Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

Does a "strict Vegan diet" prohibit cooked foods?
Nope, not that I have heard of. A raw diet is for health reasons. I thought about it for a bit but, nah. A strict vegan diet would restrict food colourings, since by law they have to be tested on animals and vegans are against animal testing. I’m looking into it more as I only read about that at the weekend just gone. I hate the idea of animal testing but there is a blurred line that begins, like, you would have to be against all medicine if you were going to be consistent. I didn’t opt for the Covid vaccine but I wouldn’t say no to other medicine.

When I was having an argument on here about Veganism a few month’s back, a few people thought it was funny to constantly repeat back that plants have feelings. I looked up what the blurred line would be for when an animal is sentient and when it is not, and it was for things like tiny water creatures that you could argue are not.

I also started looking into UK animal testing and it was very disheartening at first to learn how much animal testing went on that I was not aware of. However, since following some movements for a few weeks now, there has been some major achievements - there was one movement where they aimed to shut down a farm for rabbits - they constantly harassed the farmer Phil with peaceful protests, and some even broke in and liberated some of his rabbits - he began to spend so much on security it was no longer a financially viable business for him - so he decided to cave and agree to hand the rabbits over 🐰🐰 (PETA took the credit from the grassroots animal movement that actually accomplished this and tried to divert funding to themselves).

I have also been following the MBR Beagles movement - they also liberated 3 Beagles from a puppy farm a few weeks ago. But what about the 1000s more with no end in sight? This is a huge (American) corporate company, not some local farmer called Phil. I have been very disheartened since there was no end in sight and a meagre email to my local MP and received a reply that he was in favour of it. Well, just last week, the movement received a huge success in the form of publicity by being on mainstream breakfast tv - instigated by Meghan and Harry recently adopting a Beagle and saying they are against the UK testing of them, so it gave the movement coverage. 🐶 🐶

It’s simply amazing that what looks like insurmountable odds can eventually reach progress!!!

Last edited:

david starling

Ah ok that makes sense, the UK will probably follow suit eventually.

We go by cm3 and not gallon’s.

With regards to sewerage, you get customers who do a lot of gardening wondering why they are charged the same amount for water usage for their drainage charges as they are their fresh water. Usually they have read something on a forum and they call determined to be billed separately. Doesn’t happen though, but I see their point.

I can imagine the drought caps have hit businesses like landscaper’s hard. When I think of USA, I think of big gardens and water sprinkler’s. Just from the movies.

I'm expert at installing "drip irrigation". That helps for landscape watering using less water, and the plants like the regularity.

I used to do a lot of lawn installation, but they use too much water, so not much of that now.

Blaze

Account Closed
You act as if these neighbours had allegiance to each other in the first place. Easy to sell someone out that you barely interact with (not all neighbours are created equal)
Bad neighbors get the blasting rap music/wild party combo until 3 am on a workday. If they complain at anytime, then it happens again until 4 am. Repeat process until absolute submission of the bad neighbor.

If they like to party hard, then befriend the house owner and bang his wife.

I'm probably joking. Maybe. This is not advice.

Ukpoohbear

Why do you need to sell anyone out at all? ‘Keep your eyes closed and your mouth shut or I’ll give you a watering down with my hosepipe.’ (Or Blaze will f your wife) 😹

Blaze

Account Closed
I hear the farting just by reading the first line, heh. Cutting out veggies and seeds/grains did wonders for my health. Fiber was killing my gut. 😐

Edit - I put this here because it doesn't show up anymore.

Edit 2 - The edit returns

conspiracy theorist

Bad neighbors get the blasting rap music/wild party combo until 3 am on a workday. If they complain at anytime, then it happens again until 4 am. Repeat process until absolute submission of the bad neighbor.

If they like to party hard, then befriend the house owner and bang his wife.

I'm probably joking. Maybe. This is not advice.
Hmmm... where have I heard this plot before 🤔