Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

I would quite like Ben Wallace as a replacement just because he broke down and showed emotion about not being able to save all those who helped the mission in Afghanistan.

Even though he was against the Kabul Animal Rescue attempt going viral, as he thought it distracted from the human evacuation.

Defence Secretary Ben Wallace breaks down in tears: some ‘won’t get back’ from Afghanistan

I'm surprised that England would want a former American NBA basketball star for its Prime Minister.

Ben IS really tall though, so they can nickname him, "Big Ben!

Ukpoohbear

For the first time in the UK, temperatures of 40 degree Celsius have been forecast and the Met Office has issued the first ever Red weather warning for extreme heat.

I’ve booked a couple days off work next week to enjoy it. 🏝 ☀️

Opal

Premium Member
For the first time in the UK, temperatures of 40 degree Celsius have been forecast and the Met Office has issued the first ever Red weather warning for extreme heat.

I’ve booked a couple days off work next week to enjoy it. 🏝 ☀️
Do you get tornadoes in the UK?

Ukpoohbear

Do you get tornadoes in the UK?

I’m pretty sure we’ve technically had a tornado before, although it wouldn’t have caused any damage and would have basically been pint sized.

It’s the same with earthquakes, they would have been too low on the Richter scale to even notice or cause damage but they still happen.

Flooding has been quite bad in recent years. Mainly lower and middle England though.

Where I stay, thanks to the winds or something, we also have a mild area for the weather. Some winters it can still feel like you are in Russia it’s that cold, although the last 4 winters have been really mild.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I was just going to continue the conversation I was having with LunarLioness and let her know I enjoyed the movie she recommended to me but it says her account is closed 😿

Someone else from the UK came on here about 2 years ago who also closed their account, and it kinda reminded me of her…