Random Thoughts, Astrological Only

Oddity

The 1929 Aries ingress for Manhattan has Scorpio rising, south node in 1, Saturn at 0 Cap in 2 opposing Mars at 3 Cancer in 8 (conjunct Fortuna), and sun at 0 Aries in 5. Not a happy combination.

Haven't really looked at the autumn ingress yet.

david starling

Just read some things about singer Marvin Gaye's death, today being his birthday. It was "suicide by father"--the equivalent of sbc, "suicide by cop". His brother said that Marvin's last words were, "I couldn't do it myself, so I made him do it for me." Marvin not only deliberately triggered his father's murderous rage, the gun used had been a gift that he, himself, had given to Marvin Sr.

Since the death-date and place is known, I'm wondering if anyone knows time of death, or has done a celebrity chart on this.

From what I read, Marvin was able to inspire, express and give love, but unable to experience receiving it.

Last edited:

david starling

Moon's in Sagittarius, having a busy time at the moment: Trine Chiron, Venus and Sun in Aries, but also in opposition to the NN and Mars conjunction in Gem.

david starling

For me it's more like the wind is so relaxing that I can help but to kick my feet up. I did contact some people and based on the good news I can get something done within a shorter time-span. A clarification of the road ahead.

Yes, smooth sailing, no tacking necessary.

A real test for the true meaning of what the retrograde effect is all about coming up soon for Jupiter, June 21st thru October 18th.

Last edited:

conspiracy theorist

Yeah, the Moon conj. Jupiter is emphasized in my upcoming LR, as it hugs the MC. I figure this emphasis will allow me to determine the key events/issues of this transit in the greater context of the natal promise.

Do you look at lunar returns?

david starling

Yeah, the Moon conj. Jupiter is emphasized in my upcoming LR, as it hugs the MC. I figure this emphasis will allow me to determine the key events/issues of this transit in the greater context of the natal promise.

Do you look at lunar returns?

I'm too busy dealing with the Lunar transits, where each Sign changes my mood, and affects everyone around me from my perspective. Quite a chunk of rock!

My SR Moon is now in Taurus in H3. It's a huge improvement over having it in Capricorn on my I.C.

conspiracy theorist

Coincidentally, I have Taurus Moon in the current SR. But it's not a pure message since it's conj. Uranus on the IC. Two weeks from the start of this current SR, I had a choice on how this aspect would play out. I opted for the one that would give me the "cleanest" beginning -- even though both choices would've resulted in collateral damage. I chose to contextualise the Pluto/Saturn/Jupiter at AC as "new era". With the earth element dominance, I'm aiming for a firm base.

david starling

Pluto in Aquarius will be a game changer, like it has been in Capricorn. I'm predicting major improvements for the world in general.

There's a Moon/Pluto conjunction in Cap coming up in about 5 hours.

My SR Taurus Moon is unaspected, which is probably for the best in my case.

CapAquaPis

The Sun+Sirius rise on Sep 11, but 72 years ago due to precision or shifting degrees, it was on Sep 10, and 154 years ago it was on Sep 9. Note in 2001, the 9/11 terrorist attacks when the Sun+Sirius rise is on Sep 11-12, in 1973, the military coup by Pinochet to take down Allende in Chile on Sep 10-11, and in 1850, the state of California was admitted to the US on Sep 9-10. In 1752, the British adopted the Gregorian calendar by taking off 11 days (imagine Sep 1 is now 11), thus the Sun+Sirius rise back then on the Julian calendar was Aug 30-31, but the 11-days gone calendar change made the date on Sep 8-9.

CapAquaPis

How many astrologers have their Sun in Aries?

The skeptics in astrology are the fire signs Aries, Leo and Sagittarius vs the more likely to believe in astrology are the air signs which are also masculine are Gemini, Libra and Aquarius (my own sun sign) who tries hard to not discuss astrology (Aries people are the least likely to follow their daily horoscopes).