Sabian symbols

piercethevale

Really? Do you actually know Blain? Are you a friend of his?

Did you read what I wrote above?
I've never met him in person, I found the means by which to email him. I introduced myself, told him that I've been studying astrology since 1984 with a particular interest in and utilization of the Sabian Symbols. Then I asked about his surname as my paternal grandmother was a Bovee.
...as it turned out, we are not related as He traces his ancestry back to France while my grandmother was from the nearby vicinity of Naples and the original spelling of the name was at one time Bove, the additional "E" being added so as to assure correct pronunciation outside of Italy. The name Bove is rather historically connected with the Amalfi coast.

I complimented Mr. Bovee on his fine poetic style of writing and HHe wrote back asking about myself so I wrote to Him of my work, the book that resulted from it, some of the same findings regarding the use of Sabian Symbolic analysis that I present in the video I give a link to above, and provided the link also to Blain. He then wrote back saying an eye ailment would prevent him from corresponding any further.

I have all those correspondences kept in my archive of emails. Perhaps I should take screen shots and post them in a thread for all to read?

Unless there is some rule here at the forum that would prohibit such?
They don't contain any personal information that can be used for identity theft, or for any other sort of criminal activity. They arrived in my inbox unconditionally and his email address is obtainable online to anyone that takes the time to look for it.

piercethevale

Oh, btw. I'm also related to members of the Bean family tree. My 6xs maternal great grandfather, Wm. Hough Jr., Free Quaker since 1778 and whom fought for the Virginia regiments and was at the Battle of Yorktown, and whom resided in Langdon, Virginia, was married to a Rachael Bean, his first wife that died giving birth to a baby girl, their second child, in around 1792 or 93. Their first child was a son. I'm descended from his second marriage, to a Powhatan woman, with whom He had three more sons.
We might even be cousins? It's a long shot, but you never know?
I also understand that Rachael Bean was descended fro a family line of royalty, but I can't recall what European nation that was... Danish, I think, but definitely Western European.

Samantha Bean

Oh, btw. I'm also related to members of the Bean family tree.

Samantha Bean is my Astrologer’s Community name. I don’t use it anywhere else. A nom du plume, so to speak.

If you don’t use anonymous names on forums, people trace you down and talk about your heritage and other stuff. i had enough of that during the early use of forums in the 1990’s. Pretty soon they start making threatening comments and say they are going to visit your home. Samantha Bean is not a real person; its an anonymous name. Blain Bovee does not know any Samantha Bean’s.

Unless you are a member of a famous mid western rock band, I doubt whether your name is really Pierce(middle name “the”) Vale.

Last edited:

Samantha Bean

You would need to talk to MARC EDUMUND JONES about that, BUT he’s long dead. No one will ever know.

Sabian Cymbals was founded in 1981, by Robert Zildjian, when he had a conflict with his brother Armand after he was not chosen to be the main CEO and successor of Avedis Zildjian. Robert opened Sabian in the small eastern Canadian village of Meductic, New Brunswick. The name 'Sabian' comes from the first two letters of the names of Robert's three children (Sally, Billy, and Andy).
---Wikipedia

So... no connection. Just humor.

piercethevale

Samantha Bean is my Astrologer’s Community name. I don’t use it anywhere else. A nom du plume, so to speak.

If you don’t use anonymous names on forums, people trace you down and talk about your heritage and other stuff. i had enough of that during the early use of forums in the 1990’s. Pretty soon they start making threatening comments and say they are going to visit your home. Samantha Bean is not a real person; its an anonymous name. Blain Bovee does not know any Samantha Bean’s.

Unless you are a member of a famous mid western rock band, I doubt whether your name is really Pierce(middle name “the”) Vale.

Actually my use of this name predates that of the rock band. I took this name from having read "The Cup of Destiny" by Trevor Ravenscroft. Trevor wrote that book based on material from the archives of Rudolf Steiner. The name Parsifal. or Parsival literally means pierce-the-vale.
Rudolf Steiner predicted the reincarnation of Parsival by the end of the 20th century. He said that a 1200 year cycle of Venus Sun conjunctions completing every possible 72 pentagrams to be found in 360 degrees of the Zodiac was a prerequisite.
There were also a list of other requisites. It just so happens I satisfy them all and have been told by two very reputable clairvoyants that I am that same soul that was known as Parsival around the beginning of the 8th century, and whom was Judas before that.

I have no conscious memories of either. It was the suggestion of one of those clairvoyants that i take the name piercethevale for use in online astrology forums.

I published my book under my own name. In retrospect I wish I had used a pseudonym for the very reasons you stated yourself.

