Saturn Return

Diana1981

Hello :)

I am new to this site and fairly new to astrology. I have always been interested in it but am not yet able to read a chart and have difficulty with interpretation.

Right now, I am going through my first Saturn Return and so far it has been a nightmare! With Saturn in Libra and Mars ruling my 7th house, I think this means most of the changes are to do with relationships??

I have been with my husband since I was 18. Always had a very passionate yet volatile relationship but the past 2 years have been extremely difficult. It is almost as though a light bulb has switched on in my head. the way I view my husband is so different than in the past. I have blamed it on getting older, having more responsibility etc and tried to convince myself that it is just a phase, but I am getting worried our relationship is doomed. The truth is, if i didn;t have my 2 children, there is no way I would have stayed in this relationship.

Being a Libra, I find it very hard to make decisions. Especially decisions that effect others. My husband and I did split up for 2 months ( Feb - Apr) and it was the lowest point of my life. The anger, the resentment, fear, guilt was overwhelming to say the least. We ended up getting back together more out of convenience than anything else and we have not dealt with our issues. I am terrified of repeating the horrible ordeal so have avoided it. I know if we do split, we will never be able to be friendly and I am afraid he will not continue to be in my children's lives. the thought of this just kills me because they absolutely adore him. They are only 18 months old and 3.
Back to my Saturn Return, which I believe officially began November 2010. A week after my 29th birthday, I was suddenly forced to move from the home I love and had lived for 5 years, back home to my parents house with my 2 kids and husband. I have started a new career which does not seem to be progressing at all. I feel like if this the career doesn't work out, I will have nowhere to go.

I have always been a positive person. I always had the feeling that no matter what, things would turn around and get better. Recently I have not had that feeling. I am afraid this is just the beginning of more bad things to come :(

I hope you have not found this very boring! I would love some feedback on my chart. Any insight or advice would be so very much appreciated! Will things ever get better??

Also, I would like to know when my Saturn Return ends?

Thanks

Diana ( not sure how to attach my chart )

Born : October 21st 1981
Toronto, Canada at 2:25pm
http://www.astro.com/cgi/chart.cgi?...C-u1305996402&nhor=1&btyp=w2gw&stx2=s=outs=24

Attachments

• diana birth chart.gif
    diana birth chart.gif
    50.8 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:

Munch

First, Mars does not rule your 7th house. The moon does. (I use Traditional AND Modern methods of interpretation. This considered, I use the Whole Sign House System).

Saturn Returns are notorious for ending marriages, careers, dreams, goals, etc. I feel ya as I am still in the midst of mine as well! Interesting that you are turning to astrology at this time. :)

Pluto is currently transiting your first house which means BIG changes for you as it comes closer to your asc, you will literally be recreating yourself in your own image. Consider this carefully. Pluto kills whatever it touches in order to clear the way for new growth. Pluto in Capricorn shows us that the usual forms connected with Capricorn are being called into question.

You may be perceived as rock solid, reliable and practicle in your approach to life and others. Pluto in the first shows that you will be looking at why you are this way with other people. It's asking you to assess what part of your approach rings true with who you actually are. There will be a lot of soul searching for quite some time. It's important that you recognize that Pluto is just leaving your 12th house of self undoing and bringing all of the issues that it dug up in the 12th down into the first to be dealt with in a very public manner. There will be very real changes in the way you operate from here out as you begin to deal with your subconscious issues in a very proactive and conscious manner. Lucky for you, your sun is sextile your asc, so this transition will be much 'easier' for you then most. I want to qualify this statement by saying that you have an 'easy' chart anyway. Conflicts are not where you are strongest because you haven't had to deal with too many of them (Internally anyway). You may be throwing people for a loop right now as the walls suddenly seem to be crumbling and the rock solid person that others took you for may not seem so rock solid at the moment. Maybe this is what your Saturn Return is asking you to look at. Things have been moving along quite easily up to now you may not have ever had to consider different approaches or perspectives before, and now you simply MUST. OUCH. This is all assuming that your Mars square Uranus hasn't brought any accidents into your life which can do a great deal to 'reset' a person's outlook, depending on the severity. With this aspect seperating though, it doesn't seem to pack the same punch as it might have had it been more exact.

There is a huge Libra emphasis in your chart, so I sincerely believe that right now everything is being stripped from you so that you can see and get to know your essential self and create a path that is more in line with this. Libra is known for looking to others for the answers, now you must find your own. About the only thing you can do at this point is just let go. I tried desperately to hang on when my return started and was quickly and even more painfully reminded of how not in charge I am, lol.

dhundhun

Back to my Saturn Return, which I believe officially began November 2010. A week after my 29th birthday, I was suddenly forced to move from the home I love and had lived for 5 years, back home to my parents house with my 2 kids and husband. I have started a new career which does not seem to be progressing at all. I feel like if this the career doesn't work out, I will have nowhere to go.

It is very easy to blame Saturn for everything.

But progressed Mars Square progressed MC/IC forced you out of your home.

Parents/Teachers/Mentors/Superiors play role of Saturn. I think, your Saturn came to help, when Mars forced out of home.

Good luck.

Last edited:

dr. farr

Yes, Saturn does get the blame for too much: Mars is potentially as troublesome as Saturn can be, and Mars actually tends to involve more intense, dramatic effects when exhibitng its disruptive side.

Little_God

I have had my first Saturn return and felt very depressed at the time, but it will not last. I'm sorry your marriage is going through a rough patch. The transit will be testing it. If it survives it will be considerably strengthened as a result.

I have read the following quote about Saturn transits in general:

"No matter how unpleasant a Saturn transit seems at the time, it represents what you really want and is helping you get it.......Very few people are so in touch with their inner selves that they can respond to Saturn positively".

I realise I am not an expert but I hope this helps. I believe Saturn is stationary-direct next month. After that the transit will start to end.

Diana1981

First, Mars does not rule your 7th house. The moon does. (I use Traditional AND Modern methods of interpretation. This considered, I use the Whole Sign House System).

Saturn Returns are notorious for ending marriages, careers, dreams, goals, etc. I feel ya as I am still in the midst of mine as well! Interesting that you are turning to astrology at this time. :)

Pluto is currently transiting your first house which means BIG changes for you as it comes closer to your asc, you will literally be recreating yourself in your own image. Consider this carefully. Pluto kills whatever it touches in order to clear the way for new growth. Pluto in Capricorn shows us that the usual forms connected with Capricorn are being called into question.

You may be perceived as rock solid, reliable and practicle in your approach to life and others. Pluto in the first shows that you will be looking at why you are this way with other people. It's asking you to assess what part of your approach rings true with who you actually are. There will be a lot of soul searching for quite some time. It's important that you recognize that Pluto is just leaving your 12th house of self undoing and bringing all of the issues that it dug up in the 12th down into the first to be dealt with in a very public manner. There will be very real changes in the way you operate from here out as you begin to deal with your subconscious issues in a very proactive and conscious manner. Lucky for you, your sun is sextile your asc, so this transition will be much 'easier' for you then most. I want to qualify this statement by saying that you have an 'easy' chart anyway. Conflicts are not where you are strongest because you haven't had to deal with too many of them (Internally anyway). You may be throwing people for a loop right now as the walls suddenly seem to be crumbling and the rock solid person that others took you for may not seem so rock solid at the moment. Maybe this is what your Saturn Return is asking you to look at. Things have been moving along quite easily up to now you may not have ever had to consider different approaches or perspectives before, and now you simply MUST. OUCH. This is all assuming that your Mars square Uranus hasn't brought any accidents into your life which can do a great deal to 'reset' a person's outlook, depending on the severity. With this aspect seperating though, it doesn't seem to pack the same punch as it might have had it been more exact.

There is a huge Libra emphasis in your chart, so I sincerely believe that right now everything is being stripped from you so that you can see and get to know your essential self and create a path that is more in line with this. Libra is known for looking to others for the answers, now you must find your own. About the only thing you can do at this point is just let go. I tried desperately to hang on when my return started and was quickly and even more painfully reminded of how not in charge I am, lol.

Thank you SO MUCH for taking the time to look at my chart! What you have said makes total sense to me and has made me feel much better ( especially you saying I have an "easy chart") lol. You are right about me not having to deal with too much in my life. I am very fortunate. Like I said, as a teenager/young adult, I always felt safe. When I hit around 21, I suddenly realized that bad things DO happen all the time and why shouldn't or wouldn't they happen to me? This shook me up big time and I changed a lot. Had awful anxiety for a good few years and drove all my friends and family crazy. Thinking back, I suppose as a young child, 6/7 years old, I was extremely stressed out. I had nightmares, worried about getting sick etc. Funny the phases people go through.
Anyway, Another thing you said is very true. My parents and brothers have been very reliant on me in many ways over the past 5 years or so and now suddenly, I am looking to them for support and help which doesn't feel good at all! I can see them all look at me sometimes and I can tell they are thinking - what is wrong with her??! They have pretty much watched me breakdown and I am sure it is very upsetting for them as well.
Interesting what you say about Mars square Uranus! :pouty: lol. This will be my new thing to obsess over :)
Thanks again so much and good luck with the rest of your saturn return xx
Diana

Diana1981

I have had my first Saturn return and felt very depressed at the time, but it will not last. I'm sorry your marriage is going through a rough patch. The transit will be testing it. If it survives it will be considerably strengthened as a result.

I have read the following quote about Saturn transits in general:

"No matter how unpleasant a Saturn transit seems at the time, it represents what you really want and is helping you get it.......Very few people are so in touch with their inner selves that they can respond to Saturn positively".

I realise I am not an expert but I hope this helps. I believe Saturn is stationary-direct next month. After that the transit will start to end.

Thank you! It is always nice to hear from someone who has been through it and come out alive and well! I am trying very hard to stay positive and accept things as they happen, but being a Libra, I tend to wonder what the "right thing" to do is. I worry a lot about making the wrong decision. I am happy to know it will be over soon and am looking forward to coming out of it as the new and improved me!

All the best.
Diana

Diana1981

It is very easy to blame Saturn for everything.

But progressed Mars Square progressed MC/IC forced you out of your home.

Parents/Teachers/Mentors/Superiors play role of Saturn. I think, your Saturn came to help, when Mars forced out of home.

Good luck.

Very interesting.....wow there is so much to learn. Glad I found this site!

Diana

student4life

Yes, Saturn does get the blame for too much: Mars is potentially as troublesome as Saturn can be, and Mars actually tends to involve more intense, dramatic effects when exhibitng its disruptive side.

I have Saturn and Mars on either side of my MC, does that mean my Saturn return will be even more dramatic, or will it be the same old stuff that I'm already used to?

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_du_tsa_hp.10508.26252.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_du_tsa_hp.10508.26252.gif
    62 KB · Views: 34

Diana1981

Lucky for you, your sun is sextile your asc, so this transition will be much 'easier' for you then most. I want to qualify this statement by saying that you have an 'easy' chart anyway.

I just found some notes I took a couple of years ago when I had a reading done by an astrologer. I wrote that she said I did NOT have an easy chart. I also jotted down that my sun is square my asc?? Are you sure it is sextile?

Diana1981

Lucky for you, your sun is sextile your asc, so this transition will be much 'easier' for you then most. I want to qualify this statement by saying that you have an 'easy' chart anyway.

I just found some notes I took a couple of years ago when I had a reading done by an astrologer. I wrote that she said I did NOT have an easy chart. I also jotted down that my sun is square my asc?? Are you sure it is sextile?

Munch

For me, they are sextile. It would be a close call depending on which orbs the astrologer is using, and if you lean more towards traditional methods then you would interpret your sun in the next house making the planets sextile by sign....it's kinda murky there. I suppose only you would really know. :)

As far as easy or not easy...notice I use quotes. It's easy in that there is not a lot of internal conflict. The energies are all very harmonious. I have not delineated your chart in full so to say for sure in a global sense that your chart is easy, would not be fair of me. Hope that helps clear things up. :happy:

Kodiaq

Your comments here are very interesting to me as my DoB was only 14 days after Diana's and can truly say that this transit was far from a picnic in the park for me. I'm curious to know what you mean with respect to the Uranus sq Mars 'accidents' you referred to? I have attached my chart for convenience if it helps in any way.

Thanks!

Attachments

• astro_2gw_01_anonymous.6722.55281.gif
    astro_2gw_01_anonymous.6722.55281.gif
    52.5 KB · Views: 18

kimbermoon

Re: Philosophical Marathon

RE: Kodiaq

I can understand the activation of a philosophical marathon for you; likely to remain consistent until after Saturn has finished it's trek through Scorpio. It's recent trek through Libra was about 'the refining of relationships.'
What else does the third represent? Siblings, activities in the neighborhood, [environmental factors], basic education, and your individual 'thinking style'; think of the axis between the 3rd and the 9th as that governing the differentiation between the lower mind [subconscious habits and reactions] and the Higher mind that is associated with the Creative Intellect and Spirituality; we find Chiron in the 9th at the apex of a Yod suggesting a necessary healing through the development of a higher consciousness; this means acquiring greater attentiveness to your surroundings and awareness of that which lies hidden in the psyche, for this is the source from which your actions and reactions spring forth. Perhaps you focus too much on materialism rather than the development of the Soul [signified by Pluto]. Look to the aspects of Pluto...square the Moon shows past tensions or power struggles in the childhood home; potential problems with the mother in particular. Do you control issues? Left over emotional scarring from the past continues to have influence over the later life, and this is something to consider when facing hurdles or roadblocks in life; especially during the transition period of the Saturn Return.
You ask about overcoming your Plutonian tendencies: it is about gaining self mastery and emotional control, rather than trying to control or manipulate others; it is about the right use of power; it is the necessity for metamorphosis and purging the Soul of psychological complexes and internal baggage;
I do think the connection of Pluto and Jupiter relates to judiciousness, integrity and righteousness...again doing the right thing. This also hints at a destiny involving a 'career' of teaching and higher education, further reinforced by the presence of Mercury at hand. Indeed this is a powerful stellium of energy, in search of an appropriate channel of expression. Afflictions to Mercury can suggest that the mind is over-active, leading to confusion, indecision or a worrisome nature; also it relates to your philosophical views, perspectives, perception and attitudes. The afflictions of Pluto, as mentioned, is about power and control; it relates to embedded psychological issues. Jupiter rules the urge to expand one's horizons, often initiated on the mental level. Remember that it is also about justice, education and/or spirituality [religion].