Psychic indicators in Natal Charts

Cascada

Okay, so a year or so ago I was curious about this, so I went and done some research of my own. This is what I found based on just 180 charts, so it won't be 100% accurate for everyone. I'm writing what I found based on how frequently aspects or placements were seen, ordered from highest to lowest in percentage.

(note that the charts are either found online or are from psychics I've met in person who did not mind volunteering their charts for my research, so the accuracy is up to you to decide)

1. In all of the charts I studied of those who have -or claim to have- psychic ability, 100% of them had one or more planets in one or more of the water houses. The most popular house occupied out of the three houses was the 8th (59%), the 4th (occupied 43% of the time), then 12th (occupied in 40% of charts)

2. In 78% of the charts, Mercury was in contact with Pluto through major aspect.

3. Joint third, both occurring in 65% of the charts, was Neptune in contact with Mercury and Uranus in contact with the Moon. Both through major aspects.

4. In 62% of charts, Neptune was in contact with the Sun.

5. 59.3% of charts had Neptune in contact with Jupiter.

6. 56% of the time, Uranus and Neptune were in contact, although as this would be generational, I'm not sure if it should be considered.

7. In 53% of the charts, Mercury was in contact with Jupiter and Moon, with Pluto.

8. Around half of the charts had Uranus in contact with Sun.

9. Only 43% of charts showed Neptune in contact with Moon.

10. And only 40% of charts had Mercury in contact of Moon, and Moon in contact with Jupiter.

I did this research as a Libra adamant to prove it wasn't just water sign-ruled individuals that could be psychic :) actually, only in 37.5% of the charts had their Sun in a water sign, and even less for the position of the Moon- 21%.

Also, I am only including research on planets/houses/aspects that I thought would be relevant for the topic.

Thoughts??

Cascada

What I learnt:

1. Water houses play a big factor in it

2. Planets being in water signs, however, do not necessarily indicate psychic tendencies on their own

3. Mercury had a bigger role than I thought it would.

waybread

Fascinating. We have to be a little careful, however, not to attribute psychic abilities to chart placements that are so common that all kinds of people would have them, whether they are psychic or not. For example, I don't claim to be psychic, but I have several of the placements you mention.

Another indicator that might be worth exploring, from astrologer Alice Portman (member Alice McDermott), is a planet in septile relationship to the vertex.

muchacho

Okay, so a year or so ago I was curious about this, so I went and done some research of my own. This is what I found based on just 180 charts, so it won't be 100% accurate for everyone. I'm writing what I found based on how frequently aspects or placements were seen, ordered from highest to lowest in percentage.

(note that the charts are either found online or are from psychics I've met in person who did not mind volunteering their charts for my research, so the accuracy is up to you to decide)

1. In all of the charts I studied of those who have -or claim to have- psychic ability, 100% of them had one or more planets in one or more of the water houses. The most popular house occupied out of the three houses was the 8th (59%), the 4th (occupied 43% of the time), then 12th (occupied in 40% of charts)

2. In 78% of the charts, Mercury was in contact with Pluto through major aspect.

3. Joint third, both occurring in 65% of the charts, was Neptune in contact with Mercury and Uranus in contact with the Moon. Both through major aspects.

6. 56% of the time, Uranus and Neptune were in contact, although as this would be generational, I'm not sure if it should be considered.

7. In 53% of the charts, Mercury was in contact with Jupiter and Moon, with Pluto.

10. And only 40% of charts had Mercury in contact of Moon, and Moon in contact with Jupiter.

I did this research as a Libra adamant to prove it wasn't just water sign-ruled individuals that could be psychic :) actually, only in 37.5% of the charts had their Sun in a water sign, and even less for the position of the Moon- 21%.

Also, I am only including research on planets/houses/aspects that I thought would be relevant for the topic.

Thoughts??
Looks like the outers (especially Neptune) are muy importante when it comes to aspects that indicate psychic abilities. Makes total sense. Thanks!

Edit: And I wouldn't worry about the 'generational aspects' argument. It's a bogus argument. If an aspect makes whole generations more psychic and not just certain individuals, what does that have to do with your point that this certain aspects makes people more psychic. The number of people that are affected is beside the point and irrelevant to the question. What matters is if that aspect affects people and how does it affect them, not how many are affected at the same time. If only a handful of individuals is affected or if it is entire generations, that doesn't change the fact that it affects people in a certain way. And that's what counts. If it affects entire generations, then this just means that it's not something special during a certain period of time, that's all.

Last edited:

demetraceres

It's really fascinating. I wonder if there is any statistically significant correlation between natal charts having all three ocult houses in water signs and psychic abilities of their owners. There are astrological theories that claim such connection.

Julia Karmic Astrology

Cascada,

Thank you for sharing the results of your research.
I am quite interested in this topic.

I believe that psychic abilities are more prevalent in the general population than we realize. We live in a society and time when psychic abilities are denigrated and disbelieved. Therefore people tend to shut down or hide their talents in this area.

I believe that psychic abilities in the general population are normally distributed in a typical bell shaped curve. It is an ability like any other, athletic, music, math, etc. However societal and environmental conditions determine whether a certain talent will manifest. A musical genius born into a primitive society, with no available resources or encouragement, will not manifest the talent.

So we are going to see accurate psychic markers in charts where abilities may not have manifested, but the innate talent is there. Additionally like other innate talents there are many types of psychic abilities. Someone with superb athletic talent, usually excels in specific areas, tennis, football, etc. Psychic talent is no different. Innate ability, interest, training, motivation, all line up to produce psychic specialty areas (mediumship, channelling, etc).

The psychic marker list identified is pulled from the charts of professional psychics so we are looking at those with high levels of talent, interest and motivation, the higher percentiles of talent. But most of us have some degree of psychic ability.

BTW, I have most of the markers you list. Four water planets, Pisces stellium (Sun, Moon, Merc, NN). Stellium contacts to outer planets, and part of a grand water trine. I am not surprised that Mercery is an important marker. Psychic abilities are just another form of communication.

I think your research is fascinating, thank you.

Julia

rahu

Banned
What I learnt:

1. Water houses play a big factor in it

2. Planets being in water signs, however, do not necessarily indicate psychic tendencies on their own

3. Mercury had a bigger role than I thought it would.

3. Mercury had a bigger role than I thought it would

the node with mercury gives psychic abilities.
for that matter and symbol with the node gives strong intuitions at the least, the nature of the abilities depends on the planet with the node,
also the single most dominate psychic indication is the nodal axis conjunct the ascendant axis. such as edgar Cayce had.
rahu
http://www.astrologyweekly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=63539
mercury conjunct the node is an indices of psychic power as well as extreme intelligence. often there is an intuitive intelligence that allows a indivual to get to the center of his analysis without having to read through the breath of the subject matter.this aspect is very inspirational and tend s to be associated with truth seekers.it is a sigh of a magician. edgar Cayce had such a conjunction though the strong sextile/trine pattern also contributes to his power.
the south node conjunct to mercury also give psychic and mental power but there is much more astral/psychic power and a person can easily become insane if they do not understand what happens in their minds.
the south node gives great creativity and the power of thought forms is very strong.
Theravada Buddhism teaches that reality is a series of thought forms, each arises spontaneously to be replaced by a new thought form. so reality is a sequence of thought forms. the emphasis is on thoughts being the center of reality.
http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Theravada
this concept is very similar to a branch of quantum theory called informational quantum. in this theory the transmission of "data" is the base of quantum reality
http://www.technologyreview.com/view...tum-mechanics/

Kitchy

Banned
I have psychic indicators, if that's what they are called. I often know how and when stuff will happen before it happens and I know when people are lying or truthful - and I see things from the past in other people's lives.

I use tools like astrology and tarot to make it 'okay' - otherwise, folks get scared of me or call me weird and random and troublesome. (Sun in 7th)

I got a lot of grief about this stuff all my life from family and people in my life who had something to lose or gain by this curse/gift I was born with, when they asked or admitted that what I saw to come true.

I've made a lot of friends over life for the same reason - Never leading them astray through my gift/curse.

I credit my gift to my moon/pluto/chiron/snode/nnode squares/conjuncts/oppositions & to my merc/uranus opposition and sun/neptune square. I credit my curse to Saturn Cap - Venus Pisces - Uranus Leo yod - I have no choice but to sit still and take the backlash.

Mercury Uranus opposition helps - but the delivery usually *****.

As well, to my Sephardi grandmother - who was called a Gypsy for most of her life.

Since I have the Sun Neptune Square from 4th to 7th - I learned early on that no human family or person would give me the answer I needed, so from an early age, I learned to depend on some other source of truth.

Last edited:

Julia Karmic Astrology

for that matter and symbol with the node gives strong intuitions at the least, the nature of the abilities depends on the planet with the node,
also the single most dominate psychic indication is the nodal axis conjunct the ascendant axis. such as edgar Cayce had.
rahu
mercury conjunct the node is an indices of psychic power as well as extreme intelligence. often there is an intuitive intelligence that allows a indivual to get to the center of his analysis without having to read through the breath of the subject matter.this aspect is very inspirational and tend s to be associated with truth seekers.it is a sigh of a magician. edgar Cayce had such a conjunction though the strong sextile/trine pattern also contributes to his power.

Hi Rahu,

I have my NN conjunct Mercury in Pisces. I think it does give an intuitive intelligence.
Both right and left brain that allows for what you describe, an ability to shift through huge amounts of data, and get to bottom line results. And yes I am very much a truth seeker, I can drive myself crazy investigating a topic to find out the basic truth.

I do seem to be able to see the goodness in others, and identify their strengths in a way that moves them forward, and makes them feel inspired about themselves.

Julia

jangle

rahu
the south node conjunct to mercury also give psychic and mental power but there is much more astral/psychic power and a person can easily become insane if they do not understand what happens in their minds.
the south node gives great creativity and the power of thought forms is very strong.
Theravada Buddhism teaches that reality is a series of thought forms, each arises spontaneously to be replaced by a new thought form. so reality is a sequence of thought forms. the emphasis is on thoughts being the center of reality.
http://www.dhammawiki.com/index.php?title=Theravada
this concept is very similar to a branch of quantum theory called informational quantum. in this theory the transmission of "data" is the base of quantum reality
http://www.technologyreview.com/view...tum-mechanics/

intuitive intelligence that allows a indivual to get to the center of his analysis without having to read through the breath of the subject matter.

this is so relevant to me, I have Mercury conj NN in Capricorn. I was an English major because essay writing came to me so easily, and now I see that I was actually using my intuition - I knew I didn't need to read the material beforehand in order to get high marks. I infuriated a lot of hard studiers...learned to keep this to myself. fascinating. thank you!

Last edited:
Moon in the 8th house, especially if in a water sign is a strong indication of psychic ability. Also aspects between Moon/Neptune, and Moon/Uranus, or having many planets in the 12th house.

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Okay, so a year or so ago I was curious about this, so

My experience with 4 people with Mercury Pluto positive aspects (Trine, Sextile, Semi-sextile, Conjunction) is like they have this magical ability to just know things. For example, in two out of the four, all I needed to do was to start a topic and begin speaking the first word, and they immediately know what I wanted, what I was thinking and the heart of the matter.

I believe them to be the hardest people to fool. They will just know things from a profound level in an instant.

Most people will need to analyze a series of data, or events, or replay things in their mind to reach a certain conclusion. Even many water signs will need to assimilate and pull different feelings and impressions together, then work to understand their feelings (many times water signs are confused with conflicting feelings and impressions), then finally come to a conclusion. So whether you are operating from the logical-analysis perspective, or the feeling-assimilation perspective to reach a conclusion, all of that takes time.

But Mercury-Pluto positive aspects just knows, in an instant.

I find it to be a little different than Mercury-Uranus as well. I have Mercury-Uranus and I get flashes of insight. I just know too. But...and that's a big BUT - Uranus is always unpredictable! So you never know when those flashes of insight will come. Sometimes you are left in the lurch clueless for a while until the next lightning hit. Mercury Pluto seems to be much better directed in an everyday level.

I would love to understand how Mercury-Pluto operates. Anyone with the aspect care to chime in and explain how this mechanism works?

Last edited:

Witchyone

My experience with 4 people with Mercury Pluto positive aspects (Trine, Sextile, Semi-sextile, Conjunction) is like they have this magical ability to just know things. For example, in two out of the four, all I needed to do was to start a topic and begin speaking the first word, and they immediately know what I wanted, what I was thinking and the heart of the matter.

I believe them to be the hardest people to fool. They will just know things from a profound level in an instant.

Most people will need to analyze a series of data, or events, or replay things in their mind to reach a certain conclusion. Even many water signs will need to assimilate and pull different feelings and impressions together, then work to understand their feelings (many times water signs are confused with conflicting feelings and impressions), then finally come to a conclusion. So whether you are operating from the logical-analysis perspective, or the feeling-assimilation perspective to reach a conclusion, all of that takes time.

But Mercury-Pluto positive aspects just knows, in an instant.

I find it to be a little different than Mercury-Uranus as well. I have Mercury-Uranus and I get flashes of insight. I just know too. But...and that's a big BUT - Uranus is always unpredictable! So you never know when those flashes of insight will come. Sometimes you are left in the lurch clueless for a while until the next lightning hit. Mercury Pluto seems to be much better directed in an everyday level.

I would love to understand how Mercury-Pluto operates. Anyone with the aspect care to chime in and explain how this mechanism works?

I started to respond, and then I thought "shut up with this psychic business; remember that time you thought you knew something but you were wrong!?!" but I'm feeling compelled to respond again. I am not comfortable claiming psychic abilities, but I can say with certainty that I've seen things I can't explain and often know things I shouldn't. At any rate, this is very much an anecdote, so take it as such.

I have all but 2 of the placements mentioned in the OP, including Mercury square Pluto. I very much identify with your description of people with Mercury/Pluto contact, the immediately understanding what someone means and at what angle they're approaching it. I don't think of it as psychic knowing, though. I think of it as the way that I, personally, am very sensitive to stimuli (facial, bodily, and vocal queues that preempt words) and the way I am intelligent. I'm not good at advanced mathematics, and I lack the mental stamina and focus of a true scholar, but I am very quick on the uptake.

I also have Saturn conjunct Mercury (in Cancer), and Saturn squares Pluto in a tighter orb than Mercury squares Pluto (1° vs. 8°). I'll speak of the difficulties I notice after mentioning Saturn, because _maybe_ this explains what I note next.

I have had to practice not interrupting people all day, every day, my entire life, because I always know what they're going to say. It wasn't so hard when I was a shy and timid little girl. I didn't dare speak over anyone except my very close friends or younger sister (poor sister), and I played dumb about knowing things so I wouldn't be insufferable to people. Sometimes in school I would get bored and start asking the teacher questions to try to push the lesson along and make it go faster, but most times I just stopped paying attention after I understood a concept and then drifted into my fantasies.

The obvious problem with all of this is that everyone gets it wrong occasionally, including know-it-alls, so being used to knowing can leave you with a blind spot. I can't really explain why it is so frustrating to listen to someone drone on slowly, painstakingly to the end of their explanation about something you already get, but it is so very irritating. I get along best with other quick-thinking people who are able to read people's queues and adjust their speaking to meet their listener's needs (Oh, I see you already get this...let me move on to the next point instead of boring you).

I may have just described the mind of a Gemini instead of Pluto/Mercury.

aquarius7000

Thank you, firstly, for sharing your findings with us. I, however, cannot find myself in your findings. I can confirm to you, though, that I have a rahter well-developed sixth sense. I can give you some insight in to my natal aspects, which, I attribute to my psychic qualities.

Venus rules my 3rd house of the conscious mind and is exalted in Pisces conjunct a dignified Jupiter. Both planets are angular in the 7th house of others.

Venus is also tightly sextile my debilitated Moon in Capricorn, which is in the 5th house and rules the 12th house (of sleep and dreams). The Moon also conjuncts an exalted Mars, which rules the 9th house of "interpretation of visions and dreams" (as Al Biruni puts it) and of the higher truth. And, whilst I (thankfully) don't have Neptune in any sort of aspect with the Sun, my Venus does square Neptune in the fourth house of what happens beyond the end of life (again per Al Biruni). I also have a loose Jup-Nep.

I have, in my many years of learning Astrology, learnt to look more carefully at the important houses in relation to a particular subject matter (here psychic indicators) than just the planets and their aspects to each other.

...1. In all of the charts I studied of those who have -or claim to have- psychic ability, 100% of them had one or more planets in one or more of the water houses. The most popular house occupied out of the three houses was the 8th (59%), the 4th (occupied 43% of the time), then 12th (occupied in 40% of charts)

I did this research as a Libra adamant to prove it wasn't just water sign-ruled individuals that could be psychic :) actually, only in 37.5% of the charts had their Sun in a water sign, and even less for the position of the Moon- 21%. ...Thoughts??

Somna7H

Banned
I use to have Psychic Power(more or less).
Currently I'm feeling that I'm loosing my power day by day. I don't see much dream(Predictive) these days. I'm feeling unhappy from inside these day. Day to day life very harsh for me.

Few points according to 1st post suggest that I may have/had psichic power at some extent.

1. Planets in Water Sign.NN, Mercury and
Sun in Cancer. Jupiter in Scorpio.
2. Pluto Square Mercury.
3. Uranus Inconjunct Moon.
4. Neptune Inconjunct Sun.
5. Jupiter Semi-Sextile Neptune.
6. Moon Trine Pluto.
7. Neptune Opposite Moon,Venus and POF.
8. Uranus Trine Sun.
9. Mercury Conjunct NN in Cancer.
8. Neptune Conjunct 8th House Cusp.

My Chart for details:
http://imgur.com/hCRDawD

Last edited:

aquarius7000

Hi You might want to run a transit and prog. chart of the time when your psychic senses were heightened.

I use to have Psychic Power(more or less).
Currently I'm feeling that I'm loosing my power day by day. I don't see much dream(Predictive) these days. I'm feeling unhappy from inside these day. Day to day life very harsh for me.

Few points according to 1st post suggest that I may have/had psichic power at some extent.

1. Planets in Water Sign.NN, Mercury and
Sun in Cancer. Jupiter in Scorpio.
2. Pluto Square Mercury.
3. Uranus Inconjunct Moon.
4. Neptune Inconjunct Sun.
5. Jupiter Semi-Sextile Neptune.
6. Moon Trine Pluto.
7. Neptune Opposite Moon,Venus and POF.
8. Uranus Trine Sun.
9. Mercury Conjunct NN in Cancer.
8. Neptune Conjunct 8th House Cusp.

My Chart for details:
http://imgur.com/hCRDawD

GemwDepth

Account Closed
Thank you Witchyone. What you describe does sound a bit like a Gemini. Its difficult to separate everything we have inside of us -plus I also believe things do work cohesively together.

I've only observed Mercury / Pluto from an observer's standpoint, but I can imagine even if I was an owner, much of it will happens so fast in the subconscious that I personally would have a hard time explaining how a particular mechanism work. And then to separate it from everything else from a chart -wheww!. Thank you though.

Last edited:

Witchyone

Thank you Witchyone. What you describe does sound a bit like a Gemini. Its difficult to separate everything we have inside of us -plus I also believe things do work cohesively together.

I've only observed Mercury / Pluto from an observer's standpoint, but I can imagine even if I was an owner, much of it will happens so fast in the subconscious that I personally would have a hard time explaining how a particular mechanism work. And then to separate it from everything else from a chart -wheww!. Thank you though.

You're welcome. I agree. It's difficult, if not impossible, to tease out singular energies in a chart.

Yes, the predicting what someone is about to say and what they mean by it is all completely subconscious and instantaneous. It was interesting for me to attempt to describe it because I hadn't really thought of it as a thing I do until I saw you describe it. I also went into detail about the downside of it, but it's really a positive quality most of the time. People who operate the same way I do and people whose thoughts I can't predict really stand out from the crowd, for very different reasons.