Psychological abuse, can you see that in my chart?

ricca91

Hi everybody,

I suffered from what I consider to be quite heavy psychological abuse (and at times physical, in the past till i was 14) from my mother in particular (my father is really strict, but not that abusive). Manipulation, silences, guilt trips and so on. Now, at almost 27 years of age they are still going on.

I developed depression as a teenager, followed by self harm, today kept at bay with medication and therapy. My life, apart from a pretty stable economical situation, was a real mess.

Can you see that in my chart? And if true, which placements and aspects suggest you that?

Thank you!!

Attachments

• chart.jpg
    chart.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

greybeard

Hi everybody,

I suffered from what I consider to be quite heavy psychological abuse (and at times physical, in the past till i was 14) from my mother in particular (my father is really strict, but not that abusive). Manipulation, silences, guilt trips and so on. Now, at almost 27 years of age they are still going on.

I developed depression as a teenager, followed by self harm, today kept at bay with medication and therapy. My life, apart from a pretty stable economical situation, was a real mess.

Can you see that in my chart? And if true, which placements and aspects suggest you that?

Thank you!!

Mistreatment and stuff:

Moon in 12th and intercepted in a double-bodied sign, Air....Moon in 12 almost always shows serious difficulties with Mama. Here she probably suffers from bipolar disorder, perhaps split or multiple personalities...hard to know who you're talking to from one moment to the next. Emotional detachment; and this is true of your inner self as well. I suspect you have great difficulty getting in touch with your feelings.

Second, Mercury conjunct Pluto. This conjunction of itself symbolizes psychological turmoil, but to exacerbate the situation we see that Moon applies to an exact quincunx to Mercury (35'?) and a close one to Pluto (2*50'). Mother goes out of her way to be cruel to child. Note that afflicted Mercury rules intercepted Moon.

Sun square Saturn. Both Scorpio (a stellium) and the 8th stand out in this square. In general, this square brings depression, low self esteem, unmerited guilt, etc.

Last edited:

ricca91

Mistreatment and stuff:

Moon in 12th and intercepted in a double-bodied sign, Air....Moon in 12 almost always shows serious difficulties with Mama. Here she probably suffers from bipolar disorder, perhaps split or multiple personalities...hard to know who you're talking to from one moment to the next. Emotional detachment; and this is true of your inner self as well. I suspect you have great difficulty getting in touch with your feelings.

Second, Mercury conjunct Pluto. This conjunction of itself symbolizes psychological turmoil, but to exacerbate the situation we see that Moon applies to an exact quincunx to Mercury (35'?) and a close one to Pluto

Your analysis is spot on for the most part! She's not diagnosed with a mental disorder but I suspect she could have one... mainly anger issues and power issues. I actually am diagnosed with bipolar, although I wrote depression cause it's type II bipolar which manifests itself mostly as depressive episodes.

Difficulties getting in touch with my feelings? Yes, and when in a relationship with a woman I have great difficulties in demonstrating affection (not so with friends), which I mostly show by always being there when needed.

Moreover, my mother used to shower me with affection, and still is (hugs, kisses, and nice words), but it can be the exact opposite when something isn't done exactly as she wishes. Very overprotective and fearful that I could get hurt (according to her), which created many complexes in my personality.

She has a difficult chart, which I'll post for reference.

Another question, I find it hard to understand the quincunx aspect. How does the moon in quincunx to mercury and pluto play out?

Thank you very much for your reply!

Attachments

• chart mom.jpg
    chart mom.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:

greybeard

Quincunx:

I think there is a sticky on the aspects. You might like to check it out

Minor aspects are not necessarily minor in influence in a chart. They can, in fact, represent major life themes.

The quincunx is a non-aspect, sort of like Pluto is a non-planet. The 150-degree angle does not result from division of the circle by a whole number; it is anomalous, incongruous in its very nature. In the old language, two planets occupying these relative positions "can not behold one another." The aspect is disharmonious. Some form of aversion is present in the mix of planets so involved, and more so if the planets are taken to represent specific persons.

My experience sugggests that this aspect acts sporadically or intermittently; on again off again, in episodes. The two points "can't see each other" so that action at one end of the aspect goes unperceived at the other end, as if the two have no relationship. So the aspect operates largely on the unconscious plane (but the connections can be made conscious...salvation is at hand).

Last edited:

ricca91

Quincunx:

I think there is a sticky on the aspects. You might like to check it out

Minor aspects are not necessarily minor in influence in a chart. They can, in fact, represent major life themes.

The quincunx is a non-aspect, sort of like Pluto is a non-planet. The 150-degree angle does not result from division of the circle by a whole number; it is anomalous, incongruous in its very nature. In the old language, two planets occupying these relative positions "can not behold one another." The aspect is disharmonious. Some form of aversion is present in the mix of planets so involved, and more so if the planets are taken to represent specific persons.

My experience sugggests that this aspect acts sporadically or intermittently; on again off again, in episodes. The two points "can't see each other" so that action at one end of the aspect goes unperceived at the other end, as if the two have no relationship. So the aspect operates largely on the unconscious plane (but the connections can be made conscious...salvation is at hand).

Wow, that’s fascinating! And also very clear explanation. Thank you very much and I’ll check the sticky out!

ardentika

I strongly dislike explaining things that happened with astrology because it can make you feel helpless and victimized. I've never read anywhere this thing with Moon in air sign in 12th, but from your post alone I could speculate she has some mental problems. However, speculations are not astrology.

If I have to be honest I don't think what everyone said is true, it seems more like trying to fit the picture. Astrology rarely speaks so directly and detailed, and the biggest mistake is to try and read it that way because that causes further misinterpretations.

In your case I'd say this was caused by Saturn in 8th. Wherever Saturn sits it distorts and makes a lifelong problem. In your case is emotional issues, insecurity, perhaps lack of self esteem sometimes and self worth (Chiron in 2nd opp Saturn), perhaps problems with intimacy, feelings, sex.

If we believe Saturn is our karma , then you can see this from the perspective that something in a previous life stained you with this karma to pay in this life, and you just chose your mother because she was the one who could serve the debt the best.
Or, it's a lesson you chose to learn this life, and we all know nothing ****s us up as our childhood. Interestingly enough for a person with Saturn in 8th and air moon you are quite sensitive.

I too suffered verbal and sometimes physical abuse till I was 18, aka moved out haha. But I managed to heal it pretty quickly somehow. Just within 5 years.

Your moon is in a sensitive house, however something always slips out of your fingers when it comes to emotions. I almost feel like you couldn't react on the moment, because when the abuse was happening it's like you didn't even notice or understood, and short time after that it hits you that what was done isn't right, and you want to speak up but it was always too late. I know I got too specific, but that's just what I felt as a pattern.

Not to mention you have T-square from Sun to Saturn opp Chiron. That seems like a lot of healing to me.

I'd love to help you really, I feel for you, I've been there, we can talk privetly if you want.
My general advice is look for any possible way to heal. Psychologists, tarot, spirituality, yoga, meditation, all 8th and 12th house connected things. This is something that will help you immensely. You made the step knowing where the issue is so you are halfway there.

Last edited:

Slytherin88

Hello, there. I immediately knew after reading the question,(before looking at the chart) that our charts were similar, because we have quite similar experiences(and I was right). Saturn in the 8th house aspecting Chiron can be brutal. Abuse and trauma are very common when it comes to Saturn in the 8th house. Also, Cancer Ascendants are very affected by their mothers(Or mother figure) in their lives. I know that from experience. You have Mercury inconjunct Moon, and that means improper emotional expression. You may have problems dealing with emotions, so you either repress them or explode. (I do have this aspect as well). I also had an overprotective, but emotionally and physically abusive mother. Things changed me a lot as an adult, but still she says hurtful stuff to me or tries to control what I wear. She wants me to look as fashionable as possible(I have Libra Moon). Also, it's interesting that my Mum is a Scorpio Ascendant as well. I have suffered from depression for several years, and had obsessive suicidal tendencies.(I have Saturn square Pluto as well.)
I see that you have many planets in the 5th house(And with Moon in the 12th house in Gemini). Creativity can be really helpful to you. Do you like writing or drawing? More creative you are, better you can deal with darker emotions.(I have Moon and Pluto in the 5th).I'll attach my own chart in case you want to see it.
ugu.jpg
P.S. I'm like six months younger than you. Not born in 88. I just like this number.

Last edited:

greybeard

I strongly dislike explaining things that happened with astrology because it can make you feel helpless and victimized. I've never read anywhere this thing with Moon in air sign in 12th, but from your post alone I could speculate she has some mental problems. However, speculations are not astrology.

If I have to be honest I don't think what everyone said is true, it seems more like trying to fit the picture. Astrology rarely speaks so directly and detailed, and the biggest mistake is to try and read it that way because that causes further misinterpretations.

In your case I'd say this was caused by Saturn in 8th. Wherever Saturn sits it distorts and makes a lifelong problem. In your case is emotional issues, insecurity, perhaps lack of self esteem sometimes and self worth (Chiron in 2nd opp Saturn), perhaps problems with intimacy, feelings, sex.

If we believe Saturn is our karma , then you can see this from the perspective that something in a previous life stained you with this karma to pay in this life, and you just chose your mother because she was the one who could serve the debt the best.
Or, it's a lesson you chose to learn this life, and we all know nothing ****s us up as our childhood. Interestingly enough for a person with Saturn in 8th and air moon you are quite sensitive.

I too suffered verbal and sometimes physical abuse till I was 18, aka moved out haha. But I managed to heal it pretty quickly somehow. Just within 5 years.

Your moon is in a sensitive house, however something always slips out of your fingers when it comes to emotions. I almost feel like you couldn't react on the moment, because when the abuse was happening it's like you didn't even notice or understood, and short time after that it hits you that what was done isn't right, and you want to speak up but it was always too late. I know I got too specific, but that's just what I felt as a pattern.

Not to mention you have T-square from Sun to Saturn opp Chiron. That seems like a lot of healing to me.

I'd love to help you really, I feel for you, I've been there, we can talk privetly if you want.
My general advice is look for any possible way to heal. Psychologists, tarot, spirituality, yoga, meditation, all 8th and 12th house connected things. This is something that will help you immensely. You made the step knowing where the issue is so you are halfway there.

Ardentika:

The 12th is the house of sadness, self-undoing and secret enemies. Moon always symbolizes mother. Ergo mother is a secret enemy.

You can say you first read it on Astrology Weekly and its author old Greybeard. And horoscopes can sometimes be very specific if you know how to read them.

ricca91

Thank you Ardentika for your kind words and analysis. I am REALLY sensitive, but I mostly don't show it, unless I'm with someone I trust since I feel I'm ripping myself open and giving opportunities to others in case they want to hurt me or manipulate me.

Gemini moon plays out by me being sarcastic when I'm talking about myself and how I feel. When I was in the dark pits of depression no one really knew it since I was able to hide it so well behind a forced smile and a sense of humor. But I was suffering like hell inside. Also, I always try to look for a logical explanation to everything, however, I also know that many things can't be explained by logic or at all.

Mind you, my mom had 2 miscarriages before I was born and had troubles throughout my pregnancy, however she told me that she wanted to have me so badly that she didn't care she couldn't move from her bed (severe nauseas, vomiting and threats of miscarriage) while she was carrying me in the womb.

I am mostly considered intelligent, charming and good-looking by other people, but I couldn't really see it. My self esteem was underground. Now it's much better after years of therapy and after I discovered astrology.

Although I have difficulties showing my emotions, I can have a lot of empathy and understand other's feelings (when I have the patience to do it). I am a medical doctor, so it's really helpful for me. It's interesting how the 12th house also rules hospitals and asylums.

Problems with sex and intimacy? Not really yet, but I always have to "dominate the scene", not in a BDSM, violence or extreme stuff thing, but I have to take the lead in bed and my pleasure derives more from giving the other pleasure than actually feeling pleasure, if that makes sense.

The thing is, when my mother used to abuse me, I was stuck. I didn't know how to react since "wow, a mother isn't SUPPOSED to do this". Why is she doing that?? There were my thoughts. I always responded to her abuses by telling her she was doing it all wrong, that I wish she wasn't my mother and by insulting her, and she would begin with the victimization and guilt trips.

Note that she has a tight conjunction of her Moon to the asteroid Sado (1º applying), maybe it's relevant.

I used to live alone for the past 4 years, now because of some circumstances, I was forced to go and live at my parents' for a while, a big fight broke loose which made me remember of all the abuses, and I started this thread. I knew my life was going to change, I have been preparing for it for a while (tUranus opposing sun in the 5th and tNeptune opposing Venus in the 4th). I'm doing everything I can in order to go back living alone.

Hello, there. I immediately knew after reading the question,(before looking at the chart) that our charts were similar, because we have quite similar experiences(and I was right). Saturn in the 8th house aspecting Chiron can be brutal. Abuse and trauma are very common when it comes to Saturn in the 8th house. Also, Cancer Ascendants are very affected by their mothers(Or mother figure) in their lives. I know that from experience. You have Mercury inconjunct Moon, and that means improper emotional expression. You may have problems dealing with emotions, so you either repress them or explode. (I do have this aspect as well). I also had an overprotective, but emotionally and physically abusive mother. Things changed me a lot as an adult, but still she says hurtful stuff to me or tries to control what I wear. She wants me to look as fashionable as possible(I have Libra Moon). Also, it's interesting that my Mum is a Scorpio Ascendant as well. I have suffered from depression for several years, and had obsessive suicidal tendencies.(I have Saturn square Pluto as well.)
I see that you have many planets in the 5th house(And with Moon in the 12th house in Gemini). Creativity can be really helpful to you. Do you like writing or drawing? More creative you are, better you can deal with darker emotions.(I have Moon and Pluto in the 5th).I'll attach my own chart in case you want to see it.
View attachment 77722
P.S. I'm like six months younger than you. Not born in 88. I just like this number.

I feel for both of you. It's terrible. And I didn't know chiron opposing saturn in the 2nd-8th axis was so "bad". You were also born during a full moon (were your parents perhaps very different from each other and working one against the other?), and your Sun and Venus are squared Neptune and Uranus, I suppose it can't be easy. I suspect lots of instability and confused self image, however, a very keen perception.

I used to write funny poetry when I was a teenager, drawing not so much. However, I ALWAYS do things creatively, even medicine, which is my field. I follow protocols, but I feel that they should only create an order and not limit the physician's possibilities. I feel like medicine is an art and not an exact science, a bit like alchemy. Also, since I discovered astrology I also want to work with that and maybe integrate astrology with medicine. I feel my purpose in life is to help others and relieve them from suffering.

As for exploding, that's true, I used to do it. Repress and repress until I explode and everybody would be baffled, they didn't expect it. I understand that's also a possible Mars-Saturn expression.

I am a bit fearful about my Saturn return in 2020. I didn't hear very good things about saturn return in the 8th, let alone squaring sun/mars (and opposing chiron). I am very afraid of my death despite my young age, although I am also fascinated with death as a topic.

Last edited:

Slytherin88

Yes, my parents are very different from one another, both in personality and family origin. They don't go along well, but tolerate one another well.
Don't worry, Saturn in the 8th house actually makes you live for quite a long time. Look what happened around age 7, 14, 21, because these trends may repeat. For me, it always brought death of family members and me facing smth I really feared.(When I was 7, there was genocide in my country, and four members of our extended family were murdered. I learnt about death...When I was 14, I went to a funeral for the first time. When I was 21, I saw a dead person for the first time. It's always about lesson about death. For me, it's also about friendship.) Usually when it comes to Saturn Return in the 8th house it's about death or sex or deep fears. But, not your death. The only times, I've seen death in Saturn Returns (8th house or Capricorn 8th house), it's the second Saturn Return(Around 60) and both of them were suicides.

ardentika

Problems with sex and intimacy? Not really yet, but I always have to "dominate the scene", not in a BDSM, violence or extreme stuff thing, but I have to take the lead in bed and my pleasure derives more from giving the other pleasure than actually feeling pleasure, if that makes sense.

It is funny because my best friend has Saturn in 8th and she told me the same goddamn thing. Astrology blows my mind still.

However, she too as you lacks the perspective to see that this IS somehow intimacy issues. Not being able to receive. Because in order to receive you have to open yourself up and trust the other person to be vulnerable emotionally and physically. So it's easier to give rather than receive.

It's just a food for thought. I read somewhere something very drastic that said, wherever Saturn is, that house has to be sacrificed and forgotten. As if that's some karmic debt. So perhaps, if 8th house is for pleasure, maybe it has to be given rather than received.

I usually do not believe such extreme explanations, so I wouldn't dwell on it too much. I still believe Saturn is a great teacher, and the house it falls in, it teaches us a lot in that area.

ricca91

Yes, my parents are very different from one another, both in personality and family origin. They don't go along well, but tolerate one another well.
Don't worry, Saturn in the 8th house actually makes you live for quite a long time. Look what happened around age 7, 14, 21, because these trends may repeat. For me, it always brought death of family members and me facing smth I really feared.(When I was 7, there was genocide in my country, and four members of our extended family were murdered. I learnt about death...When I was 14, I went to a funeral for the first time. When I was 21, I saw a dead person for the first time. It's always about lesson about death. For me, it's also about friendship.) Usually when it comes to Saturn Return in the 8th house it's about death or sex or deep fears. But, not your death. The only times, I've seen death in Saturn Returns (8th house or Capricorn 8th house), it's the second Saturn Return(Around 60) and both of them were suicides.
Quite a few things happened in your life, eh? Heavy stuff... Yes, I can relate to this, although I never thought of it. I know two people with 8th house Saturn, and their life was, well, unstable to say the least. However, not that miserable. One is about 58 y/o and the other is 30. Death was a recurring theme in the 58 y/o one, she is a cancer with a scorpio moon and describes that last year she was "born again", very plutonian stuff indeed.

About my experiences, at 7 if I'm not mistaken, my grandma from my father's side died. I didn't suffer since she wasn't that close to me but I've always been curious about how she died and the details about it. My father, of course suffered much.

At 14-16, I had to move from a country to another, it was an internal death for me and was the final straw that sent me into depression.

At 20-21, my other grandma died. She was a second mom for me, and I would consider her "the good side of my mother". She was nurturing, affectionate and we had a special connection that I feel we still share and we will forever. Great period of suffering for me, however, at 21, a really favourable and serene period of my life began until 2 and a half years later. At 21 it was when I had to move out of my parent's house and live alone. At 29, when Saturn will return, well, I'll tell you :happy:

I really appreciate you sharing your story!

As a side note, Scorpio and Pluto are very strong in my family.
My father's Moon, Sun, Mercury (and Neptune) are in Scorpio, moon and nodes are square Pluto.

My mom, as you can see from the chart, is a Pluto-heavy Leo sun and Libra moon.

My grandma, the one I love, was a Sun-Venus and Mars in Scorpio.

It is funny because my best friend has Saturn in 8th and she told me the same goddamn thing. Astrology blows my mind still.

However, she too as you lacks the perspective to see that this IS somehow intimacy issues. Not being able to receive. Because in order to receive you have to open yourself up and trust the other person to be vulnerable emotionally and physically. So it's easier to give rather than receive.

It's just a food for thought. I read somewhere something very drastic that said, wherever Saturn is, that house has to be sacrificed and forgotten. As if that's some karmic debt. So perhaps, if 8th house is for pleasure, maybe it has to be given rather than received.

I usually do not believe such extreme explanations, so I wouldn't dwell on it too much. I still believe Saturn is a great teacher, and the house it falls in, it teaches us a lot in that area.

You are mostly right. For me, this lack of ability to open up to the other person has to do with an emotional issue. However, for me, intimacy regarding sexual matter can be seen in a number of ways. It's not that I don't feel pleasure, I indeed do, however, if I see the other person is not feeling it, I won't be satisfied.

Astrology is simply great!

Also, my libido is greatly fluctuating, which may be from various factors, including medication, the depressive episodes and also Saturn in the 8th :wink:

Last edited:

ricca91

Sometimes, Saturn in the 8th house inhibits sex life altogether like in my case. I never dated or had a romantic relationship.
I know the Saturn archetype is as you say, but I can confirm that it just means that sex life could be delayed. As others said, it could be fear of intimacy that subconsciously inhibits you, or it may be that it'll come later in life.

Mind you that I've always been insecure about my body image and I've found myself very insecure when flirting, and the results were imaginable. I've had a 3 years streak of celibacy from 2010 till 2013.

Then I've been in a 2 and a half years relationship that didn't end well and since then I've only had sporadic, occasional sex.

That was until in 2016, transiting Pluto in the 7th trined my Venus in the 4th. I acquired self-confidence and that was my turning point. I began having sex with women older than me (one was 10 years older), since I've always been attracted to older women. I suppose that's another manifestation of Saturn in the 8th and Capricorn DSC.

Now I'm in a happy, open relationship with a strongly Uranian person (I have Uranus conj. DSC), and I realized I can only be in open relationships for the time being.

Don't worry, it will happen. Maybe during your Saturn return. And sex is overrated anyway IMO.

Last edited:

thelivingsky

ricca91;922839 Moreover said:
I have seen this often, overindulgence in some form from Mom or other primary caregivers, with Moon square Venus. And the Moon makes a close inconjunct to Merc/Pluto in Scorpio suggesting the manipulative nature of her using that affection for power over you. All Moon/Pluto aspects point to some dark, often unconscious power issues and powerful emotions. And likely you may have some compulsive/obsessive behaviors as a result of this early experience with your Mom.

ricca91

I have seen this often, overindulgence in some form from Mom or other primary caregivers, with Moon square Venus. And the Moon makes a close inconjunct to Merc/Pluto in Scorpio suggesting the manipulative nature of her using that affection for power over you. All Moon/Pluto aspects point to some dark, often unconscious power issues and powerful emotions. And likely you may have some compulsive/obsessive behaviors as a result of this early experience with your Mom.
It's exactly as you say. When I do what she thinks it's right, everything is ok. But if she doesn't like something, there comes the silent treatment and/or the types of manipulation that I explained above.

About Moon-Venus, I read about it before and it doesn't seem so bad, but it's actually AWFUL, although they say Venus and Jupiter squares aren't so bad. I think Venus and Jupiter are not that "benefic" as everybody claim them to be.

Moon-Venus causes a chronic insatisfaction and certain childish internal behaviours. Like lazyness, like "why do I have to do it if other people can do it for me?". This causes frustration. Moreover, relationships with women are difficult because I get really bored, really fast, sexually speaking. It's BAD and not at all "benefic". Like Moon-Jupiter. Major mood swings, I think it's a possible indicator of bipolar disorder.

I didn't really notice the quincunxes before since I thought they were just minor aspects and since most pages and books say the orb is 2° and the Moon/Pluto quincunx in my chart has an orb of 2.8° I didn't really consider it. But it's applying and it's the Moon, so it would still be relevant?

I don't really know about obsessive/compulsive behaviours, I like to be in control of situations, but I don't really have OCD and I learned to be less jealous and possessive of people (I used to be really jealous of my friends and partners).

Last edited:

Somna7H

Banned
I got thet.
May be Venus Moon Connection make person mentally weak ? Psychological Abuse easy now ? I was Psychological abused by my mom and still happening at some extent. I have Venus and Moon Conjunction in Gemini but it's 2nd House(Family).

Ramalbazi

Parents palace strict and abusive in certain degree, financially stable written in your chart.

You also have weak mental and tend to give up when meet difficulties.

+ sign that you may not aware, your career palace quite good.

This year should be a quite good year if compared with last year.

ricca91

I got thet.
May be Venus Moon Connection make person mentally weak ? Psychological Abuse easy now ? I was Psychological abused by my mom and still happening at some extent. I have Venus and Moon Conjunction in Gemini but it's 2nd House(Family).
I think so, that's why I say Venus is not as "benefic" as they say, as Mars and Saturn aren't so bad as they say.

Parents palace strict and abusive in certain degree, financially stable written in your chart.

You also have weak mental and tend to give up when meet difficulties.

+ sign that you may not aware, your career palace quite good.

This year should be a quite good year if compared with last year.
I tried to interpret my Solar Return chart andit doesn't seem THAT bad, I have libra rising with Venus and Sun conjunct in the first house. Mercury and Jupiter also in the 1st, with Jupiter almost in the 2nd.

Solar return Mars is in the natal 9th house square natal Pluto and mercury.

Solar return Pluto is in the 4th house conjunct IC.

What do you think?