the changes were for the better, even if it was uncomfortable going through.

Your Saturn Return is interesting, because it's going through your 8th house - a house that deals with emotions - and transforming oneself through processing and freeing oneself of emotions. Yet, Aquarius is a very mentally-oriented sign and often has trouble accessing emotions. Saturn rules your 8th house whether you have Capricorn or Aquarius on the cusp. So,if you have trouble accessing your emotional world, then Saturn coming through might corner you so that you become aware of emotions that have been hard to get it. It may be that Saturn adds resistance to dealing with emotions - but we all have emotions - so could be at some point, you'll become aware of some of them, and you might have some insights into yourself you've not had before. I really can't say more because I don't have your chart - it really depends on the rest of the chart how you might respond. Not posting a chart limits the accuracy of what anyone can say.

FraterAC

I've had two Saturn returns and neither has been particularly traumatic. Actually both were pretty good years.
In my experience the influence of the progressed planets at that time was more significant. In both cases the progressions were generally favorable, although not completely harmonious.

Mad Madam Mimm

Im going thru mine, saturn aquarius 8th house
Sun aquarius 8th house
Mercury aquarius 8th house stellium...wondering about your experiences? ❤ can i feel safe in knowing things might get better?
My stellium went Kaboom.
I don’t know what’s been going on sense.
It’s super super fun.
Hang on and don’t give up. I would imagine being in the 8th, you couldn’t stop if you wanted to lol
Hang on and yes… it gets much better.

Mad Madam Mimm

Yes, I've had two Saturn Returns, and both inspired some pretty big changes, but the changes were for the better, even if it was uncomfortable going through.

Your Saturn Return is interesting, because it's going through your 8th house - a house that deals with emotions - and transforming oneself through processing and freeing oneself of emotions. Yet, Aquarius is a very mentally-oriented sign and often has trouble accessing emotions. Saturn rules your 8th house whether you have Capricorn or Aquarius on the cusp. So,if you have trouble accessing your emotional world, then Saturn coming through might corner you so that you become aware of emotions that have been hard to get it. It may be that Saturn adds resistance to dealing with emotions - but we all have emotions - so could be at some point, you'll become aware of some of them, and you might have some insights into yourself you've not had before. I really can't say more because I don't have your chart - it really depends on the rest of the chart how you might respond. Not posting a chart limits the accuracy of what anyone can say.
I’ve been looking for you all over the place!
I knew my dream job existed. As a Pisces MC, I pretty much work for free…be kinda cool to make a little cash with it. I will be in touch soon!!

sentR89day

Mine was life shaking! Like a once in a lifetime experience! I never had such a sharp life turn.....in a good way before! I don't use the words 'good karma,' but I felt like I had finally gotten what I deserved after decades of a horrific childhood!

IRIS70

Mine was life shaking! Like a once in a lifetime experience! I never had such a sharp life turn.....in a good way before! I don't use the words 'good karma,' but I felt like I had finally gotten what I deserved after decades of a horrific childhood!
Hi Sent,:)
I am wondering about your natal Saturn, it's condition/house. What I have seen is that Saturn returns are particularly hard-I mean some time before exactitude-for those who have n Saturn in harsh aspects to natal placements eg in a harsh aspect to the Moon/Venus/Mars, or part of a stressful pattern, say a T-Square/Grand Square, because the natal stressful pattern is triggered. However, the chart of the Saturn return may be less stressful this time and may be experienced as more comfortable during the time Saturn return lasts-about 29 years-. When tSaturn meets-forms stressful aspects-either to natal placements, or to planets in the Saturn return chart, events may occur, according to the planet configured.

sentR89day

Hi Sent,:)
I am wondering about your natal Saturn, it's condition/house. What I have seen is that Saturn returns are particularly hard-I mean some time before exactitude-for those who have n Saturn in harsh aspects to natal placements eg in a harsh aspect to the Moon/Venus/Mars, or part of a stressful pattern, say a T-Square/Grand Square, because the natal stressful pattern is triggered. However, the chart of the Saturn return may be less stressful this time and may be experienced as more comfortable during the time Saturn return lasts-about 29 years-. When tSaturn meets-forms stressful aspects-either to natal placements, or to planets in the Saturn return chart, events may occur, according to the planet configured.
My Saturn is in Capricorn, in the 10th house, square Mars, among other aspects between Saturn, in my chart.

IRIS70

My Saturn is in Capricorn, in the 10th house, square Mars, among other aspects between Saturn, in my chart.
Thanks! In Traditional Astrology, it is in Domicile, but maltreated by Mars-depending on the sign your Mars it could be Saturn maltreating Mars-I cannot judge it's natal condition, though, as you mentioned other aspects and I wonder what those are.
Saturn square Mars can be difficult, though, as there can be challenges in pursuing what you desire, which may result into inhibition, shyness, and feelings of inadequacy.

sentR89day

Thanks! In Traditional Astrology, it is in Domicile, but maltreated by Mars-depending on the sign your Mars it could be Saturn maltreating Mars-I cannot judge it's natal condition, though, as you mentioned other aspects and I wonder what those are.
Saturn square Mars can be difficult, though, as there can be challenges in pursuing what you desire, which may result into inhibition, shyness, and feelings of inadequacy.
Oh my, it's almost like you read my mind. Yes, I was very shy child. Add in that I have Pisces rising. It is only now, in my 30's, that I am slowly getting out of my shell.

