Pluto conjunct U,K Sun 10 degrees Capricorn

ptolomy

Evidence of the de-structuring principle of Pluto on the corporate empire in the uk has escalated recently with the phone hacking issue ,the past week has seen Rupert Murdoch have to liquidate the 'News of the World' newspaper after recent disclosures of reporters using phone hacking on various people for stories.
Some thing interesting mentioned on radio 4 when a person phoning in suggests British public are losing faith in the establishment to deal with all the dodgy dealings and underhand tactics in many areas of the establishment(Capricorn) after the recent fiddling of expenses by mps,the suggestion of police taking bribes to disclose private information to the press,the use of of ex press editors etc from dodgy newspapers by Labour and Conservatives as their press agents,The demands on the British people from the government to accept extreme cuts to the system,at the same time banks are allowed to do as they please, despite many considering them responsible for much of the economic downturn.
Hypocrisy is likely to lead to a major backlash soon in my opinion especially once the cuts to public services start to bite.

ptolomy

Also today the E.U(which has its natal sun at 10 degrees capricorn as well) is experiencing massive drops on the stock exchange due to uncertainty over dire financial situation compounded with Greece possibly defaulting on debt and many other EU countries close to big debt problems and repercussions of public reactions to extreme cuts to deal with the debt.The Euro dropped to a 2 year low against the dollar today temporarily.

ptolomy

Correction: Market insecurity sends Euro into 4 year low against the Dollar.
Venus transiting 9.30 to 10.40 degrees Cancer today,Pluto still retrograding at 5.50 Capricorn.Market concerned that Italy is holding back on instigating austerity measures and is to big an economy to fail if default on debt happened,talk of new measure to shore up the Greek economy as a reassurance.

ptolomy

Lol,correction again,now the news this morning the next day is saying that the Euro was at a 4 month low trading against the Dollar,Wish they would make their mind up,anyway basically whatever the time duration is i think they are trying to say the Euro is in a lower than normal position compared to the Dollar,Also yesterday(12,7,11) the Irish debt was set to junk status a serious development.

Caro

I was amazed of the speed that the newspaper(News of World ) closed!
There is more too come for the empire of News International. The amount of corruption is quite unreal. The speed of this has to be uranus in aries?

In relation to EU - Italy, spain, Portugal and Ireland are also in dire situations financially. Ireland debt was considered 'junk' the other day.
The whole thing will put a massive strain on the EU!

Uranus is in the 12th house in the UK chart(from memory)

ptolomy

I was amazed of the speed that the newspaper(News of World ) closed!
There is more too come for the empire of News International. The amount of corruption is quite unreal. The speed of this has to be uranus in aries?

In relation to EU - Italy, spain, Portugal and Ireland are also in dire situations financially. Ireland debt was considered 'junk' the other day.
The whole thing will put a massive strain on the EU!

Uranus is in the 12th house in the UK chart(from memory)

I can see your point,It can be seen as Uranus as the present destabilising trigger on the UK and the EU,But I think that the transiting T square of Uranus/Pluto is strongest in its conjunction from Pluto to both the UK and EU charts Suns in Capricorn,Especially as the affect a few days ago was mainly affecting the corporates and states(Capricorn),In the UK and EU,Rupert Murdoch's hold on approximately 40% of the news media in the UK has been seen as an undemocratic empirical hold on its politicians who cosied up to him in fear that other wise he would use his influence through his newspapers and Sky TV to damage them if they didn't comply with his agenda.The previous Prime minister for the Labour party,Tony Blair,and the present coalition Conservative Prime minister,David Cameron ,have both been very friendly in the past towards Murdoch,But over the past 2 weeks his empire has started to fall apart due to disclosures that reporters working for 'The News of the World' Sunday newspaper hacked into the mobile phone of dead schoolgirl Milly Dowler during a police investigation and erased voice mail to make room allegedly for other voice mail saves,This became compounded when it was disclosed that there could be 1000,s of cases of similar phone hacks from dead Iraq war soldiers families to politicians to victims of crime,to celebrities and the royal family,a massive list of criminal phone hacking.
Now Murdochs influence is finished in the UK in my opinion,In the past many said his power in the media had a big affect on who would win general elections in the UK,I dont think after the previous 2 weeks disclosures that will happen again.The tipping point appears to have happened as Venus made an opposition to the Natal sun in the UK chart,creating a temporary T-Square with Pluto And Uranus.This also coincides with the EU currency problems peaking.
Pluto is presently backing off from 10 cap at the moment,but will reach a closer position before retrograding again on 9.4,2012 at 9.34 cap.so it would appear that the main themes of collapse of empires and states has much bigger moves ahead,Especially the Single European Currency and its stability.
I guess that it is difficult to separate Pluto and Uranus in this crisis as they are working together,so it can also be said that Uranus is involved in this process as much as Pluto.

ptolomy

I think because in the west the 1st of January/Sun 10 degrees Capricorn is so significant to so many people and states because so many institutions and countries came into official existence on this date,and so many people begin the new year on this date every year with the intent of making big changes to their lives through 'New year resolutions',this being the position of multitudes of state and personal Suns in so many endeavours has got to be the most sensitive degree possible for westerners.
I seriously doubt the European Union through the collapse of its currency will survive the next 2 years,Many analysts say Greece is only presently being propped up financially to allow the rest of the EU countries to prepare for the inevitable collapse of the Greek economy leading to a domino effect on Spain, Portugal, Ireland, Italy,and of course total collapse of the Euro currency,The repercussions of this would be catastrophic.Some say it could lead to a new world wide economic meltdown that would make the 2008 crisis pale into insignificance.

ptolomy

Today we hear the results of what some call a public relations exercise to quiet the markets,An EU committee that has recently been accessing the financial stability of 90 EU banks finds that 8 are not up to coping with an EU financial crisis,5 are Spanish,2 are Greek and 1 is Austrian.

ptolomy

Also prime minister David Cameron was on Saturday accused of being too close to Rupert Murdoch disgraced media group'news international' after the government released records showing he met 26 Murdoch executives since moving into downing street 15 months ago.

And over the past 2 days:

Rupert Murdoch takes out full page adds in British competitor papers saying a personal apology to the public for the phone hacking scandal,He also pays a private visit to the family of Milly Dowler the murdered schoolgirl to apologise to them. 2 top executives(Rebecca Brookes CEO of the British unit of 'news international' and Les Hinton 'Wall street journal' publisher) resigned over the scandal,Some speculate Murdoch was using these 2 people as a defence to stop attention finally reaching him.It appears now that it has.
It has also moved overseas to the USA where the FBI are investigating his 'News international groups' behaviour.

Munch

Crazy times! I've been following this and pretty much every political story closely. Pluto in Capricorn has the potential to do enough damage to existing systems all on it's own, but to throw in the previous exact square to Saturn in Libra (Justice) and the still present square to Uranus in Aries (Sudden events leading to new beginings) I just can't see how these systems will remain in tact at all. Of course, I'm am of the mind that they should fall to pieces. It's definitely time to start over.

Caro

Yes - it was the speed of the events of last week which is why I referred to Uranus.

David Cameron is a libra sun. His side kick who I think has been plottingto bring this to surface a capricorn sun, Nick Clegg.

if you think what David and Co have done since coming into office though they are dismantling the public sector - yet no media backlash to talk off!!Now we know why.

The fact that the police too have been bribed is appalling.

I agree withyou about EU and I think it is a good thing. it has lost the plot. the new multi million poundHQ for example. how ridiculous is that!Its a disgrace.

however what are the effects for the 'average Jo' in the street. In Ireland the situation is dire with mass migration again.

ptolomy

David Milliband the leader of the Labour party called for a break up of all Rupert Murdochs media business (news international)in the UK yesterday so that his media companies cannot threaten UK democracy ever again.A select committee of MP's will meet Rebecca Brookes, James Murdoch and Rupert Murdoch to question them on Tuesday over the hacking,they could be put on oath if necessary.

Mars will move into early Cancer the beginning of August creating a grand cross with Uranus, Pluto and Saturn,the square will be in effect for much of August.
I would expect the European financial stability issues to escalate during this period,And the UK could experience an escalation in its establishment/corporate de structuring.

Last edited:

ptolomy

As its a cardinal cross as well I don't think we will have to wait long for something drastic and dramatic to happen.

I wish i had given this thread a different title instead of 'Pluto conjunct UK Sun 10 degrees Capricorn',The way its developing and the many other countries that are affected by this configuration makes it an unsuitable title,any way of changing it?
I chose the title because of my interest in British politics,but the configuration has such a massive world wide affect.

R4VEN

Rupert Murdoch (who must have known about the tactics used by his company's journalists - unless he really does live in a rarified environment) has a temporary Yod on his chart created by natal Venus in Aqua in 3rd inconjunct natal Neptune in Virgo in 9th. The 3rd planet in the (temporary Yod) is tr Uranus (surprise, surprise :w00t::w00t:) inconjunct his Neptune and sextile his Venus, and transiting his 4th house. The 4th house connection is probably his father's `empire', which is no doubt on rocky ground. [Rupert's father, Keith, died when Rupert was 22. My `theory', FWIW, is that Rupert has always been attempting to `prove his worth' to his dead father, and things just got out of hand.]

Yods in transit always create tests of character, and a person's behaviour and decisions as a result of the tests have long-lasting consequences. The fact that Murdoch visited the parents of the dead girl and apologised to them face-to-face shows that he must have internalised some of his mother's teaching of him. (His mother, Dame Elisabeth Murdoch, is 102 years old, and a healthy and active philanthropist.) Also, his stepping back from acquiring BSkyB was another very wise move.

Rupert Murdoch now to face a Parliamentary Committee. Everyone is watching.

And now that David Cameron is under the spotlight, it is interesting to note the position of tr Saturn on his natal - through 1st house, approaching his Libra Sun, having already been conjunct this point in mid Dec, and then again in mid March.

I am watching this `thing' unfold with a lot of interest, so thanks, ptolomy, for beginning this thread.

ptolomy

Thank you R4ven for your research,very interesting info,I suspect you might have listened to the 'Radio 4' programme I listened to yesterday about Ruperts history?It mentioned a lot that you just mentioned about how his mother has allegedly tried to pull him up about meddling in other peoples private business through his papers and how he started with his dads paper in Australia and continued to expand into the UK and later the US in ventures that many said could not succeed.As you say he appeared to be looking for respect from his father through his business ventures,It appears James is trying to do the same.

R4VEN

I'm an Aussie, and can remember my (late) parents bemoaning Rupert's early influence on a local (Adelaide) afternoon newspaper, which was his first proper job after his father died.

This YouTube video is taken from an interview with Dame Elisabeth back when she was a sprightly 99 years old. To my knowledge, she is still as sprightly, healthy and opinionated!! Long may she live.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hQcfpQ64V88

Unfortunately I have been unable to source the clip from the same interview in which she stated something like:
"Rupert and I do disagree about a lot of things, particularly about what he does, but one thing I can say is that he is a wonderful father and a wonderful son."
Diplomatic as well as wise.

ptolomy

She appears to be a very likeable woman,very realistic,I think her attitude about ageing is admirable,Incredible mind for her age.Its a shame she couldn't have sorted Rupert out.Thanks for the vid R4ven.