Pluto and Saturn Opposing Sun/Moon

Roachie

Greetings everyone.

I'm here to get some perspective on a transit I've been going through for about a year. I've read up on it on this forum, but for the interest of specificity within my own chart, I figured I could try sharing my own concerns and experiences as well.

Currently, Pluto and Saturn are opposing my Sun and Moon, and soon Mercury. It waned off a little over the summer as they both retrograded a little, but I'm bracing myself for Saturn's eventual return to direct motion in a few days. I attached my chart so you can take a look at this mess.

Before this, I went through Uranus Square Sun/Moon/Mercury -- which was intense but fun, and Saturn opposite Venus/Mars, which was less intense and no fun at all. Let me just say I went from being a jovial, happy-go-lucky, sociable person to more or less a recluse, over the past year. My career has really been taking off and I have a lot of work opportunities that are bringing me a lot of satisfaction, but all my friends have pretty much moved, or I have moved on from them and don't wish to re-establish contact. I'm a lone wolf, and it doesn't bother me too much.

Despite this, I feel a little stagnated. I'm trying to take control of my life and "get out there" again, but every time I try, it just doesn't feel right. It feels like I need to let go and embrace this time and let it do whatever it needs to do.

I guess my question is, will the weight be lifted off when Saturn moves away from my luminary orbit in 2020? I know it needs to oppose mercury before but I don't mind those transits to Mercury too much. What's the significance of this transit happening from the 5th to 11th house?

I also have Neptune Trine Moon/Sun coming up, as well as Pluto Trine AS, how will these energies play into this? Basically, what's your take?

Attachments

• astro_2gw.47962.380175.jpg
    astro_2gw.47962.380175.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 29

Osamenor

Staff member
Let me just say I went from being a jovial, happy-go-lucky, sociable person to more or less a recluse, over the past year. My career has really been taking off and I have a lot of work opportunities that are bringing me a lot of satisfaction, but all my friends have pretty much moved, or I have moved on from them and don't wish to re-establish contact. I'm a lone wolf, and it doesn't bother me too much.

Despite this, I feel a little stagnated. I'm trying to take control of my life and "get out there" again, but every time I try, it just doesn't feel right. It feels like I need to let go and embrace this time and let it do whatever it needs to do.

I guess my question is, will the weight be lifted off when Saturn moves away from my luminary orbit in 2020? I know it needs to oppose mercury before but I don't mind those transits to Mercury too much. What's the significance of this transit happening from the 5th to 11th house?
It's not necessarily going to take that long for the weight to lift. It might take that long to figure out what kind of social situation truly meets your needs now, let alone establish that. It sounds to me like what's weighing on you now is that the way you know how to be social no longer works for you, but you haven't yet learned how to be social in a way that does work for you.

Our lives don't improve just because a heavy transit has moved on. They improve because of what we've done during that heavy transit. That may be working on a goal, or taking a break to process things, or any of a number of things, but you have to do whatever it is in order for things to improve.

I also have Neptune Trine Moon/Sun coming up, as well as Pluto Trine AS, how will these energies play into this? Basically, what's your take?
Trines by transit are what's flowing smoothly for you. Usually, we don't notice them, we take them for granted. A transiting conjunction, square, or opposition, you would notice, because that's a time when something comes up that you have to deal with. There's a corner to turn, a problem to solve, a responsibility to take up or let go of, a change to be made. Sometime after the transit moves on, it becomes an easy aspect--a sextile or trine--and at that time, you coast on the momentum of whatever change was made at the last hard angle transit. It's not the time when you want to make a change.

If you have hard angle transits from something else at the same time, your transiting trines give you some help. They're like the magical item the questing hero finds and uses to meet the challenge (hard angle transit).

But because of which planets are involved and how young you are, the last hard angle transits from Neptune to your Sun and Moon and Pluto to your AC didn't happen in your lifetime. They happened before you were born. So, you won't be benefitting from your own choices, but from a legacy, in a sense. Whatever good conditions you find, they'll be the result of something already in place, for you to step into.

Roachie

It's not necessarily going to take that long for the weight to lift. It might take that long to figure out what kind of social situation truly meets your needs now, let alone establish that. It sounds to me like what's weighing on you now is that the way you know how to be social no longer works for you, but you haven't yet learned how to be social in a way that does work for you.

You are very right about that. I've been feeling this kind of energy lately and didn't really know how to put it into words, but this hit the nail right on the head, thank you. It's a little surreal because I'm actually enjoying being on my own, but it's very new territory. I do notice transit energy quite a bit though. I've gone through cycles in my life of these events which were flavored quite differently depending on the transit energy involved at the time. (Saturn opposite Venus and Mars was a bloodbath!)

Trines by transit are what's flowing smoothly for you. Usually, we don't notice them, we take them for granted. A transiting conjunction, square, or opposition, you would notice, because that's a time when something comes up that you have to deal with. There's a corner to turn, a problem to solve, a responsibility to take up or let go of, a change to be made. Sometime after the transit moves on, it becomes an easy aspect--a sextile or trine--and at that time, you coast on the momentum of whatever change was made at the last hard angle transit. It's not the time when you want to make a change.

So, I'm inclined to disagree here because I did experience a sextile by Uranus to Venus a few years back and I very much felt it for the two years it was very active for. Then again, it was Uranus so maybe it makes things more noticeable, and I do know that sextiles have a more dynamic nature than trines. I guess I'm a little inquisitive because everything I've researched up until now revolves around Neptune Trine Sun to be about spirituality and finding new compassion, when I'm already a pretty actively spiritual person, so I'm not sure how I could have additional experiences there, but I guess time will tell.

Thank you so much for your insight! For whatever is worth, I'm having Neptune Square Venus finishing off right now and it was... hazy to say the least.

Osamenor

Staff member
So, I'm inclined to disagree here because I did experience a sextile by Uranus to Venus a few years back and I very much felt it for the two years it was very active for. Then again, it was Uranus so maybe it makes things more noticeable, and I do know that sextiles have a more dynamic nature than trines.

They do indeed. I realize I can't speak from experience about Uranus sextiles, really, because Uranus has been transiting the mostly empty section of my chart for decades now. I did have a Uranus sextile to natal Mars when it entered Aries, but that was also an applying square to my AC/DC, so more dynamic.

About seven years before your Uranus sextile to Venus, Uranus squared your Venus. Do you remember anything from that time that fits the theme?

Squares are a hard poke. It's like the transiting planet is shaking the natal planet awake. Sextiles are a gentler, friendlier poke. The planet receiving the sextile still gets woken up, but it's like waking up to a clock radio playing a catchy song, instead of a blaring alarm or a violent shake. A sextile after the square would be like the planet coming back and saying, "Hey, remember me? Remember last time, when (whatever came up at the square)? Let's dance!"

Frisiangal

Greetings everyone.

I'm here to get some perspective ......…….

Currently, Pluto and Saturn are opposing my Sun and Moon, and soon Mercury. It waned off a little over the summer as they both retrograded a little, but I'm bracing myself for Saturn's eventual return to direct motion in a few days
..................I feel a little stagnated. I'm trying to take control of my life and "get out there" again, but every time I try, it just doesn't feel right. It feels like I need to let go and embrace this time and let it do whatever it needs to do.

I guess my question is, will the weight be lifted off when Saturn moves away from my luminary orbit in 2020?
………….... What's the significance of this transit happening from the 5th to 11th house?

There is one major transiting aspect you did not mention, so may not yet have taken into consideration and noticed, and that is tr. Uranus square itself that everyone goes through in their early 20's. It's the first 'real' introduction to independence, following its sextile to itself in puberty when the generation gap with parental authority seems to take effect and group friendships take priority. At the square, 'clashes' of all kinds can be expected in the attempt to leave the nest and spread one's wings. The outer planets energy within us bring about a necessity to deal with approaching change; after all no one stays a child forever, do they?:wink:

The transit of Saturn to natal Sun-Moon-Mercury has not yet occured, even if it feels as if it has. With an accurate time of birth (not shown), it is still 'locked' in the 4th house 'castle', which can either be self-imposed or imposed upon by authorities other than one's own. In either case, the Uranus effect is being held back by bringing about that which it should.

Pluto destroys that which is no longer of necessity to create that which is new and unexplored. That can be scary for a New Moon in Cancer person, for whom that which is habitual and familiar provides the comfort that won't rock their emotional needs boat. In the 11th house that would include the importance of platonic friendships as opposed to the 'romanticised' 5th house kind. Yet that same New Moon configuration MUST (Pluto) go through circumstances that will bring about an emotional change within themselves and in their manner of thinking (Mercury). A harsh Neptune (faith) influence to spirit [will] (Sun), feeling [or soul?] (Moon), and mind (Mercury) can often weaken when it fails to strengthen, and one's desires are expected to be fulfilled through others than through one's Self.

You could say that Pluto defines where a look towards 'a new beginning to a fresh start' (or vice versa) is approaching. Once tr. Saturn leaves the 4th house and crosses over to the 5th house, there will be nothing left of 'the past'. Taking responsibility for one's self may become the priority and, at the same time, appease transit Uranus's necessity for independence.:wink:

You do realise that the planets represent parts of yourself and are not 'sky gods' pulling your strings, don't you ?

My half cent of alternate perspective.

:smile: