Progressed Moon in the 12th...

ethertwist

I'm about a year and a half into hosting my Progressed Moon in my natal 12th house (Cancer) with about another year to go :)unsure:) and I'm curious to read of other people's experiences of having the Progressed Moon moving through their natal 12th house??? Much of what I've read about this seems somewhat dour. I would love to know more of how this manifested for other people during the 2 1/2 years (give or take).

For me, it's been pretty textbook in that I've definitely felt the need to be more reclusive (natally my Sun and Venus are in the 12th, so this has not been a terribly difficult adjustment for me) and not wanting to stray too far from home or places that make me feel comfortable and safe. When the P. Moon was moving through my natal 11th, I was definitely much more on the go, social, and not as tired as I seem to be these days. A relationship I was in also hit the skids just as the P. Moon entered the 12th and so it's been an emotionally exhausting time as well. I also cut off a friendship that I felt was draining and my social network has definitely pruned itself down to a select few.

I'm currently in the process of attempting to make a career change and find new employment. I have Jupiter transiting my 10th, Mars transiting the 2nd for an extended period of time, and Pluto beginning a long journey through my 6th, so on paper this should be an especially fertile period for employment matters and such, but I wonder if the Prog. Moon is slowing that process?? Bernadette Brady writes of this time as being very difficult for outward achievement and recognition because essentially "no one can see you". She basically says to forget about anything that doesn't have to do with personal development, which would be fabulous if that also paid the bills!:lol: The prospect of this is very frustrating because it seems to run counter to everything I'm hoping for at the moment. I'm holding out some hope that this might be mitigated for me by the fact that my Prog. Moon will be conjuncting my Natal Sun this fall (which exactly squares my MC) and just recently my Progressed Ascendant moved into Virgo (work, work, work!).

To bring this back to the universal, has anyone made any major life changes, external rather than just internal, during this period??

Any and all wisdom and personal narratives would be much appreciated!

:smile:

lilly02

Hello,

I will have my Moon in the 12th house in 2015. I have Brady’s book, too.

Marion March and Joan McEvers in their book “ The Only Way to Learn about Tomorrow” give some positive examples for this position. Walt Disney conceived Mickey Mouse; Margaret Mead undertook her first field study; Judy Garland received an Oscar nomination when the progressed Moon was in the 12th house. An Oscar nomination is recognition.

According to these authors, what really happens depends upon many factors in the natal chart and the person’s attitude toward life. The position may be positive or negative from person to person.

The 12th house is a cadent house. With the progressed Moon in a cadent house there may be new experiences, learning involving travels, educational activities, etc.
The 12th house is also a water house. Moon here may be involved with reflection, withdrawal, a deep learning, spiritual development.

The 12th house, as the 6th, is a house of “crisis” (the passage from Northern/Southern Hemisphere). But, the word “crise” implies development. With the Moon in the 12th house there is the end of a cycle and a rebirth. At first this rebirth is internal, after clarifying some priorities in the 11th house. The rebirth will be an event before the Moon enters the 1st house.
According to Arroyo there is always an event or experience before the exit of the planet from that house ( 6° to 8° before entering the next house). I found this true for Saturn in transit, too. My progressed Moon was to enter the 10th house and I changed my job. The event related to my 10th house happened before ( 3° or 4° in Placidus). Arroyo uses Koch houses.

Claire19

The 12th house is our weaknesses, neuroses and our search for faith and spirituality. What we are doing when we are alone and it is the house of retreat, institutions and charity. It is our karmic inheritance to a large extent and what we bring from the past

. The 8th is the house of crises rather and transformations that arise from those.

The 12th is hard house to come to grips as it deals with the sub conscious and the intangible. It is illusion and disillusion. Increased psychic abilities may be noticed with the Moon involved there.

Depending what aspects the progressed Moon is making in the natal chart and what aspects are echoed in the natal chart so you need to load that for any real personal comments.

It can mean that family member needs care or is in care, or that you want a home that is rather secluded and secret. You may need more privacy and take up meditation etc.

Claire19

Hello,

I will have my Moon in the 12th house in 2015. I have Brady’s book, too.

Marion March and Joan McEvers in their book “ The Only Way to Learn about Tomorrow” give some positive examples for this position. Walt Disney conceived Mickey Mouse; Margaret Mead undertook her first field study; Judy Garland received an Oscar nomination when the progressed Moon was in the 12th house. An Oscar nomination is recognition.

According to these authors, what really happens depends upon many factors in the natal chart and the person’s attitude toward life. The position may be positive or negative from person to person.

The 12th house is a cadent house. With the progressed Moon in a cadent house there may be new experiences, learning involving travels, educational activities, etc.
The 12th house is also a water house. Moon here may be involved with reflection, withdrawal, a deep learning, spiritual development.

The 12th house, as the 6th, is a house of “crisis” (the passage from Northern/Southern Hemisphere). But, the word “crise” implies development. With the Moon in the 12th house there is the end of a cycle and a rebirth. At first this rebirth is internal, after clarifying some priorities in the 11th house. The rebirth will be an event before the Moon enters the 1st house.
According to Arroyo there is always an event or experience before the exit of the planet from that house ( 6° to 8° before entering the next house). I found this true for Saturn in transit, too. My progressed Moon was to enter the 10th house and I changed my job. The event related to my 10th house happened before ( 3° or 4° in Placidus). Arroyo uses Koch houses.[/QUOTE

Travel and education belongs to the 9th house, Sagittariius,. Jupiter does not rule the 12th house, Neptune does. The Jupiter connection as co ruler deals with issues of faith and religion. Rather the 12th deals with being sequestered and not out in the broad world and travelling. I

ethertwist

lilly02, thank you so much for your awesome reply!

That is quite an impressive list of accomplishments from some very impressive people. I need to pick up that book as I've seen it referenced numerous times and it's always been something really insightful.

According to Arroyo there is always an event or experience before the exit of the planet from that house ( 6° to 8° before entering the next house). I found this true for Saturn in transit, too. My progressed Moon was to enter the 10th house and I changed my job. The event related to my 10th house happened before ( 3° or 4° in Placidus). Arroyo uses Koch houses.

I love Arroyo's approach to astrology and I definitely have experienced the case of Saturn leaving a "gift" upon leaving a house. I'm hoping it's the same with the Progressed Moon.

Whatever house the P. Moon is moving through, it really does seem to cast an influence over a person's outlook and orientation, at least I've found it to be quite accurate.

ethertwist

The 12th house is our weaknesses, neuroses and our search for faith and spirituality. What we are doing when we are alone and it is the house of retreat, institutions and charity. It is our karmic inheritance to a large extent and what we bring from the past

The 12th is hard house to come to grips as it deals with the sub conscious and the intangible. It is illusion and disillusion. Increased psychic abilities may be noticed with the Moon involved there.

Depending what aspects the progressed Moon is making in the natal chart and what aspects are echoed in the natal chart so you need to load that for any real personal comments.

Claire, thank you!

Good point about how aspects aren't always noticeable unless they echo an aspect between the two planets in a natal chart. I've often found that to be true.

lilly02

Hello,.[/QUOTE

Travel and education belongs to the 9th house, Sagittariius,. Jupiter does not rule the 12th house, Neptune does. The Jupiter connection as co ruler deals with issues of faith and religion. Rather the 12th deals with being sequestered and not out in the broad world and travelling. I

Hello Claire19,

The speed of the progressed Moon is close to the speed of Saturn in transit.
The positions of Saturn in transit and Progressed Moon in angular, succedent and cadent houses or the element type ( water, etc) may have the same interpretations. (S. Arroyo "Astrology, Karma and Transformation").

With my Saturn in transit in the 12th ( cadent house) I gave up an educational aim for another. I was implied in educational issues and I travelled abroad 6 times in 1 year. ( cadent houses issues).
The 12th house was a transition period, the end of an old cycle. My ambitions, convictions changed too.

The 12th house is a cadent and a water house and a complete analysis should take this in consideration. As Erin Sullivan in "Saturn in transit" writes about, during the "heroic journey", in the 12th house there is a kind of death. And the manifestation of the death of the ego may take different forms: job loss, transfer, illness, withdrawal, loss of interest in what was a passion before, the meaning of life may be questioned, etc but this may also a good period for writing, learning, changing motivations for actions, etc.
I found this true during this transit in the 12th house. And one of these manifestations made me travel and change my convictions and ambitions. I was obliged to travel, I did not amused myself , so I don’t agree with your interpretation “the 12th deals with being sequestered and not out in the broad world and travelling”.
I am a living example that a 12th house doesn’t involve a type sequestration all the time. It may involve this, of course, when a writer withdraw for his writings, there is a form of “sequestration” or spending all the time in the house, hospitalizations, etc.
But before taking one interpretation or another for the 12th house transitions, progressions or natally, the whole chart may be considered, the elements, etc. With a progressed Moon in the 8th house, Neptune in the 6th, Jupiter in the 4th, no solar arcs for travels, no progressions , Uranus in 7th house if Jupiter isn’t the co-ruler of the 12th house and if the 12th isn’t a cadent house… I don’t see…
Jupiter is faith and religion for those implied in religion and faith. It’s cultural. You know, there are countries where religion is forbidden in schools, universities and the christening ceremony is not performed. These people are not interested in religion, church and faith. There are also law, travels, education, expansion, administration issues, etc, involved with Jupiter. Jupiter ruled the 12th house before discovering Neptune and now Jupiter co-rules the 12th and rules the 9th. With a lot of house systems and sidereal, tropical, medieval, traditional, contemporary astrology and different methodologies , philosophies, etc, astrology is complex. We read, see an astrologer, we begin with an astrologer method and with a house system and we are used to it. When I first studied astrology, my professor taught us that Jupiter co-ruled the 12th house. I found another astrologer afterwards who did not use the same methods, no Neptune, Uranus, Pluto, not the same system. I accept this too, his interpretations were accurate, too.
So, I respect your method if your interpretations are accurate, everything is ok. But travelling isn't easy to delienate in a chart and the 12th doen't hinder the education, nor the travels.

Last edited:

KristyDarling

Hi, I'm hope that 's not to late to reply.
When I had my progressed moon exactly on my 12th Cusp.
I was turned to astrology and I 'm turning myself "inward" since then. It's like my physical body is here but my mind gone somewhere searching for the answer.

I have jupiter in12th tight conjunct my AC . With Jupiter in 12th , i read it somewher that ..jupitor is a phylosophy planet , it's placement also indicate where you find your phylosophy/truth of life ...anyway mine in 12th , then some period of this life , I will be secretly alone searching for the truth.

Things get worst when Mars transit in 12th , I can't get a deep sleep , so deprived , no more socialize, etc. And more and more secretive, I 'm trying now very hard not too loose my identity in my social , try too keep up with friends , try to more talkative with my co-worker , try to be a good family member..etc:sleeping:

I wish transit Mars move to my 1st soon , then I could be more socialize.

KristyDarling

I'm currently in the process of attempting to make a career change and find new employment. I have Jupiter transiting my 10th, Mars transiting the 2nd for an extended period of time, and Pluto beginning a long journey through my 6th, so on paper this should be an especially fertile period for employment matters and such, but I wonder if the Prog. Moon is slowing that process?? Bernadette Brady writes of this time as being very difficult for outward achievement and recognition because essentially "no one can see you". She basically says to forget about anything that doesn't have to do with personal development, which would be fabulous if that also paid the bills!:lol: The prospect of this is very frustrating because it seems to run counter to everything I'm hoping for at the moment. I'm holding out some hope that this might be mitigated for me by the fact that my Prog. Moon will be conjuncting my Natal Sun this fall (which exactly squares my MC) and just recently my Progressed Ascendant moved into Virgo (work, work, work!).

To bring this back to the universal, has anyone made any major life changes, external rather than just internal, during this period??

I read from Brady and Teal , when progressed moon in12th. , and you also have your tarnsit Jupiter in10th . It's a sign that you will heading too your inner with your t-Jupiter support that matters. You will definitly see somethings there and accumulate the positive result when progressed moon in 1st.

Ethertwist , how is your life right now? , It's just beginning for me , more years to come

ethertwist

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
Hi, I'm hope that 's not to late to reply.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]When I had my progressed moon exactly on my 12th Cusp.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I was turned to astrology and I 'm turning myself "inward" since then. It's like my physical body is here but my mind gone somewhere searching for the answer. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have jupiter in12th tight conjunct my AC . With Jupiter in 12th , i read it somewher that ..jupitor is a phylosophy planet , it's placement also indicate where you find your phylosophy/truth of life ...anyway mine in 12th , then some period of this life , I will be secretly alone searching for the truth.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Things get worst when Mars transit in 12th , I can't get a deep sleep , so deprived , no more socialize, etc. And more and more secretive, I 'm trying now very hard not too loose my identity in my social , try too keep up with friends , try to more talkative with my co-worker , try to be a good family member..etc:sleeping:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I wish transit Mars move to my 1st soon , then I could be more socialize.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]It's never too late to reply and I so appreciate that you did! :smile:[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I totally relate with what you said about your physical body being here but your mind has gone in search of answers seemingly in some other realm. Very apt for me. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think Jupiter in the 12th is actually a nice placement. As lilly02 outlined, Jupiter co-rules the 12th and I've read that it confers a degree of protection, perhaps as if you have a sort of cosmic safety net with help from the "other side" when things get really difficult. Jupiter is about expxansion, so I would assume that Jupiter in the 12th would expand the capacity to empathize with others. I think the search for truth is a primarily internal process for Jupiter in the 12th, rather than seeking it externally. The 12th house also deals with our dreams (when sleeping), so I think there's a great deal of information that can be gleaned from dream analysis in your case. Not easy to do if you're not sleeping! The energy of Mars runs counter to all that the 12th represents (Mars needs to move and the 12th is all about reflection and stasis), so I can see how Mars' extended stay in Virgo in your 12th has created some frustration and insomnia for you. Your mind is on the move, but your body can't muster the stamina to follow suit. With Mars direct now and picking up steam, I think you'll find that your energy increases as it approaches your 1st house. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
I read from Brady and Teal , when progressed moon in12th. , and you also have your tarnsit Jupiter in10th . It's a sign that you will heading too your inner with your t-Jupiter support that matters. You will definitly see somethings there and accumulate the positive result when progressed moon in 1st.
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Ethertwist , how is your life right now? , It's just beginning for me , more years to come [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I will have to read more of what Celeste Teal says about it. Thank you![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]My life currently feels like it's on pause. I''ve been feeling tremendously nostalgic (Prog. Moon in Cancer) and interested in the past in general (not just my own). It definitely feels like things are wrapping themselves up before there's a big shift, but it seems so frustratingly slow. Another key for understanding this cycle for me has been looking at the Progressed Lunar Phase. Mine is currently in a Balsalmic phase, which is the final phase in the lunar cycle before the Progressed New Moon (which I'll experience in about 2-2 1/2 more years). That also relates to closing out a cycle and preparing to start anew. The final signature for me is that transiting Saturn is currently conjunct my IC, another signpost that I'm soon going to be entering a 14 year phase of "coming out" after a period of "obscurity" when Saturn was transiting houses 1-3. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I think the way one deals with the Progressed Moon in the 12th has a lot to do with how one deals with 12th house issues in general and yes that does include more solitude. I think it's the perfect time to work on a goal and lay groundwork for changes to come. In a way, even though it's maddeningly slow at times, it does go by pretty fast in the grand scheme of things. Best wishes...:smile:[/FONT]

Caro

My progressed moon is in libra in 12th h.

For a a number of years the progressed moon has been conj the saturn transit. so it has had a very sobering effect (as the moon (progressed ) and saturn have similar times in each sign.) Looking back this has been going on since 1985! so it has been felt in all houses has it has move around my chart with saturn!:w00t: natally I have moon in pisces at 9 degrees and saturn at 27 degrees.

the progressed moon will breakaway next month moving into my first house. (saturn still in 12th conj natal mars)

maybe I should throw a party. :tongue:

it needs to be read in context with the rest of the chart. but adds another layer in this case of austerity and cooling of the emotions and reserve and detachment - I gues the influence is something like a natal capricorn moon. I would say I have become quite stoical in the face of adversity. also aware of the shadow side.

Caro

I would agree with travel when saturn is in 12th H. it is a good way to think outside the 12th H cloistered box. in fact I would encourage anyone with a saturn in 12th H transit to travel(safely) to let the sun in - so to sunny climates but peaceful places. (!!!)

a number of astrologers on this site do not look at progressions. which is quite interesting.

julia

I'm about a year and a half into hosting my Progressed Moon in my natal 12th house (Cancer) with about another year to go :)unsure:) and I'm curious to read of other people's experiences of having the Progressed Moon moving through their natal 12th house??? Much of what I've read about this seems somewhat dour. I would love to know more of how this manifested for other people during the 2 1/2 years (give or take).

For me, it's been pretty textbook in that I've definitely felt the need to be more reclusive (natally my Sun and Venus are in the 12th, so this has not been a terribly difficult adjustment for me)
and not wanting to stray too far from home or places that make me feel comfortable and safe. When the P. Moon was moving through my natal 11th, I was definitely much more on the go, social, and not as tired as I seem to be these days. A relationship I was in also hit the skids just as the P. Moon entered the 12th and so it's been an emotionally exhausting time as well. I also cut off a friendship that I felt was draining and my social network has definitely pruned itself down to a select few.

did your progressed moon conjunct your natal sun and venus? if yes, what happened to you?

ethertwist

did your progressed moon conjunct your natal sun and venus? if yes, what happened to you?

The progressed Moon was conjunct my natal Venus back in November and I can't say that anything particularly memorable or significant happened that I would attribute to it.

The progressed Moon conjunct Sun aspect won't be exact until this October. I'm curious if it will produce anything external...