Overcompensation?

Leorising98

When one has Chiron placed in a house in their birth chart, does that person tend to overcompensate for their shortcomings by focusing on the opposite house said asteroid is in?

I've tried to find some information on this, but to no avail. Have you noticed this in your own chart?

StillOne

please post a chart from astro.com. you can make it anonymous and it's free to join. preferably a chart from their extended chart selection.

sibylline

I'm barely familiar with Chiron, but mine is in the 11th. I do focus a lot on 5th house matters; I adore children, I perform, I love all creative works like music, acting, modeling. I have a 5th house Moon though, and I'd always attributed these tendencies to that.

Leorising98

http://www.astro.com/cgi/showgif.cgi?lang=e&gif=astro_2gw_01_asia_robinson.19020.12930.gif&res=100
I don't follow links. Please consider posting the chart as an attachment.

showgif.cgi

Last edited:

Leorising98

Really? Wow... that is interesting! Do you think that it may have something to do with overcompensation? Or that it's something else...?

sibylline

Really? Wow... that is interesting! Do you think that it may have something to do with overcompensation? Or that it's something else...?

It feels natural. I'm not trying to prove anything, I just like to express myself. I'm Leo ASC like you and my Moon is trine the ASC from the 5th so it just flows out. My mother was a clothing designer when I was younger and my sister (also Leo Rising, 5th hse Moon) and I were always her little "models" for new clients. The only constriction is from the square from my Pisces Sun in the 8th, which just likes to hide.

Leorising98

Oh, really? My moon trines my ascendant as well (my own mother works with children) and my sun squares it from my tenth house. Maybe it's just a coincidence- or that there's another explanation for it. Thanks for responding! Oh, I'm sure having two Leo ridings together must be quite the experience. :joyful: