Sabian symbols

Mia

Hello Everybody
I've been reading up on Sabian symbols (not quite sure what to make of them) and found that 5' Cancer (which is my Sun ) is something like 'an automobile being hit by a train at a crossroads' - scary stuff eh! Does anybody know what it means because I cannot see anything positive in that at all. I've read that there is always a positive interpretation too but I also read (and I can't remember who said it but it was a famous astrologer) that it was the worst Sabian degree. Strangely. I have a friend who has recently moved to an area where there is one of those railway crossings that you drive over and I do not like driving over it, even though the lights aren't flashing and it's safe to do so. Don't get me wrong; I know there are probably others who like myself don't feel safe driving over the railway and the Sabian symbol is probably nothing to do with this. However, can anyone enlighten me on what it IS about? I would be very grateful.

Kind regards
Mia

pwadm

Staff member
So, I suppose that your Sun is at 4+ Cancer, threfore you consider the symbol for the 5th degree:

Here's what Lynda Hill said about it in her first book:

The individual's ideas will not survive in a collision with the more powerful collective. This is not a time to be insisting bravely that you should be considered. The collective has too much momentum and will not stop. If someone pits themselves and their energies against society, sooner or later they are going to lose. Not looking to the consequences of one's actions.
If negative - recklessness. Being prepared to sacrifice other individuals for the sake of larger gains. Working until one drops.

Mia

No Radu, my sun is at 5' Cancer. My partner though, is much younger than me (been together 9 years) so perhaps that is 'pitting myself against society' because some were not too happy with the situation (mainly family) . It still seems to be okay for it to be the other way round, but not for a woman to have a much younger partner! Again, I don't know if this fits in with this Sabian part. I don't know what the next degree symbol is, but as my sun is at 5', should I be looking at the symbol for 6' ?

Thanks
Mia :)

pwadm

Staff member
Then the correct Sabian Symbol for your Sun is:

CANCER 6: GAME BIRDS FEATHERING THEIR NESTS.

Lynda's explanation: Although there is a good feeling about the future and the hope of new life coming, there is an inherent danger that you could be expendable. Be careful not to become too complacent or to react in fright at any sudden surprises. Instinctive dedication for laying the groundwork for those to come. Creating a base.
If negative - being afraid to venture out on `one's own'. Being unnecessarily afraid.

It is considered that the 1st degree of Cancer lasts from 00 Can 00 to 00 Can 59, the 2nd one from 01 Can 00 to 01 Can 59 and so on. That's why you should consider the 6th Sabian Symbol for your Sun at 05 Can 47

Mia

Hello Radu
Yes, I can relate to Cancer 6. When I was younger, I was very much 'afraid to venture out' and could also have been described as 'unnecessarily afraid'. It's something I've had to fight all my life. It was my music which 'brought me out of myself' as I had to learn to be 'unafraid' but I still struggle sometimes. This sounds more ME than Cancer 5 . I have Aquarius on my 7th house cusp which perhaps accounts for the unusual relationship.

Can I just ask also. I asked you recently in the Horary string if I would get the job I had applied for. In your reply, you asked if I already new the answer as it was a late degree. I answered that I didn't know but assumed that I would have heard by then if I was going to get an interview so thought it may be a negative answer because of this. Well I received an invitation to interview yesterday. Would your answer, that I will not get this position still stand? I just wondered because I was really surprised when I got the letter just as Mercury was on it's way forward again too! If it's a no, it'a a no Radu but I just thought I'd ask. :roll: The time is now 05.50.

Many thanks and kind regards
Mia