Presidential elections

zoidsoft

I hinted in my article in the election of 2012 that Romney, if he chooses to run, would be in a prime position to win in 2016:

http://www.astrology-x-files.com/x-files/election2012.html

Let me say first off that I don't agree with his policies, but I'm not one of those who is easily manipulated into falling off the democrat or republican side of the same corporate party. *What I've been noticing is that the candidates that the corporate media seems intent on grooming for their secretarial position of POTUS all seem to have natal chart indicators for revolution. *For instance Hillary's Mars / Saturn in 10th doesn't bode well for the leadership and Romney's Moon / Jupiter in Scorpio 7th doesn't look good for the people (Moon is in Fall).

It generally isn't useful to guess who wins the presidency on short notice when the 2 party system has already selected its nominees. *This is because if the race is tight, the charts will generally be saying the same thing (the equivalent of Valens "achrematistikos" (not telling) scenario). *And if the race is one sided, then the astrology typically suggests the same.

I bring this up now because the current political "zeitgeist" suggests that Romney has no chance whatsoever, whereas his chart is saying something that we are all having a difficult time seeing: that he could very well be the next US president. *Sometimes charts are not very telling, but other times they will scream at you. *This is one of those times. *Since I don't believe in absolute pre-determination, I will say that this outcome is predicated upon his decision to run. *Otherwise the same indications could suggest an extrordinarily successful business venture.

In particular I want to point out that in 2016, he will be in a 10th house profection year starting on his birthday in March. *Later in the summer (July) he moves into a 10th from fortune spirit period. *Since the onset of these periods is a bit late for nomination, it could be that he runs as an independent against both democrat and republican nominees. *In a 3 way race between Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney, voters might opt finally for "independent" (though he will be anything but) due to being sick of the obvious deja vu of the other choices.

Chart is for the period just before the election:

romney-2016.jpg

The medieval variant of the annual profection pointer also points to his natal Sun on election day. *I'm using a slightly rectified birth time of 9:55 am because the lot of exaltation would then be in Cancer (which was activated when Romney became governor of Massachusetts.

Notice where the transiting south node is though.

Etchasketch

Re: Romney next US President?

I have never really paid much attention to astrological predictions when it comes to politics primarily because the plutocrats around the world ultimately prop up someone that best finds the right words/demeanor to appease the concerns of the commoners (re: us). As my mother always use to remark, "It's not just what you say, but how you say it that matters." Romney is too connected to the lifestyle of the .1% for the masses to tolerate - he is no statesmen and cannot relate to the experience of the common American - and no speechwriter is going to be able to transform him into a populist.

The republican party is in shambles; fragmented as they are because of their dog-eat-dog mentality when dealing with their own kind. They only represent those with money, which with the help of secret global tax jurisdictions withholding trillions of money from the world's economy, they can afford to do nothing when sent to D.C. The democrats have been pulled to the right for the last 4 decades and no longer even mention the word 'poor' when campaigning. The future of the democratic party is even worse than the republican side because of sheer amount of disorganization amongst its base (my father has been involved on the democratic side for the past 6 years and it doesn't look good). If any current democrat has a chance of garner the populist vote, it's Elizabeth Warren. Yet even if she were to get the nomination, you can bet the corporate state wouldn't hesitate to take her out if it looked like she could win it all. She's not likely to cave to corporate pressures as Obama has been.

Lastly, if anyone is interested in helping combat the influence of wealth on our political system, check out the Tax Justice Network. Until we can prevent corporations from shopping the world for any law that benefits them at our expense, things will only get worse, regardless of what the stars might say to the contrary.

zoidsoft

I agree with almost everything you say Etchasketch, but I'm not reading current public opinion. I'm reading the chart. I said this above:

"I bring this up now because the current political "zeitgeist" suggests that Romney has no chance whatsoever..."

Astrology is useless if it only tells us what we already know. In any case I also said that it is predicated upon his choice to run; otherwise the figure description will manifest in a different area.

Ernesto

how can you be so sure about it i mean through chart and constellation of stars you are saying this all.

tikana

Ernesto

time will tell but Hellenistic astrology is rock solid.

We really are skrewed regardless who runs for presidency.

T

zoidsoft

how can you be so sure about it i mean through chart and constellation of stars you are saying this all.

Astrology as a subject has not been a continuum of gradual observations built up over time. It has had a very ragged past full of destruction of original ideas supplanted with newer ideas. Sometimes these were steps backward and not forward. Since the "burned to the ground" library of Alexandria, there have been those who have sought to destroy this subject or pervert it to their own selfish ends. Have you ever tried to borrow an astrology book from a public library? If you have, did you notice how difficult it is to do? To be successful in this field you have to be willing to dig deep and be persistent. Project Hindsight was one of the most recent attempts to recover what was lost and it too ran into lots of opposition. Do you think that it is normal to be born not knowing why you are here?

tsmall

Premium Member

I agree with almost everything you say Etchasketch, but I'm not reading current public opinion. I'm reading the chart. I said this above:

"I bring this up now because the current political "zeitgeist" suggests that Romney has no chance whatsoever..."

Astrology is useless if it only tells us what we already know. In any case I also said that it is predicated upon his choice to run; otherwise the figure description will manifest in a different area.

Well, he's decided not to run. Clearly someone told him he has no chance whatsoever. :whistling:

CapAquaPis

Romney knew he shouldn't made that "47% are takers" comment. :pinched: He's not in touch with the people and only cares about protecting corporate interests. I came to notice a heavy number lines over his 7th-10th houses (the planets) in his election day chart. If someone told him "not to run", he might paid an astrologer to tell Romney the planets are against him. :tongue:

zoidsoft

Romney knew he shouldn't made that "47% are takers" comment. :pinched: He's not in touch with the people and only cares about protecting corporate interests. I came to notice a heavy number lines over his 7th-10th houses (the planets) in his election day chart. If someone told him "not to run", he might paid an astrologer to tell Romney the planets are against him. :tongue:

Romney's chart is not very good right now in regards to the time lords and transits so the question is on what level of manifestation does the 2016 setup play out on? If he stays out of the race, then he will be very successful in other areas, but if he returns then something will have changed to make it so. There isn't enough information on the other candidates and many of them have birth times that aren't accurate enough. I only know that with Romney's setup in 2016, had he decided to run (or by some fluke he's back in) the chart suggests that he will be surprisingly difficult to beat. Regardless of past stupid statements, he enters a field of high visibility and voters unfortunately have a short memory.

Zoidsoft:

I agree that a Republican will win in 2016, but not Mitt Romney and not as an Independent.

Also, no independent candidate ever won the U.S. Presidency, from Ralph Nadar to Ross Perot !

HM

cspencer

Banned

The medieval variant of the annual profection pointer also points to his natal Sun on election day. *I'm using a slightly rectified birth time of 9:55 am because the lot of exaltation would then be in Cancer (which was activated when Romney became governor of Massachusetts.

That ignores the possibility that Romney is selected as vice-president.

Notice where the transiting south node is though.

No president has ever been elected on Election Day. On Election Day, voters vote for electors, and it is the electors who choose the president after meeting at a certain time after the election.

Consider that Romney as a presidential or vice-presidential candidate could win the popular vote, but lose in the Electoral College, which is something the Tail suggests.

kewf1988

Zoidsoft:

I agree that a Republican will win in 2016, but not Mitt Romney and not as an Independent.

Also, no independent candidate ever won the U.S. Presidency, from Ralph Nadar to Ross Perot !

HM

If Hillary's the Democratic nominee I can't see her losing (I've NEVER predicted a presidential election wrong... the intuition runs strong with them) because of her husband's popularity, and it would be very hard for a guy associated with big business (Romney will NEVER escape that 47% comment), a Bush, a union buster (Walker) or a religious extremist (Cruz) to beat somebody associated with the last president who brought a surplus, as I'm sure the Dems will bring that up every chance they get. Bill Clinton is still extremely well favored and his approval ratings increased in his 2nd term, the complete opposite of Bush...

Osamenor

Staff member

*For instance Hillary's Mars / Saturn in 10th doesn't bode well for the leadership
She has Mars/Saturn in the 9th, not the 10th, if her most widely accepted birth time of 8:02 am is correct. Not only that, assuming that is the correct birth time, she also has a busy twelfth house, which the majority of elected presidents whose birth times are known have had. Romney's twelfth house is empty.

In particular I want to point out that in 2016, he will be in a 10th house profection year starting on his birthday in March. *Later in the summer (July) he moves into a 10th from fortune spirit period. *Since the onset of these periods is a bit late for nomination, it could be that he runs as an independent against both democrat and republican nominees.
Since the onset of those periods is a bit late for nomination, it's much more likely that he'll be doing something else 10th house-related. Perhaps a new business venture, like you suggested earlier. Or perhaps, like someone else suggested, he'll get tapped as VP candidate by the Republican nominee. That fits the picture of entering the race later than usual much better than a late presidential nomination, and would also give him a much better chance of winning than if he ran for president.
*In a 3 way race between Jeb Bush, Hillary Clinton and Mitt Romney, voters might opt finally for "independent" (though he will be anything but) due to being sick of the obvious deja vu of the other choices.
And how many voters who are not well-to-do white men will vote "independent" if that means Romney? Last time around, he alienated every other class of voter. You really think women and people of color, who outnumber white male voters, will forget that? Voters' memories are not that short.

If he does run for president and win, it will be by even more questionable methods than W's. However, if he's the running mate of a new Republican candidate who does a much better job than any of the recent ones at bridging the gender, income, and racial gaps, he might have a chance.

Osamenor

Staff member

No president has ever been elected on Election Day. On Election Day, voters vote for electors, and it is the electors who choose the president after meeting at a certain time after the election.

Consider that Romney as a presidential or vice-presidential candidate could win the popular vote, but lose in the Electoral College, which is something the Tail suggests.

Good point. Perhaps we should look at a chart for Inauguration Day in 2017 and see what's up for him then.

MaybeNow

I like to compare what astrologers, psychics and numerologists say. So far I've heard that Hillary won't run and if she runs she won't win. Plenty of dirt has been dug up on her so perhaps there will be more so she may bow out or get booted out.

I hope a third party emerges as more people are registering or switching to independent parties. I wish all the little parties would form a coalition to defeat the two corporate parties. If that doesn't happen then we need to concentrate on individual issues and target individual politicians by getting them replaced with "little" party candidates.

Osamenor

Staff member

I like to compare what astrologers, psychics and numerologists say. So far I've heard that Hillary won't run and if she runs she won't win.
Astrologers, psychics, and numerologists say pretty much the same things as political pundits and op ed columnists and people on the street, with no fewer contradictions. Whatever they come up with is likely colored by wishful thinking: if they don't want to see Hillary elected, they naysay, and if they do, they paint her chances in glowing colors.

In any case, she is running, so the "she won't run" prediction is definitely false. "Won't win" remains to be seen. I suppose that could turn into a self fulfilling prophecy, if enough people who would otherwise vote for her can be convinced not to on the grounds that she doesn't stand a chance... but I doubt that will happen, either. If she doesn't win, it will be for other reasons.
Plenty of dirt has been dug up on her so perhaps there will be more so she may bow out or get booted out.
Considering how much dirt she's already withstood, I highly doubt any such thing will ever happen. At most, it might be enough to make her lose the election, either the nomination or the final one, but no way is she going to bow out--she's way too tenacious for that--and if she hasn't been booted out already, I don't think it's ever going to happen.

I do have a prediction, based not on astrology but on observation of politics: whoever gets elected in 2016 will be a one term president, especially if it's a Democrat. If it's a Republican, slight chance they'll win a second term, but probably not. I have two reasons for predicting that:

1. Obama's going to be a very tough act to follow. Whoever succeeds him is going to pale in comparison, and the voters probably aren't going to want them anymore by 2020.

2. If it's a Democrat in 2016, it will pretty definitely be a Republican in 2020, because ever since FDR and Truman, no party has held the White House more than three terms in a row. Two Obama terms plus a third Democratic term starting in 2017 will term out the Democrats according to that pattern. However, if a Republican wins the 2016 election, it could go either way in 2020. Chances are the Republican president will still get the boot then because of Obama being such a tough act to follow, but they could win re-election without breaking the three term limit pattern.

MaybeNow

I agree that Obama will be a tough act to follow -- no one could do worse. He is Bush's long lost twin. Hope they are happy together.

Last edited:

Osamenor

Staff member

Obama is a much better speaker than Bush was, and very different in the way he reaches people. Politically, I'm not sure if it's fair to call him Bush's long lost twin, but some people have said he's a very good Republican, and that might not be too far off base.

However, he doesn't have the religious conservative appeal that Republicans seem to be aiming for these days. Hillary Clinton, though, has some close ties with that base.

Last edited:

claudette

I was happy to find this thread discussing the 2016 election.

What about Bernie Sanders? He's made quite a splash with fundraising, signing up volunteers and attendance at appearances.

I personally don't think the nomination is looking too good for Hillary.
So far, here's what I've noticed. On 11.8.2016 her progressed sun and merc are 12 cap, square her natal and prog nep 11-13 libra. Her prog. moon will be 14 libra, if that 8:02 am birthtime is correct. (this could also be triumph and realization of a dream, even with the tension of the square?) Sun and merc are also sesquiquadrate her Saturn and dsc.

Her Solar Return (SR) Saturn is conj. her natal merc, asc and South Node (SN). Her SR merc is conj. natal venus and square natal mars and pluto. How could that be helpful?

I surely welcome discussion-it's early in the game!