Please help me read my friend's chart!

kimiko8

I have a very close friend who I care about. He's currently not into anything- into a relationship, into work, into friends, into nothing! He's not very worried about this, but still he asks me if anything will come out of his life..
When I saw the chart, I wondered what it was- the personal houses are just empty, and it's all cornered in the top left quadrant.

Anyone care to give their views on this?
Thank You!

Last edited:

kimiko8

I think it's an interesting chart, I haven't seen so many aspects and planets focused in a place, and I'll be glad if someone can give an overall reading...So, bump!

AJ Astrology

I have a very close friend who I care about. He's currently not into anything- into a relationship, into work, into friends, into nothing! He's not very worried about this, but still he asks me if anything will come out of his life..
When I saw the chart, I wondered what it was- the personal houses are just empty, and it's all cornered in the top left quadrant.

Anyone care to give their views on this?
Thank You!

Hi kimiko8,

You're looking at a bundle chart. Everything is crammed into 120 degrees of the chart more or less. Such people are often self-centered. Worse, he has Capricorn Venus conjunct Jupiter, which can make people self-indulgent and lazy. The Moon, Mercury and Mars are completely out of sec in his chart. Mercury out of sect in Sagittarius might make him too independent.

I read charts by Whole Sign so I see oriental Saturn ruling H1 and Sun in H10, which creates the possibility of great honors and lots of promotions in work, but Libra Moon out of sect in H9 makes him too much of a dreamer.

kimiko8

Hi kimiko8,

You're looking at a bundle chart. Everything is crammed into 120 degrees of the chart more or less. Such people are often self-centered. Worse, he has Capricorn Venus conjunct Jupiter, which can make people self-indulgent and lazy. The Moon, Mercury and Mars are completely out of sec in his chart. Mercury out of sect in Sagittarius might make him too independent.

I read charts by Whole Sign so I see oriental Saturn ruling H1 and Sun in H10, which creates the possibility of great honors and lots of promotions in work, but Libra Moon out of sect in H9 makes him too much of a dreamer.

Thank you for your reply.
I agree with what you think. He is very self centered, but comes off softer, since he always talks of himself trying to be one with nature and the world. He wouldn't think any other way of it, and if you ask him to look another way he gets miffed. He is unusually calm, and unconcerned (that annoys me a little).

He is very independent, and doesn't seem to care what people think, but lately he confided in me if whether feeling like that is a problem. Personally, I think it is, you need roots, you need goals, and a direction, otherwise you're just being.

What do you mean by out of sect? Can you please explain?
What really interested me about this was the almost lack of typically 'difficult' aspects. I think he has two squares, and that's about it. I read somewhere that a lack of stressful aspects do not force an individual to change or make them see another point of view, and they might get too content on coasting on whatever they have instead of striving for something.

Another thing was the empty personal houses- and 7th house. What I understand is that means he will not put too much thought or need to put too much effort in those areas of life, but he has been thinking about settling down.. And has no idea how to go about it, oddly enough.

AppLeo

Yes, his Venus conjunct Jupiter in capricorn is linked to laziness.

I think one of his biggest and most important things to focus on in his chart is the location of Mars. When looking at Mars, you're looking at someone's motivations and passions. When you say that he isn't really doing much of anything and is doing this rather selfishly it's quite fitting for his Mars placement.

So.. Mars in the 12th house suppresses, blocks, or confuses someone regarding their physical or motivational desires. He has a lot that he wants to do in this life, but it's very hard to find and do what he actually wants. If his Mars was in the first house he would be a go-getter for everything, but in the 12th, it's almost as though people with this placement take actions that undermine everything they want.

His Mars is in Aquarius as well. Not to say that Mars in Aquarius could be linked to his unmotivation; that's definitely a 12th house thing. But Mars in Aquarius people are kind of oblivious to anger or intense emotions. Aquarius is an intellectual and light sign; mars is a heavy planet, so Mars in Aquarius people have a kind of cool, or have a "calm" tone to any oppositions they meet; like what you described. Like, I've never seen an Aquarius Mars get mad unless it's something on a humanitarian level. Moon in Libra could also indicate this--wanting logical balance over emotions.

Lastly, his Mars is exactly square Pluto. Mars in the 12th can indicate some kind of sexual trauma and so can Mars square Pluto. This only indicates; I can't say for sure. But your friend seems to be a really sexual person, especially having Moon in the 8th house. Also, Mars in Pluto are pretty secretive regarding their actions and aren't upfront with the things they do. Maybe he is telling you that he has no interest or appears to not have any direction or motivation in life, when in fact, he absolutely does. Especially with these planets being square between the 9th and 12th houses.. To me that indicates that his actions are strongly motivated by some kind of spiritual or belief system that isn't put out in the open for him and everyone else to see.

But then again, I could be completely wrong :lol:

Scorpios in general, which he is, are never really understood in this world anyway. And the majority of scorpios are quite focused on what they want from life.

The fact that all his planets are located in the upper half of his chart makes him pretty, I don't know, oblivious? to anything regarding his own selfish needs. All his energy (planets) are expressed outwards neglecting his personal life.

Hope I helped :joyful:

kimiko8

Yes, his Venus conjunct Jupiter in capricorn is linked to laziness.

I think one of his biggest and most important things to focus on in his chart is the location of Mars. When looking at Mars, you're looking at someone's motivations and passions. When you say that he isn't really doing much of anything and is doing this rather selfishly it's quite fitting for his Mars placement.

So.. Mars in the 12th house suppresses, blocks, or confuses someone regarding their physical or motivational desires. He has a lot that he wants to do in this life, but it's very hard to find and do what he actually wants. If his Mars was in the first house he would be a go-getter for everything, but in the 12th, it's almost as though people with this placement take actions that undermine everything they want.

His Mars is in Aquarius as well. Not to say that Mars in Aquarius could be linked to his unmotivation; that's definitely a 12th house thing. But Mars in Aquarius people are kind of oblivious to anger or intense emotions. Aquarius is an intellectual and light sign; mars is a heavy planet, so Mars in Aquarius people have a kind of cool, or have a "calm" tone to any oppositions they meet; like what you described. Like, I've never seen an Aquarius Mars get mad unless it's something on a humanitarian level. Moon in Libra could also indicate this--wanting logical balance over emotions.

Lastly, his Mars is exactly square Pluto. Mars in the 12th can indicate some kind of sexual trauma and so can Mars square Pluto. This only indicates; I can't say for sure. But your friend seems to be a really sexual person, especially having Moon in the 8th house. Also, Mars in Pluto are pretty secretive regarding their actions and aren't upfront with the things they do. Maybe he is telling you that he has no interest or appears to not have any direction or motivation in life, when in fact, he absolutely does. Especially with these planets being square between the 9th and 12th houses.. To me that indicates that his actions are strongly motivated by some kind of spiritual or belief system that isn't put out in the open for him and everyone else to see.

But then again, I could be completely wrong :lol:

Scorpios in general, which he is, are never really understood in this world anyway. And the majority of scorpios are quite focused on what they want from life.

The fact that all his planets are located in the upper half of his chart makes him pretty, I don't know, oblivious? to anything regarding his own selfish needs. All his energy (planets) are expressed outwards neglecting his personal life.

Hope I helped :joyful:

Oh I know what you mean by Mars, and I noted it straight away. I have Mars in the 1st house actually, and to me he seems like another species. He looks at me and asks how I do it, and I just stare back. Huh? lol

He is definitely a very cool, spiritual (not cerebral, though) type. He tries to rationalize and accept everything, even when it's normally considered wrong.I agree that he doesn't put his belief out there, but it is very important to him. He won't attack you, but he has more of a 'take it or leave it, and let's never discuss it' reaction.

Oh, he is a sexual person. We are that. But for the life of me I can't imagine getting into anything more than that with him, and he knows it. I feel, as a reaction, he started telling me about himself. He admitted to me recently that for a long time he has been thinking about this goal in life, but it seemed very hazy. I suggested that he take philosophy or theology, given his leaning towards spirituality, but again, it seems he does it better for himself than others.

He is unlike the Scorpio archtype, actually- not driven, not focused, and oddly spiritual without impinging on others.

I've read that a bundle type/bucket type chart has an opposite focus, like a handle. Something similar to the 4th leg of a T square I guess? As I see it, it's falling in his 4th house, which has chirion...

AppLeo

Oh I know what you mean by Mars, and I noted it straight away. I have Mars in the 1st house actually, and to me he seems like another species. He looks at me and asks how I do it, and I just stare back. Huh? lol

Yeah I envy Mars 1st House people.

He is definitely a very cool, spiritual (not cerebral, though) type. He tries to rationalize and accept everything, even when it's normally considered wrong.I agree that he doesn't put his belief out there, but it is very important to him. He won't attack you, but he has more of a 'take it or leave it, and let's never discuss it' reaction.

Oh, he is a sexual person. We are that. But for the life of me I can't imagine getting into anything more than that with him, and he knows it. I feel, as a reaction, he started telling me about himself. He admitted to me recently that for a long time he has been thinking about this goal in life, but it seemed very hazy. I suggested that he take philosophy or theology, given his leaning towards spirituality, but again, it seems he does it better for himself than others. [/QUOTE]

I would say that philosophy, theology, spirituality, meditation would be great for him as well. And I didn't mean get sexual with you. I mean you are his friend not girlfriend? Either way, I just thought I'd throw the sexual thing in there.

He is unlike the Scorpio archtype, actually- not driven, not focused, and oddly spiritual without impinging on others.

hmm.. cool

I've read that a bundle type/bucket type chart has an opposite focus, like a handle. Something similar to the 4th leg of a T square I guess? As I see it, it's falling in his 4th house, which has chirion...

That's a really good point! Maybe that's his problem. I've also heard that people who have void of a certain element tend to over express the element negatively to overcompensate for the lack of the element. His Chiron and North Node are in the 4th, which must be difficult having all his planets in the opposite part of the chart.

animatedoodle

Can I ask....is he a funny person? Like can he make you laugh?

Just testing my theory about Sag MC's and the wide conjunction of Merc/Uranus in Sag has me interested.

He might not if the 8orb Saturn/Sun conjunction on the MC overshadows it.

Venus and Jupiter....trust me when I say that their bonded lazyness is something that he has to FIGHT. So his Mars in Aquarius is not really that interested in FIGHTING.

What are his interests? Does he have any? Is he observational? Most AQUA ASC are. The Quintile he has between Mars and Saturn
That could show his hidden talents.

Last edited:

kimiko8

Can I ask....is he a funny person? Like can he make you laugh?

Just testing my theory about Sag MC's and the wide conjunction of Merc/Uranus in Sag has me interested.

He might not if the 8orb Saturn/Sun conjunction on the MC overshadows it.

Venus and Jupiter....trust me when I say that their bonded lazyness is something that he has to FIGHT. So his Mars in Aquarius is not really that interested in FIGHTING.

What are his interests? Does he have any? Is he observational? Most AQUA ASC are. The Quintile he has between Jupiter and Uranus...I think...??
That could show his hidden talents.
]

He is unconventionally funny. Not in the way of jokes, those are terrible, but just in a general way. It might come off as sharp but he's just trying to make light of a situation.
He is very observational, yeah. He can break down situations and people and examine without getting too involved (unlike me lol). Now if he only knew his hidden talents.. Lol.
Eh, biking, traveling, reading.. He likes his family, but again I see it's not with the same 'fervor' that I have.

animatedoodle

]
He is unconventionally funny. Not in the way of jokes, those are terrible, but just in a general way. It might come off as sharp but he's just trying to make light of a situation.

Make light of a situation is VERY Sag. I sit next to a Sag girl at work, and when something gets heavy, she is the first to crack a witty sentence to lighten the air.

]
He is very observational, yeah. He can break down situations and people and examine without getting too involved (unlike me lol). Now if he only knew his hidden talents.. Lol.
Eh, biking, traveling, reading.. He likes his family, but again I see it's not with the same 'fervor' that I have.

I must apologise, I am terrible with written detail... your friend has a Quintile of Mars and Saturn.
Which is creative/innovative energy that must be unlocked.

So he needs to find something that drives him, in his creativity that will help him materialise his success. I would look to the houses and ask him, do you have any passion in Psychology? Teaching? Organising? Management of People? Reviewing?
Research?

wilsontc

Staff member
North node, to kimiko

kimiko,

You said:
I have a very close friend who I care about. He's currently not into anything- into a relationship, into work, into friends, into nothing! He's not very worried about this, but still he asks me if anything will come out of his life.

Your friend has his North node :)northnode: future goals on his IC (inner world). This indicates a deep need to go inward and find himself there. However, all of his energy is at the top of his chart (outer world). This creates a conflict: he needs to go inward and yet he naturally focuses outward. Learning how to leave the world behind and retreat inward will help him find the missing part to himself.

Inwardly,

Tim

kimiko8

kimiko,
You said:
Your friend has his North node :)northnode: future goals on his IC (inner world). This indicates a deep need to go inward and find himself there. However, all of his energy is at the top of his chart (outer world). This creates a conflict: he needs to go inward and yet he naturally focuses outward. Learning how to leave the world behind and retreat inward will help him find the missing part to himself.

Inwardly,

Tim

Before he met me, he said that he had decided to do some soul searching- he became an atheist, and started delving into psychology and philosophy and things like that. His friends notice that he's different, but not in a bad way. Like I said, he decided to become much calmer.

It's just that his romantic relationships are suffering. Initially he didn't want to, but now he's torn between two ideas- that he should (because he's tired of living alone) and that he doesn't have to (let it happen on its own). I wonder if going too inward can also be a bad thing.