Random Thoughts, strictly Text

Ukpoohbear

I wonder if YouTube links are allowed on this thread now? It used to just post a url to the link but now it posts a full image with it.

Time has a way of blurring pre-laid lines.

Ukpoohbear

I haven’t heard of that movie but I’ll look into it. I’d be up for a theme of horse movies after such a good start with Warhorse.

I’ll check out Seabiscuit. I’m also tempted to watch ‘National Velvet,’ which is also a horse movie and was Elizabeth Taylor’s breakout role when she was a child.

Osamenor

Staff member
I wonder if YouTube links are allowed on this thread now? It used to just post a url to the link but now it posts a full image with it.

Time has a way of blurring pre-laid lines.

That's what it defaults to on this software, but you can post a link to a video without embedding the actual video. I edited your post to make it a link instead. Here's how:

1. Type the text you want the link to be in the reply box. Above, I made it "War Horse Trailer."

2. Open the video on YouTube and copy its url.

3. Return to your post and select the text for your link.

4. In your post's toolbar, open the Insert link icon. It's the one that looks like a chain link.

5. Paste the video's url into the URL box and save.

You now have a hyperlink, in keeping with the strictly text rule.

Alternately, you can just open the Insert Link icon, paste the url into the URL box, and type the text for your hyperlink into the text box, all in one fell swoop.

Last edited:

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
I haven’t heard of that movie but I’ll look into it. I’d be up for a theme of horse movies after such a good start with Warhorse.

I’ll check out Seabiscuit. I’m also tempted to watch ‘National Velvet,’ which is also a horse movie and was Elizabeth Taylor’s breakout role when she was a child.

National velvet; never heard of that one but sounds like a good title for a start and has Elizabeth Taylor. Sounds like star ⭐️ quality. If it had Richard burton too, that would be golden chemistry lol

Good horse movies sounds nice and calming

Ukpoohbear

yes I’ve seen Taming of the Shrew it was on tv randomly one day and I started watching it out of curiousity for it being a Shakespeare movie and kept watching it because the acting was so good. It was only after I realised it was ET and RB because I didn’t know much about them at the time. It’s a role that suits them both well - ET with her fiery antics and RB with his baritone voice and Bard acting background.

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
yes I’ve seen Taming of the Shrew it was on tv randomly one day and I started watching it out of curiousity for it being a Shakespeare movie and kept watching it because the acting was so good. It was only after I realised it was ET and RB because I didn’t know much about them at the time. It’s a role that suits them both well - ET with her fiery antics and RB with his baritone voice and Bard acting background.

I found it funny and I agree the acting was good. They have made so many versions of that film with different actors but that’s the best film because I’m of them too. ET is fire 🔥 in it but then Richard b gives it some too. I love old movies. Yes, they can be outdated values but that was normal during the time the movie was made.
I don’t know what it is astrological wise, I could do with looking at themes on astrotheme, but there is a different kind of beauty to the old Hollywood stars. Unreal, jaw dropping kind of beauty. Even the makeup is so stunning compared to this day and age and that’s strange especially as there is more available in makeup nowadays. More advanced

david starling

I replied to my own https post with the large picture, and that shrank it down to pretty much just the song title and singing group. Then I removed the original post with the large picture by editing and Xing it out. I think it now qualifies well enough as "text only".

In the song, it's an outlaw, singing to his horse as they ride through the night. Thought c.t. might like it.

The lyrics are by Woody Guthrie.

Last edited:

Ukpoohbear

I found it funny and I agree the acting was good. They have made so many versions of that film with different actors but that’s the best film because I’m of them too. ET is fire 🔥 in it but then Richard b gives it some too. I love old movies. Yes, they can be outdated values but that was normal during the time the movie was made.
I don’t know what it is astrological wise, I could do with looking at themes on astrotheme, but there is a different kind of beauty to the old Hollywood stars. Unreal, jaw dropping kind of beauty. Even the makeup is so stunning compared to this day and age and that’s strange especially as there is more available in makeup nowadays. More advanced
Yes Taming of the Shrew has very much outdated values, which was normal at the time. I kind of like to see writer’s, or people who I look up to in general, to think outside the box and so it would have been better to see Shakespeare be a bit more of a feminist. Although I think he wrote a lot of his plays with needing to be approved or appealing to the Royal family, so his plays would have had to have been typical of its time in order to be accepted.

Yes I love the Hollywood beauty, I know Marilyn Monroe’s era had Neptune in Leo which describes the Golden Age of Hollywood well, although Elizabeth Taylor has Neptune in Virgo, but she has Neptune aspects and Pisces placements.

A lot of people think that the hourglass shape was more popular back then due to MM being famous for her curves but actually ‘thin has always been in,’ and MM in particular was slated by the press for being overweight. It was only in the 60’s due to medical/illness problems and surgeries, that MM lost weight and was even thinner than she was in her early 20s. She did look amazing.

As for Elizabeth Taylor, even though she was plump and her weight fluctuated a lot, she wasn’t slated as much. This was probably because MM was famous for being a sex symbol, whereas ET was a mother and had been an actress since she was a child, so she was more accepted by the industry, and the press was easier on her too, with regards to her weight anyway. Although during the beginning of her affair with Richard Burton, the press erupted and coined the affair ‘la scandalé’ and the affair was even condemned by the Vatican!

But anyway, for beauty standards, women have always had the pressure to be skinny. It’s probably because of its youthful connotations.

conspiracy theorist

I replied to my own https post with the large picture, and that shrank it down to pretty much just the song title and singing group. Then I removed the original post with the large picture by editing and Xing it out. I think it now qualifies well enough as "text only".

In the song, it's an outlaw, singing to his horse as they ride through the night. Thought c.t. might like it.

The lyrics are by Woody Guthrie.
What's the name of the song? I'll check it out. Oddly more than one person has said that Halsey's song "Colors" reminds them of me....

How yall been doing on here? I notice the forum change and meh... at least it's prettier to look at on mobile

Been walking on crutches for the passed month and basically told to rest until am good again. Some **** reached me m8s

LunarLioness00

Account Closed
Yes Taming of the Shrew has very much outdated values, which was normal at the time. I kind of like to see writer’s, or people who I look up to in general, to think outside the box and so it would have been better to see Shakespeare be a bit more of a feminist. Although I think he wrote a lot of his plays with needing to be approved or appealing to the Royal family, so his plays would have had to have been typical of its time in order to be accepted.

Yes I love the Hollywood beauty, I know Marilyn Monroe’s era had Neptune in Leo which describes the Golden Age of Hollywood well, although Elizabeth Taylor has Neptune in Virgo, but she has Neptune aspects and Pisces placements.

A lot of people think that the hourglass shape was more popular back then due to MM being famous for her curves but actually ‘thin has always been in,’ and MM in particular was slated by the press for being overweight. It was only in the 60’s due to medical/illness problems and surgeries, that MM lost weight and was even thinner than she was in her early 20s. She did look amazing.

As for Elizabeth Taylor, even though she was plump and her weight fluctuated a lot, she wasn’t slated as much. This was probably because MM was famous for being a sex symbol, whereas ET was a mother and had been an actress since she was a child, so she was more accepted by the industry, and the press was easier on her too, with regards to her weight anyway. Although during the beginning of her affair with Richard Burton, the press erupted and coined the affair ‘la scandalé’ and the affair was even condemned by the Vatican!

But anyway, for beauty standards, women have always had the pressure to be skinny. It’s probably because of its youthful connotations.

Neptune and Pisces makes sense. Like a surreal beauty.
The trouble or problem is MM was classed as curvy and she looked amazing but in realistic terms and the average women, she was slim. Our size U.K. 16 these days compared to sizes back then which were a ‘16’ is completely different. Regardless of age MM was very beautiful and it’s heartbreaking what she went through.

Ukpoohbear

Well for some reason people think MM was classed as plus size back then but she wasn’t, I don’t know what size they would have called her back then but she was never plus sized. You could see her hour glass curves when she was slim. It was probably the proportions of her body where the curvy rumour came from. She was slim yet curvy, although her weight did fluctuate but even at her biggest she wasn’t plus sized.

One thing I have noticed about MM is I have never seen a look-a-like that compares to her, people just can’t seem to be able to pinpoint what made her so attractive. Most women end up looking like drag queens or noticeably uglier. Don’t even get me started on Michelle Williams who was a terrible choice. Even when they choose someone who looks conventionally more beautiful than her, by the time they are dressed up in their Marilyn Monroe gear, they do not look as attractive as her. Take the most recent lookalike, Ana de Armas, whose movie is coming out later this year. She is a beautiful girl but she doesn’t have ‘it.’ No one has ‘it’ when they try to be like Marilyn Monroe.

Blonde movie trailer - Ana de Armas