Progressed ascendant.

Polo

I was reading a thread on another forum where this girl recalled the experience of her progressed ascendant changing to Libra. All of a sudden she started to wear makeup, and her manner of dress became particularly important. She became more social, and she even opened a business to interact with people.
What's your progressed ascendant at the moment? Did you notice a change in yourself when it hit?

Last edited by a moderator:

phosphorboreas

My natal ascendant is Aquarius and my progressed ascendant is now Pisces. I don't think I remember it happening in such detail (it happened after I turned 8) but I started daydreaming more and I definitely became more social (that may be a result of my sun progressing to Gemini) but I definitely feel the progressed ascendant cooling and softening my fixed ascendant.

nejispirit

Polo said:
I was reading a thread on another forum where this girl recalled the experience of her progressed ascendant changing to Libra. All of a sudden she started to wear makeup, and her manner of dress became particularly important. She became more social, and she even opened a business to interact with people.
What's your progressed ascendant at the moment? Did you notice a change in yourself when it hit?

Interesting, currently my ascendant has not yet progressed to another sign as of the moment, but in years to come it will progress to Libra- I wonder if that will happen to me, I am a rather casual dresser as of late :confused:.

skywatcher1221

Polo said:

My progressed Ascendant entered Aries in January -- yes, I have noticed a difference but so far it has been mostly internal. Progressed Venus is about to follow the Ascendant into Aries, which could make the energy more external.

Many moons ago, my Sun and Ascendant progressed into Aquarius within a year of each other. In that time, I got into astrology, became a hippie, joined a commune, and worked both as an astrologer and professional hypnotist (Gemini rules my 6th).

BobZemco

Polo said:

Sagittarius. I've taken on a few Sagittarian traits like, um, procrastinating. I only have to suffer a few more years and hopefully when it progresses in Capricorn I'll lose that nasty trait. I can really use the Capricorn stuff too, especially if I'm going to be parenting.

I'd just started high school so I don't think I really noticed it but also I was traveling a lot with the military so I became really broad-minded too.

Polo

nejispirit said:
Interesting, currently my ascendant has not yet progressed to another sign as of the moment, but in years to come it will progress to Libra- I wonder if that will happen to me, I am a rather casual dresser as of late :confused:.

Take into account what Venus aspects you'll have. They'll be prominent with Venus as the chart ruler.

nejispirit

Polo said:
Take into account what Venus aspects you'll have. They'll be prominent with Venus as the chart ruler.

Hm...

Sun semisextile Venus
Moon semisextile Venus
Mercury conj Venus
Venus square Neptune
Venus sextile Chiron
Venus quincunx Pluto

G

Gogolesque

my SA ASC progressed into Pisces not long ago and I have become even more empathic, sensitive and intuitive than I was before ... it is much more easier for me to 'read' people and their intentions now, I just sense them; I lost my compulsive desire for independence, constant changes and everything weird, it feels like I've grown up in a Piscean way :)

DSC progressed into Virgo and my perspective on relationships has changed too, now I know exactly what I want in a relationship and how I want it also I have become more quiet, subtle and I believe any fights that come up can be settled based on rational ideas so I try not to let my ego interfere much ... and I do think that any relationship requires hard work if you want it to work.

R4VEN

Interesting topic.

My Cap ASC progressed into Aqu at 8 years old, and I became a real know-it-all, believing my ideas and my intellect superior to everyone else's!!!

Progressed to Pisces at 42, and since then I've had a few hard knocks which have taught me humility and compassion and all that stuff. But at the same time I'm not such a neat freak like I used to be! I guess you could say I'm becoming lazier as my ASC progresses through Pisces.

kurayami

Sorry to necro-post. But I did have a question regarding progressed ascendants. Using secondary progression, my ascendant is going to change to Taurus from it's natal Aries. What changes in myself should I be expecting?

For example, I'm 28 this year and I've always been kind of a tomboy. I never use makeup, I hardly wear skirts/dresses. I pretty much always wear black. I just don't like taking extra time to do extra things regarding my appearance, because I could spend that time doing something more interesting.

Should I be expecting this to change when my ascendant progresses? Also I'm concerned that I might put on weight. I'm currently 10 kilos over weight, but I'm trying to shed it. I don't want my Venus ruled progressed ascendant to sabotage me, lol.

Any thoughts?

Last edited:

R4VEN

kurayami said:
Sorry to necro-post. But I did have a question regarding progressed ascendants. Using secondary progression, my ascendant is going to change to Taurus from it's natal Aries. What changes in myself should I be expecting?

Any thoughts?
Taurus ascendant in women tends to feminise - usually, that is. You may become more girly, less outrageous, with less of a need to make your mark in an obvious way. You may soften in nature, and let go of a lot of `struggle'.

Looking at this now, you will probably think: No way - I'm me, and I'll remain as I am. Progressed ascendants tend to creep up on you, and as I've experienced them, the changes tend to be quite subtle, and they meld with all the other astrological changes. For instance, you will change and mature as a result of your Saturn Return, whether you wish to or not! The change in progressed ascendant will just be like all the other changes you'll go through throughout your life.

Kerrie

My Asc is Aries and I cant really remember anything happening when it progressed into Taurus, my Mars is in Pisces so maybe it is a watered down Aries.

I have my Asc progressing in my 2nd house. Hopefully I start making some serious money :D .

kaminari

I just discovered that my progressed Asc is at 29 Pisces.. I calculated when it shifted from Aquarius & it was when I was around 17.. Up to that point I had been studying to go to medical school & was the top student in four subjects at school.. When it went to Pisces (unbeknownst to me), I started doing the usual "college experimentations" and dropped out.. I hung out with hippies, druggies, just about everyone your Mother warned you about.. I did eventually go back and studied Anthropology.. But that Neptunian cloud has been following me ever since.. My progressed asc shift was dramatic now when I reflect on it in terms of Astrology..

This Progressed Asc influence explains so much about me.. I heard that the 29th degree is like the "last call" of the sign & I tell you I AM SO HAPPY it's going into Aries at the end of the year.. there's so much I want to do with my life & up until now I've been doing everything & nothing, if you know what I mean.. & I'm ready to start doing MY thing..

natasa812

...my Mars is in Pisces so maybe it is a watered down Aries.

I have my Asc progressing in my 2nd house. Hopefully I start making some serious money :D .

My Mars is in Pisces also and my progressed AC is in my 2nd house too at the moment (in Taurus but the 2nd is ruled by Mars).
I am (or I feel) more feminine lately and I take more care about colours, detailes and accessories generally...

kaminari

My ASC hasn't progressed YET. It's STILL in Leo. Sun's progressed in Aries though. Not many noticable changes.

When my progressed Sun moved to Sag I finally broke away from my family & travelled all over, but my Mars is in the 9th as well.. I think the Asc aspect has been more dramatic for me because it influences how I relate to the world.. The Pisces influence has been an education.. I'm curious if anyone else out there has an Aries Asc & how they view things.. I've had many Aries Sun friends & I always respected them.. They have influenced me a lot..

Vista

For example, I'm 28 this year and I've always been kind of a tomboy. I never use makeup, I hardly wear skirts/dresses. I pretty much always wear black. I just don't like taking extra time to do extra things regarding my appearance, because I could spend that time doing something more interesting.

Should I be expecting this to change when my ascendant progresses? Also I'm concerned that I might put on weight. I'm currently 10 kilos over weight, but I'm trying to shed it. I don't want my Venus ruled progressed ascendant to sabotage me, lol.

Any thoughts?

I just went back and looked at when my progressed ASC Aries went into Taurus. It was when I was about 15 years old. I became interested in hair, make-up, and clothes; lost weight although my weight fluctuated quite a bit during the years that Taurus was my progressed ASC. I also became someone who always had her hair and make-up done and always dressed nicely wherever I went. I also got into working out, but it was more for the aesthetic benefit than actually really liking it.

My progressed ASC is now in Gemini and I would have to say that I am a lot more relaxed about my appearance. I constantly go out of the house in sweats and without make-up with the attitude "I won't ever see these people again." :smile: I did get waaayyyy more into fitness since it progressed into Gemini and workout 6 days a week sometimes 7 days. My weight really stabilized and I maintain a pretty slim build now. I also got more into health in general and became more concerned with what I eat. Also, became much less interested in shopping. LOL! Not sure if all of those things were necessarily attributed to Gemini ASC, but you never know.

Vista

tootsie

Hi All, When looking @ your progressed AC you will want to look @ the planets that rule the sign. The aspects they make will give some clues of the trends and how your personal life is going. After all, where your ac goes you go :cool:

My progressed AC has been in Capricorn in my 2nd house, and I must say that saturn & mercury have be causing a few problems for me. I'm looking forward for it to move into Aquar.

Cheers!
Tootsie

estrella

I have had a Scorpio progressed asc. for just about my whole life. It is a sign of long ascension, so it has definitely been lingering. I have had to deal with lots of Scorpio issues, both positive and negative.
I really am looking forward to when my asc progresses into Sagittarius when I am about 38. I could use some Sag energy.