Progressions, Transits, and aspects help

Fabster

Hi all! My interest in astrology is somewhat newer, but I am pondering over questions, and wondering if anyone may have a good explanation.

1. I understand the difference between transits and progressions. However, do meanings of aspects differ whether they are associated with progressions or transits?
2. Is the aspect between two progressed planets more significant than one between a progressed planet to a natal planet?
3. I have a progressed Moon in Sagittarius in the first house trine progressed Venus in Aries in my fourth house, which both also reflect their natal positions. Is there any particular significance to that?

Thank you to anyone who could enlighten me.

dr. farr

Relative to question 2, it is my opinion that an aspect between a progressed planet & a natal one is more significant than an aspect between 2 progressed planets.

Fabster

Relative to question 2, it is my opinion that an aspect between a progressed planet & a natal one is more significant than an aspect between 2 progressed planets.
Ah, thank you! I would have thought the opposite to be true. So, that is useful to know.

dr. farr

There are many authorities who consider the reverse of my opinion to be the correct answer to question #2.

For me (and the authorities which share my opinion) anything which directly touches the original (natal) elements/factors of a chart is given more emphasis than developments over time which make no such direct connections.

Fabster

There are many authorities who consider the reverse of my opinion to be the correct answer to question #2.

For me (and the authorities which share my opinion) anything which directly touches the original (natal) elements/factors of a chart is given more emphasis than developments over time which make no such direct connections.
I appreciate the feedback, Dr. Farr.

dr. farr

In answer to question #3, since the progressed planets also reflect the natal positions of those planets, I think this progression would be a very significant restatement in current time of the original natal influences first indicated.

IleneK

Premium Member
I would suggest you be more clear about what you are asking in 1. Say some more about it?

In question 2, I agree with Dr Farr, and also that the progressed aspect is of import as well, reflecting the perfection of transits in the natal chart very early on in the native's life.

And with 3, also agree with Dr Farr. I am not exactly sure what you mean by the progressed aspect "reflects" their natal positions/aspect. But whatever you are saying it appears the progressed planets and the aspect between them is a restatement or recapitulation of a planetary relationship in the natal, so noteworthy.

Frisiangal

1. I understand the difference between transits and progressions. However, do meanings of aspects differ whether they are associated with progressions or transi
The functional activity of a planet does not change but the nature of an aspect between the same two planets can, whereby a soft aspect can undergo a harsh aspect that 'challenges' the natal meaning; or vice versa.
The function of a planet itself can have many general meanings. Sign/House rulership can provide info. regarding how said planet will 'act' in the sign/house in which it is natally placed.
E.g. Mercury rules my Asc. and M.C. and is natally placed in Taurus in 9th house. Had penfriends over the world from age 9, worked in positions of statistics, (machine) banking. Once living abroad further career was in publication correspondence field, international monetary exchange, luxury sales in a 5-star foreign hotel. Learning astrology and its subsequent effects came later in life.:smile:

2. Is the aspect between two progressed planets more significant than one between a progressed planet to a natal planet?

3. I have a progressed Moon in Sagittarius in the first house trine progressed Venus in Aries in my fourth house, which both also reflect their natal positions. Is there any particular significance to that?
2)Progressed to natal planets are important for 'life changing circumstances' at the time.
3) In Bernatte Brady's book 'Predictive Astrology' a.k.a 'The Eagle and The Lark', I recall reading (but now cannot find:sad:) that (paraphrasing) progressed to progressed planets that made no natal aspect were indicative of a new (functional) aspect of life evolving, as it were, within the individual.
Progressed Moon to progressed planets would appear to show 'a feeling response', according to progressed signs, of how the planet is functioning at any given time.

Fabster

The functional activity of a planet does not change but the nature of an aspect between the same two planets can, whereby a soft aspect can undergo a harsh aspect that 'challenges' the natal meaning; or vice versa.
The function of a planet itself can have many general meanings. Sign/House rulership can provide info. regarding how said planet will 'act' in the sign/house in which it is natally placed.
E.g. Mercury rules my Asc. and M.C. and is natally placed in Taurus in 9th house. Had penfriends over the world from age 9, worked in positions of statistics, (machine) banking. Once living abroad further career was in publication correspondence field, international monetary exchange, luxury sales in a 5-star foreign hotel. Learning astrology and its subsequent effects came later in life.:smile:

2)Progressed to natal planets are important for 'life changing circumstances' at the time.
3) In Bernatte Brady's book 'Predictive Astrology' a.k.a 'The Eagle and The Lark', I recall reading (but now cannot find:sad:) that (paraphrasing) progressed to progressed planets that made no natal aspect were indicative of a new (functional) aspect of life evolving, as it were, within the individual.
Progressed Moon to progressed planets would appear to show 'a feeling response', according to progressed signs, of how the planet is functioning at any given time.
Thank you, Frisiangal for the detailed explanations. Much appreciated! Especially re: the progressed aspect!

Fabster

I would suggest you be more clear about what you are asking in 1. Say some more about it?

In question 2, I agree with Dr Farr, and also that the progressed aspect is of import as well, reflecting the perfection of transits in the natal chart very early on in the native's life.

And with 3, also agree with Dr Farr. I am not exactly sure what you mean by the progressed aspect "reflects" their natal positions/aspect. But whatever you are saying it appears the progressed planets and the aspect between them is a restatement or recapitulation of a planetary relationship in the natal, so noteworthy.
Thank you for the feedback and confirmation of Dr. Farr's answers. For #3, what I mean is that the progressed planets as listed are in the same signs and houses as in the natal chart.