Random Thoughts, strictly Text

david starling

In recent years (like within the last 7 years) The Counselor.

I can't binge movies and shows... I take literal years to get through the first season of series.

When I was a kid, living with my parents, I did end up enjoying watching the Wizard of Oz, and a few Christmas movies a number of times, kind of like a seasonal thing. That Jimmy Stewart one, and the Ebenezer Scrooge, Charles Dickens classic were pretty good.

Ukpoohbear

I like a good war movie. Saving Private Ryan can be watched more than once.

For this time of year 🎃 I’m going to re-watch Death Becomes Her.

Breaking Bad is a tv series than can be watched more than once, as can HBO’s Rome.

Blaze

We just sorted our Cd's. It was a chore.
During the move, I gave away a box filled with 80s/70s Cd's. Michael Jackson, Prince, Iron Maiden, Ozzy. Was told they were worth something, but what good are Cd's without a player to listen?

Besides, the 16 year old kid who got them needs to hear what good music actually is. Modern day radio is mostly washed up soulless crash grabbing ear trash, for lack of better words.

Oddity

The Shinning. Stephen Kings book was a bore, but the movie was much better.

An online buddy of mine wanted me to watch Stranger Things, but four seasons is too much of a commitment for me.
The first season is ace. After that, it's okay, but you're not missing much, if anything. Would highly recommend watching that much.

Oddity

Rewatchable movies: Lord of the Rings (yeah, me and a million other people, no apologies).

The feelgood/comfort stuff: The Full Monty, That Sinking Feeling (only in the original Glaswegian, accept no English dubs).

david starling

Time to "put on our thinking-caps". The Moon will ingress Gem in less than an hour.

That's for Mod astrologers, because the expression originated in the early 19tn Century. For Trads, the correct expression is "put on our considering-caps", because that was the earliest version, and originated in the 1600's. ;)

CapAquaPis

In our lives when Saturn is below the ascendant (from 1st to cusp 6th-7th houses) or below the horizon, persons might go inward, start to shy away from others and a higher risk of depression than most. From Jul-Aug 2004, Saturn dipped under my ASC of 17-18' Cancer, just when I moved out of my Mom's house to my own apartment (3 of them in the last 18 years) and its bottom or IC is 3' Libra in late 2009-mid 2010 in the middle of the Great recession. When Saturn is above my DSC at 17-18' Capricorn, chances of a social life improves, except the COVID pandemic, recession and my Mom's passing in the last 2-some years, I don't know I would have improvements in work, wealth, health and love starting next year in 2023 when Saturn transit Pisces after its current placement in my natal sun/moon sign Aquarius affecting me in the worse way. My natal Saturn is in 25' Virgo in the 3rd house and it should have reached the DSC in Jan and Sep 1990 when I was 10 and it should have to do with an epiphany of one's life to guide them to their inspirations, passion and mission to reach their goal...when Saturn is in their MC in 3' Aries on May and Oct 1996, and finally, Jan-Feb 1997 when I was still a teenager on the month I just turned 17.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

Ah, another person experiencing a transit Saturn to Moon. Hope you’re over the worst of it CAP.

I have experienced the negative side of Saturn too but I’ve also noticed, when it’s not too harsh, it can give me a nice ‘thud’ back to reality.

Blaze

Lots of air in the....air. Sun/Merc/Venus in Libra, Moon/Mars in Gemini and grumpy old gas-man in Aqua.

Good day for round 2 with a client of mine. Like my old mentor taught me: "If you can nail the wife to the property, you've got a 95% chance at a sale. If you can nail the wife IN the property, it's a 99% chance."

Crazy bas'tard he was. :LOL:

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Ah, another person experiencing a transit Saturn to Moon. Hope you’re over the worst of it CAP.

I have experienced the negative side of Saturn too but I’ve also noticed, when it’s not too harsh, it can give me a nice ‘thud’ back to reality.
You meant Saturn transit my natal moon (2nd of 3 times in a year from Feb-Mar 2022 to Feb-Mar 2023, the 2nd time is at retrograde)...yes, I felt more angry, anxious, depressed, stressed, dramatic and traumatized than any time of my life, and in the middle of my expected life span (the Aquarian ruling Uranus orbits the sun every 84 years, it's approaching a natal opposition since its currently in Taurus).

Last edited:

CapAquaPis

Speaking of which: Saturn in Aquarius (Echo boom or gen Y, just when the cold war ended), Uranus in Aquarius (Millennial or gen Y2k, the 9-year peace-progress-and-prosperity period), Neptune in Aquarius (Post 9-11 or gen Z, or the Great Recession) and next year, Pluto in Aquarius (gen Beta projected to be born after Alpha, or should I call them Post-COVID pandemic). Gens Y 1-2, Z 1-2 (mid 2000s vs early 2010s kids), Alpha and Beta. The current generations of youth are digital natives (all 4 of em) and a more tolerant society or culture when it comes to LGBTQ identities (esp Nep-Aqus), but I worry they aren't having many IRL relationships (esp Sat-Aqus 1990s) and not entering independence in early adulthood (esp Ura-Aqus). And the future generation ahead in the rest of the 2020s, many countries around the world are experiencing a "decline" of some kind, most notably China, Russia and 200 other nations whether politically, socially and culturally, the US remains the lone global superpower doing great internationally, but is really bad domestically, and I predict in 2030, they'll grow up in a world republic of some kind with an universal crypto-currency backed by NFTs.