Sabian symbols

Abby83

If only I had known about Sabian symbols earlier.

I did a hypnosis the other day that uncovered that as far as career goes, I need to write.

On the same day I discovered Sabian symbols. Surprise surprise. The definition of 17 libra (where my 10th ruler sun is) happens to be the storyteller.

Then I looked at the Sabian symbol for my husband's 10th ruler and he got the definition 'double promise.' Haha lol he's a salesman. He makes double promises all the time.

Sagittarius Jupiter

I did a hypnosis the other day that uncovered that as far as career goes, I need to write.

On the same day I discovered Sabian symbols. Surprise surprise. The definition of 17 libra (where my 10th ruler sun is) happens to be the storyteller.

Then I looked at the Sabian symbol for my husband's 10th ruler and he got the definition 'double promise.' Haha lol he's a salesman. He makes double promises all the time.

Yeah, Sabian symbols work.

They mean a lot in hidden energy.

My Sun is 29° Cancer, a Daughter of the American Revolution,
and I'm a pacifist.

So it works.

piercethevale

That's not the Sabian for the 17th degree of Libra, nor is it the Sabian for the 16th or 18th degree of Libra, for that matter and in fact i don't recall a single one of the 360 Sabian Symbols that is a symbol of a story teller. In addition I don't know of a single one of the Sabian Symbols that has the definition of a double promise.

The only conclusion there is to make that whatever set of symbols you found to use are, in fact, not the Sabian Symbols.

Just to provide for the Q.E.D. and anyone's curiosity that is reading this thread I'll provide what is the Sabian Symbol for the 17th degree of Libra as presented, interpreted, and summated by the late, 20th century astrologer, and master symbologist, Dane Rudhyar. I was also going to post the Sabian Symbol as Marc Edmond Jones had published it but I can't seem to find the file, I had, in which has that set but there isn't much in difference in the two other than Jones pretty much left them as to the letter in which the clairvoyant, Elsie Wheeler, first gave her descriptions of them to Jones. That is after Dane Rudhyar had figured out that they represent a process of transformation when read in exact sequence and noticed that a few didn't fit in. Jones was caught red handed, so to speak, and had to retract and Rudhyar even forced his hand so as to where Jones had to publish the entire 360 symbols as they were given in the exact descriptions as Elsie had described them. He then, not only, gave Dane his permission to publish a book on the entire set he gave Dane his blessing by consenting to Dane the right to refine the descriptions in any manner that Dane saw fit as to make them more understandable for everyone. Dane had studied many philosophies, and philosophers, and particularly Carl Jung, whom was, and still is, the recognized foremost authority on symbology.

Dane, for the most part , didn't change all that many and most of those that He did are but very subtle changes of the descriptions, although there are a few that He did change as to something that appears to be something entirely different but even in regards to those very few Dane, in the interpretation informs the reader that He changed it, gives Elsies original description, and then proceeds to inform you why the symbol He has changed it to is of the same precept. The greatest example of which is the 30th degree of Aquarius, in my opinion.

A number of authors have published books on the 360 Sabian Symbols and all that I've come across so far, and have read, have altered a great number of them either as to the symbol itself and, or, the interpretation. I've been studying the Sabian Symbols for nearly 35 years now and working with them all that time as well, and I have to state that only Dane's is the set that one can trust in complete confidence. Although astrologer, and so called, current living authority on the Sabian Symbols, Lynda Hill, has a book published giving Her interpretations and she has even changed a few that needed to be so as for the reason that people of non western cultures might more easily understand those in particular. For example what would the image Santa Claus mean to someone of a remote village in China or India or that of a "Flapper" during the 1920's in America mean to them as well? Which by the way, Dane changed that image given Elsie in the 1930's of a "Flapper" to one more contemporary to the times when He published his book in 1973 [20 years after Jones had his published by the way and is an testimony in itself as to how much time he did give to the study of the Sabian Symbols before He felt that his book was ready for publication] and changed the imagery to one of a more as like that of a "Hippy" . But even Lynda Hill doesn't quite measure up to Dane's mastery in my, and a number of other astrologers and symbologists opinions, but her book is fine as a supplemental addition to consult at times. The one author I have yet to check out is Bovee's work and I personally find it interesting that Bovee [spelled Bove in Italy] was my paternal grandmother's maiden name.

I do advise staying away from any other set of Symbols that are not the Sabian Symbols. I seen many such a set over the years and I am presently dumbfounded as to why Robert Hand is promoting an obscure set of degree symbols from a Frenchman of the early 19th century, because they just don't work. While Robert has one heck of a reputation and has many books published I'm not impressed by any of that as to be a reason for any claim that there is to his "expertise" in astrological knowledge and the techniques He employs, Dane just leaves him is his dust and there are other astrologers that are far better at it too for that matter...imho...but as for the Sabian Symbols, Dane Rudhyar is the indisputable master from day he first came to a complete understanding of them as being representative of a cycle of transformation that is found in everything in creation that is of a cyclic nature and informed all that they are not limited in application to just astrology and He is still, yet to this day, the master, there's no one better and in fact no one his equal... imho, of course

A final note of caution to all. I discovered just a few evenings ago...and I don't know why it took me so long to catch on, that the set of Sabian Symbols available at the mindfire website that appears to be a word for wrd copy of the 360 Sabian Symbols as Dane had published in his book in fact aren't. I can't say that all of them aren't and they're likely not, but I spent an entire evening a few nights ago just correcting, that is to say restoring the original descriptions and interpretations as Dane had published them, just the last 15 degrees of Sagittarius, of the set I downloaded from mindfire which I have been using here at this forum.

As Dane's book has never been issued in "E" form it had been perceived by me to be a blessing so as to be able to simply copy and paste them when need. I shouldn't have wrote above that mindfire has altered the descriptions of the symbols themselves as I haven't yet found any as such, although there may well be, but I spent an entire evening just rectifying the interpretations and summations given for just the last six degrees of Sagittarius. It was within those degrees that I first noticed the fact that changes had been made and whiles couple of them had only been changed so as to make Dane's text gender non-specific, as Dane was "old school" in his style of writing, they left out entire sentences, misspelled some words and did a botched job of it all around. So if anyone is using the mindfire set for reference please be aware of this. I certainly dread having to go over every post I've ever made at this forum in which I used the mindfire set so as to copy and paste from it, and that has been what I've been doing for about the last five years, give or take a couple of months. So if anyone does read any post I made since then, or for that matter any that PhoenixVenus made as well...as it was she that told me of mindfire's set and that is what she has been using for the same purpose, keep that in mind and try to consult the published work by Dane if you do have a copy.

Unfortunately, the last time I checked, Dane's book is still out of publication and people are asking for well over a hundred dollars for a used copy of the paperback edition which sold for only a bit less than fifteen dollars the last time I bought a copy, in fact I bought two copies, as gifts. I've worn my first copy to tatters that I bought for myself in 1984 and the second copy I bought for myself around 2005 to such a degree that I've had to make a single copy out of the two, and the copy I bought in '84 is larger in page size

Anyways, as I wrote above, here's the Sabian Symbol for the 17th degree of Libra, I just checked it thoroughly over and only found one error and that was a single word that was misspelled. I should state at this time, that I have never corrected what was originally italicized text in the book other than the "Keynote" phrase, which is always italicized in Danes book. Perhaps I should start doing so. There is only one word as so in the main text of interpretation.
From Dane Rudhyar's masterful work on the 360 Sabian Symbols,"An Astrological Mandala. The Cycle of Transformation And It's 360 Symbolic Phases" The 17th degree of Libra.

"LIBRA 17°: A RETIRED SEA CAPTAIN WATCHES SHIPS ENTERING AND LEAVING THE HARBOR.

KEYNOTE:
The capacity to gain an objective and calm understanding of human experiences in which one was once deeply involved.

Old age may or may not bring to man this objective and calm understanding as one remembers the crises overcome and the quiet enjoyment of great life vistas or 'peak experiences', but wisdom and inner serenity can hardly develop save on the basis of the overcoming of struggles and conflicts. The sea captain' sailed his ship through storms and still waters of consciousness, his mind perhaps battered by gales, his ego-crew perhaps in revolt. Now there is peace and quietude. Another generation is sailing seas better charted perhaps, yet inherently non-rational and at times savage in their fury. He watches. He knows. Others are learning. At any age the ego-will may 'retire' and contemplate, and be at peace before a greater voyage over even more poorly charted seas.

At this second stage we see a picture of true overcoming of storms, in polar opposition to the preceding one which revealed the destructive effect of psychic upheavals tearing apart the occult link — the antakarana — between the incarnate consciousness and the transcendent Soul-field, the
CALM MIND beyond struggles and victories.

I apologize for any editing that should have been more thoroughly pursued as to the main body of text of my post, other than that as given for the 17th degree of Libra, as I have a busy morning ahead of me.
Thanks, hopefully, for your understanding
ptv

Last edited:

piercethevale

Yeah, Sabian symbols work.

They mean a lot in hidden energy.

My Sun is 29° Cancer, a Daughter of the American Revolution,
and I'm a pacifist.

So it works.

Just for the record the Sabian Symbol you have given is for the 30th degree of Cancer.

People, please read the Sticky in this sub-forum about the proper enumeration of the degrees before posting as to avoid the confusion that inevitably follows.

CapAquaPis

More information about Sabian symbols and astrological degrees from a blog by Azazel, forgive me if it has a blog name many people would not like to read.

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Degrees.html

29' Cancer and 29' Leo are the most powerful, related to obtainment of wealth and prosperity, and has good luck along with great mystical powers attached to them.

Edit: From the web link, I have these planetary placements in astrological degrees.

29 Degrees of all signs bring about the ending of events in life, such as relationships, leaving a place of residence and so forth with predictive astrology, such as solar and lunar returns. - My true or north node is at 29' Leo close to cusp of Virgo in 2nd/3rd cusp.

29 Degrees of Pisces signifies a permanent ending in predictive astrology, as is 29 degrees of Taurus. - I have Pallas in Pisces in 9th/10th cusp close to the Midheaven in 3' Aries in 10th, conjunct Eros in 2', Venus in 7', Eris in 14' and Ceres in 21' all Aries 10th.

9 and 21 Degrees of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius have a tendency to misfortune. 21 Degrees of Scorpio is definitely a degree of loss, both natally and in prediction, but the loss is not always negative. - I have a Chiron placement in 9' Taurus-11th and the Moon in 20' Aquarius close to 21'. I believe my Sedna is in 21' Taurus, the farthest dwarf planet in the solar system - also in the 11th.

4 and 17 of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces are similar to the 13 and 26 Degrees of the Cardinal signs. - Mercury in 13'-14' Pisces, the fall of Mercury is in 14', weakest link for the planet Mercury, also 9th, it may explain my childhood diagnosis with autism.

Many who are chronic alcoholics have prominent planets on the 25th degree of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, or Aquarius. The influence is especially strong if Neptune is involved. - 26' Aquarius sun-8th, an "addictive" personality (and it runs in my Dad's side of family).

17 Degrees of Gemini is degree of homicide/suicide. - I have 16' Gemini in my noon-time Ascendant chart (birth: 17' Cancer).

9 Degrees of Virgo and Pisces are known as fatal degrees, body in the ditch degrees and degrees of suffering. - Mars in 9' Virgo conjunct Jupiter in 6' Virgo, Saturn in 24-25' Virgo and Lilith in 26' all in 3rd. These are malefic placements for Mars and these others.

22 degrees of all signs, especially the fixed signs is bad, either natally or in prediction. - I have Neptune in 22' Sagittarius-6th.

Last edited:

piercethevale

More information about Sabian symbols and astrological degrees from a blog by Azazel, forgive me if it has a blog name many people would not like to read.

https://www.satanisgod.org/www.angelfire.com/empire/serpentis666/Degrees.html

29' Cancer and 29' Leo are the most powerful, related to obtainment of wealth and prosperity, and has good luck along with great mystical powers attached to them.

Edit: From the web link, I have these planetary placements in astrological degrees.

29 Degrees of all signs bring about the ending of events in life, such as relationships, leaving a place of residence and so forth with predictive astrology, such as solar and lunar returns. - My true or north node is at 29' Leo close to cusp of Virgo in 2nd/3rd cusp.

29 Degrees of Pisces signifies a permanent ending in predictive astrology, as is 29 degrees of Taurus. - I have Pallas in Pisces in 9th/10th cusp close to the Midheaven in 3' Aries in 10th, conjunct Eros in 2', Venus in 7', Eris in 14' and Ceres in 21' all Aries 10th.

9 and 21 Degrees of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, and Aquarius have a tendency to misfortune. 21 Degrees of Scorpio is definitely a degree of loss, both natally and in prediction, but the loss is not always negative. - I have a Chiron placement in 9' Taurus-11th and the Moon in 20' Aquarius close to 21'. I believe my Sedna is in 21' Taurus, the farthest dwarf planet in the solar system - also in the 11th.

4 and 17 of Gemini, Virgo, Sagittarius, and Pisces are similar to the 13 and 26 Degrees of the Cardinal signs. - Mercury in 13'-14' Pisces, the fall of Mercury is in 14', weakest link for the planet Mercury, also 9th, it may explain my childhood diagnosis with autism.

Many who are chronic alcoholics have prominent planets on the 25th degree of Taurus, Leo, Scorpio, or Aquarius. The influence is especially strong if Neptune is involved. - 26' Aquarius sun-8th, an "addictive" personality (and it runs in my Dad's side of family).

17 Degrees of Gemini is degree of homicide/suicide. - I have 16' Gemini in my noon-time Ascendant chart (birth: 17' Cancer).

9 Degrees of Virgo and Pisces are known as fatal degrees, body in the ditch degrees and degrees of suffering. - Mars in 9' Virgo conjunct Jupiter in 6' Virgo, Saturn in 24-25' Virgo and Lilith in 26' all in 3rd. These are malefic placements for Mars and these others.

22 degrees of all signs, especially the fixed signs is bad, either natally or in prediction. - I have Neptune in 22' Sagittarius-6th.

Nothing here has anything to do with degree symbols.
The is nothing placed in the Heavens or any particular degree of the Zodiac that is intentionally "malefic".

However, I do find the title of your recommended blog most appropriate... as Satan would like us all to believe this nonsense you've posted.

Try to have a nice day, despite your predisposition to being so fatalistic. :smile:

CapAquaPis

This is part of my point, Pierce. Now we look at these degrees' Sabian symbols:

Cancer 29: A GREEK MUSE WEIGHING NEW BORN TWINS IN GOLDEN SCALES (The millionaire's degree, a symbol of someone born or inherit family wealth?)