I have nothing to hide though, I even have my natal chart posted in a number of threads here at the forum.
Anyone that wants to steal my identity is welcome to it... they will find that they cannot get a credit card in my name, cannot get a loan, and that they will be incessantly hounded by bill collectors. I willingly forfeited all monetary gain to be had from sales of my book by writing of its contents here in astrology forums like this one and speaking of it in videos like that I provided a link to.

...and here I find another opportunity to further demonstrate a bit of systematic analysis of a natal chart using the Sabian Symbols... How can I resist after being so challenged, by sdh3, to so demonstrate [even though I have done it so many times before, but sdh3 has been away from the forum for a few years and perhaps he just forgot?]

My Desc., the "WHERE-TO" of my natal chart is in the 18th degree of Taurus... one might even say I'm something of a Sunyasi...
[ibid.]

"TAURUS 18°: A WOMAN AIRING AN OLD BAG THROUGH THE OPEN WINDOW OF HER ROOM.

KEYNOTE:
The cleansing of the ego-consciousness.

In this third stage of the present sequence the first two stages should be considered background. The traditional teachings concerning man's nature are somehow reconciled with the youthful enthusiasm that sees in every problem of growth an issue between the 'good' and the 'bad'. The symbol suggests that the real enemy is within the mind; it is the ego and its attachment to possessions. The mind is shown in the likeness of a 'bag', now empty and needing to be aired in the sunlight. But the 'window' must first be opened and the bag emptied.

The phrase 'cleansing the doors of perception' has become well known of late. But even more to be cleansed is the container of perceptual images — i.e. the ego mind. The Keyword is
PURIFICATION.
"

My M.C., the "HOW" of my natal chart when interpreted through the Sabian Symbols for an interpretation regarding ones spiritual evolution in their present lifetime, or the "WHY" of their chart when interpreted regarding the mundane affairs of that persons' life, is in the 25th degree of Leo, it is also the Sign and degree of my Part of Fortune, [ibid.]

"LEO 25°: A LARGE CAMEL IS SEEN CROSSING A VAST AND FORBIDDING DESERT.

KEYNOTE:
Self-sufficiency in the face of a long and exhausting adventure.

The camel here represents a living organism that is able to sustain itself independently of its environment at the start of a trying journey. (The original formulation of the symbol did not refer to 'a man on camel back.') The organism carries within itself what is absolutely needed for survival. At the deeper human level of consciousness it is easy to see the value of self-reliance and self-sufficiency as one enters the occult Path leading to a more dynamic and more inclusive realm of existence.

The camel carries water within its body, and it is said that the dromedary is able to utilize the matter stored in its large protuberance as food. The suggestion here is that in order to be released from bondage to the 'old world' we should be completely self-contained emotionally; having absorbed the mental food which this old culture has given us, we are ready to face 'the desert', nothingness, Sunya . . . until we reach the "new world." We need
TOTAL INDEPENDENCE from our surroundings and utter SELF-RELIANCE.
"

Notice that Rudhyar used the Sanskrit word, "Sunya"... My choice for a personal keyword might best be "minimalist"?
"TOTAL INDEPENDENCE" and "SELF RELIANCE", quite appropriate keywords also, and so interesting that my natal Part of Imprisonment [found and demonstrated many time by myself to be symbolically representative of that which one cannot embrace, possess, utilize, etc, as it is what one is imprisoned from, is derived to be in the 21st degree of Virgo... because of the Sabian Symbol for that degree... check it out, if you will, please...[ibid.]

"VIRGO 21°: A GIRL'S BASKETBALL TEAM." Dane's choice for the keywords for this Sabian Symbol were, and why... [ibid.] "It implies the training for GROUP INTEGRATION of 'girls', i.e. of a type of consciousness more specifically receptive to collective forces."

I can't help it if my comments don't sound like Blain, but why would they? They're my comments...!

I have little other choice then to share those emails he sent me, you can even check the email address to see if it is one and the same that you know is possessed by Blain, although I have no way of knowing if it is still active, or if Blain is "active" himself?

Samantha Bean

I can't help it if my comments don't sound like Blain, but why would they? They're my comments...!

I have little other choice then to share those emails he sent me, you can even check the email address to see if it is one and the same that you know is possessed by Blain, although I have no way of knowing if it is still active, or if Blain is "active" himself?

I hope this is humor, or else you may have simply missed the point.

piercethevale

I hope this is humor, or else you may have simply missed the point.

No, I'm quite serious. I got your "point", which is you are trying to cast derision publicly upon me by roundaboutly claiming that I never have corresponded with Blain as you did state, "Your comments don’t sound much like the Blain Bovee I know. And unlike you, I do know him. We haven’t talked for awhile. He lives in Canada, and the Pandemic has had that off limits to an American."

I didn't say that I didn't know him, I wrote that i have never met Him in person. What I did get to know about him through the emails He sent to me IS ALL I NEED TO KNOW :wink:

Samantha Bean

No, I'm quite serious. I got your "point", which is you are trying to cast derision publicly upon me by roundaboutly claiming that I never have corresponded with Blain as you did state, "Your comments don’t sound much like the Blain Bovee I know. And unlike you, I do know him. We haven’t talked for awhile. He lives in Canada, and the Pandemic has had that off limits to an American."

I didn't say that I didn't know him, I wrote that i have never met Him in person. What I did get to know about him through the emails He sent to me IS ALL I NEED TO KNOW :wink:

NO... you missed the point completely. I doubt whether its even worth trying to explain it to you.

sdh3

PTV: Really!?!?
So you completely dismiss my work of the last 38 years and in particular the research I have done that is documented and published in my book?

SDH3: I haven't seen and thus haven't read your book. That said, I think you're being a bit hyper-sensitive. I've been on this forum for 12 years and so know something of your voluminous work and research. FWIW, I wasn't including you or anyone in this group in that remark. Odd that you'd assume so.

PTV: Perhaps you'd care to review it and rethink your statement?

SDH3: See directly above!

PTV: Here's a video Phoenix Venus and I made that is a half hour long summary of my book. After you listen to it perhaps then you might also review the many threads I have initiated in the degree symbols sub forum these last 14 years? Or perhaps reading my post in January of 2016 when I used Sabian Symbol analysis of a natal chart to predict that not only would Donald Trump get the nomination as the Republican candidate but would also go on to win the election for president later that year... when the "pundits" were giving Him only a 2% chance of even getting the nomination for the Republican candidacy?.

I've also a thread on the Sabian Symbolism for the natal chart of the USA that is derived from a chart cast for 12:00:01 a.m. July 4, 1776 Philadelphia, Penn. that demonstrates that it is the true natal chart of the USA and have made 3 predictions to the exact date that came true using that chart...which are also posted here in AW forum, unedited, time and date stamped of which said predicted events were, "The shootings at Sandy Hook", the bombing at the Boston Marathon and the near imposing of martial law in Boston in April of 2013.

Here's a link to that video I mentioned. Phoenix Venus did the visuals and made the actual video, I just do the narration.
If that isn't systematic enough, I don't what is?

SDH3: If I had thought your work wasn't systematic, I'd have said so directly. I don't veil my critiques and I don't pull my punches. In this case neither of those things are necessary as I have nothing but appreciation and respect for your work.

PTV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYsX4qsr8zY&list=PLu0W-__kQdNgDFI3VC01xhEq37WHlZwyI

SDH3: will have a look.

PTV: ...and, BTW...Mr. Bovee's sudden eye ailment was a convenient excuse, IMHO.

SDH3: IMHO, that's harsh and he deserves the benefit of the doubt. I corresponded with him several times in the past and my impression of the man is that if he didn't want to read your material, he'd just tell you.

Last edited:

piercethevale

PTV: Really!?!?
So you completely dismiss my work of the last 38 years and in particular the research I have done that is documented and published in my book?

SDH3: I haven't seen and thus haven't read your book. That said, I think you're being a bit hyper-sensitive. I've been on this forum for 12 years and so know something of your voluminous work and research. FWIW, I wasn't including you or anyone in this group in that remark. Odd that you'd assume so.

PTV: Perhaps you'd care to review it and rethink your statement?

Really ...sounds to me you were being all inclusive?
r.e.
Originally Posted by sdh3

"SDH3: I don't know of anyone that's done a systematic analysis of natal charts--or any other charts--that also includes in-depth consideration of the symbols. ..."

Perhaps we have a difference in the understanding of semantics?

As for Blain: He read what I had written him in those emails, it was after he read of my findings that He wrote that He was unable to conduct further correspondence. He mentioned no such trouble after reading a few emails prior to that.

I also didn't state that you had to have read my book to make such a claim.... I was however inferring that there is ample such writings posted here within the forum, most especially the second oldest post I have in existence here at the forum which dates back to 2008, that thread is titled "The Birth Chart of Jesus?" ...while one can honestly say it is speculative at best, as it can't be absolutely proven to be the birth chart of the Nazarene [and hence why I included a question mark at the end of the title for that thread] I do have quite a number of other, confirmed, natal charts throughout the forum in which I give such a systematic analysis.
I know that you are a busy man, and not retired like myself, and thus you likely must be judicious in how you spend your time, such as the time it takes to spend in reading such posts and threads as there are here in the forum. If that being the case, then may I please ask you to be a bit more thoughtful before posting such blanket statements in the future?
Respectfully, ptv :smile:

Last edited: