pet peeve

suimui10

How do you explain pet peeves astrologically?
For instance, it drives me up the wall how irresponsible and unreliable some people are (say, they show eagerness to read your chart, you give them personal info, they pretend they are working on it and then they disappear with not as much as a line of an excuse!).
Perhaps it's their problem and we should be looking into their charts (ADD anyone?). That's still an "astrology and psychology" mystery.

Sui

suimui10

Being busy never stopped me from keeping my promises. And if I fall short in doing as I promised, I let people know so they're not hanging high and dry. It's the decent thing to do.

Njorwhald

Yes, but they hardly promised to do it, I imagine. You just have to either wait longer or ask some one else. The internet is not an acquaintance.

suimui10

Actually, you don't know what happened and so you have to take my word for it.
For sure I don't enjoy sharing my personal info over PM upon someone's request and then having this someone disappear (completely, no word!) while my personal data are floating on his/her desk.

Njorwhald

I don't, but as a general rule, you cannot expect to trust people with such things on the internet, unless they are doing it professionally and you're paying them. You can edit out information from your chart such as DOB and LOB, anyway. :)

suimui10

You are new here so I don't expect you to understand what I'm referring to.
But for sure you don't treat people like that in real life? Do they have to be your friends for you not to lie to them?
When you say "I'm looking into your chart", don't you mean it? Or because they are not your friends you are free to lie to them? What if this is the internet? You can still be a sincere person and politely beg off the reading. The specific incident I'm referring to was a case where the person asked me to read my chart, not the other way around!

Last edited:

Njorwhald

I am not new to the internet. I grew up with it. And on the internet are rules, regardless if it's a forum about astrology, or cars, pets, whatever. If you are not more specific about what you're complaining about, then the correct thing to say is to tell you to be more careful and edit your charts. It's a basic rule when using the internet.
Otherwise, please disclose more info if it's appropriate and I'll retract all I've said and apologies.

suimui10

I am quite specific in what I'm referring to. You must learn to read people's posts before you respond.
I never said anything about editing a chart. That's your assumption of what happened.
Go back and READ my last post. Then understand what I'm talking about.

I am not new to the internet. I grew up with it. And on the internet are rules, regardless if it's a forum about astrology, or cars, pets, whatever. If you are not more specific about what you're complaining about, then the correct thing to say is to tell you to be more careful and edit your charts. It's a basic rule when using the internet.
Otherwise, please disclose more info if it's appropriate and I'll retract all I've said and apologies.

suimui10

It means I did not ask them or expect them to do the reading, they ASKED me to. This means they intended to. When I PM you asking to read your chart and asking for an additional personal info, and then I PM you again saying that I am looking at your chart and the info you offered and then I completely disappear with no word to you, that's my pet peeve. Lack of the decency to follow up on your own word (even if it is just to say that 'hey, i'm busy, will get to that later'). I hope this clarifies.

And I posted this on the astro&psych board, because I really think this might well be some sort of affliction of their Merc/Uranus. I'd be interested to look into it from that point of view and hear what more experienced astrologers have to say. It reminds me a lot of ADHD situations and I think I sort of remember a debate on here about whether disorders/behaviors of this kind are genetic or symptomatic and how this difference might affect the chart interpretation.

Last edited:

Njorwhald

Lol, this is a a common problem, people do do things like that and there is no use getting worked up over it. It is akin to asking why people forget, why people ignore you etc. There is probably no major problem, and if there is, so what?
You cannot know, in my opinion, for sure what it is.
I have done this before even. It's doesn't mean I have ADHD.

suimui10

Lol, this is a a common problem, people do do things like that and there is no use getting worked up over it. It is akin to asking why people forget, why people ignore you etc. There is probably no major problem, and if there is, so what?
You cannot know, in my opinion, for sure what it is.
I have done this before even. It's doesn't mean I have ADHD.

You have a lot to know about people if you think everyone is like that.

suimui10

If this is a person on this board, there's a big chance their chart is on this board.

hi bittermoon, their chart is not on the board but even it it was, I would never use it without their permission. [Imagine how that conversation would go: hi, I think you are a dufus, may I look in your chart and prove I'm right?] LOL Sure I could look if it was there but for studying it usually you need much more than a natal chart. Besides, it's not about this one person. As I said, their behavior is akin to ADHD characteristics, which is far more interesting to look at.

bittermoon

Then perhaps you could start a more general chat thread on possible indicators for ADHD. This particular thread just reads as if it was written out of personal frustration with a particular person.

suimui10

Then perhaps you could start a more general chat thread on possible indicators for ADHD. This particular thread just reads as if it was written out of personal frustration with a particular person.

Actually like the title says yes it is about a personal pet peeve. However, I still have a view of it from an astro&psych point so I have posted it here. What sidetracked my original post's intention was the intervention by the other member who keeps diminishing the issue as not deeming of a further consideration. The mention of a particular example was only to make my case clear to that member.
Do you remember where (which board or sub-board) we discussed ADHD and related phenomena? Was it the medical? The boards have changed a bit since then. Thx.

bittermoon

You'll have to use the 'search' option. I see it come up from time to time but do not have a personal interest in it, so am not closely following any discussions on that matter.

Of course, breaking a promise is not necessarily a symptom of someone having ADHD. It could be a scattered mind, someone who generally overpromises, someone who's stalking you, someone who had a real emergency come up. Could be anything.

Good luck!

suimui10

Of course, breaking a promise is not necessarily a symptom of someone having ADHD. It could be a scattered mind, someone who generally overpromises, someone who's stalking you, someone who had a real emergency come up. Could be anything.

If you label it "breaking a promise" it becomes too vague to define or study. The example I mentioned above is just that; an example. When you wish to study a behavior you want to generalize the pattern and abstract away from specific people, "symptoms" or etiology. For sure this is not an isolated phenomenon though and barring any vicious reasons (stalking, etc.) I'd rather examine it as an inherent inability to commit to one's own word/plan of action. Especially with ADHD people, this is the most striking form of behavior: inability to carry through their own commitments/plans. Not the same as changing one's own mind but rather a real inability to control the point of their attention at any given time. It's really interesting.

people will let you down in all walks of life, the thing is, is not to take it to heart. I expect you are talking about your Neptune thread (which I have not contributed/read). It is upsetting when peole let you down or don't do what they say they will do, but surely you have experienced this type of thing elsewhere in your life? unreliable people are everywhere, maybe this has taught you a Lesson not to put my faith in that member in the future. take care...