Pluto and ocd

Shamir

Does one of the reasons I have ocd and other people cause of planet Pluto

Whoam1

No, OCD is a Saturn-Mercury thing. Pluto itself only makes things volatile, it does not directly produce anything (with the acceptation that an angular Pluto person can be rather docile so they can be open to abuse).

Shamir

Or1000 i could not get my rising sign my moon sign is Scorpio Does that mean am Pluto and whoam1 I heard Pluto had to do with obsession and it was Pluto period when the ocd started slowly And what about Saturn mercury causes ocd can give me more info dude

Whoam1

Mercury is nervous as is, it is your mind and nervous system, applying Saturn to it make you have to be in control of your mind and nerves at all time creating this never-ending cycle. Pluto is volitle making anything it touches either turn on or off.

So pluto-venus for example could either be intensified affection or absent affection.

Mars is more like Scorpio, they are aggressive want space freedom etc.

Mars aspecting mercury aplifys mercury's nervous habits (turns nail bitting to you damaging ur fingers).

Pluto with mercury means u could be intensely nervous or have nerves if steel, but does not change the Actions you do.

I am a Plutoian person btw. I have Scorpio Mercuy rising aspecting my Mars exactly.

Your Scorpio moon points to Mars. I would like to see your chart.

EsmerSilver

I associate Neptune with mental illness generally. But someone who has a Mercury-Pluto conjunction is always obsessed about "finding the truth" he does not have OCD. Rather my cousin who has Neptune aspecting his ascendent at less than 1* is the one that has been suffering from jarring OCD along with other mental illnesses for quite some time now. Not that you are necessarily wrong. This is just a personal observation.

CapAquaPis

Saturn opposite Mercury for me: Saturn in Virgo in 3rd (conjunct Lilith with a Mars and Jupiter alignment, a stellium instead) vs. Mercury in Pisces in 9th (13' Pisces which is the planet's fall)...and I was tested for OCD and ADD symptoms in the past, they are too similar to already having a diagnosis of mild or high-functioning autism.

IleneK

Premium Member
I can't say for sure that OCD is Merc Sat or not, but I will say that when or1000 suggests a Plutonian influence, it rings a bell.

Pluto, the modern ruler of Scorpio, is about compulsion. One will either come along willingly to the underworld or will be dragged along by Pluto's influence in the chart. Words I think of with Pluto are inexorable [look it up], unrelenting.
It is undeniable that there is an inexorable, unrelenting component in OCD.
If you have prominent Pluto in your chart or Pluto in aspect to other planets, then you will see elements of compulsion, domination.

CapAquaPis

The 6th is the house of illness, Pluto cusping Sag while it transits from its ruling sign Scorpio, and despite being a generational planet, there's a whole lot of new diagnoses, more prevalence and reduction of discussing the mental illness and disorder "taboo" in (North American) society when Pluto was in Sagittarius now Capricorn entering Aquarius in a year or two (i.e. the MAD Pride movement has a Wikipedia article, started in Canada in the 1990s-2000s by few residents of a Toronto, Ontario public housing project, expected from a notably liberal haven).

Cassiopeia

I have OCD. The cusp of my 3rd house is Scorpio. My Saturn is in Scorpio, but not in the 3rd house. I have very much Mercury emphasis in my chart (stellium with personal planets), so my mind is definitely never quiet... :pouty:

CapAquaPis

In 2024, my progressed Mercury is back at my natal degree orbiting direct to its fall of 13' pisces...my first decade in my life before retrograde in 1990-2013 and the past decade since 2012 it has a similar effect when it returned in direct.

A piece of information I've copypasta about how my mental state, mind, psyche and sense of self is currently experiencing (and experienced before as a child):

*Progressed Mercury square Ascendant: Mercury square Ascendant natal gives a sharp mind, curiosity and creative intelligence. You are excellent with words, whether it is learning, communicating and expressing yourself*. (my natal Mercury in Pisces conjunct Cancer rising, similar when squaring Moon/ 4th).

*Progressed Mercury square Moon/ Cancer/ 4th house: When a progressed Mercury is square or opposite the Moon you can find that choosing the right words to express your feelings does not come naturally. You have to know what to say in the right place and the right time. And it's the context in how you say it.* (Mercury square ascendant people are described as intelligent or genial).

*Progressed Mercury square Ascendant-any signs: This natal Mercury aspect gives a sharp mind, curiosity and creative intelligence. You are excellent with words, whether it is learning, reading, writing or speaking. Your mind is so active you need to keep busy with interesting and demanding mental work.*

*Progressed Mercury in Pisces: When your progressed Mercury enters Pisces, your mind can be a bit foggy, and you have a hard time with traditional mental tasks and projects, so logic and reason go out of the door. This is a good period for studying the occult, metaphysical, spirituality, and to open your mind to the beyond. If you allow yourself to be open, you can make incredible discoveries, so try not to force yourself to be all logic and reason. There are many ways to learn, and they’re all important in different ways. Check which houses your natal Mercury is in and rules to see where you can make discoveries.* (same).

*Progressed Mercury in my 9th: When your progressed Mercury enters your 9th house, it's time to get out into the world and experience a thing or two. Life is meant to be lived, though you may not enjoy it. You have to try your best to achieve a life goal.* (actually, my natal progressed Mercury is always in 9th).

*Saturn conjunct Pluto natal (and transit) introduces you to hardship at an early age. Your parents may have been poor or one of them may have been very strict, even mean to you. Even if you come from a wealthy family it is likely you experienced some kind of restriction when you were young that shaped your character*. (Dec 25, 1981-Jan 15, 1982, too early in my life at age 1 going to 2 when my parents' marriage began to fall apart in the next 4 or 5 years until their divorce, and Oct 21-31, 2011, was a failed attempt to move out of my area that didn't went well, and I remain here in the last 11 years, I relocated within 5-6 miles from my hometown I lived in since my birth in 1980, my own apartment from Aug 19, 2004-Feb 29, 2008 and lived currently in the same place from Mar 1, 2008 but a remodeling from May-Dec 2018 when I was briefly at a hotel paid for by my city to renovated my low-income apartment.)

and *Saturn Conjunct Mercury Natal or transits (an OCD or breakdown trigger) - You think thoroughly and cautiously. It's likely you communicate with as much care as well. You probably learned to process this way because you had critical parents or teachers (bosses), who didn't tolerate mistakes or meanderings well*. (I was never diagnosed but was tested or screened for OCD symptoms).

Feb 15-28, 1995 was when a transiting Saturn conjunct natal Mercury is when my mind realized on my 15th birthday: I'm not really a child anymore and had an emotional wake-up call. The next time this conjunction with saturn touches a natal Mercury degree at its fall is on Apr 1-6, 2023 (next year exactly on this week, and I'm mourning over my late Mom passed on Apr 4 exactly last year).

Last edited:

rhoeas722

Yes, I have no doubt about it. OCD is the tip of the iceberg, as soon as you make conscious the purpose of that OCD, then you will be free of it.

CapAquaPis

I find these astronomical-astrological events to be emotional times for many, if not just me.

Pluto transit opposite node (P 6' Scorpio, N 6' Taurus) in Jan and Feb 1986.
Pluto conjunct node (P/N 27' Scorpio) in Feb 1994.
Pluto transit opposite node (P 14' Sagittarius, N 14' Gemini) in Aug 2002.
Pluto conjunct node (P/N 3' Capricorn) in Nov 2010.
Pluto transit opposite node (P 23' Capricorn, N 23' Cancer) in Apr 2019.

Note Scorpio is on my 5-6th, Sagittarius 6-7th and Capricorn 7-8th.

And the opposite signs Taurus 10-11th, Gemini 11-12th and Cancer 12th-1st on my chart.

CapAquaPis

And Pluto and the node conjunct my natal Uranus in Jan 1994, just when I'm about to turn 14 that year (my Aquarius sun/moon sense of self on Feb 15th).

And it was conjunct again this time in Capricorn on the thanksgiving-Christmas season in 2010 (I was age 30 headed to 31 in early 2011).

I began to feel more anxious and depressed from ages 10-13 to stopped around ages 30-33, not the way a person wants to experience their teenage and young adult years.

CapAquaPis

Looking at the history of Pluto and Node transits: the opposite node was on my Mom's birthday in 1986, she and Dad divorced the following year.

Then the 2002 opposition in 14' Gemini which is on the 11th-12th house cusp, which was a malefic and problematic part of my life.

And in 2019, I was involved in a 2-some year romantic relationship I usually don't get, you can thank the opposition of Pluto in 23' Cap vs Node in 23' Can conjunct my ASC.

dr. farr

I share the opinion that ocd is usually connected with mercury/saturn, but would also add some consideration of Uranus as a possible contributing factor in some cases; the compulsive element in any case will usually be Saturnian, although highly ritualistic compulsions might suggest a look at Jupiter.

valuhz

Saturn opposite Mercury for me: Saturn in Virgo in 3rd (conjunct Lilith with a Mars and Jupiter alignment, a stellium instead) vs. Mercury in Pisces in 9th (13' Pisces which is the planet's fall)...and I was tested for OCD and ADD symptoms in the past, they are too similar to already having a diagnosis of mild or high-functioning autism.
Oh perfect, I have that transit right now and I’m suffering from it