packed 8th house: very spot-on link

suimui10

Just to get everyone's attention who have planets in the 8th house, please read
this.

I have been looking for a long time for a good article on the 8th house and this is IT.

Major thanks to A50 and her links as I found this one in a post of hers.

Truly great article. If your 8th house is prominent, do read this! It will answer many of your q's.

Sui :)

Last edited:

VegasGemini

This was incredible to read, and I passed it along to my girlfriend who has moon, Merc, Venus and Saturn in the 8th (in Leo). She was the one to teach me the most about how to harness my intuitive gifts and the energies to "tap into" in order to make it happen. Without her influence I probably wouldn't have such keen insight. But she is more advanced than me...she's had the ability to see through anyone for her entire life. I think her transformation came about a year to a year and a half ago when she learned how to successfully block and shield. I'm learning it now, too...Cancer is the base for her energy...hers is much heavier than mine (for obvious reasons). I have no 8th house planets.

Thanks for the link!

T

Teb

I have sun jupiter venus and pluto there and I love the fact that I enjoy others resources. and love researching all things hidden near death experiences, before I got here stories etc.

suimui10

I have sun jupiter venus and pluto there and I love the fact that I enjoy others resources. and love researching all things hidden near death experiences, before I got here stories etc.

Yeah, I have Jupiter, Uranus and Pluto in the 8th house too so I know exactly what you're talking about. :D

Did you like Carmen's article?
Check her website; she has a little video about the 8th house too.

suimui10

This was incredible to read, and I passed it along to my girlfriend who has moon, Merc, Venus and Saturn in the 8th (in Leo). She was the one to teach me the most about how to harness my intuitive gifts and the energies to "tap into" in order to make it happen. Without her influence I probably wouldn't have such keen insight. But she is more advanced than me...she's had the ability to see through anyone for her entire life. I think her transformation came about a year to a year and a half ago when she learned how to successfully block and shield. I'm learning it now, too...Cancer is the base for her energy...hers is much heavier than mine (for obvious reasons). I have no 8th house planets.

Thanks for the link!

I'm so glad you liked it, Gem. :D
Your gf sounds a lot like me in terms of 8th house behaviors. :andy:

Sui :)

Claire19

I have an 8th house stellium and I thank you for the article.
It can be a heavy trip and difficult sometimes to handle.

I have Venus Mars Neptune conjunct there and Jupiter and Chiron too.

R4VEN

That's an excellent article. I had not previously read it.

I have my chart ruler (Saturn) in the 8th and Pluto close enough to the 8th house cusp to be considered as an 8th house Pluto.

When I first began looking into astrology, my father had just died, and his money/property had automatically gone to my mother. I had read that those with 8th house Saturn have difficulty or delays in receiving inheritances, etc. So when my mother died and all her finances were in an account, her house having been sold long before she died, my siblings expected the money to be transferred to us within no more than 3 months. I was not at all surprised when the payout was delayed by 6 months, due to the consultant who was handling my mother's money having a (sudden and unexpected) nervous breakdown........ very 8th house.

suimui10

Wow :D All my favorite people on this board have a packed 8th house!!
I don't think that's a coincidence! :biggrin:
If anyone cares, I got in touch with the author of the article. She's also a 8th house person and this explains her excellent insight.
A book of her is coming out soon on the mysteries of the 8th house. I don't plan to miss it!!
:)

lionfish

I have Sun and chart ruler (Sun) in the 8th. My father did not die a physical death, but due to divorce, at the age of 8 or so, he effectively died in my life. Since then, themes of loss, self-undoing, deep sadness, and feelings of isolation have been common. Even when I am at my happiest, I feel a darkness, a quietness, deep within. Since I began practicing yoga in earnest, I have become very interested in the idea of moving through death (physical or otherwise) with awareness. This does not make the feelings surrounding death any lighter or easier, but the awareness of things dying, transitions, transformations, does allow me to make sense of the experience, see it in context. It is a difficult placement. I often feel like I have some deep karma to work out. With sun trining my IC at 2 Scorpio, I feel like this orientation towards death and depth is at the core of my being.

Last edited:

tee_jay66

wow I have sun, mercury, venus, mars and jupiter all in the 8th.

This was very accurate. I did not have death of a father, but Ive never met my real father. I have been anxious and depressed and a loner all my life.

I do feel people's energies and pick up on their moods which affects me greatly. I feel others pain and cannot shake it off, its as if my energy ***** up their pain and I feel it to the point that it can make me feel mentally ill.

I do withdraw from people and life because Im too sensitive and all criticism and people's moods affects me for long periods of time so I prefer to be at one with nature and my cats!

Im learning that life is an illusion and trying to believe that we are all 'one' as it says, so life doent affect me too much

Great article :smile:

danashock

my sun is in aquarius squaring pluto and is in the 8th house. but my father is not dead. however he played a very minor role in my upbringing so since aquarius is there i suppose its a mental death. i think it also indicates the death of the ego (moon in aries) and the intense struggle that i am going through being in a very strict and mentally closed environment (middle east).

8th house people also tend to keep an awful grudge on those who hurt them,i'm trying to outgrow that.

Last edited: