Saturn in 5th house- Please help

ramastro

Hello Astrologers,

Just wanted to update you on my status and at the same time want to check on few things. After several doctor visits and failed treatments, my doctor finally agreed to do IVF this February. As most of you know I have been trying to conceive for close to 5.5 years now and this will be my first IVF . I have mixed feelings about IVF and also fear that what if this treatment fails. Can anyone look at my chart and let me know if this IVF will be successful? is there child birth indicated for me in 2012. Please someone give me answer. I have attached my chart and husbands chart again. Please let me know

Attachments

• ramchart.jpg
    ramchart.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 39
  • husband.jpg
    husband.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 35

Claire19

Quite right about Saturn, it gets a bad rap..

Although they are from the Vedic astrological tradition, nonetheless Planets are Planets: 2 books which are very enligtening about Saturn are:
"Saturn the Kingmaker" and "Saturn as Friend and Guide"; these books are available from astroamerica.com and I do recommend them for learning more about this planet and its meanings and influences...
Liz Greene has a good book on Saturn as well... THe Devil or something......

Claire19

Hello Astrologers,

Just wanted to update you on my status and at the same time want to check on few things. After several doctor visits and failed treatments, my doctor finally agreed to do IVF this February. As most of you know I have been trying to conceive for close to 5.5 years now and this will be my first IVF . I have mixed feelings about IVF and also fear that what if this treatment fails. Can anyone look at my chart and let me know if this IVF will be successful? is there child birth indicated for me in 2012. Please someone give me answer. I have attached my chart and husbands chart again. Please let me know
If you can load the charts as composite then we can see both partner's energies merged. You have a loaded 5th house for sure and of course children are very important to you...

Claire19

I wish you the best of luck *hug* I hope it works out for you. I have Saturn in 5th too and though I am not married or have a family yet. I do worry about this happening to me when the day does come for me to start a family. My 5th is ruled by Leo and I have Sun & Merc in Leo there and I've read all that fire isn't good for fertility either =/

sorry I have nothing to add astrologically.
It depens on what aspects your Saturn makes elsewhere too. Sun Mercury in Leo in the 5th is very strong for children as it is the natural planet in the natural house... I dont go so much with the fire element thing.... I feel you will have male children and possibly two close if not actual twins.... See if I am right and well may they be Leos too. UNless you have had Leo lovers or lovers that were twins????

Claire19

Usually people, who are very childish themselves have difficulties getting children, because also babies choose their parents. Babies what to come to mature people not for children. children cant be parents!!!

Hi Anny, I can not comment on the message that you have in general for the querent here and her husband/partner - the querent will be able to respond to that.

- however this statement above is most definitely incorrect. Unfortunately, many children are born to 'child like parents' many children have to parent their parents in many different ways- I speak from experience (and I have saturn in pisces in the 5th house - Im guessing that pisces would be seen as a irresponsible sign but that is not the case with me) children of alcoholics, people who are generally irresponsible, teenage mothers and fathers - seen many of these who are utterly clueless on what they are about to embark the list is endless. there are of course children who are born to sensible kind parents etc too and some of these are young parents.

I believe as many do here particular issue to resolve when we pick sometimes abusive or child like parents that there is a reason for this a lesson to learn but it is tough.

Interestingly it is these people that often come to astrology asking why?!
My saturn here means I take the whole idea of children very seriously. Saturn here can mean fertility problems I also have that too not that the person is childless. They may have a deep rooted fear of having children. THe querent may wish to seek counselling also to look into this.

For me I can better understand my 5th house placement of saturn through studying some of my past lives where I died young and left young children I still cry now when I read about orphaned children.

Just wanted to add my thoughts here.
Yes children do have children for sure.. Saturn in the 5th can indicate that the child is the responsible one and acts as a parent...or feels the burdens of life and is not allowed to be childlike.... I have a deep rooted fear of having children and I am sure it is from the past....I have a challenged Moon as well which rules my 5th with Saturn in Leo there. I feel I may have caused the death of a child and I have a great fear of childbirth and may have died as a result of that in the past perhaps....whjo knows? But it has been with me since I was very young... Saturn in Pisces makes sense of the alcoholism issues you mention and that you have gone into the past to investigate the influence...

Last edited:

ramastro

Thanks Claire19. But do you see childbirth happening in 2012? I remember you mentioning in one of your post that scorpion child is indicated in my chart. My IvF is being performed in Feb which means if it is successfull will lead to child in November who could be scorpion. Please let me know how favorable is 2012 for me regarding children. Thanks

sgaurav24

Hi, I needed some info on the likelihood of pregnancy for my wife.
Me: DOB-16th December 1980, 12:30a.m Indian Standard Time(GMT +5:30)
Wife: DOB 21st November 1983, 8:41p.m Indian Standard Time(GMT +5:30)
Place of birth:Lucknow. U.P.India for both of us.

Kindly assist us. We would be waiting for a reply.

-Gaurav

Last edited:

ramastro

If you can load the charts as composite then we can see both partner's energies merged. You have a loaded 5th house for sure and of course children are very important to you...

Hi Claire19,

Please find the composite+midpoint chart attached as you have asked for. Fifth house in composite chart is empty. Does that mean no kids? Where as 6th house is loaded. Please let me know what does that mean and what do you see regarding kids and when I will have kids from the chart. thanks for your help Claire19

Attachments

• composite midpoint chart.jpg
    composite midpoint chart.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Natal chart ramastro.jpg
    Natal chart ramastro.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 37
  • Natal Chart husband.jpg
    Natal Chart husband.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 37

Ryan Kurczak

You are aware that you are going through a Sade Sati period, and that you are currently in the time period when that would be most strongly felt?

Have you had anyone advise you on remedial measures for this?

It would be best to wait 3-5 years before going for children, however, remedial measures can help.

Ryan Kurczak

The two main remedial measures I would advise are the following...

at least a 2 ct, natural pearl (not south sea or other man grown) worn on the left middle ring or index finger. ideally set in gold.

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/dispProductlist.php?natural-basra-pearl&subcatId=515

a yellow sapphire, at least 2 ct, worn on right ring or index finger, and also ideally set in gold.

http://www.rudraksha-ratna.com/dispProductlist.php?yellow-sapphire&subcatId=348

Not only are you in Sade Sati, but the indicators for the body being able to handle children and the indicators for children are not well placed or aspected. This is why it takes so much effort to change the karma.

Those stones will alleviate the natal afflictions.

I would then advise a yagya for saturn, to neutralize his current transit.

Other wise 3-5 years will be more likely.

I don't check this board every day, so if you find these of interest, let me know by email, and I can pick the auspicious date to first wear these stones.

Blessings and Good Fortune To You.

Claire19

Hi Claire and Iamnothere,

Thanks for your responses. I see from your answers that predicting the timing is difficult. But I was just wondering by seeing my husband's chart and comparing with mine, Is that possible?

I would be really happy to know what does my husband chart say about children. His chart is the second one attached in this topic's first post. Please let me know what you see about children in his chart. Your response is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Rama
Please post your composite chart and we can have a look....Both of you together as his chart can indicate children and yours not.....for instance.. We need the melded influences....

Ryan Kurczak

(I think I uploaded her charts here.)

Her ascendant is Cancer, the natural mother, the Moon rules Cancer and is placed in Scorpio, where it is debillitated. This is also her 5th house house, which shows her strong attachment to children. The Moon is with Saturn, a malefic and ruler of the 7th and 8th houses, houses noted for their association with death and long term illness. This creates great depression and suffering (Saturn) in her mind (5th house) and emotions (Moon), specifically around children (5th house again).

Venus in the 5th with the other planets, adds no ease to this, as Venus rules the 4th and the 11th houses. A benefit ruling an angle is said to repress it’s comforting factors. The ruler of the 11th house, can give injury from desires and lack of surrender. Also, Venus is very near Pluto, giving strong ego challenges and crisis around love and relationships.

Next we see Mars, the ruler of the 5th house (children and mental peace) is in the 6th, a house of obstacles and accident and extreme effort. The dispositor of the house Mars is in is also debillitated. Being in the same house with Ketu, Neptune and Uranus, do not add any help. The most influential factor, because of tightness of degree comes from Neptune.

Back to Jupiter. Even though Jupiter aspects the ascendant, it cannot provide much support other than giving the person a false sense of hope, without the necessary energy to empower them to take actions to do what they need to do. Jupiter is also the significator for children. Being debillitated further adds confluence to the lack of physical and emotional stamina to successfully bear, or even raise a child.

From the Navamsha (9th divisional chart) we have further confluence. Saturn, Sun and Mars are in the 5th house. Saturn still gives extreme effort and obstacles and danger to one’s health from children, and the Sun though a friend of Mars is still too close to Mars and too separative of an influence ruling the 2nd house. Mars though is in his own sign. Saturn being vargottama (in the same sign in navamsha as rashi) does also show that surrender, and atoning for past “sins” relating to children can give the ability to bear. The healing needs to come from a soul level first, as the navamsha represents our inner soul.

(the above emphasis is added, because based on her state of mind, as read from the chart, and how she will probably get fixated on the negative side of these river of confluence, it needs to be stressed that change can occur through grace, surrender and atonement. even without astrology, there are countless women who wanted to get pregnant and stressed themselves sick about it. once they gave up trying and relaxed, it worked.)

The husband’s chart is a different matter. He has Jupiter exalted (although retrograde) in the 5th, and the ruler of children in the 7th, in a great friend’s sign. So while there is still trouble from his chart, there is better support for children. Also, it is interesting to note, that he goes into a Jupiter dasha on August 2015. This timing coincides with the assessment of the wife’s chart, to wait until then. The Jupiter period for the husband will begin, and the wife will be out of her Sade Sati Period, at least the most difficult part of it, as well as beyond a difficult portion of her current Mahadasha.

Once more, this is difficult, but the proper remedial measures and atonement can go a long way to ameliorate the karma and exhaust it. Then child bearing can be easier.

Attachments

• conceptiondifficultyrashi.jpg
    conceptiondifficultyrashi.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 36
  • conceptionnavamsha.jpg
    conceptionnavamsha.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 40

ramastro

Please post your composite chart and we can have a look....Both of you together as his chart can indicate children and yours not.....for instance.. We need the melded influences....

Hi Claire19,

Thanks for your response. Please find the composite chart attached. Please let me know my chances. I appreciate your help. Thanks

Attachments

• composite chart.jpg
    composite chart.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 39
  • ramchart.jpg
    ramchart.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 35
  • husband.jpg
    husband.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 31

Claire19

I Just wanted to add that saturn does not nessessarily stop you from having children.

My 5th house is ruled by saturn (aqu) and i have saturn placed there, although it is in the sign of pisces... I have 3 children and very easy to concieve, there were all c section births thou.

from what ive seen of this aspect, saturn in the 5th can mean a lot of things,
harder to concieve or give birth to
or saturn being restrictive, meaning having to raise children alone.
Very interesting comment. However your fifth is ruled by Uranus and it may well have positive aspects...Saturn placed there may be well aspected in general. Of course the positive side is that it lends a sense of real responsibility and duty to those children and one may even be rather parental with you. Pisces being a yin sign is more fertile and do you have a Capricorn or Pisces child?? If you find it easy to conceive then your Moon is strong I would say.. We also have to look at our 4th house of general family.... I have Saturn Leo on the 5th cusp and I never wanted the responsibility of children and actually have a fear of childbirth with my challenged Moon. Did I die giving birth in a past life? Maybe. I know my greatgrandmother died having my grandmother.... but that is a whole other topic.....

Last edited:
Can someone please help me.
Im such a nervous reck right now!
The more I read of the the effects of Saturn in the 5th house, the more anxiety I feel when it comes to children. I love children and would love to have them. Is it true with Saturn in the 5th, I can be denied children or have few of them, loose them, or that I wont be able to control them...or something negative on that note?

Assistance and shedding some light on the Saturian influence would be greatly appreciated.

DOB: October 12, 1982
Place: Toronto, Ontario
Time: 9:10pm

I have attached a copy of my natal chart for referencing.
God Bless and great community:smile:

Attachments

• libra natal chart.gif
    libra natal chart.gif
    47.4 KB · Views: 52

Ryan Kurczak

From the Vedic Astrological perspective the way a planet effects you is different based on the moon sign and ascendant. For Gemini rising and Libra Sun, Saturn is a Very good planet. He is exalted in your 5th house of Children, which is probably why you have such a strong focus there. You also have two friends of Saturn, which are Venus and Mercury. Altogether this is supportive of children.

From eyeballing your chart, I'd say, you should be able to physically have children, although based on the position of the outer planets, you might have some psychological issues you need to work out first around children, so that you can be the best mother you can be.

I wouldn't worry about having children, I would focus more on your own self development so you are prepared to be a good role model and guiding force in their life.

Thanks so much Ryan Kurczak!
You are like an angel in disguise!:joyful:
Your reply means more to me than anything,

A few more questions if I may. What sort of psycological hinderances would you be talking about exactly? If me and my husband start trying for a family now, does this mean that Saturn will tell me "NO. Not yet dear, you still have a few kinks to work out!" and I will be denied children?

Me and my husband would like to start having children. We've been married for almost 3 years. Is there a fertile month for me?

Much Love!:love:

Last edited:

ramastro

(I think I uploaded her charts here.)

Her ascendant is Cancer, the natural mother, the Moon rules Cancer and is placed in Scorpio, where it is debillitated. This is also her 5th house house, which shows her strong attachment to children. The Moon is with Saturn, a malefic and ruler of the 7th and 8th houses, houses noted for their association with death and long term illness. This creates great depression and suffering (Saturn) in her mind (5th house) and emotions (Moon), specifically around children (5th house again).

Venus in the 5th with the other planets, adds no ease to this, as Venus rules the 4th and the 11th houses. A benefit ruling an angle is said to repress it’s comforting factors. The ruler of the 11th house, can give injury from desires and lack of surrender. Also, Venus is very near Pluto, giving strong ego challenges and crisis around love and relationships.

Next we see Mars, the ruler of the 5th house (children and mental peace) is in the 6th, a house of obstacles and accident and extreme effort. The dispositor of the house Mars is in is also debillitated. Being in the same house with Ketu, Neptune and Uranus, do not add any help. The most influential factor, because of tightness of degree comes from Neptune.

Back to Jupiter. Even though Jupiter aspects the ascendant, it cannot provide much support other than giving the person a false sense of hope, without the necessary energy to empower them to take actions to do what they need to do. Jupiter is also the significator for children. Being debillitated further adds confluence to the lack of physical and emotional stamina to successfully bear, or even raise a child.

From the Navamsha (9th divisional chart) we have further confluence. Saturn, Sun and Mars are in the 5th house. Saturn still gives extreme effort and obstacles and danger to one’s health from children, and the Sun though a friend of Mars is still too close to Mars and too separative of an influence ruling the 2nd house. Mars though is in his own sign. Saturn being vargottama (in the same sign in navamsha as rashi) does also show that surrender, and atoning for past “sins” relating to children can give the ability to bear. The healing needs to come from a soul level first, as the navamsha represents our inner soul.

(the above emphasis is added, because based on her state of mind, as read from the chart, and how she will probably get fixated on the negative side of these river of confluence, it needs to be stressed that change can occur through grace, surrender and atonement. even without astrology, there are countless women who wanted to get pregnant and stressed themselves sick about it. once they gave up trying and relaxed, it worked.)

The husband’s chart is a different matter. He has Jupiter exalted (although retrograde) in the 5th, and the ruler of children in the 7th, in a great friend’s sign. So while there is still trouble from his chart, there is better support for children. Also, it is interesting to note, that he goes into a Jupiter dasha on August 2015. This timing coincides with the assessment of the wife’s chart, to wait until then. The Jupiter period for the husband will begin, and the wife will be out of her Sade Sati Period, at least the most difficult part of it, as well as beyond a difficult portion of her current Mahadasha.

Once more, this is difficult, but the proper remedial measures and atonement can go a long way to ameliorate the karma and exhaust it. Then child bearing can be easier.

Hi Ryan,

I just want to let you and everyone know that my IVF treatment worked and I am 5 weeks pregnant now. My doctor also mentioned that my hormone numbers also look great. I now it is still long way to go and as much as I am happy I am also bit worried that what if something might happen. Can anyone predict from chart if this going to be a full term pregnancy or something bad might happen. This is my first pregnancy. I also got converted into full time employee at work in the same week that I found I was pregnant. I have little hope that good things finally started for me after lot of struggle. I mean both work related and pregnancy. I just need assurance from any of you if everything related to pregnancy is going to be okay for me. I truly appreciate any of the inputs here. I know I have been away from this thread for 2 months but did that intentionally to come back after I am pregnant. Please need your input here on if I am going to make it to full term with healthy baby. Many Thanks

Ramastro