Leo 29: THE MERMAID AND THE PRINCE (A mermaid princess figure married to a human prince? Does my true node is about falling in love with a rich woman?)

Pisces 29: THE LIGHT PASSING THROUGH A PRISM DEGREE (Pallas placement in natal chart is about examining ones' self).

Taurus 9: A RED CROSS NURSE WITH WARM SYMPATHY (Chiron placement in my natal chart, a wound about to be healed).

Taurus 21: A MOVING FINGER POINTS TO SIGNIFICANT PASSAGES IN A BOOK (I'm an avid reader and is literate).

Pisces 13: A SWORD, USED IN MANY BATTLES, IS NOW IN A MUSEUM (a clue to a past life I believed to had as a 20-something year old woman killed in the last days of the Vietnam war, before the North took over the South in late April 1975).

Aquarius 26: A GARAGE MAN TESTING A CAR’S BATTERY WITH A HYDROMETER. (I do have an interest in the sciences).
or AN ANCIENT POTTERY BOWL FILLED WITH FRESH VIOLETS. (I used to work in the garden center of a major retailer).

Gemini 16: A WOMAN ACTIVIST IN AN EMOTIONAL SPEECH DRAMATIZING HER CAUSE. (Noon-time ASC for anyone born on Feb. 15th - Susan B Anthony day, the birthdate of an Aquarian herself and founder of modern women's rights and feminist movements),
or THE HEAD OF A ROBUST YOUTH CHANGES INTO THAT OF A MATURE THINKER. (Yes, it described me in my preteens and adolescent years).

Virgo 9: AN EXPRESSIONIST PAINTER AT WORK. (I'm great in painting as well drawing and writing. My parts of perversion in 18' or 26' - am I going to paint women and make a good career out of it? Professional photography is another field I should get into).

And Sagittarius 22: A GROUP OF IMMIGRANTS AS THEY FULFILL THE REQUIRMENTS OF ENTRANCE INTO THE NEW COUNTRY. (My father and step-mother are immigrants, he's from France and she's from Tanzania in Africa. Also I have Native American/Cherokee ancestry on my mother's side and I never had a stepfather, but my maternal grandfather was from a family in a state like Oklahoma - admitted to the union in 1907 - one of the last 5).

"LIBRA 17°: A RETIRED SEA CAPTAIN WATCHES SHIPS ENTERING AND LEAVING THE HARBOR." - Northern peak of my natal chart. Pluto in Libra 21: TWO MEN ARRESTED. (Imagine if I ended up arrested, along with other males in my family like my father, brother and nephew-brother's son for anything).

piercethevale

Let's look at the complete presentation of the Sabian Symbol and interpretation, as given by Dane Rudhyar in his book "An Astrological Mandala" for one of the degrees you've noted. The first one you cite, the 29th degree of Cancer is as good as any for my purpose here.

"CANCER 29°: A GREEK MUSE WEIGHING NEW-BORN TWINS IN GOLDEN SCALES.
KEYNOTE:
The intuitive weighing of alternatives.

This symbol seems to show that the 'return to nature' pictured in the preceding symbol is only one of two possibilities. Somehow the repolarization of consciousness and life activities implied by that symbol may be more a dream or ideal than a practical reality. In any case, at this stage in the process of individualization two ways are open. The individual person may hesitate before making his decision. His 'intuition' (the Muse) is able to show him what the choice is. Perhaps there can be a way of combining the two alternatives. But, as the next symbol implies, the one which in the end has the greatest appeal may not be the 'nature' way. The 'white boy' may rather bring the 'Indian girl' to the city, as in Pocahontas' life story.

The fourth stage of this sequence of symbols reveals to us the pro and con operation of the mind when faced with a vital decision. Because it is the 'Muse' that is doing the weighing, it is apparent that forces deeper or higher than the intellect are actually at work — the intuitive mind, or what Jung calls the 'anima', i.e. the psychic function which relates ego-consciousness to the collective Unconscious. What we see happening, at the very threshold of a new cycle, is an
INNER PRESENTATION OF ALTERNATIVES
."

You see? It has nothing to do with "wealth", per se.

IMHO... you are rather wildly interpreting these symbols with far too much personal bias.
I suggest that you stick to Rudhyar's interpretations for all the Sabian Symbols. He was very studied in Jungian philosophy and quite the adept at interpreting symbolism.
I learned only last week that Rudhyar's book on the Sabian Symbols is once again in print, although it may only be available in hard cover presently... but that is a good thing considering that I have worn out three copies of the paperback edition since 1984

piercethevale

In addition, I don't know where you are getting the description for these symbols as you've cited them.
It is Taurus 10* and not the 9th that has a symbol of a Red Cross Nurse and the description of the symbol as given by Rudhyar is [ibid.]

"TAURUS 10°: A RED CROSS NURSE.
KEYNOTE:
The compassionate linking of all men.

This symbol reveals the feeling of human cooperation at the stage of pure altruism and service to the social Whole. On that foundation of Christ love (agape, or true companionship), man can reach a still higher level of experience made possible by the refinement of the substance of his being, his consciousness and his will. This goes beyond imagination and faith in the future - beyond Christmas tree celebrations - for it implies going into the dark to bring life and love to the tormented and the deprived.

At this final stage of the five-fold sequence we see what is finally open as new potentiality to the 'widow before an open grave' — the closing symbol of the preceding sequence. Personal attachment in love to a husband or wife has changed level becoming a
CONSECRATION TO HUMANITY. "

Nothing about "wounds" except the "wounded in spirit" to some lesser, or greater, degree of interpretation. It is about dedicating oneself to helping humanity.

I, once again, recommend getting a copy of Dane's book and adhering to it.

sdh3

Abby, hello!

The Sabian Symbol corresponding to 17 Libra XX is Libra 18 (Two men placed under arrest)

The Sabian symbol corresponding to 24 Aries XX is Aries 25 (A double promise).

Note, this is the original wording from Marc Edmund Jones in 1953 in his book "The Sabian Symbols in Astrology" and not the revised wording given out by Dane Rudhyar many years later in his book "An Astrological Mandala."

thoughtfully
sdh3

piercethevale

The Sabian symbol corresponding to 24 Aries XX is Aries 25 (A double promise)

I'd say that is a bit of a stretch although Dane's interpretation of the Sabian Symbol given for the 25th degree of Aries does include the word "promise" [and I wish I could find the set of Symbols as Marc Edmond Jones originally gave them as, but it seems to have disappeared from my files. Yet, Dane always made mention as to any He might have changed for the better understanding and usually gives the original description as well. I'll have to replace that file but I don't think this particular degree was changed as to the Sabian Symbol... when I do get the file replaced and if I do find that Dane changed the symbol, in any manner, I'll make another post to the fact.]

Here's the full text, for the Sabian Symbol, as given by Dane Rudhyar in his book, "An Astrological Mandala" for the 25th degree of Aries.
It is of the "Emotional/Cultural" variety of the three kinds of Sabian Symbols, as defined by Dane. The other two varieties being that of "Actional" and "Mental/Individual"
From Dane's book [ibid.]

"ARIES 25°: THE POSSIBILITY FOR MAN TO GAIN EXPERIENCE AT TWO LEVELS OF BEING.

KEYNOTE:
The revelation of new potentialities.

In some unspecified way the symbol is a guarantee that man can operate successfully at two levels of consciousness, if he has previously met the condition mentioned in the preceding symbol. "Be open. Be able and willing to shape your translucent mind in the form revealing spiritual fulfillment. And you will be able to experience life and power on inner as well as outer planes." The implied message is one of faith. Man can only truly experience what he deeply believes he can experience.
This is the last stage of this fifth five-fold sequence of cyclic phases. It announces the possibility of a new step in evolution, but it is still only a possibility, a promise. The individual is truly
ON PROBATION.
"

sdh3

ptv, hello!

Not a stretch at all--these are Jones' exact words--A double promise.

Astrologer Blain Bovee has provided commentary (in the form of blog posts) on all of the Sabian symbols in their original wording. Anytime you are curious to know what that wording was for a symbol, just google search the word "bovee" along with the symbol you are interested in. For example, if you google "bovee aries 25" you'll get many links from his blogs.

thoughtfully
sdh3

piercethevale

ptv, hello!

Not a stretch at all--these are Jones' exact words--A double promise.

Astrologer Blain Bovee has provided commentary (in the form of blog posts) on all of the Sabian symbols in their original wording. Anytime you are curious to know what that wording was for a symbol, just google search the word "bovee" along with the symbol you are interested in. For example, if you google "bovee aries 25" you'll get many links from his blogs.

thoughtfully
sdh3
Okay... and thank you for setting me straight here.
As I wrote above, I have lost the file that had all of the Sabian Symbols as they were given by Marc Edmond Jones. I have often written, and do so ever encourage, to consult Marc along with any other interpreters of the Sabians' one might wish too. But I do stand fast to my belief that one should always consult Rudhyar's first. He was the master at interpreting, in my humble, but very experienced, opinion.

The words, "Double Promise" did sound familiar and I should have found or replaced that file of Jones' work before posting in the first place.

As for Bovee. I'd very much like to get in touch with the man and see if we might be cousins... which we, very much, more than likely are. The Bove's [Bovee in most countries that have English as the primary language, the extra "E" is added for correct pronunciation] are a family of Italian nobility and my grandmother was a Bovee.
From wikipedia. "The House of Bove is an ancient noble patrician family of Ravello, Maritime Republic of Amalfi that held royal appointments in the Kingdom of Naples, and presided over feudal territories.
Antonio Bove, 17th century was a Knight of the Order of Malta.
My father's name was named Anthony [Antonio] by his mother.

Thank you SDH3 for setting the record straight here.
In gratitude, ptv
Ciao amigo

piercethevale

For the record. I did locate, Mr. Bovee about two years ago, and I wrote him an email introducing myself and made mention of my having a book published on astrology and complemented him on the prose and poetry I found of his online ... and he wrote back.
Then I wrote him another email I showed him a bit of what I've accomplished with the Sabian Symbols as Rudhyar presented them and He then wrote me again and claimed his eyesight had just failed him, that he needed an operation, and wouldn't be able to communicate anymore.
I never heard from Him again.
I had found some of his book online and He does, or did, write, some nice poetry and lovely prose, but I'm really no judge of poetry. or prose, I'm a terrible writer... but He really hadn't produced one thing of worth while note utilizing the Sabian Symbols in astrology. He had demonstrated nothing where He found them to be relevant to any natal chart in any manner at all.

You've got to keep in mind that the Sabians are not exclusive to the realm of astrology and in fact there not exclusive to anything at all but that of cycles.

I did learn one thing from him though... that is that we are not related.

I kept all the correspondence and shared it with fellow member Phoenix Venus at the time. If she were still around she'd probably have something to add, but she apparently doesn't want to participate here anymore.
It does get tiresome trying to get through to people that just only want to hear what they've already made their minds up to believe.

She helped me write the revised manuscript for my book, contributed a bit herself along with the new material I've added and she did all the grammatical editing, all for which she will be credited on the cover. It's in the publishers hands and once it's in print I plan on retiring from writing in forums... I've been progressively writing less and less here as it is
I an odd hunch that the upcoming new format has a good chance of somehow losing, or deleting, or in some manner making irretrievable, all the old threads here at AW, and if have to write any of it again, it'll be for publication next time.

By the way sdh3, there's a thread by ukpoohbear in the celebrity natal sub-forum on Marilyn Monroe you might find interesting. I found that she quite possibly had a complete downward pointing pentagram on her natal chart that centered on the nadir of her chart, if she was in fact born earlier than the given time of exactly 9:30 a.m., which I think is an obvious estimation rounded to the nearest half hour. If she was born between 9:22:17 and 9:26:07, like I have a hunch she was, then she definitely had a perfect pentagram with the 5th degree of Scorpio for her nadir.
When they point down, centered on the nadir... it's all about getting what you can with what you got... Madonna may have sung about being a material girl but I think Marilyn lived it. That kind of ambition coupled with sleeping with powerful politicians, and men who were powerfully "connected", along with highly clairvoyant ability would certainly seem to add up to an Epstein type suicide.

Good to see you back and writing. It's been awhile. :smile:

sdh3

PTV For the record. I did locate, Mr. Bovee about two years ago, and I wrote him an email introducing myself and made mention of my having a book published on astrology and complemented him on the prose and poetry I found of his online ... and he wrote back. Then I wrote him another email I showed him a bit of what I've accomplished with the Sabian Symbols as Rudhyar presented them and He then wrote me again and claimed his eyesight had just failed him, that he needed an operation, and wouldn't be able to communicate anymore. I never heard from Him again.

SDH3: I'd not heard about his eyesight problems from our mutual friend. I'm praying that he finds some relief and healing.

PTV: I had found some of his book online and He does, or did, write, some nice poetry and lovely prose, but I'm really no judge of poetry. or prose, I'm a terrible writer... but He really hadn't produced one thing of worth while note utilizing the Sabian Symbols in astrology.

SHD3: I found his book on the Sabian Symbols (published in 2004) to be quite excellent. He based his interpretations on opposing pairs, something that I found novel and insightful.

PTV: He had demonstrated nothing where He found them to be relevant to any natal chart in any manner at all.

SDH3: I don't know of anyone that's done a systematic analysis of natal charts--or any other charts--that also includes in-depth consideration of the symbols. You and I and others here love and appreciate them, but few astrologers seem to know or care about them. Of those that do, even fewer are competent at making skillful use of them.

PTV: You've got to keep in mind that the Sabians are not exclusive to the realm of astrology and in fact there not exclusive to anything at all but that of cycles.

SDH3: Agreed. Hence my interest in their application to story-structure and content.

PTV: I did learn one thing from him though... that is that we are not related.
I kept all the correspondence and shared it with fellow member Phoenix Venus at the time. If she were still around she'd probably have something to add, but she apparently doesn't want to participate here anymore.
It does get tiresome trying to get through to people that just only want to hear what they've already made their minds up to believe.

She helped me write the revised manuscript for my book, contributed a bit herself along with the new material I've added and she did all the grammatical editing, all for which she will be credited on the cover. It's in the publishers hands and once it's in print I plan on retiring from writing in forums...

SDH3: Congrats on the book. Please make sure that you let me know personally when it's done. Messaging via the app would be great and I'll share my email address with you. As you may recall, I too wrote a rather length book of my own interpretations of the Symbols but decided against publishing it. I don't see the point of making that much effort for such a small audience.

PTV: I've been progressively writing less and less here as it is
I an odd hunch that the upcoming new format has a good chance of somehow losing, or deleting, or in some manner making irretrievable, all the old threads here at AW, and if have to write any of it again, it'll be for publication next time.

By the way sdh3, there's a thread by ukpoohbear in the celebrity natal sub-forum on Marilyn Monroe you might find interesting.

SDH3: I'll look for that. I've been collecting data recently about celebs who have planets or other factors that seem to manifest in their personas. For example, Robin WIlliams had Uranus at Cancer 11 (A clown making grimaces). I'm thinking that if I ever do another book, this is the way to go. Another possiblity is that work on Sabians and Stories. Maybe that's the way to do it--Volume 1 on Sabians and celebs and Volume 2 on Sabians and stories.

Good to see you back and writing. It's been awhile. :smile:

SDH3: Thanks. I've been really busy with other projects. Always good to hear from you.

piercethevale

SDH3: I don't know of anyone that's done a systematic analysis of natal charts--or any other charts--that also includes in-depth consideration of the symbols. You and I and others here love and appreciate them, but few astrologers seem to know or care about them. Of those that do, even fewer are competent at making skillful use of them.
:rolleyes:
Really!?!?
So you completely dismiss my work of the last 38 years and in particular the research I have done that is documented and published in my book?

Perhaps you'd care to review it and rethink your statement?
Here's a video Phoenix Venus and I made that is a half hour long summary of my book. After you listen to it perhaps then you might also review the many threads I have initiated in the degree symbols sub forum these last 14 years?
Or perhaps reading my post in January of 2016 when I used Sabian Symbol analysis of a natal chart to predict that not only would Donald Trump get the nomination as the Republican candidate but would also go on to win the election for president later that year... when the "pundits" were giving Him only a 2% chance of even getting the nomination for the Republican candidacy?.

I've also a thread on the Sabian Symbolism for the natal chart of the USA that is derived from a chart cast for 12:00:01 a.m. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn. that demonstrates that it is the true natal chart of the USA and have made 3 predictions to the exact date that came true using that chart...which are also posted here in AW forum, unedited, time and date stamped of which said predicted events were, "The shootings at Sandy Hook", the bombing at the Boston Marathon and the near imposing of martial law in Boston in April of 2013.

Here's a link to that video I mentioned. Phoenix Venus did the visuals and made the actual video, I just do the narration.
If that isn't systematic enough, I don't what is?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsX4qsr8zY&list=PLu0W-__kQdNgDFI3VC01xhEq37WHlZwyI

...and, BTW...
Mr. Bovee's sudden eye ailment was a convenient excuse, IMHO.

piercethevale

Really? Do you actually know Blain? Are you a friend of his?

Did you read what I wrote above?
I've never met him in person, I found the means by which to email him. I introduced myself, told him that I've been studying astrology since 1984 with a particular interest in and utilization of the Sabian Symbols. Then I asked about his surname as my paternal grandmother was a Bovee.
...as it turned out, we are not related as He traces his ancestry back to France while my grandmother was from the nearby vicinity of Naples and the original spelling of the name was at one time Bove, the additional "E" being added so as to assure correct pronunciation outside of Italy. The name Bove is rather historically connected with the Amalfi coast.

I complimented Mr. Bovee on his fine poetic style of writing and HHe wrote back asking about myself so I wrote to Him of my work, the book that resulted from it, some of the same findings regarding the use of Sabian Symbolic analysis that I present in the video I give a link to above, and provided the link also to Blain. He then wrote back saying an eye ailment would prevent him from corresponding any further.

I have all those correspondences kept in my archive of emails. Perhaps I should take screen shots and post them in a thread for all to read?

Unless there is some rule here at the forum that would prohibit such?
They don't contain any personal information that can be used for identity theft, or for any other sort of criminal activity. They arrived in my inbox unconditionally and his email address is obtainable online to anyone that takes the time to look for it.

piercethevale

Oh, btw. I'm also related to members of the Bean family tree. My 6xs maternal great grandfather, Wm. Hough Jr., Free Quaker since 1778 and whom fought for the Virginia regiments and was at the Battle of Yorktown, and whom resided in Langdon, Virginia, was married to a Rachael Bean, his first wife that died giving birth to a baby girl, their second child, in around 1792 or 93. Their first child was a son. I'm descended from his second marriage, to a Powhatan woman, with whom He had three more sons.
We might even be cousins? It's a long shot, but you never know?
I also understand that Rachael Bean was descended fro a family line of royalty, but I can't recall what European nation that was... Danish, I think, but definitely Western European.

piercethevale

Samantha Bean is my Astrologer’s Community name. I don’t use it anywhere else. A nom du plume, so to speak.

If you don’t use anonymous names on forums, people trace you down and talk about your heritage and other stuff. i had enough of that during the early use of forums in the 1990’s. Pretty soon they start making threatening comments and say they are going to visit your home. Samantha Bean is not a real person; its an anonymous name. Blain Bovee does not know any Samantha Bean’s.

Unless you are a member of a famous mid western rock band, I doubt whether your name is really Pierce(middle name “the”) Vale.

Actually my use of this name predates that of the rock band. I took this name from having read "The Cup of Destiny" by Trevor Ravenscroft. Trevor wrote that book based on material from the archives of Rudolf Steiner. The name Parsifal. or Parsival literally means pierce-the-vale.
Rudolf Steiner predicted the reincarnation of Parsival by the end of the 20th century. He said that a 1200 year cycle of Venus Sun conjunctions completing every possible 72 pentagrams to be found in 360 degrees of the Zodiac was a prerequisite.
There were also a list of other requisites. It just so happens I satisfy them all and have been told by two very reputable clairvoyants that I am that same soul that was known as Parsival around the beginning of the 8th century, and whom was Judas before that.

I have no conscious memories of either. It was the suggestion of one of those clairvoyants that i take the name piercethevale for use in online astrology forums.

I published my book under my own name. In retrospect I wish I had used a pseudonym for the very reasons you stated yourself.

I have nothing to hide though, I even have my natal chart posted in a number of threads here at the forum.
Anyone that wants to steal my identity is welcome to it... they will find that they cannot get a credit card in my name, cannot get a loan, and that they will be incessantly hounded by bill collectors. I willingly forfeited all monetary gain to be had from sales of my book by writing of its contents here in astrology forums like this one and speaking of it in videos like that I provided a link to.

...and here I find another opportunity to further demonstrate a bit of systematic analysis of a natal chart using the Sabian Symbols... How can I resist after being so challenged, by sdh3, to so demonstrate [even though I have done it so many times before, but sdh3 has been away from the forum for a few years and perhaps he just forgot?]

My Desc., the "WHERE-TO" of my natal chart is in the 18th degree of Taurus... one might even say I'm something of a Sunyasi...
[ibid.]

"TAURUS 18°: A WOMAN AIRING AN OLD BAG THROUGH THE OPEN WINDOW OF HER ROOM.

KEYNOTE:
The cleansing of the ego-consciousness.

In this third stage of the present sequence the first two stages should be considered background. The traditional teachings concerning man's nature are somehow reconciled with the youthful enthusiasm that sees in every problem of growth an issue between the 'good' and the 'bad'. The symbol suggests that the real enemy is within the mind; it is the ego and its attachment to possessions. The mind is shown in the likeness of a 'bag', now empty and needing to be aired in the sunlight. But the 'window' must first be opened and the bag emptied.

The phrase 'cleansing the doors of perception' has become well known of late. But even more to be cleansed is the container of perceptual images — i.e. the ego mind. The Keyword is
PURIFICATION.
"

My M.C., the "HOW" of my natal chart when interpreted through the Sabian Symbols for an interpretation regarding ones spiritual evolution in their present lifetime, or the "WHY" of their chart when interpreted regarding the mundane affairs of that persons' life, is in the 25th degree of Leo, it is also the Sign and degree of my Part of Fortune, [ibid.]

"LEO 25°: A LARGE CAMEL IS SEEN CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.

KEYNOTE:
Self-sufficiency in the face of a long and exhausting adventure.

The camel here represents a living organism that is able to sustain itself independently of its environment at the start of a trying journey. (The original formulation of the symbol did not refer to 'a man on camel back.') The organism carries within itself what is absolutely needed for survival. At the deeper human level of consciousness it is easy to see the value of self-reliance and self-sufficiency as one enters the occult Path leading to a more dynamic and more inclusive realm of existence.

The camel carries water within its body, and it is said that the dromedary is able to utilize the matter stored in its large protuberance as food. The suggestion here is that in order to be released from bondage to the 'old world' we should be completely self-contained emotionally; having absorbed the mental food which this old culture has given us, we are ready to face 'the desert', nothingness, Sunya . . . until we reach the "new world." We need
TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from our surroundings and utter SELF-RELIANCE.
"

Notice that Rudhyar used the Sanskrit word, "Sunya"... My choice for a personal keyword might best be "minimalist"?
"TOTAL INDEPENDENCE" and "SELF RELIANCE", quite appropriate keywords also, and so interesting that my natal Part of Imprisonment [found and demonstrated many time by myself to be symbolically representative of that which one cannot embrace, possess, utilize, etc, as it is what one is imprisoned from, is derived to be in the 21st degree of Virgo... because of the Sabian Symbol for that degree... check it out, if you will, please...[ibid.]

"VIRGO 21°: A GIRL'S BASKETBALL TEAM." Dane's choice for the keywords for this Sabian Symbol were, and why... [ibid.] "It implies the training for GROUP INTEGRATION of 'girls', i.e. of a type of consciousness more specifically receptive to collective forces."

I can't help it if my comments don't sound like Blain, but why would they? They're my comments...!

I have little other choice then to share those emails he sent me, you can even check the email address to see if it is one and the same that you know is possessed by Blain, although I have no way of knowing if it is still active, or if Blain is "active" himself?