StarchaserNancy

My first one was eventful. Second one not much. First one got married, quit a job/field I was in for something more relaxing. My Saturn/Sag makes easy aspects and not so easy ones. It rules my MC.
The second one I was working in a facility where many of the residents were dying in that frame of time (Saturn opp. my Moon so it was accentuating that, too) so I felt sad, some sense of grief at some of them passing, but they were in their 90s. so expected.

Osamenor

Staff member
In my opinion, the first Saturn Return focuses you on doing your mission in life. If you are on track, then it will only tweak you. If you are not, then it will put pressure to make you do so. Your second Saturn return is your last chance, basically, and if you have not followed the mission in life that you arranged for yourself more than 56 years earlier, it is will be rough as your higher self tries one more time not to lose the effort of this life. Few people make it to a third which would take place around age 90.

The third Saturn return takes place around 84. Same age as Uranus return, within a year.

I knew my mission in life when I was a child and focused it through the later teen years and early adult years and had little issue in the first. I stayed on task in the following 27 years, and had the second 12 years ago, hardly noticing its passing. I look forward to the third. MY mother made it but was experiencing the beginning of dementia and was moved by her daughter(the other daughter, BTW) into a facility, from which she went down hill fast.

Knowing your mission in life is exceptional. For most of us, it's only looking back, after there are enough years to look back on, that we start to see what our mission turned out to be.

I've been through one and a half Saturn cycles, and I'm still not sure exactly what my mission is. It's always evolving. I can study the themes in my birth chart, and I see some patterns in my life, but I can't point to one thing and say, "This is what I'm here to do." I can see new layers showing up all the time.

I'm especially seeing manifestations of my north node placement (Scorpio, eleventh house) in pretty much everything that's been important to me since my mid thirties or thereabouts. Earlier in my life, there were a few hints of it, but it wasn't as strong, and it certainly wasn't where or how I envisioned myself in the long run.

FraterAC

There are other celestial events that approximate the Saturn transit cycle of approximately 28 -- 30 years and the life changes associated with it.
Saturn's return cycle is actually 59 years with a mean advance of 1:53 (ie 113'). Since it orbits the Zodiac twice in that time, in practical terms, we use a revolution of approximately 29.5 years. This is the "dreaded" Saturn return. These transiting Saturn returns take place at approximately 29, 59, and 88 years of age.

The Moon's Secondary/Major progressed Synodic cycle, is the Major progressed phases of the Moon, the relationship between the progressed Sun and progressed Moon. This is the lunar cycle of 29.53 days, which in Major progressions (ie 1 Day = 1 Year), creates a cycle of approximately 29.5 years. This obviously correlates well with the Saturn transit.
This correlation is the basis of the phenomenon known to astrologers as Saturn chasing the Moon, a situation in which transiting Saturn remains in orb of a hard aspect to the native's Major progressed Moon for an extended period, sometimes for years at a time.
Saturn chasing the Moon is also one example of using transits in combination with progressions as a forecasting technique.

The transit of the Moon’s Nodes completes one complete circuit of the Zodiac in 18.61 years. However, if the transit of the Moon’s Nodes is extended to the opposition of their natal positions, ie another half of the circuit is added, a cycle of 27.92 years is created, roughly approximating the period of the Saturn cycle. Three full circuits of the Nodes take 55.8 years, and four and a half take 83.8 years.

There is also the Moon's tropical month of 27.321 days, the period marking the Moon's return to its natal location. This creates a Major progressed lunar return cycle of 27.321 years. In the writer's opinion, this slightly shorter cycle correlates better to the life changes usually ascribed to the Saturn return cycle, at least for some natives.
To calculate this, the first lunar return after birth would represent the completion of the first 27.3 year cycle, the second lunar return after birth the second 27.3 year cycle, the third return the third 27.3 year cycle. Each of these returns would be read as a set of Major progressions for those periods. As with any set of progressions, transits over the Major progressed positions reinforce and time events.

Another similar period is created by the Tertiary Progressed Solar Return. In Tertiary progressions, one day in the ephemeris corresponds to one lunar month, or 1 Day = 27.32 Days. The return of the Tertiary progressed Sun to its natal positions therefore also creates a cycle of 27.32 years, essentially identical to the Major progressed Moon cycle.
The Tertiary cycle charts can be calculated using the first, second, and third solar return charts after birth, correlating to the first, second, and third 27.3 year cycles for the native, ie at 27, 55, and 82 years of age. These Tertiary progressed positions can also be used with the transiting positions of the planets at these times in the native's life.
The writer is very interested in these Tertiary progressed solar returns and is in the process of investigating them.

The transiting Saturn returns have become an astrological shorthand for the native passing through certain life transitions. The writer believes we should all be aware there are other cyclic motions in the celestial sphere that mark those transitions as well, and may provide additional information.

Last edited:

FraterAC

Hopefully, divorcing these life transitions from the much dreaded "Greater Malefic" will also take some undue apprehension out of these experiences. These absolutely do not have to be experiences to be dreaded

-- as the experiences of several of the members given here attest.

Last edited: