Pluto Transits

Jelli

I have some transits coming up that I would like some suggestions for how to make the best of them.

Pluto will move into a square to my natal mercury in libra at the same time transiting saturn will sit on my natal mercury. At the same time Pluto will also square transiting uranus in aries which is opposing my natal mercury with saturn sitting on it. Additionally Pluto is opposing my natal uranus.

I thought the Pluto square through my 12th house would shake up the way unconscious patterns play out. I like that idea. My 12th house mercury has kept my voice unheard. I'm wondering if pluto's transit will change that- something I would like. Opposing natal uranus suggests change. Saturn sitting on my mercury suggests focus and I could see me really trying to change the way I project my message into the world to be more effective. Saturn square pluto challenges my way of life in some way. I could move, my primary relationship could end, my sig. other's career could take off - uranus will square his ascendant at the same time... I don't know. My significant other just finished a pluto conjunct his ascendant. I'd like to be in good enough space that if I have to give up people and things, I embrace that.

Saturn opposing uranus perhaps will slow down the change (grrr) or put me in a quandry of saying what's on my mind vs being sat on. Or maybe just balance the changes? I'm not sure how to understand the saturn/ uranus/ pluto squares and oppositions might synthesize. When I look at this, I feel like someone made a cauldron of hot soup and turning up the heat.

ANyone have any thoughts?

My planet placements are below. Thanks!

Transits:
Pluto entering my 3rd house
Pluto opposition Uranus: End of January 2010 until end of November 2011
Pluto will square
Saturn conjunction Mercury: Mid December 2009 until mid September 2010
and transiting uranus which opposes saturn conjunction mercury

Planetary positions planet sign degree
motion Sun Libra 22°46'08 in house 12 direct
Moon Leo 8°58'33 in house 10 direct
Mercury Libra 5°06'57 in house 12 direct
Venus Sagittarius 6°55'22 in house 2 direct
Mars Leo 23°54'42 in house 10 direct
Jupiter Capricorn 23°33'29 in house 3 direct
Saturn Virgo 14°52'32 in house 11 direct
Uranus Cancer 5°00'22 in house 9 stationary (R)
Neptune Libra 15°12'33 in house 12 direct
Pluto Leo 17°55'30 in house 10 direct
True Node Aries 16°38'31 in house 6 direct
House positions (Placidus) Ascendant Libra 23°24'15
2nd House Scorpio 20°54'29
3rd House Sagittarius 22°59'21
Imum Coeli Capricorn 28°11'00
5th House Pisces 1°43'53
6th House Aries 0°14'46
Descendant Aries 23°24'15
8th House Taurus 20°54'29
9th House Gemini 22°59'21
Medium Coeli Cancer 28°11'00
11th House Virgo 1°43'53
12th House Libra 0°14'46

Claire19

Yup. When the weather person tells you that tomorrow is going to be cold and probably rainy, you can either choose to stay at home or dress appropriately and take an umbrella just in case. It's not the weather's problem how you react to the news :)

Pluto entered my 7th house in 1995 and it's still there. I honestly do not know what to make of such transit especially with the conj with natal Neptune and opposition to natal Juno that are in effect as we speak.

Also, Pluto is about to enter my 8th house. That should be good right? It's like Pluto's natural habitat.

Anyone cares to take a shot at it?
If you dont have an aspect from Pluto to a particular planet natally then that transit wont have much effect. If you have planets in the 8th aspecting your natal Pluto then you are in for major transformations and changes. Others assets, sex matters, secrets, life and death issues, tax, insurance, inheritance, the occult, corporate finances.

I have an 8th house stellium aspecting Pluto and I know something of all this. However I have managed to change and transform in many ways whether I liked it or not.

Claire19

Hi flea, I hope I get something nice like that soon. My fav dog is a German Shepard. Lost Rosie in 2006. She was 18 years old and my very best friend. Alot of very devastating things happened to me in that year and they just keep coming. When will it all end? Wishing you the best of luck with your pup. If you are kind to your dog, they will return it, always. Not like some people. Hope you are feeling better soon. Thanks Di
What Pluto transits were you having. To the 6th house???18 years is a wonderful life span. Health issues also with the 6th house.

kbell

Pluto is currently transiting my 2nd house and believe me I feel him starting to cross paths with my sun. He will then go over my Mercury and then Venus. Natally Pluto is a big influence in my chart. Pluto square sun, Pluto square venus, Pluto square Saturn, Pluto square Mercury, Pluto sextile Neptune, Pluto sextile Mars, Pluto trine Moon. Pluto transits really affect me obviously.

One thing I found is that I can't fight it. He wants to remake me, and I had to ask myself is that such a bad thing? Would it be so terrible in the end? Yes it will hurt, but I may get something better out of it in the end. After all is the current situation really all that great. So I surrendered to it. Sounds corny I know, but what was the alternative? Digging my heels in only caused me pain. Letting go and letting him guide me and do his thing has brought about many changes, but I feel that they will be positive in the end. I'm not fighting it anymore. Lots of neat new stuff has come up and I feel like I'm letting so much go and finally becoming who I was meant to be.

WeAre

... I'm trying to figure out if a certain restless irritability I'm feeling (outside of my own transits)
.........has to do with the transiting sun coming up on transitting pluto.
Goodness,
I mildly understand the purpose of excorcisms right now. Really!....just sooooo outlandishly irritable in moments!!!
Anyone?

R4VEN

Natally Pluto is a big influence in my chart. Pluto square sun, Pluto square venus, Pluto square Saturn, Pluto square Mercury, Pluto sextile Neptune, Pluto sextile Mars, Pluto trine Moon. Pluto transits really affect me obviously.
:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

One thing I found is that I can't fight it. He wants to remake me, and I had to ask myself is that such a bad thing? Would it be so terrible in the end? Yes it will hurt, but I may get something better out of it in the end. After all is the current situation really all that great. So I surrendered to it. Sounds corny I know, but what was the alternative? Digging my heels in only caused me pain. Letting go and letting him guide me and do his thing has brought about many changes, but I feel that they will be positive in the end. I'm not fighting it anymore. Lots of neat new stuff has come up and I feel like I'm letting so much go and finally becoming who I was meant to be.
kbell, I really hope that others who are about to experience a harsh Pluto transit are able to read what you have written in the above paragraph. You have expressed yourself very clearly, and you obviously know a bit about Pluto, too!! You could put it in a mini-manual about `Surviving Pluto Transits'.

Akyana

You could put it in a mini-manual about `Surviving Pluto Transits'.
LOL that would be useful!:love:

there is absolutelly no way to fight Pluto IMO.
Pluto as the God of realms of death is far beyond any human tricks.
You surrender and survive without major scars..or fight and hope you will have enough money for psychoterapist afterwards.

And..what I find scary about Pluto transits...that it WILL make sure you get it.
You may think that not to be attached to most of the things is OK with ya...
but Pluto will just hit you where you still didnt give up...and test you with no mercy.

I have Pluto conj ASC 4 degrees from 12th,Pluto opposition Mercury,
aspecting Mars, Jupiter and Neptune.

Now T Pluto squaring natal, ASC, soon conj IC:whistling:
Plus T Saturn conj Pluto:pinched:

Only hope now is to change Galaxy, LOL:bandit:

Last edited:

Akyana

Does anyone has experience with transiting Pluto squaring natal Pluto?
That seems to be a though transit that lasts about two years.
I'm in the midst of it although the real fun starts at the beginning of 2007.
So, how was it, FlyAway?
I find this transit brutal indeed.
SO MUCH stress, pain and downright trauma:pinched:
Never ending...and when you reach for help Pluto will smack you hard.
HE is your teacher now and YOU will follow HIM
If not...then beware:unsure:
The pressure will just increase and eventually destroy all in path even more ruthlessly,
so that you wil have no choice but to follow HIM and his teachings.
He is THE BEST teacher, he teaches us about impermanence and rules of Tao
for example...to follow Tao is to be like grass..that bows in front of hurricane...and survives.
Mighty oak who is full of strength and inner pride and selfconfidence doesnt bow...and gets destroyed.

May I remember what I have just written, because, you know, what we advice,
that is just what we need to hear...:devil:lololol

Last edited:

gemini59

I have Pluto squaring my ASC conjunct MC right now and conjunct natal saturn in the 10th.
-my job of course is going through all the crunches that everyone else s job is but since mine is government connected you can talk about restructuring but it seems to mean paring down to its leanest level. And more to come. My saving grace is natal saturn creates a trine with natal pluto in the 6th house...it is still painful....
Saturn is transiting my DESC and so far that has not been great.
Since Pluto rules my 8th I find it to be more psychotherapy related sort of plummeting my deepest places and bringing them to the light. That is so far....
I am a little tiny bit iffy on birth time thus keeping a journal will be helpful.

kennedyrosewhith

Pluto's been moving through my 8th house for a little over 4 years now, and it's been quite a ride. Natally, i have Pluto in the 6th trine Sun in the 3rd, among other things, which i think has really helped me along the way, or at least recently. My North Node and Moon are conjunct in my 8th house, and they don't make any major aspects to anything else in my chart. It started out with severe depression that developed into seasonal depression. The first time around i ended up in a psychiatric hospital, and had resorted to cutting, drinking, and using inhalants to try and numb things a little. The second time around i was so uncomfortable with the stint at the hospital that i went through severe depression with no outside help, except from two friends who really couldn't do anything. My memory's a little fuzzy, but from what i can gather from things that i wrote, i once again resorted to cutting, drinking, and using inhalants, and came scarily close to other drug use.

The depression wasn't that bad over the next couple of years, but right around then Pluto came within orb of conjuncting my North Node, and i don't even remember how many people died. My mom had a health scare and had to get a hysterectomy and then developed lupus. My grandmother died about a month after my sister first told me my mom probably has lupus. About 4 months after that, my mom lost her job, i think because her medical leave was too long for them to keep her. And then the following year my dad lost his job because his place closed down.

And then the deaths, health crises, and job losses slowed down/stopped, and i noticed Pluto was nearing coming into orb of conjuncting my natal Moon. This time (this episode started back in late September/early October) my depression was back full force, just as bad as the first two years. I hadn't resorted to any drug use because frankly i was terrified of it, absolutely terrified. But it was the first time i ever actually cried because i was so depressed, and most nights i just lay in bed dry sobbing, which was definitely new. And i was terrified of going back to therapy or getting any real, outside help (the logic being if i do, i'll end up in a psychiatric hospital again) so for a month or two i kept quiet about it. But after some time i realized i really didnt need to go through it alone, so i spoke up and went into therapy. :) Pluto came into orb with my natal Moon around December 16th. I had asked questions about it elsewhere before it even started, and i was really honestly scared. I thought my depression was gonna get even worse (and there was only so much further i could go before hitting rock bottom, at that point). But it didn't. It was really funny, because the day Pluto came into orb with my Moon, my mom dropped a bomb on me, telling me about her less-than-perfect childhood, and that threw all the feelings and memories in my face that i had suppressed and it brought up all these problems i had with my emotions. I have Sun in Cancer, Moon in Capricorn, and Taurus Ascending, and almost my entire life i've leaned heavily towards Moon in Capricorn characteristics, never really getting in touch with my Sun in Cancer, and actually didn't recognize some of the "weaker" traits as belonging to myself. It wasn't fun at all, i felt like i was in a constant state of wanting to cry because there was just SO much emotion i was feeling, and i wasn't used to it at all. But i did a lot of writing to sort things out, and i think now i'm in a much better place than i was over the past 4-5 years. I was just very anti-self and anti-progress, and i never expressed much emotion and didnt really show who i really am, not even to my best friends. I still have some progress to make, especially when it comes to my family, but good thing this transit lasts a year. ;) It's just amusing how wary/scared i was of this transit before it happened, and now that it's actually here, i don't think i've been this content, if not happy, with my life in 8 or 9 years. I was definitely wanting to fight it at first, and it was very, very, VERY uncomfortable (i said a few times along the way that i wish i had never started going to therapy, and so on), but i knew it was all something i needed to do and i had some things i needed to deal with and get over, and i'm very happy about everything that's happened. :) I'm actually okay now with the first two episodes of depression and what i did to deal with it all, and before i definitely viewed those and nightmarish times i never wanted to go back to and would erase if i could.

Claire19

Hi there

I hope you are remembering only to take notice of progressions and transits that have an echo in the natal chart??

I have the Pluto in Capricorn in the 11th right now and will soon make a square to my Mars and Neptune in the 8th. HOw might that play out?
I have a natal sextile so it wont be anything I cant handle.

I am very Plutonian with many aspects and the MC plus an 8th house stellium and life is full of crises and sometimes painful growth and transformations.

kennedyrosewhith

I have heard of that, but i'm not very knowledgeable on progressions. I did a quick glance over and didn't really see anything that could explain this or the past 4 years or so, but of course i could've easily missed something. It's that in order for a transit to have an affect, a relationship must exist between the two planets natally, right? Maybe that's slightly off, i've only read it a few times here and there. I don't get what else could be linked to these past years, then. And the synchronicity is crazy. I haven't looked up all the dates, but two of the events i mentioned above, while Pluto was aspecting my North Node, happened when Pluto was sitting right on my North Node (it was on two different occasions, if i remember correctly). The event that pretty much turned me into an emotional wreck for a month happened on the very day that Pluto came within orb of my natal Moon, and a couple weeks ago, on the day that Pluto moved to sit right on top of my natal Moon, i had made a huge decision that was a result of getting over past hurts and, in the end, changed my entire view on what had happened, changed me (it's part of the reason why i've been so happy the past few days), and changed how i view other people. I've looked to other things (although natally the Moon aspects nothing but the North Node, and nothing aspects it), but it seems like everything's been so characteristically Pluto, and Pluto has been in the right position for all of this to happen. And the funny thing would be that i had asked about this transit a few months ago before it happened and got some advice on it. What everyone said would happen, i've definitely been seeing happening.

Last edited:

Zlav

Pluto transits in daughter's chart

Hello, I was speaking to a friend of mine and we were discussing Pluto transits, and suddenly it occurred to me that my daughter will have a load of planets in the next ten years or so which will be conjuncted by Pluto. What can I expect for her (I am not telling her this, and she doesn't understand astrology, but I worry about her).

She is just 20 this month (Aquarius), and she has her Fifth house ruled by Capricorn, with Mars on the conjuncting the 5th house cusp but Mars lies in her fourth house. In her 5th house (with Cap on the cusp), she has her Uranus at 7 Cap, Neptune at 13 Cap, Saturn at 20 Cap, Venus at 20 Cap, and Mercury at 26 Cap (yes, a Stellium, all in Capricorn in the 5th). Pluto will be conjuncting not only those planets but then her Sun is in the 6th house at 20 Aquarius! I am kind of freaked out by that! Pluto, natally, is in Scorpio in her third house which is ruled by Libra (Scorpio intercepted).

Her Ascendent is 7 virgo (trine her Mars, Uranus and Neptune). I think that's enough to start with, but I am concerned.

Anyone have any ideas, suggestions, thoughts about this? She is a college student, has already lived in a foreign country as an exchange student, yes, she is very creative, and also has an intense interest in languages and foreign cultures. But...I do worry about this load-full of Pluto aspects soon approaching.

Any advice, anyone?? Thanks so much.
Zlav

DVANZETT

CLAIRE19. I am so sorry it took so long to write back but I am having problems in every area of my life. Pluto was in the 12th house in 2006 with Mercury opposition. Pluto is now crossing my ascendent. I guess the times are going to get worse. In the last 3 years my dog passed away, my mom died. my 1st spouse( Leo,)passed away and 2nd spouse developed terminal cancer(Virgo), lost his job, our income. I developed RA suddenly. My family have lost all they have worked hard to retain.(bankrupcy) All 5 of my gg grandchildren are in the Childrens aid, grandchildren on drugs. On xmas day 2007 my one son was knifed in the throat by his brother. With the grace of God ,he survived but has a great fear of everything. If all these things happened already (and these are just a few of the problems) what can I expect with Pluto over ascendent? I will be having surgery soon on my left shoulder, torn tendons,( April 30th, Merc retro), (May 14th or May 18th are the dates I can choose from. I have let questions for you in the greenhorns. I would appreciate any insight you can give as far as the transits for these days. ie: which is the most favorable. Chart included. Thank you, Di

Attachments

• astro_w2gw_01_diane_vanzetten_hp_14436_24907.gif
    astro_w2gw_01_diane_vanzetten_hp_14436_24907.gif
    28.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:

Zlav

Your reply kind of freaks me out, DVANZETT, but then again I am trying to look on the flip-side and see if that makes a difference. Just a few years ago Pluto was demoted as a planet -- it is no longer technically considered a planet. It was only discovered in 1930 -- therefore, the Ancients did not use it. It is also very slow moving.

So, I put the question out there that maybe there are other aspects or influences which seem to correlate to Pluto, but may in fact, not be Pluto.

I have seen so many tragedies befall people, and sometimes you have to search to make an astrological correlation.

Maybe I'm just avoiding the issue, but I'm also curious about Pluto's demotion. :pinched: Any ideas on this????

DVANZETT

Zlav, believe me, nobody could make up such a tragedy that I have and am still living thru. How much stress can the body stand before it just gives up? Pluto may not be considered to be powerful anymore (demoted) , not being considered a planet but I firmly believe he is ALIVE and WELL. I feel he is a teacher just as Saturn is. These 2 powerful planets are there to weed out the bad and make us whole again. They put us thru hoops but eventually we will dance to their tune when we have learned the lessons of these 2 great planets. Sure we go thru turbulant times but they eventially deminish. I have had many good years in all areas of my life. The last 3 years have been a nightmare that will end. I hope soon.
I believe there are many people that know that Pluto is still a planet and from the amount of threads on your site for Pluto transits I have to agree.
At this time my knowledge of astrology is basic. Lots to learn. Many questions left unanswered as to why all these tragedies have come in this time period and how long it will last. Thank u for your respose. Di

Otay

Halloo, DVanzette!
Reading your story, I just have to say my heart goes out to you after all that trauma you've been dealing with longterm, which as you know is exhausting. I hope you're sleeping alright!

That said I have a number of good thoughts here (yeah, I'm a pro astrologer) and BTW agree that pluto will always be uh, pluto.

I can see you're a smartypants with that wonderful air grand trine which also tellingly has a "mystic rectangle", an integrative positive thing to have in your natal chart. You're no doubt the Wise One in your family to whom people come. The downside of having those smarts is that life will kick your a$$ just cuz you're special! You learn exponentially, ie., through one experience you are connected to 100 other things you're able to understand.

The bugger in your chart is that mars retrograde conjunct saturn retrograde in your 7th house of partners and idiots in the open. You prob ably experienced a liberation perhaps in the form of a shock or two at ages 23/24 when uranus went direct and the next 9 mos? Mars went direct. Still, that energy became available to you.
Prior to that time (and perhaps a bit of a habitual thing still) you had a rough time reaching for what your desires are, and so may have allowed others to grab the reigns from you, capice`?
Mars & saturn rule sharp objects like knives, the military, arrests and sometimes major mishaps for your partners. NO FUN.

Your cancer/capricorn axis which rules these partnership things has experienced a number of recently current transiting SOUTH NODE eclipses which is about releasing and letting go and new beginnings. This latest between late july/aug of 09 and the solar eclipse in capricorn set you off on a new course. Oh, I know it's a long story but we have to use some perameters.
That letting go was totally a release of those mars/saturn partner issues.
IMHO you're are entering a new much much more positive phase of your life.

You have just completed a 5-year closing out of old conditions in your life, the dark-of-the-moon phase and are now at the juncture of your new moon in aries, so you'll probably begin to feel that gradual recovery into a brand new 28 year cycle in April, even though you're already there in my opinion.

I can also see more venus/taurus in your progressions over the next coupla years when your moon enters taurus and then venus also entering it. Your jupiter in libra and chiron suggest a few themes. One is writing about these things and publishing to heal both yourself and others!
More about growing things in your garden and canning and feeding and being luxurious. Nice influence on having a nicely appointed and comfortable home too!

I don't know what you mean about being diagnosed with RA what is that?
So try not to freak about your surgery, no later than the 14th of april, ok? Between approx the 8th and the 14th? Moon dark to new is very good and minimizes bleeding and also scarring. Under no conditions have it between the 21st & 28th (mercury retrograde from the 18th means two procedures might be necessary so advise to move back to the 14th at the latest) the full moon on the 28th ain't so good for the above reasons I mentioned.

Stay cozy and make sure you've a stock of Ben & Jerry's DV! Be sure to allow people in to comfort you (yeah, it's easier to give than be vulnerable).
Peace:biggrin:

Claire19

Yup. When the weather person tells you that tomorrow is going to be cold and probably rainy, you can either choose to stay at home or dress appropriately and take an umbrella just in case. It's not the weather's problem how you react to the news :)

Pluto entered my 7th house in 1995 and it's still there. I honestly do not know what to make of such transit especially with the conj with natal Neptune and opposition to natal Juno that are in effect as we speak.

Also, Pluto is about to enter my 8th house. That should be good right? It's like Pluto's natural habitat.

Anyone cares to take a shot at it?
Well Pluto in its own domain just intensifies its qualities. Has Pluto been hitting any planets in transit that are echoed in the natal chart??
I would be interested to hear any feedback about Juno which is an asteroid or a fixed star and about which I am very skeptical.

So post your chart and we can see what is transpiring.