Saturn in 12th house meaning

Gemini888

I know that Saturn makes the chart holder more responsible for the matter of the house it touches. Like Saturn in 7th house makes the chart holder more responsible for their relationship with others.

So what about Saturn in 12th house? The 12th house is about imagination, otherworldliness, and the end. So when Saturn is in 12th house, what am I supposed to be responsible for? My imagination? My death?

Also on another thread someone replied that Saturn in 12th is responsible for morbid imagination. Why is it that way?

Starsareround

Oy it’s not good. You will never find anything positive about this placement except maybe a traditional nod to Saturn being in its “joy” here, as in, able to wreak havoc and drive the native quite literally crazy or advice about appreciating the little things in life, like the weak sliver of sunlight that finds its way to your jail cell some mornings. This placement amplifies fear. You might suffer from anxiety. You may have lacked a father. The good thing about astrology in this instance is it can point to issues and help you realize it may be beyond you and you need some help to be okay. That said, I know personally a few people (including myself) with this placement and they aren’t any more or less doomed than others. The loneliness is real though and has to be reckoned with.

ElenaJ

Yes, and you also have to see what part of the chart Saturn is coming from. Mine in 12th house is ruler of my 7th, and this happens to me in relationships.

Gemini888

Oy it’s not good. You will never find anything positive about this placement except maybe a traditional nod to Saturn being in its “joy” here, as in, able to wreak havoc and drive the native quite literally crazy or advice about appreciating the little things in life, like the weak sliver of sunlight that finds its way to your jail cell some mornings. This placement amplifies fear. You might suffer from anxiety. You may have lacked a father. The good thing about astrology in this instance is it can point to issues and help you realize it may be beyond you and you need some help to be okay. That said, I know personally a few people (including myself) with this placement and they aren’t any more or less doomed than others. The loneliness is real though and has to be reckoned with.
I don't understand some of what you said. What do you mean by help? Is this a therapist or something?

I can identify with a lot of what you said though. I have fear and anxiety that seems to come from nowhere. I realized that my fear seems to center around two things: my future and loneliness. I have a deep, strong fear that I will die a meaningless life. I work hard to avoid that sad conclusion, but no matter how hard I work, my fear never goes away. I just feel like there's something missing in my life that I can't put my finger on. I have an ok family. They provide me with a lot of things. But I still feel that there's something they haven't given me, something of a deep bonding that I never receive.

Loneliness, I have a strange relationship with it. On one hand, I need some alone time to recharge and focus on work. On the other hand, I can't stand being lonely. There's that empty feeling again. I can be in a crowd of people and I feel like I don't belong and my mood goes down for no reason.

I sometimes feel like no one understands me. I'm self-aware that I'm quite different, and maybe I'm the only mad person in the room. I can get into a dark mood when I think no one cares for me and I'm trapped in an invisible prison, just like you said. I sometimes think of offing myself because I add nothing to this world.

Sorry for the rant. I need to get this off my chest. Please tell me about your experience with 12H Saturn. I just need some guidance.

Starsareround

Yes I meant therapy. Or anxiety meds or both. Personally I have 3 planets in the 12th so it’s hard for me to parcel out which one has what effect. I do think Saturn here is what makes me feel kind of lost in he world and lonely. It’s a lone wolf placement. Like you said, doesn’t even matter how many people love us. It’s just a thing we have to live with. Also, this placement can affect your discipline. For me, I’m really focused and hard working for certain things, but I’m really unorganized and at heart I’m kind of lazy in that I like to just pass time and do not need to be busy always. This is kind of important for 12th house Saturn people. We really need to retreat and recharge batteries. Something else: it may be difficult for anyone to see you as an authority figure. I have accomplished a lot in my life but it’s only now that I get respect at work and for decades I was sure that I’d never be more than an underling. You really have to speak up and prove that you are worthy of authority and respect, otherwise you can just get overlooked.

Last edited:

Gemini888

May I ask if you are under treatment with any therapist or on any med? Just curious.

And yeah, I can relate to the authority part. So that's the reason why no one takes me seriously. I always thought it was Neptune conj MC. But then again Saturn is in mutual reception with Neptune in my chart, and my Neptune is fall in Capricorn. Not sure how they are playing out.

How do you find happiness in life? You seem to think little things in life are just trivial things to keep us away from our unhappiness, but some sites claim that it's the little things that play the part is our overal well-being. What do you think?

Starsareround

I’m not on meds but have considered it in the past (I’m really adverse though to any kind of medication unless it’s absolutely necessary though so I’m not the best person to ask about that), I do have a therapist.

I do find happiness in life. Actually a lot of people comment on my ability to relish life and enjoy it fully with a child like zest. For me though it’s almost like I’m always in awe of this beautiful world but it doesn’t translate to relationships with other people so easily. There is a disconnect. I’m trying to learn how to bring that vibrant self in me more to the surface without fear.

I’m not sure how to respond to how I may seem on here? I do believe we all deserve to pursue happiness in spite of difficulties. It may be imperative for those of us with 12th house placements to be proactive in this because the dark side of those placements can be extreme. I’m sorry if I came off as glib, these are important questions that we all need to examine for ourselves, I can only offer my experience.

The affect on your personal power and authority is very 12th house Saturn. But again, I’m proof that you can, with effort and time, become a powerful person in your field in your own right.

Last edited:

Gemini888

You said that little things in life are like "weak sliver of sunlight that finds its way to your jail cell some mornings". Or did I just misread something? I'm surprised that you are positive despite having 3 planets in 12H, especially after reading what you said earlier.

I think the problem comes from Saturn wanting big things. It constantly looks for big meaning in everything, then gets disappointed when it can find nothing. And while busy searching for big meaning it neglects the little things that actually makes life meaningful. If you look at it this way the advice of finding little joy makes sense.

I know it intellectually, but it's still hard to incorporate the knowledge into my emotion. Maybe Moon semi-sextile Saturn has something to do with this.

Starsareround

No, you read it right. I was kind of spoofing the general advice you’ll find on the internet about 12th house Saturn with the jail cell quote. The thing is, I’m old (41), I have worked through a lot of this stuff and often when you get to my age you really appreciate life regardless of hardship. I mean, personally, I’m a single mother. That right there is enough to indicate a hard life and astrology placements to back it up. But is that the whole story of my life? Of course not. I love my job, I only work 4 days a week and make enough to support my family. I have beautiful friends. I live in an exciting city in a great home with my awesome kids. See what I mean? But even all of this doesn’t really matter or indicate what my internal landscape will look and feel like. Some days, I’m very melancholy, but melancholy also has its own beauty. Some days I’m overjoyed. Saturn in the 12th can be a burden, and likely indicates real tangible burdens in life, but it’s up to you to be the captain of your ship anyway.

Last edited:

Gemini888

No, you read it right. I was kind of spoofing the general advice you’ll find on the internet about 12th house Saturn with the jail cell quote. The thing is, I’m old (41), I have worked through a lot of this stuff and often when you get to my age you really appreciate life regardless of hardship. I mean, personally, I’m a single mother. That right there is enough to indicate a hard life and astrology placements to back it up. But is that the whole story of my life? Of course not. I love my job, I only work 4 days a week and make enough to support my family. I have beautiful friends. I live in an exciting city in a great home with my awesome kids. See what I mean? But even all of this doesn’t really matter or indicate what my internal landscape will look and feel like. Some days, I’m very melancholy, but melancholy also has its own beauty. Some days I’m overjoyed. Saturn in the 12th can be a burden, and likely indicates real tangible burdens in life, but it’s up to you to be the captain of your ship anyway.
Yes. I understand what you mean. You do appreciate life a lot by finding good things to live for. I love how you think everyone should take responsibility for their own life. Could it be that when you get older you learn to utilize all of your chart's placements for the better? Do you think Saturn in 12H teaches you to learn to appreciate good things no matter how small they are?

Thank you so much. You taught me a lot about being positive in the face of adversity. I have some 8H placements and I can get cynical sometimes. Maybe I need to look around more.

waybread

I have Saturn in Virgo in the 12th house, and I think my life turned out OK.

The key to making any planetary placement work for you is to consider the empowering interpretations associated with it.

Enjoying solitary time to pursue your own interests, without having to defer to other people.

Helping people less fortunate than yourself, notably people who are shut-in in some way.

Self-discipline.

Critical thinking.

Fear has been a big part of my life, with Mars opposite Saturn. This is where Saturn's self-discipline is helpful.

ElenaJ

Saturn in virgo... self-discipline, critical thinking.
Interesting!
Mine is Saturn in cancer... need to create roots, family ties.

Starsareround

Yes. I understand what you mean. You do appreciate life a lot by finding good things to live for. I love how you think everyone should take responsibility for their own life. Could it be that when you get older you learn to utilize all of your chart's placements for the better? Do you think Saturn in 12H teaches you to learn to appreciate good things no matter how small they are?

Thank you so much. You taught me a lot about being positive in the face of adversity. I have some 8H placements and I can get cynical sometimes. Maybe I need to look around more.

Thank you for your feedback! I'm really glad I've been able to help. I'd like to think I've gotten better with age. I do think if you are a earnest student of life that you find the big massive fears and blocks you had when you were younger can be overcome. You kind of end up with a lot of tools and surprise yourself with strengths you didn't have before. I'm not sure that Saturn has taught me so much, I kind of vibe with traditional astrology in that I'm not really learning from Saturn, but Saturn is kind of enjoying ******* my **** up and I work to keep myself afloat in spite of that. I know it's not very modern of me, but that's kind of the way I see it. But, well, in the sense that (for instance) if you had parents that really didn't care about you-you could look at it as learning things from them in spite of their cross purposes against you. Not everything in the universe has our back, and that's okay as long as we are there for ourselves.

Last edited:

GeminiStarr

I also have Saturn in the 12th house in Scorpio and its conjunct Mars (the 12th house ruler)

My father did die when I was young

Last edited:

zarrark7

I don't understand some of what you said. What do you mean by help? Is this a therapist or something?

I can identify with a lot of what you said though. I have fear and anxiety that seems to come from nowhere. I realized that my fear seems to center around two things: my future and loneliness. I have a deep, strong fear that I will die a meaningless life. I work hard to avoid that sad conclusion, but no matter how hard I work, my fear never goes away. I just feel like there's something missing in my life that I can't put my finger on. I have an ok family. They provide me with a lot of things. But I still feel that there's something they haven't given me, something of a deep bonding that I never receive.

Loneliness, I have a strange relationship with it. On one hand, I need some alone time to recharge and focus on work. On the other hand, I can't stand being lonely. There's that empty feeling again. I can be in a crowd of people and I feel like I don't belong and my mood goes down for no reason.

I sometimes feel like no one understands me. I'm self-aware that I'm quite different, and maybe I'm the only mad person in the room. I can get into a dark mood when I think no one cares for me and I'm trapped in an invisible prison, just like you said. I sometimes think of offing myself because I add nothing to this world.

Sorry for the rant. I need to get this off my chest. Please tell me about your experience with 12H Saturn. I just need some guidance.

Dont be sorry.
i have saturn in 12 as well and i could not have said or explained it any better...