Planets in peregrine

Neptune Rising

Hello

What is a peregrine planet?

I think Mars is peregrine in Leo, is the because for the whole of Leo, he is not in his own house, triplicity, term, face, detriment, fall etc?

Is Saturn peregrine in Virgo? I imagine he is not because 18-24 degrees Virgo Saturn is in his own terms. I am probably totally wrong about this but my grey matter just won't get it! :p

Would anyone please explain a little, thank you. :)
NR

Undo

Neptune Rising said:
Hello

What is a peregrine planet?

I think Mars is peregrine in Leo, is the because for the whole of Leo, he is not in his own house, triplicity, term, face, detriment, fall etc?

Is Saturn peregrine in Virgo? I imagine he is not because 18-24 degrees Virgo Saturn is in his own terms. I am probably totally wrong about this but my grey matter just won't get it! :p

Would anyone please explain a little, thank you. :)
NR
Well, it would depend on the degrees of said planets.

But, yes. Saturn is in his own terms in 18-23 degrees of Virgo.

EDIT: I editted my post and messed up.

Here's to the second time. Think of a Peregrine planet much like its definition. "Wanderer". It's a wandering planet. The weird part about these guys is that they tend to take over a chart, despite being Wanderers. They're generally the "squeaky wheel" OR conversely "the only wheel that works."

Hope that cleared some things up.

Here's Ptolemy's chart:

dignities2.gif

Last edited:

Neptune Rising

Hi Undo, I'm very grateful for your reply. :)

I'm still a bit puzzled though..

Is Mars peregrine in Leo? If so, what makes Mars peregrine in Leo? Is it because Mars in Leo is not in its own term, face ect for the duration of Leo?

I understand what peregrine is, a wanderer, like a traveller looking around with no roots, but what makes it peregrine - how can you spot a peregrine planet..

Thanking you!
NR

Undo

Neptune Rising said:

Is Mars peregrine in Leo? If so, what makes Mars peregrine in Leo? Is it because Mars in Leo is not in its own term, face ect for the duration of Leo?

I understand what peregrine is, a wanderer, like a traveller looking around with no roots, but what makes it peregrine - how can you spot a peregrine planet..

Thanking you!
NR

He's only Peregrine if he's not in the last 10 (preferably the last 5) degrees of Leo. He'd then be on his own (last 5 degrees) terms and in his own (last 10 degrees) face.

Although, he would definitely not be Peregrine if he is in mutual reception with another planet.

As for what makes him Peregrine is if he's not received, if he's not in his exaltation, face, terms, or dignity.

I didn't realize this was the Horary forum, but I know a bit of Traditional astrology (thanks to Kai).

Neptune Rising

Hi Charm!

Thank you, thats very kind to check out my chart. That quite interesting, I never thought to check my natal, sounds right as well, Moon peregrine. Does it count though as Moon is in mutual reception with Saturn in my natal chart..? Saturn in Cancer, and Moon in Saturn's face. I wonder if we can use the same principal for horaries and natals..

I was actually asking because I did a horary chart I cast earlier and was wondering which planet in that chart was peregrine, but now I'm intrigued with the natal :p

Many many thanks :)
NR

Undo

charmvirgo said:
I don't think you can intermix mutual receptions. It would have to be Moon in Capricorn if Saturn was in Cancer, or Saturn in Moon's face if Moon is in Saturn's face.

What happened to your lovely crystal avatar?

Or terms.

And, I think her crystals got a little strung out on acid. :p

But, you're welcome to both of you!

Neptune Rising

Thanks Charm.

Is that your cat? What a lovely looking cat.

I thought the crystal was too big, maybe I should put some rose quartz there instead, to give off some calmness.

I'm trying out the wild psychedilic lotus for a while. :p

NR

Humanitarian

Thanking you!
NR
NR, Mars isn't peregrine in Leo, since from 25°-30° Leo, it is in the term/bound of Mars, and from 20°-30° Leo, it is in the face/decan of Mars.

IleneK

Premium Member

Correct.

Thanking you!
NR
It depends upon the position of the planet in the sign. With Mars, if it is at any degree other than 24 to the end of Leo, then it is peregrine.