Request: a KP system chart reading

Kannan

Astrospirit

KP system also follows only Vimshottary Dasa System to pin point the exact time of events

Major Differences From Vedic:
  • KP system gives importance to the Constellations and their divisions into further 9 subdivisions called 'SUBS'. These sub divisions are not equal in size, but are based on Vimshottari Dashas System.
  • KP uses Placidus House division. like Western astrology, using Cusps that is house/ bhav beginning as opposed to Vedic System which uses House Centres i.e. Bhav Madhyas.
  • The planet in it's dasha gives results as per it's Star-Lord rather than the planet itself. Hence Planet represents the SOURCE, its Star-Lord represents the EFFECTS and the Planet's Sub decides the final RESULT, positive or negative.
  • RULING PLANETS (RP): Unique Concept of KP for Powerful Divine Guidance during predictions. RP is also used for correcting birth time
  • K.P. System uses K.P. Ayanamshas as opposed to Lahiri Ayanamshas mostly used in Vedic System. The difference between these two however is about 6 arch-minutes only
For judging your horoscope pl.give more details about you with specific issues , which is better than general analysis . Also make some attempt in reading the horoscope youself first as expected in the Forum. Does't matter whether it is Vedic or KP.

Regards

Kannan

• KP system gives importance to the Constellations and their divisions into further 9 subdivisions called 'SUBS'. These sub divisions are not equal in size, but are based on Vimshottari Dashas System.
  • The planet in it's dasha gives results as per it's Star-Lord rather than the planet itself. Hence Planet represents the SOURCE, its Star-Lord represents the EFFECTS and the Planet's Sub decides the final RESULT, positive or negative.

But then what about other factors such as dignity, house lordship and house placement? Are/Do the results of the star-lord & sub-lord given/take precedence over the factors mentioned in the previous line including those not mentioned?

• KP uses Placidus House division. like Western astrology, using Cusps that is house/ bhav beginning as opposed to Vedic System which uses House Centres i.e. Bhav Madhyas.

This would then change the planets position in houses. May i know what is the relationship between this and star-lord/sub-lord, calculation-wise?

For judging your horoscope pl.give more details about you with specific issues , which is better than general analysis . Also make some attempt in reading the horoscope youself first as expected in the Forum. Does't matter whether it is Vedic or KP.

Specifically i would like to know what the current dasha(jupiter) and future dasha periods have in store for me. Will jupiter create hindrances for me in my future such as career, family, etc.?

Thanks

Kannan

But then what about other factors such as dignity, house lordship and house placement? Are/Do the results of the star-lord & sub-lord given/take precedence over the factors mentioned in the previous line including those not mentioned?

This would then change the planets position in houses. May i know what is the relationship between this and star-lord/sub-lord, calculation-wise?

Specifically i would like to know what the current dasha(jupiter) and future dasha periods have in store for me. Will jupiter create hindrances for me in my future such as career, family, etc.?

Thanks

Exaltation and Debility of planets are not mainly considered in KP, but house placement and house lordship, yes . These two are very important. But the key to KP astrlogy is Star lord and Sublord. I cannot explain in full length in this space. I suggest your reading some books by K S Krishnamurhty to acquire the basic concepts of KP . Coming from Chennai,the home of KP astrology, it should not be difficult for you to get the books.

Quote:This would then change the planets position in houses. May i know what is the relationship between this and star-lord/sub-lord, calculation-wise?

Yes houses will be different. For example take your chart with Asc. at 22.27, Jupiter is placed in 6H at 13.35 as per Placidus house division and in the constellation of Sravana star whose lord is Moon and Sub of Rahu in 8H in Aries sign

Quote:.Specifically i would like to know what the current dasha(jupiter) and future dasha periods have in store for me. Will jupiter create hindrances for me in my future such as career, family, etc.?

You are running Jupiter Dasa until 2020. Jupiter in the star of Moon 12 lord placed in 10 and Sublord of Jupiter is Rahu in 8 . Since Rahu is in the sign of Mars he will also signify 4/9 lord in 1.. As such you will earn a career in foreign country (10,9,12) with good growth and potential. 8th signification might act as an occational barrier depending on subperiods you will be running.

Regards

Kannan

Kannan

Astrospirit

Yes in the Traditional Vedic house division Rahu is in 9. As I told you KP is based on Placidus house division and accordingly Rahu is in 8H , not in 9H Note the first house starts at 22.20 in Leo . (Incidentally I am sorry I erred in my previous post regarding the placement of Jupiter,who is in 5H in capricorn, not in 6H.). I have posted below KP vedic chart in Western wheel format for your study. (Note this chart is drawn on Sidreal zodiac using Lahiri Ayanamsa, not KP Ayanamsa--the difference however is very minute). If need be you can transfer this into a square chart manually

Saturn is in the next dasa period is found in Jupiter's constellation 5/8 lord in 5 and sub of Rahu again. Jupiter is a strong significater of 5 blessing you with a happy family and chidren.

Regards

Kannan

Thank You Kannan sir,
I was using jhora software to draw the chart. Won't rahu have a strong malefic influence? Is it the lord of the 6th(aquarius) sitting in the 8th.

Last edited:

Kannan

JHora is a good software giving many options. It provides KP data like star lord, sublord etc. for equal house system only. As per Placidus house system followed in KP, Rahu is in 8. Hence all the trouble in your career , not if he is placed in 9. As I told you your running dasa is now Jupiter who is sitting in the constellaion of Moon 12 lord in 10 and sub of Rahu in 8 This means Jupiter in his dasa period will deal with the functions of 10(career) ,but whether whetjher it will be a sccess or not is decided by the sublord Rahu. But SL Rahu is in 8 , hence the misfortune. Perhaps when you cross the rest of the different Bhukthi periods, some benefic change might occur

Rahu has no lordship . Some astrologers say Rahu is the owner of Aquarius along with Saturn

I do not know any details about you , except you were born in Chennai. Where are you now and what about your family ? Which religion you belong to, to enable me to suggest remedies. If you give some significant events happened in your life, good or bad, only then it will help astrologers in their prediction.

Best wishes

Kannan