Psyche:Astrological or Genetic?

ptolomy

I have become increasingly irritated when i hear the uninformed describe someones psychological nature using the phrase"It must be in his genes".
Being an astrologer for a long time i have learnt from experience that a persons psychological nature is definitely astrological in origin,but i have never yet heard of a convincing 'psychological gene'.
All the genetic behaviourist data i have read suggests psychological genes are very complex and difficult to explain,Not very convincing to me.
It appears to me that the only psychological nature i can associate with genes is the possible psychological nature that is the consequence of a physical condition.ie:A congenital illness might lead to depression.
The opposite side of that would be the commonly accepted opinion that if we get very depressed we are more likely to get ill,maybe the type of illness is more likely to be something you are congenitally susceptible to?
It looks to me that the 'Church of Science' is the only acceptable opinion irrespective of whether there is any real evidence.
Has anyone heard of a convincing psychological gene?

ptolomy

I have seen many charts with hard aspects to the 6th where a person has definitely had a lot of illness's connected to the planetary /aspect configurations.
Ive especially noticed stomach and digestive problems with this type of configuration,And ive also noticed that a lot of these illness's become worse when the configuration is activated by hard transit.
That appears to me to say a physical(maybe congenital condition/propensity) was initially psychological in origin and later led to a physical condition.
Could it be possible that it also works the other way round?

Lion o ness

What do you mean? Like if someone is told you will one day have "such illness" that eventually that person will get it...

I do think it can be physiological to a point. You can unconsciously do things that will make you ill..

ptolomy

What do you mean? Like if someone is told you will one day have "such illness" that eventually that person will get it...

I do think it can be physiological to a point. You can unconsciously do things that will make you ill..

That sounds like a 6th house opposition 12th house illness to me,ie:those who believe in reincarnation would say that a person with hard aspects between these 2 houses might have a 'karmic illness' related to previous life behaviour.And the person was born with a genetic weakness that was also consequently related,but that the psychological propensity came 1st.
Whilst a genticist would not have the data to see that that particular illness was originally preceeded by a psychological propensity despite there being a genetic propensity.

Lion o ness

LOL... Well I probably say that because I have a packed 6th house...
4 planets.. All Leo Sun,Moon,Merc,Mars..

If I worry about getting sick around say a special event.. Then I will get sick...

But on the other side, Im rarely sick.. I dont think about getting sick..

ptolomy

i was wondering about the other major 6th house planetary afflictions from planetary configurations 3rd to 6th and 9th to 6th,The 3/6 square suggests illnesses connected to Mind,Rational mental problems,Arms:'Gemini',Short journeys,Siblings,Physical movement,nervous disorders,memory,headaches,speech impediments,respitory problems etc
The 9/6 square appears to suggest illnesses of a more 'spiritual' origin ,maybe this connects to illness's more connected to low spirit literally?Illnesses connected to jupiterian types of conditions like blood disorders,circulation,liver problems,over eating and over weight illnesses could also be related to excess due to low spirit compensatory behaviour
I suppose what im getting at here is different illnesses are connected to different levels of the psyche relative to 3/6, 9/6 and 12/6 aspects and in that order.And similarly congenital abnormalities would have a connection to this framework but secondarily to the astrological configuration.

ptolomy

I have a theory, have a look at a whole family's charts, there are similar placements that can manifest in much the same way, for instance, my sons sun is conjunct my moon, , so we both share a strong aries influence in our daily lives (driving too fast, rushing too much etc)., another example, Daughters sun conjunct my sun, we are both very libran at heart, or another, my other daughter has her venus conjunct my I.C., these "traits" are inherited through our birth charts, and also our genes, pointing to the idea that our conception chart and birth chart shape our genetic code if that makes sense! These behavioural patterns are easy to see in some adopted children, often the biological parents had drug or violence issues, so the children are adopted out to caring families, then when the adopted child hits the teenage years the biological parents issues pop up, drug use(neptune/venus) and violence(pluto/mars/saturn/uranus) A comparison of the parents and childs charts should show repeating themes! It looks to me like there is a definite link between our genetic make-up and our parents conception and birthcharts. Maybe one day someone will work out

Yes ive noticed the 'family psychological genetic inheritance' for want of a better description,Surprising how often ive seen particular planetary aspects cropping up in the same family.if this happened with a 6th house configuration i would expect a congenital problem or physiological advantage could recur as well.

ptolomy

LOL... Well I probably say that because I have a packed 6th house...
4 planets.. All Leo Sun,Moon,Merc,Mars..

If I worry about getting sick around say a special event.. Then I will get sick...

But on the other side, Im rarely sick.. I dont think about getting sick..

I suspect you dont have any difficult aspects to those 6th house planets?

Lion o ness

Interesting... I really tell you about the squares.. But I have Saturn in H3 which sextiles my sun.moon.merc.. 3/6

Like I said I think I wont get sick and I dont.. Maybe I fight it mentally???? Or maybe I can bring it on, if I worry about getting sick... IDK for sure...
Ive never had the childhood illness like chicken pox or miseals.

I have mars sq neptune... 6/9

Humm the low spirit, I would have to think on... But in general... If im sad or really confused... I loose all my energy (but isnt that normal) When I loose my energy.. I take 3 naps a day.. I feel like I cant do anything... Everything suffers, home,work, daily activites. Until I snap out of it.... Honestly to get me to snap out, is for me to understand what ever the real problem is..

But i also have the pisces Asc.. So I take in people.. Some times its unbearable for me... I have to just hide behind closed doors.. I shut everyone out...

Lion o ness

I suspect you dont have any difficult aspects to those 6th house planets?

Only my mars is afflicted but its out of sign.. And its sort of wide..

26Leo mars sq 2Sag Neptune..

Sun.Moon.Mercy rx conjunct
sextiles saturn
sextiles uranus

My moon is combust.

ptolomy

Only my mars is afflicted but its out of sign.. And its sort of wide..

26Leo mars sq 2Sag Neptune..

Sun.Moon.Mercy rx conjunct
sextiles saturn
sextiles uranus

My moon is combust.

I see what you mean by the square being dissociate,but the planets are just about within orb to cause behaviour you have described,It certainly sounds very evasively Neptunian.

Lion o ness

Yes ive noticed the 'family psychological genetic inheritance' for want of a better description,Surprising how often ive seen particular planetary aspects cropping up in the same family.if this happened with a 6th house configuration i would expect a congenital problem or physiological advantage could recur as well.

I have noticed this also... My family has a huge problem with drugs/Alcohol.. I have the mars sq neptune... but I never let it take me..

I was taken away from most of my family at the age of 6 by my mom, I never got into drugs or alcohol. I can barely even drink... I rarely drink, what drug use Ive seen, I despise.

Maybe its cuz I was "taken" out of that at an early age...

ptolomy

I have noticed this also... My family has a huge problem with drugs/Alcohol.. I have the mars sq neptune... but I never let it take me..

I was taken away from most of my family at the age of 6 by my mom, I never got into drugs or alcohol. I can barely even drink... I rarely drink, what drug use Ive seen, I despise.

Maybe its cuz I was "taken" out of that at an early age...

So you have seen similar mars/neptune planetary configurations in your families charts especially in the ones that have drug problems?,You saying maybe you didnt develop the drug behaviour because you were taken out at 6 years old, Could be something to do with not modeling your genetic parents behaviour through successive mars neptune transits and cycles,I wonder if your adoptive parents had an alternative mars neptune configuration or something similar as an alternative behavioural framework for the energy?
Ive seen this happen before, which suggests to me that somethings are preordained.

ptolomy

I sure ive heard behavioural geneticists say theyve discovered a gene connected to alcoholism a few times over the last decade.It would be interesting to compare their data with astrological data to see if planets like neptune appeared regularly in difficult configurations to the 6th.

Lion o ness

Well no you sort of misunderstood...

Yes my family has hard Neptune aspects.. Not necessarily to Mars.. Some Sun,Moon.Asc...

I wasnt adopted.. My mom packed me and her up and moved 3k miles away from all the other family members... (most of which have drug issues)
So it was only myself and my mother...
My mom was a fighter, and she struggled to survive, BUT she still had her drugs/alcohol..(mostly weed) She some how balanced these... She maintained control and didnt let it over power her... I was still in the presence of it...

AFTER I turned 18 my mom THEN lost control with drugs and then became an addict... (got into harder drugs)
When she did, I disconnected myself from her and would not have anything to do with her...
I refuse to be around drugs or anyone on it... Its deep in my psyche so to speak... Yes even my own mother I would not allow around me, while on drugs...
Well she is clean now... She straighten out, and moved back to our hometown with her family..
I havent seen my mom in like 10 years..

I guess maybe she was predestined to have me, and bring me to Calif raise me here, and then move on...

My ex husband became an alcoholic, He was "taken" out of the house, and I cut him out of my life also...

Family wise back in the hometown
I have an uncle he was an alcoholic, he drowned in a cemetery.. YES a cemetery.. He fell in the pond and was so drunk he couldnt get out..

My aunt.. She's bad... Addicted to everything.. Cigs,Alcohol,gambling.. Not sure about drugs..

there's more, but u get the pic...

Lion o ness

Oo.. I wanted to add.. I do know I have a drug sensitivity... I feel it inside...
That also goes along with the Pis Asc though too.

Even prescription medicine I have a hard time with.. Ive never been able to complete a prescription. Medicine makes me sicker than a dog... Its better for me to heal with my own system, verses taking medicine..

When I do HAVE to take medicine it takes me a week to recover from the medicine...
My body is extremely sensitive to medicine. I know I was rushed to the hospital as a child because of penicillin.. I had a small infection.. no biggie.. I was given penicillin and had an allergic reaction and was rushed to the hospital.. I dont remember if they pumped my stomach or not.. i just remember everyone running around all crazy...

ptolomy

I was thinking that maybe if you can accept that there is such a thing as 'higher conciousness' ,that the answer is very simple,'higher conciousness' decides when a soul should be born and into what family,and therefore can choose a family that has the right genetic inheritance suitable for the souls astrological chart experience for this life time.
Theoretically there should be a lot of mothers giving birth around the same moment in time but they wont have the same genetic makeup,but only 'higher consciousness' can know what is a suitable planetary body suitable for that particular souls experience.
Many who believe in reincarnation say that there are groups of souls that work together to incarnate at the same period in history to attain a certain objective,but this suggests that births would be preordained to certain familes?
Hmmm,just speculating.

ptolomy

http://www.magiastrology.com/synch/synch.html
Interesting ideas on this link,i especially like the argument that if science was right and genes are responsible for our psychological nature, that therefore the genetic inheritance from our parents should decide whether we are successful in psychological skills that lead to success in life,Then, by that theory our parents or our children should be successful as well,but this does not appear to be the case in real life,Almost all top artists, scientists,musicians etc dont have parents or children who have special talents in these psychological traits.
But in my opinion it appears to me that the genetics of one parent combine with the genetics of the other,and both parents dont have to have the successful genes ,so its the combination and not the individual that matters for the genetic inheritance of the person,and theoretically the same applies to the persons children,all the children have different personalities.????

ptolomy

So theoretically i would expect a better chance of proving the scientific theory mentioned above if both parents were skilled in the same art/skill/psychological nature,that their children would also have similar abilities.
I dont think ive seen this to be the case in real life,i might be mistaken,but i think that the success of some of these types of children is more likely to do with nepotism rather than inherited genetics ,and being around such parents would also give experience that others cannot have in the particular field the parents excell in.
All this particular area of theory reminds me of my greatest fear, if it were true what geneticists believe,that they(the corporates especially) would attempt a eugenic/genetic breeding programme ,and if we were born to the wrong genetic parents we would have no hope in life to achieve anything except by random chance genetic combinations.And because the gene pool was being manipulated from an egotistical and corporate understanding it would narrow down what was a desirable genetic makeup and eventually weaken the gene pool.
On top of this is the more obvious underclass problem ,the people who would not be considered worthy to the higher echelons of society.