Pluto Transiting 12th House…can't deal anymore!

astrology02

Does anyone else have pluto transiting their 12th house? are you going crazy too?

I can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm actually looking forward to when pluto conjuncts my ascendant.

My life started unravelling about 5 years ago…up until then things had been going pretty good. As soon as pluto entered my 12th house I went into a major depression. I'm not talking about the kind where you just feel a little down from time to time. I went into a paranoia…thinking i was deathly ill with some virus. Looking back now it seems crazy, but at the time i thought it was the realest thing. I started having panic attacks, didn't leave my house for days…didn't eat. I can honestly say it was the lowest point of my life.

Before pluto hit my 12th house i hadn't been to a hospital in 7 years…in the past 5 years I have been in there 4 times!

Since then I started meditation and became more spiritual as a way of coping with the depression. Before I relied solely on others for validation and over the past year or so I have completely shifted my thinking. I also had very poor eating habits, and after i went into this depression I started eating a lot better. Some good has come out of this transit, it hasn't been all bad. But to get to this point has been complete emotional hell. I've had more breakdowns and breakthroughs in the past 5 years compared to my whole life. I guess everyone always looks back at the rough times & sees them in a new light…but it has been hard.

Is anyone else going through this transit (pluto transiting your 12th house)? has it been rough or am i the only one?

Also does it get better after pluto hits your ascendant…or is that even worse? :crying:

Trying to see the positives…but i don't know how much longer i can deal with pluto's energies.

kimbermoon

I experienced this at the same time as my Saturn Return [30 years old] and indeed a double whammy for me. I certainly encountered close encounters with death situations, in multiples. Certainly forced me to 'grow up' and deal with the true realities of the physical world. This was also the time frame when I underwent marital separation, which led to divorce. Pluto went retrograde the next year, and the crises continued. The influence is not typically a short term event, since Pluto is so slow moving, but indeed when we come out on the other side, some degree of metamorphosis has taken place. Pluto relates to deeply embedded psychological wounding, and yes it can make you feel a little bit crazy,' a little out of touch'...What is happening for you now is all about rising from the ashes of destruction in the past...what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, etc, although I know how difficult it can be to realize that while you undergo the transit.Pluto also represents the Soul. After that transit, one must certainly become the master and commander of their own life. Personally I do think that depression is all about coming back to ourselves, facing up to our inner blockages [so that Pluto can purge us of inner negativism] and will often lead to a resurgence of a greater spiritual awareness. That is the plan for you, so along the way you must avoid suicidal ideation, my friend. Better things can come your way through the lessons you are learning now. The themes to play out for you are encoded in the natal position of Pluto in your chart, and the house it rules, as well as it's aspects. Be willing to undergo 'the car wash' so you can come out shiny and new. Pluto will bring deep and meaningful lessons for you. Be strong and best of luck!

astrology02

Hi kimbermoon,

Thank you for your reply, your posts are always insightful because you go beyond the textbook interpretation of aspects.

I can't imagine going through the saturn return along with pluto conjunct your ascendant…my saturn is in the 12th but i'm hoping pluto moves past my asc by that time. Because having the doubt whammy like you had is not something that I want to experience. I agree with what you said that this is a very transformational aspect. If I look at the person I was before pluto entered my 12th house vs. now I wouldn't recognize myself. I used to be so insecure, but now I slowly feel as though i'm regaining control of my life. I finally realize the power lies within me..and even though it's at the expense of some challenging circumstances i agree with you when you say "you become the master of your own life".

For me pluto is conjunct my Midheaven so all these events are closely tied with my career…was always in a dead end job, but now i am realizing i deserve better. It was hell to come to that realization, but i think it has completely altered the course of my life.

I will say that when pluto first enters the 12th house it is a lot more painful. I think because at first you're not used to the energies and I had no idea how to handle them except breakdown. As it gets closer to the ascendant you gain inner strength and i think that propels you into the changes you need to make. Pluto will finally hit my asc in 2015-2016 …so we will see what it brings :)

Thank you for your insight kimbermoon, i really appreciate it :)

hypatia

I had Pluto through my 12th when I was a kid - starting just before I was 9yrs old and it stayed there until I was 24.
It sucked.
I also had Uranus in 12th and then Saturn in 12th for part of this time.
At the start of it my father left our family, my mother didn't cope and a few years later I was sent away because my mother really couldn't cope.
There was lots of bullying at school - by verbal and sometimes physical means. I tried to tell people once, but to no help at all and I learned to fear telling anyone anything.
I was depressed, isolated and it took years to crawl myself back out of this period of my life.
I'm in my mid-40's now, and that period of my life still affects me.

I don't envy you going through this.

However...
I think if I was giving advise to someone else who is living through Pluto in the 12th, then I would highly recommend finding ways to positively express Pluto and 12th House energy, and Capricorn energy (since Pluto is there now).
My son has 4 planets in 12th House, natally, so I go to extreme efforts to find ways for him to positively express those 12th House energies... otherwise I really do notice that they start to come out in negative ways.
As for Pluto going over my Ascendant - if anything it was so much more positive, life was so much less dark.

I hope you find something that helps you have a more positive way to move through this period.

kimbermoon

Remember too that while Pluto can be highly destructive in one's life, the lessons it brings are all about 'empowerment, and the ability to transform the self from being victimized, by gaining victory over one's challenges. When all is said and done Pluto is about resurrection and renewal...in the meantime it is about soul-searching and intense self-analysis...if we could have a peak at your chart more might be revealed about this dilemma...

Last edited:

hypatia

the lessons it brings are all about 'empowerment, and the ability to transform the self from being victimized, by gaining victory over one's challenges

Being aware of this is something that really gives you back power, I think.
It makes you realise just 'why' you had those experiences, rather than making you feel victimised because you went through all of that.

Depending on what happens through such strong Pluto transits, it can feel very crippling, if you can't see this bigger picture. I was like that for many years - it was very freeing to learn about Astrology and to learn about the reasons behind certain planetary transits.

danai

I experienced a Pluto transit too last year(and still have It) and It was terrifying for me too! So, if we assume that astrology is real, Pluto was crossing IC with Jupiter in MD and like It was not enough, Uranus in DSC and I was wondering "did I go crazy?" or "am I going crazy?". I had some paranoid thoughts too, paralyzed by fear, unable to communicate with anybody and work and a long list of symptoms...A totally different person, so I asked help from a psychotherapist.. I was angry with my friends and family cause they didn't help me(but how could they, if I didn't talk to them!)I was almost alone(I thank God my cousin supported me, one person was enough) and It was my choice! Such things we ourselves can go through! And don't feel you are the craziest person in the world cause It's not true, lots of ''normal'' people go through such phases, the majority! And when It's all over (cause It will) you will realise how constructive, necessary and transformative It was! Have faith in yourself! Everything will be fine!

My cousin experienced your transit 4 years ago and she had depression for a couple of years! But now she is strong, determined and ready to enter the FIT university!

gshasc

You are right to be upset and to a very great extent. Pluto transiting the 12 house is both a unique (to you) and indescribable experience: Worse for the fact that you must experience it alone - i.e., no one understands; there is no one to truly communicate with. Erin Sullivan in her book, Retrograde Planets, explains this in chapter 23. The experience recreates Hesiod's theogenic tales of the Greek Gods - viz., Pluto (Hades) was swallowed by the worldly Saturn into the darkness of his father's belly and there left alone. In more tractable terms - and this is especially true if Pluto has contacted by aspect any planets during his transit of your 12th house - you, your subconscious, are being taken apart and brought to the surface of awareness, piece by piece. NOT a pleasant experience. My advice: Work with the irresistible, inevitable Pluto on this, because you can't oppose him, and actively aid him in seeking to unearth the repressed BS that you have buried in your sub-conscious... the issues you have not dealt with and not yet brought into conscious awareness. Understand: Pluto will NOT give up until ALL the pieces are brought into conscious awareness and no BS! Understand that this is for you an important evolutionary experience. Deal with it. You can deal with it. Don't give up or give in. I speak from experience. Despite the loneliness of this transit, you are not alone. People care. Else I would not have bothered to write you.

Tarooha

Hey, In my experience, I’m having Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter in the 12th house now. Just Pluto alone, I got depressed, anxious, paranoid, and obsessive about success to detriment of myself (12th house Capricorn). I’ve been to psychiatric hospital for the past 7 years. Almost didn’t graduate high school, being bullied and sexually stalked around school environment. It’s like spending youth time in pain really. But last year till this year, Pluto and Saturn hit my sun in 12th house on my birthday. They teamed up with eclipse and south node there too. It was so dramatic. My solar return looks horrible too. :crying: I’ll tell you how it’s been like. Lol. First, in the middle of last year, I found out I had a hidden legal issue with my dad regarding nationality. (It was his misunderstanding since my birth that led to the problem 20 yrs later, but I forgive him now). I got pressured to transfer to another university abroad but I was spreading myself too thin already. I got setup as an incompetent student in university. Those people blamed me for their mistakes and believe my mental illness was a lie. I went back to therapy. Then one day, I was having enough and decided to pause my study for a semester because I was having so much mental breakdown with my mom on the phone every night or even having to phone her during classes. After I paused my study, I came to conclusion of leaving it all behind. Then January came, I quit the university. After that, just 1 month I quit, the pandemic started. Now, I’m stuck at home feeling lost with life. But you know what, it feels so much lighter. The pressure I put on myself to succeed for 10-12 years was lifted. I feel like I see the light at the end of the tunnel. I know Pluto isn’t gonna leave soon but to have Saturn and Jupiter enter my 1st house this December, I feel hope. There might still be some psychological turmoil but I feel like i’m being born again in a new dimension or direction.

I understand you. The 12th house is so helpless and powerless. I feel like I was chasing an illusion. After I got where I wanted, there’s no tangible improvement or solid being I could grab. And it’s like people just secretly planning to obstruct my dream too. I see that this thread was posted in 2014, I hope your life has improved now. But for me the journey continues.

Last edited:

annalubov

Does anyone else have pluto transiting their 12th house? are you going crazy too?

I can't believe i'm saying this, but i'm actually looking forward to when pluto conjuncts my ascendant.

My life started unravelling about 5 years ago…up until then things had been going pretty good. As soon as pluto entered my 12th house I went into a major depression. I'm not talking about the kind where you just feel a little down from time to time. I went into a paranoia…thinking i was deathly ill with some virus. Looking back now it seems crazy, but at the time i thought it was the realest thing. I started having panic attacks, didn't leave my house for days…didn't eat. I can honestly say it was the lowest point of my life.

Before pluto hit my 12th house i hadn't been to a hospital in 7 years…in the past 5 years I have been in there 4 times!

Since then I started meditation and became more spiritual as a way of coping with the depression. Before I relied solely on others for validation and over the past year or so I have completely shifted my thinking. I also had very poor eating habits, and after i went into this depression I started eating a lot better. Some good has come out of this transit, it hasn't been all bad. But to get to this point has been complete emotional hell. I've had more breakdowns and breakthroughs in the past 5 years compared to my whole life. I guess everyone always looks back at the rough times & sees them in a new light…but it has been hard.

Is anyone else going through this transit (pluto transiting your 12th house)? has it been rough or am i the only one?

Also does it get better after pluto hits your ascendant…or is that even worse? :crying:

Trying to see the positives…but i don't know how much longer i can deal with pluto's energies.

I actually just find out about my transit and that it had been since 2012, now it all makes sense (I still got 3 more years, it would be total of 13 years). I feel same as well, self isolation, not wanting to be around anyone etc., but there are some positives as well. But this transit is brutal BUT much needed in order to "start over".
Is your pluto still in 12th? or it moved to the 1st house?

How do you feel now ?

michael1984

As a 38 year old I have had ALL outer planets transit through the 12th (ruled by Capricorn) in my lifetime. Pluto finishes its transit through my 12th when it reaches my ascendant (about 4 degrees Aquarius). The Pluto transit started about 10 years ago coincidentally during a Saturn transit in my 8th house, and i can say with complete certainty that it dredged up people from my long ago past in ways that were so obviously cruel in a very tangible "Universe is literally picking on me" type fashion. The very moment this transit began, and ever since, I experienced enmity with multiple neighbours who either bullied me, or were junkies. I have also regularly encountered the 'mentally ill', people who are in some sort of crisis or working on drug and alcohol addictions, and it seems like every component of my life was torn to pieces for deep assessment and deep introspection IN SOLITUDE..

Last edited:

FraterAC

I think the thing to consider with these "house transits" is that the transiting planets are making aspects to various planets, and if slower planets, are receiving aspects as well. So a house transit is not all one thing that stays the same, pleasant or unpleasant, the whole time the planet is transiting the house. There will be different influences affecting them, and also, they will vary in intensity. And they are transit-ory, as in, temporary.
I think people tend to put more emphasis on house transits than they really deserve.
Remember, secondary/major progressions, and/or Solar arc directions, are more powerful than transits and last longer. And they, also, are not all one experience the whole period of their duration, but are modified by other influences, including transits. Even relatively unpleasant, relatively long lasting influences are broken up by other influences, giving more pleasant experiences.
I say this as someone who had the progressed Sun either parallel to or in conjunction with (radical or progressed) Saturn for 12 years. I also had Saturn chasing the Moon (transiting Saturn in aspect to progressed Moon).
Bottom line is, ALL of these celestial influences are temporary, even the ones of relatively long duration.

Hi Astrology02,

I am so grateful for finding your post and everyone's responses.

I am currently enduring Pluto transit Capricorn in my 12th house (Ascendant Aquaruis 4deg) and I feel as though I have gone crazy through different times in the last 15 years experiencing much anxiety and depression.

Since this transit began with Pluto entering Capricorn in 2008, major change has occurred. I thought I met the most amazing man I ever had met at a time when I was doing great in my life, the best I ever had - great job, earning big $, great friendships, going out enjoying life making wonderful memories. He was a knight in shining armour in the beginning, only to become a completely different person - abusive, isolating, controlling, manipulative, gaslighting, the whole lot! It was strange how I was able to be so manipulated. Even my ex boy friends were confused as to how anyone could have manipulated me (I was a strong independent free spirit who had alrwady endured a childhood of controlling domineering strict parents).

After 3.5 years and 7 months after the birth our our beautiful daughter I managed to find the courage to leave him in December 2011. Then my nightmare really began. Whilst he was the abusive and unfaithful one, he blamed me for everything and promised to destroy me! And he pretty much succeeded - financially, mentally, emotionally, physically. I lot my health, my energy, my mind so it felt.

After he kept and smashed everything I had ever owned, he dragged me through the Family court process, 3 + years (2 years of pressure of being self represented) and $40,000+ later then years of not following the court orders and ongoing abuse towards both myself and our daughter. It still continues.

In the beginning I wondered "why God? Why all this"? Then I learned of12th house transits, namely Pluto.

I now believe he was a 'hidden enemy' to help me grow by teaching me to stand up for myself even more than I ever had before. My best friend at the time who I support for the previous 7+ years through a similar experience suddenly turned on me because I no longer wanted to drink or party because now I was a Mum with a beautiful baby girl who I so desired to support her in her desires and give her a better childhood than I had. I can see now, my best friend too was a hidden enemy. I learned I was placing more care, concern, love and nuturing into helping others and now I needed to put myself first and put more care, concern, love and nurturing into myself and my daughter.

Pluto is still in Capricorn, due to move in 7 months to my 1st house in January 2024. I am so looking forward to this move. I feel in this 12th house transit since 2008, God has stripped me of everything that made me, me, my identity - my friends, my finances, my home, my self beliefs, my partner, my older brother (who also did not help me when I asked and desperately needed him), just about every support network and aspect of my life came crumbling down. A devastating and lonely process to endure. I lost my dream of being a whole family for all of our lives, my home, my dream of having more children and giving my daughter siblings as I promised her (I have remained single since leaving him although I have so wanted to meet someone to do life with but have been working through mental and emotional challenges to rebuild myself), I lost friends, all money and everything I ever owned (accept my daughter, my dog and my car, thankfully). It felt like everything was taken away for a purpose. To know that my identity does not lie in what I do or what I have, or what I was. Also, that whilst I have spent my life thinking I was in control, I've come to learn God is in control, and his plan for us is much better than what we can ever create.

I am still enduring depression and anxiety that comes and goes, and isolation that is forcing me to go inwards and acknowledge all that I have spent years and years trying to bury - all that is behind the scenes, my unconscious, every feeling that I have suppressed since a child, every unhealthy thought pattern, all the negative self talk from my childhood, all that has been suppressed by my own choice or by others around me (parents, partners etc). It's all coming up to be acknowledged and processed. If I did not have this forced time or solitude and isolation I would be using every possible means to avoid spending this much needed time alone with myself and God to process all that is buried deep.

Because of being a single parent for 10 + years now, I haven't really had the time to allow this to happen as much as I have needed. Now, with only 7 months to go in this transit, I feel it all coming to a head, to be processed finally, so that I may move on. It's tough, it's rough, it's horrible and I wish I had more support to do this. However, the solitude is needed. It's a deeply personal and private process that will help me transcend and transform into the person God created.

I was 30yo at the beginning of this transit and now I am 45yo. I am tired, exhausted and looking forward to the season of the 1st house 🙏😊

michael1984

Hi Astrology02,

I am so grateful for finding your post and everyone's responses.

I am currently enduring Pluto transit Capricorn in my 12th house (Ascendant Aquaruis 4deg) and I feel as though I have gone crazy through different times in the last 15 years experiencing much anxiety and depression.

Since this transit began with Pluto entering Capricorn in 2008, major change has occurred. I thought I met the most amazing man I ever had met at a time when I was doing great in my life, the best I ever had - great job, earning big $, great friendships, going out enjoying life making wonderful memories. He was a knight in shining armour in the beginning, only to become a completely different person - abusive, isolating, controlling, manipulative, gaslighting, the whole lot! It was strange how I was able to be so manipulated. Even my ex boy friends were confused as to how anyone could have manipulated me (I was a strong independent free spirit who had alrwady endured a childhood of controlling domineering strict parents).

After 3.5 years and 7 months after the birth our our beautiful daughter I managed to find the courage to leave him in December 2011. Then my nightmare really began. Whilst he was the abusive and unfaithful one, he blamed me for everything and promised to destroy me! And he pretty much succeeded - financially, mentally, emotionally, physically. I lot my health, my energy, my mind so it felt.

After he kept and smashed everything I had ever owned, he dragged me through the Family court process, 3 + years (2 years of pressure of being self represented) and $40,000+ later then years of not following the court orders and ongoing abuse towards both myself and our daughter. It still continues.

In the beginning I wondered "why God? Why all this"? Then I learned of12th house transits, namely Pluto.

I now believe he was a 'hidden enemy' to help me grow by teaching me to stand up for myself even more than I ever had before. My best friend at the time who I support for the previous 7+ years through a similar experience suddenly turned on me because I no longer wanted to drink or party because now I was a Mum with a beautiful baby girl who I so desired to support her in her desires and give her a better childhood than I had. I can see now, my best friend too was a hidden enemy. I learned I was placing more care, concern, love and nuturing into helping others and now I needed to put myself first and put more care, concern, love and nurturing into myself and my daughter.

Pluto is still in Capricorn, due to move in 7 months to my 1st house in January 2024. I am so looking forward to this move. I feel in this 12th house transit since 2008, God has stripped me of everything that made me, me, my identity - my friends, my finances, my home, my self beliefs, my partner, my older brother (who also did not help me when I asked and desperately needed him), just about every support network and aspect of my life came crumbling down. A devastating and lonely process to endure. I lost my dream of being a whole family for all of our lives, my home, my dream of having more children and giving my daughter siblings as I promised her (I have remained single since leaving him although I have so wanted to meet someone to do life with but have been working through mental and emotional challenges to rebuild myself), I lost friends, all money and everything I ever owned (accept my daughter, my dog and my car, thankfully). It felt like everything was taken away for a purpose. To know that my identity does not lie in what I do or what I have, or what I was. Also, that whilst I have spent my life thinking I was in control, I've come to learn God is in control, and his plan for us is much better than what we can ever create.

I am still enduring depression and anxiety that comes and goes, and isolation that is forcing me to go inwards and acknowledge all that I have spent years and years trying to bury - all that is behind the scenes, my unconscious, every feeling that I have suppressed since a child, every unhealthy thought pattern, all the negative self talk from my childhood, all that has been suppressed by my own choice or by others around me (parents, partners etc). It's all coming up to be acknowledged and processed. If I did not have this forced time or solitude and isolation I would be using every possible means to avoid spending this much needed time alone with myself and God to process all that is buried deep.

Because of being a single parent for 10 + years now, I haven't really had the time to allow this to happen as much as I have needed. Now, with only 7 months to go in this transit, I feel it all coming to a head, to be processed finally, so that I may move on. It's tough, it's rough, it's horrible and I wish I had more support to do this. However, the solitude is needed. It's a deeply personal and private process that will help me transcend and transform into the person God created.

I was 30yo at the beginning of this transit and now I am 45yo. I am tired, exhausted and looking forward to the season of the 1st house 🙏😊
That sounds tough. Im going through it exactly the same. Pluto loves to be in control and it loves to wreak havoc in the 12th house where it can dredge up burdens, hurts, shames and embarrassments, the past, and every little shallow friend and relationship, its all up for annihilation. The loneliness and isolation of the 12th house gets real here. For example, out of absolutely nowhere, due to circumstances beyond my control that i won't mention, I had to move 500km from the city, into the wilderness.. A week later, out of sheer 'coincidence' (it's called synchronicity), my first partner who was abusive, rough and horrible to me, turns up in a small town not far away, and an intense opportunity for healing and forgiveness and letting go took place. Something inside this particular transit lends itself to monasticism, seclusion, delving deep into the self to reach in and pull out the strongest parts of yourself that you didn't know existed. Also, no matter WHAT i do, this transit seems to ensure that i stay single, even though i am healthy, attractive and in my prime.. trust me when you say you're looking forward to when this is over, I know EXACTLY how you feel! However when i think about this transit objectively, i feel that it is actually very beautiful, very healing, and spiritually strengthening, beneficial to one and all, I wish more people were going through it. PEACE

Last edited:

cara_star

I’m about to experience this transit next year… when it shifts into Aquarius. It will also be during my Saturn return. I was coming to look for relief, but that’s not what I got! Ha…. Send help

StarchaserNancy

Cara star,
Saturn return doesn't have to be bad. My first one I got married to someone who was more established than me and w/ good "perks," (Saturn/Venus in my chart). I quit a job/area of work that was too stressful, and found something less pay, but less stress. Nothing "bad." I did have some intermittent Saturn health stuff going on, but this transit was not as bad as some others I've gone through.

Last edited: