Pursuing Higher Education?

lazarusx

Not to repeat a similar thread in this section regarding the same topic, i just didn't want to hi-jack that thread with my own questions.

The issue of formal higher education has suddenly become a focal point in my life, certain people I've met in recent years have most definitely attributed to this, but I also think the reality of having not pursued it and exiting my mid-twenties is also raising concern within me.

There is a part of me which is very resistant, I can't understand why..

Aquarius on my 9th house has stood out to me as a possible reason; a great deal of what i know has been self-taught through reading and learning independently. My Sun progressing into the third house may be why my attention is suddenly so focused on education, i'm not sure what role my north node plays in this respect to been in my 9th house - i can't find much or little information on aspects to the NN. I'm sure i'm missing more, but i'm poor in analysing specific aspects.

I read endlessly on philosophy, sociology, politics, psychology, economics in my spare time because i have a deep need to understand the world around me, but I have zero interest in pursuing formal education in these areas, it's more like a hobby for me/personal education. I'm obsessed with travel and have gone abroad for years at a time, this is when I completely wake up and find every difference extremely stimulating.

At the same time I feel like this attitude happens within a bubble, and the realities of life cannot be ignored.. T Pluto is currently in the 8th making aspects to Saturn/Neptune and my Sun - which is raising concern with the direction my life is heading, and naturally as an integral part of modern society, higher education has come into the spotlight.

Thanks, I appreciate any responses.

Attachments

• astro.gif
    astro.gif
    77.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

ElenaJ

When you did the chart, moon was transiting your 9th, bringing the idea of higher education to your mind, and transiting pluto has been shaking up your ideas a bit lately. You do have a very good mind, active and inquisitive and positive. You "know your own mind". Aquarius in your 9th does draw you to the topics you follow up on as hobbies, although with its rulers saturn and uranus conjunct it's sporadic, and with neptune there you have good insight, but probably get weary and bored and start daydreaming. That mercury/jupiter/moon conjunction in gemini makes you quick but restless. Higher education generally means learning what is presented to you, not what you pick and choose, plus consistent studying, exams, application. Are you really up to that? I suspect you've found your natural outlet, by traveling and reading you've probably acquired much more of a "higher" education than many who've been to university. I could see you as giving courses, rather than taking them.

ukdesifem

True node in Aquarius/9th house, and Neptune/Saturn/Uranus in 8th house stand out for me here. I believe you could do well in higher education, though your oppositions to Mercury and Jupiter could be challenges.

Last edited:

lazarusx

When you did the chart, moon was transiting your 9th, bringing the idea of higher education to your mind, and transiting pluto has been shaking up your ideas a bit lately.

Immensely.

There's been major shifts in my thinking away from the liberal left and further towards a more conservative right, I have identified strongly with the left my entire life and that is been challenged significantly right now.. my mind is more open to other perspectives then it ever has been before, even those considered extreme.. in a sense the way in which everything is often portrayed as black and white is blending into a grey, where all viewpoints are understood as fragments of the same whole.

You do have a very good mind, active and inquisitive and positive. You "know your own mind". Aquarius in your 9th does draw you to the topics you follow up on as hobbies, although with its rulers saturn and uranus conjunct it's sporadic, and with neptune there you have good insight, but probably get weary and bored and start daydreaming.

Yeah, it's a sporadic understanding at best in my experience.. i derive enjoyment from philosophizing, reading and learning, almost as a pass-time.. but there's no commitment which is probably where Neptune comes into it.

That mercury/jupiter/moon conjunction in gemini makes you quick but restless. Higher education generally means learning what is presented to you, not what you pick and choose, plus consistent studying, exams, application. Are you really up to that?

I think that's it, formal education follows a specific contour of how information is presented and how that understanding is measured through examinations, assignments, application and rote memory. I believe I could pursue it but I have no overwhelming desire to do so..

Actually: I would do so only if a specific job required; I don't consider it 'learning' but rather a very drudgery process required for employment.

Thanks for the response, it does help to throw these thoughts around and get some feedback.

ElenaJ

I suspect you had it all in your mind already, and mine is just an exterior confirmation! good luck to you, you have it in you!