Quintiles

Stellium6th

Have you realized the aspect itself is biased? I mean, it's staying about days in the same pattern for everybody who borns during those days; only the quintiles of Moon,asc and midheaven move around. Is this aspect made for the green dollar instead for real astrology? I don't think it should be used.

What do you think?

Dubyadude1986

First, no doubt that you probably know more about Q's than I do. Someone will show up and blow the roof off with an awesome answer - no doubt.

But, the universe is probably the least biased thing we have going for us collectively.

I have seen a lot of bias in interpretations. For example, Trump is going to lose lose lose the election despite those awesome charts, because people don't like him. He might lose, but it won't be because his chart sucked...

So maybe the interpretations can be biased, but the aspects don't have the ability to do this.

Don't forget that too many positive aspects and things like an abundance of sextiles and trines is not always beneficial. A ridiculous surplus of benefic aspects can be disastrous. For example, a surplus of trines and sextiles can lead to laziness via a lack of challenge.

Does the person want to do very little comfortably, or face a lot of challenges and possibly change the course of universal fate due to overcoming challenging aspects?

So, a malefic Quentile that doesn't move isn't necessarily a disadvantage. To say that an aspect is good or bad is largely dependent on what the native values.

Stellium6th

Well corrected. It's the interpretation and not the aspect which is biased, I agree. I'm not talking about the quintile being good or bad, though. All I am talking is about the fact that people borned in certain frame of 1 to 2 days will have many quintiles (more than 10): Are they all gonna be talented? Surely not.

katydid

Well corrected. It's the interpretation and not the aspect which is biased, I agree. I'm not talking about the quintile being good or bad, though. All I am talking is about the fact that people borned in certain frame of 1 to 2 days will have many quintiles (more than 10): Are they all gonna be talented? Surely not.

If there is indeed a two day period in which there are more than 10 exact quintiles being formed, than quite a few of those natives will be more talented than the average bear. That does not mean they will all succeed or even roll out any artistic or creative projects. But they will have a greater artistic, creative aesthetic than most, in my opinion.

It is like any aspect. The same with Mars opposed Pluto, square Saturn. There will be a few days where EVERYONE will be born with that aspect. And that is where house placements, rulership and ENVIRONMENT and HEREDITY come into play. Everyone born that day is under an exact malefic T-square.

IF someone is lucky enough to have them ,maybe, in cadent houses and have a beneficial chart ruler, AND have a loving environment to grow up in, and no hereditary negative influences, then they will possibly use this aspect in a positive way. they may be a strong military leader, a surgeon, a Deputy Sheriff, a strong union leader.

In other charts, there might be Saturn in the 4th, being squared by angular Mars/Pluto opposition. One of the three might be the chart ruler and have no positive aspects to the angles or the moon. And maybe they are raised in Foster homes and inherited difficult genes on top of it.

You can have hundreds of thousands of people with 'the same planets' in the sky, and have hundreds of thousands of varied outcomes.

We met a 'planetary twin' of our baby daughter in the hospital. The other girl was born a couple of hours later. They have almost all of the same aspects in their chart, including the same quintiles. :smile:

We have kept in touch with this family and our girls even went to the same schools growing up. We threw a lot of birthday parties together when they were little. And now @ 23, they are very very different from each other. Same quintiles, same Aquarius Moon , same Mercury opposed Pluto, same Sun in first degree of Gemini....different young ladies.

katydid

Yes, or the influence of certain aspects/patterns

No. Not at all. Like I explained, the influence of the aspects/patterns are there. But there are other influences as well. A child born in the poorest section of Mumbai might have the same Venus/ Neptune quintile as my daughter, who was raised in a nice suburb of Ventura County, California. My daughter had the abundant environment available to put that quintile[talent] to use because of the many opportunities available in Southern California.

That same aspect would be in effect in the child born in the slums of Mumbai but it would unfold in a different way.

sibylline

I don't use quintiles or other minor aspects but the fact that the aspects stay the same for more than a day doesn't mean they don't have an effect. The outer planets move slowly so aspects between them can last for years. These generational aspects can be quite important if they influence angles or personal planets. For example, the Saturn/Pluto conjunctions in the late 40s and early 80s is highly significant for people who have it in connection with angles or personal planets, e.g. Hillary Clinton.

And JMO, if someone is new to astrology I always say they should master the "meat" of astrology -- planets, signs, major aspects, houses, rulers, before moving on to the extras like minor aspects, asteroids, or even midpoints. The major parts of the chart say so much, much more than I've ever had time to deal with.

Doesn't it make you wonder/doubt, though?

I noticed you have Jupiter in Virgo and mostly earth signs/houses + Gemini. This makes you more planted in the realm of visible reality and inclined to question anything that can't be observed or firmly "proven". That is not a knock because I have Jupiter in earth as well but if there is one thing I do believe in, it is astrology. I've never met a person who doesn't fit their chart and I'd like to think I understand people pretty well since I've spent most of my adult life studying them.

Monk

Premium Member
I'm not that interested in interpretation, don't bother, modernist and traditionalist fight so much, and actually i'm an astronomer, but i have a number of quintiles, so may be of interest to modernists on this forum regarding my posts that can be looked up, my interest ends there!

Link below is old, just seeing what astrologers said, but from modernist viewpoint including dwarf Planets or Asteroids, link from another forum that is modern, i have no comment, i study electional paran astrology, thats very ancient, i'm easy to talk to, but don't think i'm going to comment about my own birth chart, because modern interpretation, opps dwarf planets and asteroids...i'm not saying modern is wrong...i'm saying i'm not getting involved, you can't shoot me for that!

http://www.mauricefernandez.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1989

katydid

I'm not that interested in interpretation, don't bother, modernist and traditionalist fight so much, and actually i'm an astronomer, but i have a number of quintiles, so may be of interest to modernists on this forum regarding my posts that can be looked up, my interest ends there!

Link below is old, just seeing what astrologers said, but from modernist viewpoint including dwarf Planets or Asteroids, link from another forum that is modern, i have no comment, i study electional paran astrology, thats very ancient, i'm easy to talk to, but don't think i'm going to comment about my own birth chart, because modern interpretation, opps dwarf planets and asteroids...i'm not saying modern is wrong...i'm saying i'm not getting involved, you can't shoot me for that!

http://www.mauricefernandez.com/phpbb3/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1989

WOW! That is the most Quintiles connected up like that I have ever seen!!! Very cool. :cool:

Dubyadude1986

And JMO, if someone is new to astrology I always say they should master the "meat" of astrology -- planets, signs, major aspects, houses, rulers, before moving on to the extras like minor aspects, asteroids, or even midpoints. The major parts of the chart say so much, much more than I've ever had time to deal with.

Cool, sometimes a little back to basics motivation is nice and refreshing. Thanks sibyline.

katydid

Funnily Plato believed that the Dodecahedron represented the Universe also, link below:-

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platonic_solid

In math regarding Phi or the Golden Ratio, the visual way to show it can be a pentacle or pentagon, and the Golden Ratio has been found in the Quantum world:-

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2010/01/100107143909.htm

However this is probably going off topic so i'd better shut up ha ha!

NO. Not really off topic. I think it is amazing to ponder.

My husband has never been totally 'on board' with astrology. Even though we have been married for over 30 years. But his Mercury in Aries in the 12th tries persistently to comprehend how it could possibly ' work. ' And he has seen that it does seem to work. He tested me a lot back when we first began dating.

Anyway, he is a philosopher and a quantum physics type of person. He is always up on what is going on with the edges of science. And he once saw a chart I had drawn up, for late August of 1956. And it had almost a Grand Quintile. And he looked at it and said what you just said===that it looked like the 'Golden Ratio' of Quantum Physics. He was very intrigued.

The one thing that does fascinate him is the 'drawings' symbolizing a chart pattern. It is the one thing that makes him think there might be 'something to' astrology being able to represent an individual.

The few people I have known with grand quintiles were very profoundly creative. Wild imaginations and free form type of thinking in two natives in particular.

The youngest native is a girl born on Oct 1st, 2004. Her mother was a long time astrology student and she showed me her child's chart. She is a very intuitively intelligent and talented girl. She can draw and paint and play the piano by ear. But she does not like to 'study' regular subjects and school has been difficult so far because she questions everything.

Monk

Premium Member
I'm getting tired now, so must go, but one of my crazy drawings about Phi below ha ha!

Attachments

• picture 76 40%.jpg
    picture 76 40%.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 20

Stellium6th

Your husband seems to be an intelligent person Katy. Doubting is the main point of believing, more than just gripping the belief without questions, which is ignorant IMO.

And very interesting Monk. And don't mind of the offtopic; this forum needs a bit of fresh blood running.