Out of sign aspects

MTTY05

So I was looking at my solar return chart for 2009-10 and noticed there is an out of sign Kite, just like in my natal chart. My question is, do out of sign kites really count as kites/grand trines at all? Do they HAVE to all be in the same element? I thought a grand trine was supposed to be like a really pure expression of an element, but what if one planet is in another sign?

2009/10 solar return -- http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/7546/0910solarreturn.gif

wilsontc

Staff member
aspect patterns, to MMTY

MTTY,

You asked:
MTTY05 said:
So I was looking at my solar return chart for 2009-10 and noticed there is an out of sign Kite, just like in my natal chart. My question is, do out of sign kites really count as kites/grand trines at all? Do they HAVE to all be in the same element? I thought a grand trine was supposed to be like a really pure expression of an element, but what if one planet is in another sign?

Aspect patterns (such as kites and Grand Trines) are about aspects, so as long as all the aspects of the pattern are there, the aspect exists, no matter what sign the planets themselves happen to be in.

Aspectfully yours,

Tim

Last edited: