Progressed Venus in 12th House for the whole life: how terrible is this?

Blue Lioness

hey there guys,

I was looking at my progressed chart when I noticed I have my Progressed Venus in 12th house - and it goes like this for decades! all the other planets have their houses changed in other moments, but Venus is always in the 12th. I'm pretty worried about it, since I already have my Natal Venus in Cancer in the 12th house, extremely conjunct Chiron and it never helped me much in the matters of the heart.

How bad can this "everlasting" placement be for my life?

Attachments

• progressed chart.jpg
    progressed chart.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 14

dowhanawi

Well something is off, cause it moves through the sky and the earth moves and seasons change etc. But I have Venus in cancer 12 natal also, mine is conjunct Saturn. It has been hell, Cuz I have let it be hell. Till now. I've decided to take charge, work on who *I* am in a relationship, how I value *myself*. I will work on letting the positives reign through and haul in the negatives. For example I am dutifully and committed in love, I will do that still but with more self esteem, and give myself the same. I am sympathetic, sweet, carrying etc. On the 12th house side I have great insights into relations and things related to them (its what I do), and its time I applied that to me also. On another side if that as an activist I fight and speak for those represented in the 12th house (doesn't mean I need to date them). Work in those positives, fix the negatives and it will work out.

Frisiangal

Hi,
You have submitted ONLY a progressed chart that doesn't really have any foundation of merit on it own. You need to make a natal chart WITH progressions (and eventual solar arc directions) added on the outer rim. Astro, com provides this possibility in its extended section. You will see where sec. progr. Venus is situated in regards to its natal position. It may have crossed the natal Ascendant in the last few years. This will provide a bigger picture of the significance of Venus in your life.

As the angles and house cusps move also, and natal Venus was in early Cancer at the time of birth, this is the reason that Sec. prog. Venus appears to stay in the 12th house.

The 12th house natal position will provide information about the houses on which Taurus and Libra are placed. It doesn't necessarily mean a loveless life. Could mean exactly the opposite in the search for Mr. Right.:wink:

ashriia

How bad can this "everlasting" placement be for my life?

Progressed Venus in the 12th is not an everlasting placement, if you have Natal venus in the 12th.

I have natal venus in the 12th, not too long ago Venus left the 12th house via progression and moved into the 1st. Granted it feels different, but I've learned so much about self love, and what is really of value to me in partnerships. And Venus in the 12th brought me love & relationships to people in far away lands that were critical to my self development. Venus in the 12th *does* *not* mean you will not have relationships! Frankly, I had more romances while venus was in the 12th. Now that venus has moved on... I'm more concerned with long term financial security, and having a peaceful homelife. As that is what I most value(venus). :smile:

Blue Lioness

Hi,
You have submitted ONLY a progressed chart that doesn't really have any foundation of merit on it own. You need to make a natal chart WITH progressions (and eventual solar arc directions) added on the outer rim. Astro, com provides this possibility in its extended section. You will see where sec. progr. Venus is situated in regards to its natal position. It may have crossed the natal Ascendant in the last few years. This will provide a bigger picture of the significance of Venus in your life.

As the angles and house cusps move also, and natal Venus was in early Cancer at the time of birth, this is the reason that Sec. prog. Venus appears to stay in the 12th house.

The 12th house natal position will provide information about the houses on which Taurus and Libra are placed. It doesn't necessarily mean a loveless life. Could mean exactly the opposite in the search for Mr. Right.:wink:

hey Frisiangal,
i've done as you told, and my progr. Venus is in my natal 1st house, as you can see in the image. so I should look for how my progressed chart relate with my natal chart? couldn't I just try to make an interpretation of it alone?

Attachments

• progressed and natal chart.jpg
    progressed and natal chart.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 11

Blue Lioness

Progressed Venus in the 12th is not an everlasting placement, if you have Natal venus in the 12th.

I have natal venus in the 12th, not too long ago Venus left the 12th house via progression and moved into the 1st. Granted it feels different, but I've learned so much about self love, and what is really of value to me in partnerships. And Venus in the 12th brought me love & relationships to people in far away lands that were critical to my self development. Venus in the 12th *does* *not* mean you will not have relationships! Frankly, I had more romances while venus was in the 12th. Now that venus has moved on... I'm more concerned with long term financial security, and having a peaceful homelife. As that is what I most value(venus). :smile:

hello ashriia, thank you for your reply.
I understand quite well about how venus in the 12th can be good in order to make me value relationships, but sometimes I feel very lonely because of it, since my generation doesn't seem to value what I do. sometimes is really difficult to have partnerships - I feel I could love and donate love freely to all the people, but it never comes back. I don't know if any of this makes sense.

Yeah me having Moon/12th never made me not have relationships. I had more relationships than I could handle at many times in my life, and yes a lot of them from far away lands. So I agree that having Venus or even the Moon in the 12th doesn't mean you won't have relationships, romantic ones or otherwise. A lot of times I choose to be alone and in my own private world though, especially as I get older; but I think that's because I've been in need to do a lot of soul-searching, not because I'm forced into it. :)

katydid

hey Frisiangal,
i've done as you told, and my progr. Venus is in my natal 1st house, as you can see in the image. so I should look for how my progressed chart relate with my natal chart? couldn't I just try to make an interpretation of it alone?

Progressions need to be read with the natal as the backdrop. They do not mean much by themselves because they only 'exist' because of the natal birth.

Your Pr Venus is going to change signs, out of the protective, withdrawn watery Cancer, and into the more social, enthusiastic warmth of Leo. It will be a more socially active time for you and opportunities to connect in relationships will appear. There will be a nice sextile from the Pr Venus to the natal Jupiter and semisextile to natal Venus. Thus it will be a time that is lucky and beneficial for you to meet new potential partners.

Please remember, that even if a transit/progression sets up a possibility, it is still up to the person to help make it happen. If Pr Venus entering Leo and sextileing Jupiter enhances the opportunities to meet others, you still have to do your part by going out with friends to social settings, and having openness to meeting and conversing and accepting opportunities as they arise.

The natal moon/chiron/venus might have a habit of hibernating or cocooning and not opening up to others as often as you could:wink:.

Pr Venus is 28Cancer so it is the very end of the old cycle. Great time to begin reading up on Leo and the first house. Read descriptions of Venus in Leo in the first to see how you will soon evolve. And try to begin incorporating that behavior slowly now.

Last edited: