QUINTILES REVEALED: Learn how your Quintiles can positively affect personal image

Regulus Rising

Jenna Jupiter--

Mercury quintile Pluto signifies that people see you as thinking through things deeply or trying to grasp even the most minimal essential elements of a concept. I have a friend with this aspect and sometimes he has a sort of squint to his eyes when he's thinking. Hahaha-- I'm not saying everybody with this aspect does but, but you can Totally tell when they're thinking things through!!

Mercury quintile Jupiter displays a sharp and overactive mind to others. This is one of the quintiles that my many-quintiles Leo friend has. He supprisingly displays a good amount of intelligence in conversation despite the fact that he could actually care less about education!

Regulus Rising

Green? Hahahaha, I totally had this feeling after I posted my reply where my intuition was telling me "You know what....I might have hit this one off wrong" I shouldn't have gone that much in-depth! It's okay though, it's hard to read people's chart when you're not actually with them in person!

Based on what you just said, I think that the whole taking things personally thing might not necessarily be Neptune or quintiles as much as the Moon/Saturn conjunct the Ascendant. Moon/Ascendant people can be really gentile at times. But I totally know what you mean. When people say sarcastic things to me, sometimes I'll have this moment where I pause and try to figure out whether they meant it or whether they were just joking around. It's probably my Mercury in Taurus! Also, this is essentially the perception of what others see within you. And clearly, with all of these quintiles involved with the planets on your Ascendant, it's clear that these quintiles obviously mean something significant in your chart. Perhaps you intended to give off the impersonation of being able to feel people's emotions and have a developed sense of understanding for a reason...maybe you should be a writer!

Thinking about it, I actually realize that the keywords here are most likely impersonation and impression. If you think about it, Neptune rules illusions, and because it has a quintile thing going on with your Ascendant and the planets around it, that perhaps the way you present yourself to people is very important to you. I mean, everybody wants to present themselves well to others! But for you it's especially emphasized in your chart. And with Neptune there, it really allows you to play into this role whether you realize it or not.

Last edited:

Regulus Rising

WindWhispers--
I actually agree with the fact that it might not be quintile-related. Are you a Scorpio rising? You said that you have Pluto in the first...do you know where Lilith is your chart?

Regulus Rising

Night Sky--
You could be right about the semi-quintile aspect. However, I haven't looked into it much so I wouldn't be able to give you much info. But I will try my best to give you a personal interpretation of your SQ aspects!

I have:
Sun quintile Ascendant
Mars quintile Sun
Mars quintile Saturn
Venus quintile Descendant
Saturn biquintile sun

As you can see, having quintiles in my chart very much sparked my curiosity in the 5th harmonic! But you've got a Leo rising on the keyboard here, so let's not get started on me! Right now let's talk about what you wanna hear!

For Mercury quintile Ascendant, it's similar to my friend who I talked about in the first post. The appearance of being very easy to talk to and having skills in communication. It could also display to others a mind that is always thinking. Yet the funny thing about my friend was that he never really understood this ability he had until I explained it to him. And he was always so easy to talk to! I was almost suprised when he told me that he believed otherwise!

Jupiter biquintile Saturn-- any harmonious Jupiter/Saturn aspect has a strong connection with money and the ability to build finance. But it's also obviously about expansion of leadership and professionalism as well. That being said, people see within you a quality that connects back to making the bucks. Perhaps your career has to do with something where alot of money is involved on a daily basis, and therefore that image is somehow juxtaposed onto you as well. This is a great aspect for business!

Mercury semi-quintile Pluto-- I just told Jenna Jupiter that people with Mercury/Pluto quintiles typically tend to look like they think things through deeply. When they think, you can definitely see it. This is actually an interesting aspect to have because it shows people that you take into consideration everything that they say to you, which is actually really beneficial in some social situtations.

Pluto biquintile Descendant/ semi-quintile Ascendant-- Pluto biquintile the Descendant can make people think that you give it your all in your relationships and that you value them deeply. Have you ever had a roommate? If so, you'd understand how you usually very much have a strong relationship with your roommate, how you either love/hate your roommate, and how your relationship with your roommate can actually be an experience that can change You as a person. That being said, people probably realize how much you integrate your personal relationships into your life and make them as important to you as possible. In terms of romance, to the opposite sex you appear as a partner who will be commited to them at all costs. In a very mundane interpretation, you could appear somewhat possessive and intense in your relationships. Although I would not be at all suprised if this wasn't the case with you!
For the semi-quintile, I would say that as there appears a dedication to your relationships in general, there also appears to be a dedication on your goals and on life in general. Perhaps your relationships were a key element which helped you get to where you are today!

Moulin

Regulus Rising said:
Green? Hahahaha, I totally had this feeling after I posted my reply where my intuition was telling me "You know what....I might have hit this one off wrong" I shouldn't have gone that much in-depth! It's okay though, it's hard to read people's chart when you're not actually with them in person!

Based on what you just said, I think that the whole taking things personally thing might not necessarily be Neptune or quintiles as much as the Moon/Saturn conjunct the Ascendant. Moon/Ascendant people can be really gentile at times. But I totally know what you mean. When people say sarcastic things to me, sometimes I'll have this moment where I pause and try to figure out whether they meant it or whether they were just joking around. It's probably my Mercury in Taurus! Also, this is essentially the perception of what others see within you. And clearly, with all of these quintiles involved with the planets on your Ascendant, it's clear that these quintiles obviously mean something significant in your chart. Perhaps you intended to give off the impersonation of being able to feel people's emotions and have a developed sense of understanding for a reason...maybe you should be a writer!

Thinking about it, I actually realize that the keywords here are most likely impersonation and impression. If you think about it, Neptune rules illusions, and because it has a quintile thing going on with your Ascendant and the planets around it, that perhaps the way you present yourself to people is very important to you. I mean, everybody wants to present themselves well to others! But for you it's especially emphasized in your chart. And with Neptune there, it really allows you to play into this role whether you realize it or not.

It;s totally cool Regulus... l always wanted to have blue eyes hahaha :)

Yeah, you have mercury in taurus too huh? No wonder you can relate to that "is he being serious" moment!!!

I am not good at all with knowing a decent person from a lesser soul and often l get burnt by people as l trust them and they stab me in the back. It's like l see the illusion of the person and then the real person steps forward and l am shocked and disappointed. I get disappointed a lot but its good cos in turn, it adds to my growth.

Yes, maybe l should write. I will try writing for an hour every day and see if my inability to sit still for more than 10 mins can endure it :D

Tanks Regulus, so interesting!

Regulus Rising

R4VEN--
Mercury quintile Midheaven would mean that people see within you a quality that is very thoughtful and reflective in regard to career oriented matters. I read that you were a teacher. That alone is in fact quite a Mercury/Midheaven- like aspect! If you think about it, you're teaching others information that they will later use in their choice of career! So it would make sense that people will always see you as being both informative and continiously thoughtful on the subject matters in which you taught! You even said that you were, at one point, involved with counseling, which is all about helping others choose the path that would be best to take in order to fulfill their career endeavors!

Regulus Rising

Moulin--
Haha, yeah I completely relate to it, not gunna lie. Mercury in Taurus= Slow at times and proud of it! Sometimes I have to let my Leo rising take over and just be flashy, which gives me time to think. Of course, this is not a good trait at all lol but nonetheless it's worked for me in the past. I have Mercury conjunct Midheaven too, which somewhat helps I guess. But I still can be slow with the comebacks at times.

Luckily, I got to learn good communication by observing my mom, who has Mercury conjunct Venus in Gemini, both conjunct the Midheaven! Very nice considering that she has both her Exoteric and Esoteric rulers in Gemini! But she also has a way with words! So easy to talk to! She is one of the most graceful people I've ever seen when it comes to communication! She'd handle very important phone calls while writing casual emails on a daily basis-- and she wasn't distracted by it at all! I always told her that if she was a guy she would get all the ladies because she's so graceful with communication!

Anyways, I'm glad that you're thinking about Quintiles now! And now, I'm gonna go write for what is hopefully a very long time. If I'm capable of it (Mercury in Taurus), than I'm sure you are too, so just know that! : )

Regulus Rising said:
Entrevisions--
First off, you have North Node conjunct the Ascendant. Very nice! My Dad has the same thing. Leadership comes naturally to you. As far as your quintiles, I'm looking at Saturn quintile Uranus, Venus quintile Neptune, Moon quintile Venus, and Moon biquintile Neptune, correct?

Saturn quintile Uranus is very congruent with the rest of your chart, which is very efficient and trustworthy to get things done. People see your ability to stay on task and get things done. Very congruent with your Mars trine Uranus.

Here's where everything else gets interesting though.

Through all of the "efficient and reliable do it now" elements in your chart, there's also a very confident, laid back, creative air about you. Your Venus quintile Neptune gives a compassionate and almost romantic vibe to your personality.

Also, Moon quintile Venus and biquintile Neptune help to add onto this Venus/Neptune connection, where you look like you feel internally this Venus/Neptune connection. A very nice set-up!

To give you a better understand, let me explain my chart a bit. I have alot of downright silly and playful energy. Leo Asc, Gemini sun, Sag moon. But I have quintiles that also make me seem very durable and work-oriented (Mars quintile Sun, Mars quintile Saturn, and Saturn biquintile Sun). Suprisingly, when I'm in my work mode, people think that I'm a completely serious person, somber of any excitement in my life almost! Anyways, your quintiles sort of balance out your leadership qualities along with a compassion/romantic element that people see within you. I don't know if you find this to be an element of your life, but there's also the possibility of people being able to trust you because your skill to really connect with them somehow...as if it was almost natural.

Awesome! I have to recognize that you catch me here! My boss told me that i am "unique and efficient" but i always underestimate myself because i am perfectionnist, i got a colleague that have north node conjunct the ascendant and he is very dynamic, we are very close to keep our goals cleared ! I put compassion in all my relationship, feel the pain all around me and need to relieve it from others through verbal and technical skills. I would like to thank you for your insights regulus rising, you fly !

Last edited:

Night Sky

Regulus Rising said:
Night Sky--
You could be right about the semi-quintile aspect. However, I haven't looked into it much so I wouldn't be able to give you much info. But I will try my best to give you a personal interpretation of your SQ aspects!

I have:
Sun quintile Ascendant
Mars quintile Sun
Mars quintile Saturn
Venus quintile Descendant
Saturn biquintile sun

As you can see, having quintiles in my chart very much sparked my curiosity in the 5th harmonic! But you've got a Leo rising on the keyboard here, so let's not get started on me! Right now let's talk about what you wanna hear!

For Mercury quintile Ascendant, it's similar to my friend who I talked about in the first post. The appearance of being very easy to talk to and having skills in communication. It could also display to others a mind that is always thinking. Yet the funny thing about my friend was that he never really understood this ability he had until I explained it to him. And he was always so easy to talk to! I was almost suprised when he told me that he believed otherwise!

Jupiter biquintile Saturn-- any harmonious Jupiter/Saturn aspect has a strong connection with money and the ability to build finance. But it's also obviously about expansion of leadership and professionalism as well. That being said, people see within you a quality that connects back to making the bucks. Perhaps your career has to do with something where alot of money is involved on a daily basis, and therefore that image is somehow juxtaposed onto you as well. This is a great aspect for business!

Mercury semi-quintile Pluto-- I just told Jenna Jupiter that people with Mercury/Pluto quintiles typically tend to look like they think things through deeply. When they think, you can definitely see it. This is actually an interesting aspect to have because it shows people that you take into consideration everything that they say to you, which is actually really beneficial in some social situtations.

Pluto biquintile Descendant/ semi-quintile Ascendant-- Pluto biquintile the Descendant can make people think that you give it your all in your relationships and that you value them deeply. Have you ever had a roommate? If so, you'd understand how you usually very much have a strong relationship with your roommate, how you either love/hate your roommate, and how your relationship with your roommate can actually be an experience that can change You as a person. That being said, people probably realize how much you integrate your personal relationships into your life and make them as important to you as possible. In terms of romance, to the opposite sex you appear as a partner who will be commited to them at all costs. In a very mundane interpretation, you could appear somewhat possessive and intense in your relationships. Although I would not be at all suprised if this wasn't the case with you!
For the semi-quintile, I would say that as there appears a dedication to your relationships in general, there also appears to be a dedication on your goals and on life in general. Perhaps your relationships were a key element which helped you get to where you are today!

Regulus Rising,

Thanks very much for your interpretations, they are all very accurate and very descriptive of parts of my personality which I was indeed not really aware of. I have saved this in order to remind myself to use it creatively and make something of it.

With your Sun and Mars quintiles then you ought to be rather a lot stronger and more energetic than what you think you are. How do you interpret your own quintiles?

Please share those ideas... did anyone tell you about yourself like that before you realised it was there all along? Sun for self confidence... But then you also have Sun BBQ Saturn too... how does that work out? Hard aspect or positive constructive...? More like a sextile or more like a square?

There´s my Pluto Mercury Quintile kicking in no? I am intense with people, and have shared a house with room mates who changed me and I probably changed them even more. But then all relations are Plutonic... there is that obsessive in me... I have to know people inside out, and in doing so, they are not the same as when I met them after a short period of time. That aspect though is in effect on both Descendant and Ascendant SQ + BQ = 180 degrees, and it is so precise an aspect, the closest aspect in my natal chart.

Jupiter-Saturn: I think I would be good at business. Saturn is in house 2 in Scorpio. This is a possibility. But at the moment plans and ideas don´t go through to the next stage.

Steeler

Such an interesting post!

I would have never been able to come to the conclusion that Quintiles and
Biquintiles would work like the ascendant. Fascinating theory!

I wonder why some people can't access those gifts that these quintiles and biquintiles are supposed to show? I've also seen a few charts of people who have more quintiles than Einstein and they are average/normal people.
I guess there has to be more going on in the chart, huh?

Personally I have:
Mercury Quintile Venus
Venus biquintile Neptune
Moon biquintile MC
Uranus biquintile MC

When I communicate with people I don't know,
the reaction always tends to be the same...
"Huh?" With eyes wide open. It's...I don't get it.
I don't say anything weird and I don't look odd either so the reaction is just so...Argh.
Maybe Im paranoid or it's my self conscious Leo Rising. :/

My friends don't react like it though, thankfully.
But I do know that some people that get a bit freaked out about the amount of energy I have...:p

Last edited:

hiimnotcool

Hmm..Interesting. I have pretty ignorantly not given any thought to the quintiles in my chart. I assumed they didn't really have much 'force' because they aren't considered a 'major' aspect. This thread is very helpful. Thank you very much Regulus.

I'm wondering of Quintiles to sensitive/personal points like the AC/MC/North and South Node/Part of Fortune are something to consider?

Uh, I'll list mine just for fun.

Moon (Pis 04°53') Ascendant (Tau 16°12') wax. app. quintile (72°00') orb: 0°41'
Mercury (Leo 18°42') Pluto (Sco 02°35') wan. app. quintile (72°00') orb: 1°53'
Mars (Leo 23°07') Pluto (Sco 02°35') wan. sep. quintile (72°00') orb: 2°32'
Uranus (Sag 13°59') Black Moon (Tau 09°55') wax. sep. biquintile (144°00') orb: 1°56'
Midheaven (Cap 27°21') Part of Fortune (Sco 14°17') app. quintile (72°00') orb: 1°04'

There were alot of them that were 3/4 degrees but I ignored them. I'm going to re-read through this thread.

The_Sundance_Kid

Hi Regulus Rising,

I just realised I'm one of the only people you didn't reply to, so I wanted to say sorry in case you thought I was being overly sarcastic or skeptical with my second post, I was just trying to fit all of the ideas on this thread in my head. I think I read on this thread that you have Mars quintile Saturn too, but can't find it, anyhow, I was wondering how you would interpret it, as this is the aspect I find difficult to understand.

I would have thought it might mean I can be disciplined and hardworking, but I have Mars in Aquarius, which makes me highly erratic. Maybe it means I can find a way of incorporating my fits and starts into tasks that might usually involve more consistency? How has this aspect worked for you?

I was serious about jumping on the quintile bandwagon, but the banjo was a fib.

Night Sky

The_Sundance_Kid said:
Hi Regulus Rising,

I just realised I'm one of the only people you didn't reply to, so I wanted to say sorry in case you thought I was being overly sarcastic or skeptical with my second post, I was just trying to fit all of the ideas on this thread in my head. I think I read on this thread that you have Mars quintile Saturn too, but can't find it, anyhow, I was wondering how you would interpret it, as this is the aspect I find difficult to understand.

I would have thought it might mean I can be disciplined and hardworking, but I have Mars in Aquarius, which makes me highly erratic. Maybe it means I can find a way of incorporating my fits and starts into tasks that might usually involve more consistency? How has this aspect worked for you?

I was serious about jumping on the quintile bandwagon, but the banjo was a fib.

Sundance Quintiles are positive. I´d read it as Saturn sextile Mars, but with more energy and creativity.

freedomlover

Hello RegulusRising,

Thanks so much for such an informative thread!

I've been meaning to post on this, but my health has not permitted me to concentrate on finding the Quintiles in my chart until today.

I believe these are all my Quintiles and Bi-Quintiles in my chart. I'm not sure if you interpret Ceres and other asteroids, but they are quite prominent in my chart.

Mars in Capricorn Quintile Ceres in Pisces
Ceres in Pisces Bi-Quintile MC in Libra

Sun/Moon Midpoint in Cap Quintile MC in Libra
Sun/Moon Midpoint in Cap Quintile Ceres in Pisces

Sun in Sag Quintile a Pallas/Juno conjunction in Aquarius
Venus in Cap Bi-Quintile NN in Gemini

Chiron in Pisces Quintile Ascendant in Cap
Vertex in Leo Quintile MC in Libra
Sun in Sag Quintile Lilith in Aquarius

Do you ( or anyone else) have any thoughts as to how to interpret these?

Freedomlover

P.S. My chart is in link at bottom of this post, if anyone wants a visual.

Last edited:
Regulus Rising said:
Jenna Jupiter--

Mercury quintile Pluto signifies that people see you as thinking through things deeply or trying to grasp even the most minimal essential elements of a concept. I have a friend with this aspect and sometimes he has a sort of squint to his eyes when he's thinking. Hahaha-- I'm not saying everybody with this aspect does but, but you can Totally tell when they're thinking things through!!

Mercury quintile Jupiter displays a sharp and overactive mind to others. This is one of the quintiles that my many-quintiles Leo friend has. He supprisingly displays a good amount of intelligence in conversation despite the fact that he could actually care less about education!

The Pluto/Mercury combination can make people analytic to the extreme.

My dad, Virgo Sun with Scorpio ASC.:eek:
And sun conjunct pluto.

Good at notice the truth, sometimes to good.;)
People sometimes don't want to hear it if you know what i mean.

Sorry for rambling,
/JJ

freedomlover

Hello RegulusRising,

Thanks so much for such an informative thread!

I've been meaning to post on this, but my health has not permitted me to concentrate on finding the Quintiles in my chart until today.

I believe these are all my Quintiles and Bi-Quintiles in my chart. I'm not sure if you interpret Ceres and other asteroids, but they are quite prominent in my chart.

Mars in Capricorn Quintile Ceres in Pisces
Ceres in Pisces Bi-Quintile MC in Libra

Sun/Moon Midpoint in Cap Quintile MC in Libra
Sun/Moon Midpoint in Cap Quintile Ceres in Pisces

Sun in Sag Quintile a Pallas/Juno conjunction in Aquarius
Venus in Cap Bi-Quintile NN in Gemini

Chiron in Pisces Quintile Ascendant in Cap
Vertex in Leo Quintile MC in Libra
Sun in Sag Quintile Lilith in Aquarius

Do you ( or anyone else) have any thoughts as to how to interpret these?

Freedomlover

P.S. My chart is in link at bottom of this post, if anyone wants a visual.

It's been nearly a week - thought I would bump it up, as I would really, really like to know.

Gabi_Trinity

Hi all,

This is a fascinating thread. Very interesting indeed.

I had never given much consideration to the so-called 'minor' aspects (incl. the quintile) but I'm really warming to their relevance.

Personally, I noticed in my own chart that I have Venus and Mars tightly quintile my ascendant. So, GoSh, two whole quintiles in my chart! :rolleyes:

Seeing as I'm pretty inexperienced :( in interpreting quintile aspects, does anyone have any idea at all what Venus&Mars quintile Asc would mean, or how it would manifest itself??

Any insights would be deeply appreciated. :)

Squapius

Banned
Hello everybody!
Hello, Regulus Rising.
I will say (as the other memebers said too) that making this thread is very positive and creates an interest about the quintile/bi-quintile aspects, that some astrology students feel lazy to search for (like me). Your quintile observations are very good. I like them.
Well, I have one quintile and two bi-quintiles.
I have never been very interested of searching more info about this aspect -by the reason I have not found some rich definitions and such- until now.

So...the quintile indicates a part of the personality that others can notice and is not evident for you. Few time ago I was thinking of the semi-square as the negative version of the quintile, but I´m not sure if it works the same way as the quintile (evident for others and unknown for the person).

I have:
An exact quintile between the north node and lilith.
And a bi-quintile between the moon and a |conj. ASC/uranus.

If the quintile it´s generally positive, I could have a better (and a nicer) conclusion of how the lilith quintile north node could be.
North node shows the way I should take for dealing with karma of the previous encarnation, riiight?? And lilith is interacting with it in a quintile aspect. Then, should I meditate about things that lilith rules and the troubles she causes in the house she´s placed for resolving the karmic burden form my past lifes? If that´s so, the only way I think this is evident for the others is that the expression of this aspect in areas of my life (houses) what I do relating to those areas of my life are the things that other person can notice.
But the wierd thing is that I´m very aware of those problems. I am very aware of what lilith in my chart means and solving the problems related to lilith is something I´m doing. I´m very aware of that maybe because I´ve inverted a great deal of introspection and meditation about me and my problems. I would say that I know myself rather well.

The bi-quintiles with my moon are something I have not considered too.
Would you say that people is naturally inclined to me for searching understanding or support? Or is attracted to me because moon quintile uranus makes the people see me as a very singular person that is comfortable and nice in a very unique way, like they would never thought I would be. Like they are attracted to me, because I seem to be a very strange and alternative friend that wouldn´t be upset with their bad habits or restricted sides of their personality and would understand them. I think I know this because babies and little kids are always fascinated with me, they love me at the first sight. They feel like they can trust me because I´m a good person (and I´m like that actually).

What I thought about the semi-square to be the negative version of the quintile is because I have read that the semi-square it´s like a vicious or compulsive behaviour you are not aware of.
If you want to check out what I mean you can visit a thread I made not so long ago, that is about an unknown self-projection I maybe have. Here´s the link: THREAD.

So, can you tell me if you think those would be good interpretations of my quintiles? :]

Last edited: