Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Opal

We live close to a small church. I know the caretaker quite well, he comes over for coffee when we shovel snow together.

They have wanted us to visit for years.

We were talking with them last week and said we really liked Jamaican food. So, they invited us to service and dinner.

What a fun experience!

Not a convert, but the food was fabulous! And the music. Spectacular!

david starling

We live close to a small church. I know the caretaker quite well, he comes over for coffee when we shovel snow together.

They have wanted us to visit for years.

We were talking with them last week and said we really liked Jamaican food. So, they invited us to service and dinner.

What a fun experience!

Not a convert, but the food was fabulous! And the music. Spectacular!
Is it a Jamaican congregation?

Ukpoohbear

CT posted a couple of weeks ago on a threads so it seems like he pops in and out every so often. He seems to re-emerge when Bunraku is about, so he probably only wants to participate when his group is here.

Apple has been incognito for ages. It’s such a shame cos he’s good fun to have around. He had a falling out with Passi and hasn’t really returned since then I don’t think, although his presence was flaky before that.

I miss seeing the wee group of rascals jumping about. They were always up to something and it made you wonder what.

Actually, I’ve noticed the forum get a lot quieter in the last couple of years in general.

david starling

Looks like Saturn and Pluto retrograde is having a depressing effect on everyone.

That lasts until early-to-late October.

Happy Halloween everybody!

Meanwhile, more coffee. Or, strong tea, as the case may be.

Ukpoohbear

I wonder if YouTube links are allowed on this thread now? It used to just post a url to the link but now it posts a full image with it.

Time has a way of blurring pre-laid lines.

Ukpoohbear

I haven’t heard of that movie but I’ll look into it. I’d be up for a theme of horse movies after such a good start with Warhorse.

I’ll check out Seabiscuit. I’m also tempted to watch ‘National Velvet,’ which is also a horse movie and was Elizabeth Taylor’s breakout role when she was a child.

Osamenor

Staff member
I wonder if YouTube links are allowed on this thread now? It used to just post a url to the link but now it posts a full image with it.

Time has a way of blurring pre-laid lines.

That's what it defaults to on this software, but you can post a link to a video without embedding the actual video. I edited your post to make it a link instead. Here's how:

1. Type the text you want the link to be in the reply box. Above, I made it "War Horse Trailer."

2. Open the video on YouTube and copy its url.

3. Return to your post and select the text for your link.

4. In your post's toolbar, open the Insert link icon. It's the one that looks like a chain link.

5. Paste the video's url into the URL box and save.

You now have a hyperlink, in keeping with the strictly text rule.

Alternately, you can just open the Insert Link icon, paste the url into the URL box, and type the text for your hyperlink into the text box, all in one fell swoop.

Last edited:

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I haven’t heard of that movie but I’ll look into it. I’d be up for a theme of horse movies after such a good start with Warhorse.

I’ll check out Seabiscuit. I’m also tempted to watch ‘National Velvet,’ which is also a horse movie and was Elizabeth Taylor’s breakout role when she was a child.

National velvet; never heard of that one but sounds like a good title for a start and has Elizabeth Taylor. Sounds like star ⭐️ quality. If it had Richard burton too, that would be golden chemistry lol

Good horse movies sounds nice and calming

Ukpoohbear

yes I’ve seen Taming of the Shrew it was on tv randomly one day and I started watching it out of curiousity for it being a Shakespeare movie and kept watching it because the acting was so good. It was only after I realised it was ET and RB because I didn’t know much about them at the time. It’s a role that suits them both well - ET with her fiery antics and RB with his baritone voice and Bard acting background.