Random Observation of the Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUPITERASC

9c358a9cdd9f295eab498471038f6b80.jpg

astro_novice

In the morning, my newly moved-in tenant, same age as I am, was moving her refrigerator with her daughter. She asked for my help to move it to second floor. I hesitated a bit since this is the first time that I move a refrigerator. But I'm afraid of them getting hurt. Just two women moving a heavy refrigerator, and wonder how they had done it before today. My tenant is a grandma. I asked if I have finally met the mommy of her grand-daughter. She told me that she doesn't know where her mommy is, and that this is her oldest daughter helping her.

At noon, I saw a homeless woman holding up her hand-written sign for help. I wanted to know whether she is genuine. Had to U-turn and park. Talked to her a bit & offer her a cleaning job of my garage. She was ecstatic at the opportunity of earning $20. Asked if her husband can come along. They were waiting for her husband's brother to pick them up in another 2 to 3 hours.

I caught the sight of his husband digging in the trash can to see if he could find something okay to drink. It turned out that it was a busy Sunday, and I couldn't find the time for them to come & clean. So I went back after 1.5 hour, gave them each $10. They said that they can clean next weekend when I have more time.

Later at night, saw another guy digging the trash can for recycled bottles. Each would have just paid 2.5 cent. I explained to my two kids on what that man is doing, while going into store. Then after one minute, I decided that I should give him $5, but he was gone already.

I live in a fairly okay neighborhood. But this is not the first nor the second time that I have seen people digging into trash cans for recycled bottles or what not. These days I don't throw away my bottles, but instead, I would leave them right besides the trash can, so that they could get the bottles without digging into the trash.

I wish that if I can make a lot of money, I would be able to help more people. But I can never make enough money, since there are always more needy people.

America is breaking down. So sad.

JUPITERASC

In the morning, my newly moved-in tenant, same age as I am, was moving her refrigerator with her daughter. She asked for my help to move it to second floor. I hesitated a bit since this is the first time that I move a refrigerator. But I'm afraid of them getting hurt. Just two women moving a heavy refrigerator, and wonder how they had done it before today. My tenant is a grandma. I asked if I have finally met the mommy of her grand-daughter. She told me that she doesn't know where her mommy is, and that this is her oldest daughter helping her.

At noon, I saw a homeless woman holding up her hand-written sign for help. I wanted to know whether she is genuine. Had to U-turn and park. Talked to her a bit & offer her a cleaning job of my garage. She was ecstatic at the opportunity of earning $20. Asked if her husband can come along. They were waiting for her husband's brother to pick them up in another 2 to 3 hours.

I caught the sight of his husband digging in the trash can to see if he could find something okay to drink. It turned out that it was a busy Sunday, and I couldn't find the time for them to come & clean. So I went back after 1.5 hour, gave them each $10. They said that they can clean next weekend when I have more time.

Later at night, saw another guy digging the trash can for recycled bottles. Each would have just paid 2.5 cent. I explained to my two kids on what that man is doing, while going into store. Then after one minute, I decided that I should give him $5, but he was gone already.

I live in a fairly okay neighborhood. But this is not the first nor the second time that I have seen people digging into trash cans for recycled bottles or what not. These days I don't throw away my bottles, but instead, I would leave them right besides the trash can, so that they could get the bottles without digging into the trash.

I wish that if I can make a lot of money, I would be able to help more people. But I can never make enough money, since there are always more needy people.

America is breaking down. So sad.
Hey well done :smile:
You can only do what you can

JOBLESS IN AMERICA & TENT CITIES discussion thread
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42293

SACRAMENTO HOMELESS DOCUMENTARY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E49x4nSrZJU

AMERICAS HOMELESS CAPITAL IN LOS ANGELES https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_RNwpLMPiiQ

TENT CITY IN DALLAS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb0auyln-v0

Random observation: there are many more ways to die than just physically. Have you ever met anyone who has died spiritually, emotionally, or mentally?

You're talking about zombies, right? :crying:

Zombies would go under both mental and spiritually dying. Its just something that I happened to read today and I thought it was an apt way to describe it. Most people are spiritually asleep, not dead. But imagine if someone was actually spiritually dead..? Like a psychopath.

Well have you met someone that did?

No I haven't. I wrote the question as more of a hypothetical question but now I think of it, a mate of mine said one of his mates knew a guy who had actually been diagnosed a psychopath. He was just a normal person, living his life, but he was a psychopath.

I don't think I can say I've met someone who has actually been dead in some way and it would have to be a rare eg to find someone who has actually died in one of those ways. I know a guy who *appears* to be spiritually dead, but not quite, as he has repressed his emotions.

AppLeo

No I haven't. I wrote the question as more of a hypothetical question but now I think of it, a mate of mine said one of his mates knew a guy who had actually been diagnosed a psychopath. He was just a normal person, living his life, but he was a psychopath.

I don't think I can say I've met someone who has actually been dead in some way and it would have to be a rare eg to find someone who has actually died in one of those ways. I know a guy who *appears* to be spiritually dead, but not quite, as he has repressed his emotions.

He must've been a Capricorn.

sibylline

Scorpios are like that too... And the rising is just a mask

Noooo, the Rising is not a mask. It seems like, for some, if they dislike their Rising they relegate Ascendants to masks, if they like their Ascendant they think the Ascendant defines the personality more than any other part of the chart.

The Ascendant is the outlook or outer approach to life. So it's more like a face or better yet, a skin -- nothing comes in or out without being filtered through the Ascendant. Even the expression of the Sun is altered due to the Ascendant, without taking into account the other planets. I know an Aries Sun and Mercury with a Virgo Rising; I can barely stand him. On the other hand, Bluebell is cool. :)

We also know Risings can't be masks because a person tends to embody any planet conjunct the ASC. If it were a superficial mask that doesn't represent the real person the planet would cease to be so important the more you got to know the person, but it doesn't.

conspiracy theorist

Noooo, the Rising is not a mask. It seems like, for some, if they dislike their Rising they relegate Ascendants to masks, if they like their Ascendant they think the Ascendant defines the personality more than any other part of the chart.

The Ascendant is the outlook or outer approach to life. So it's more like a face or better yet, a skin -- nothing comes in or out without being filtered through the Ascendant. Even the expression of the Sun is altered due to the Ascendant, without taking into account the other planets. I know an Aries Sun and Mercury with a Virgo Rising; I can barely stand him. On the other hand, Bluebell is cool. :)

We also know Risings can't be masks because a person tends to embody any planet conjunct the ASC. If it were a superficial mask that doesn't represent the real person the planet would cease to be so important the more you got to know the person, but it doesn't.

The kid doesn't want to own up to the fact that his Capricorn ASC is more than a mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.